Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 406 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,418 Page Views | 18,255 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceMarketingProblemsQuestionsScammersStrategyZUANT3D

Scammer Problem: Can I restrict who can share a Matterport 3D Virtual Tour?18184

lifestyle72 private msg quote post Address this user
I have some clients who like to share their virtual tours on Facebook to advertise their rental property.

However, recently scammers have been copying the Virtual Tour URL and sharing it on fake profiles pretending they are the owners and scamming people out of deposit money.

Is their a way to restrict who can share the virtual tour, to prove ownership?

Making the tours password protected doesn't help as the owner would have to share the password to everyone wanting to view the tour which would not be practical and the scammers could just pose as a potential guests to get the password.

Any advice on how to help with this?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV eBook | Sales Lead Generation & Real-Time Insights for Matterport Tours powered by ZUANT | Guests: ZUANT Chief Executive Officer Peter Gillett and ZUANT Chief Technology Officer Dave Hickson | Episode: 174 | Thursday, 19 January 2023 | www.ZUANT3D.com | @petergillett

WGAN-TV | Sales Lead Generation & Real-Time Insights for Matterport Tours powered by ZUANT | Guests: ZUANT Chief Executive Officer Peter Gillett and ZUANT Chief Technology Officer Dave Hickson | Episode: 174 | Thursday, 19 January 2023 | www.ZUANT3D.com | @petergillett

@lifestyle72

While not exactly your question, here is an example of Sales Lead Generation Form in a Matterport Tour powered by ZUANT3D.com ...

=> Example of Lead Generation Form in a Matterport Tour powered by ZUANT3D.com

Would that help?

Free Zuant Offer

✓ Up to 20 Experiences (Matterport tours)
✓ Visitor Activity Tracking
✓ Lead Generation
✓ Email Notification

Best,

Dan

P.S. For clarification, the potential renter would need to complete the lead-generation form to enter the Matterport tour. That info would go to the owner: not the scammer! So, it defeats the scammers. Your thoughts?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hey Dan,

Thank you for your quick response. I think this would be a potential solution. I will run this by my clients for there thoughts.

Thank you,

Shane Vernon
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@lifestyle72

Shane,

Okay. Great. Please complete this form (to see that you can not view the Matterport tour unless you complete).

=> Example of Lead Generation Form in a Matterport Tour powered by ZUANT3D.com

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
You can add a tag at a start of your tour saying you are the only person an interested party should be contacted with for sale/lease and make sure you have all contact details entered for your tour.

It should stop scammers as they won't be able to pretend they are owners or acting on your behalf.
At least those who cannot do programming as any information including what is shown in a tag can be dynamically changed with JavaScript.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@wingman

I think that may be the best way to solve the problem. Have you ever heard of anyone having problems with hackers changing tags, etc? I'm just wondering how much of a guarantee I can provide my clients with that they won't get scammed through the tour.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
No, I have not heard anything like this but it is totally possible so we should account for it even if it is a very small chance. I do not think Matterport can do anything about it though as it is just html elements and there are tools(HTML DOM and Javascript) that allows to access anything on a html page and change text in it and much more.

You can also password protect it, ask every viewer to give you a mobile number and text a password to them. And change the password everyday. At least this way scammers should be giving their phone number to you everyday if they want to run their scam for a long time.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Philly private msg quote post Address this user
@lifestyle72 A little confused on why your clients are having such an issue with this? Is this no different than someone stealing pictures of their listing and doing the same thing?

If I were you I would enact one of these suggestions and present it to your clients in a way that the virtual tour is actually a *benefit* to the problem they are having. As Wingman and Dan suggested, there are ways to dynamically change these tours that provide a direct, in your face, confirmation of exactly who owns the property and who should be contacted.

I think a giant tag at the opening view, potentially in combination with a Zuant submission form, would be an unbelievable selling point to your clients. Every single submission that comes through Zuant can be sent an immediate email of "The walkthrough you are viewing is owned and offered solely by XYZ...No response should be given unless you are contacting this email address" etc. etc. The added benefit beyond the security increase is the leads the submission form is bringing in, another selling point for your clients.

None of this is possible by sharing pictures. These are VALUE ADDS! You just have to show them!
Post 8 IP   flag post
ZUANT 3D
Sales Leads
& Real-Time
Insights
United Kingdom
samwoolford private msg quote post Address this user
@lifestyle72

Hi Shane,

Zuant has a submission form that must be completed upon entry into an experience. This then filters all activity and engagements form a visitor back to the Account Manager which would then eliminate the chance of your tours being duplicated.

You can start for free to test this out for yourself and see if this is a viable solution to your problem.

Free sign up link

All the best,

Sam
Post 9 IP   flag post
fdd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
I do not think Matterport can do anything about it though as it is just html elements and there are tools(HTML DOM and Javascript) that allows to access anything on a html page and change text in it and much more.

When you visit a web from another web, your browser send the original web url to the destination web. It's called HTTP Referer header: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_referer

So technically matterport can give the option of forbid urls from virtual tours are embedded or linked.

But I think the most easy thing is include contact name (name/telephone/url) of the owner in the matterport house title.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101704 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?