Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pro3ProblemsQuestionsWarning

Pro3 outdoor issues: How to handle?18179

dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
A couple of times now on captures with some exterior (3D not 360) or with all exterior scans we’ve had processing issues. Capture works, upload works, then a delay in processing, then failure. Removing some exterior scans helped so far. Not sure yet of cause. No identified position or alignment issues while scanning. Anyone seeing similar issues? Might be where they connect around the building having trouble aligning.
Post 1 IP   flag post
EMILIANO private msg quote post Address this user
@dave3d

I noticed that when external surveys are made, to optimize processing times and therefore (I assume) avoid errors, the areas not involved are removed (the Laser Lidar reaches up to 100mt..)

E.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Dave3D... How many outside scans are we talking about here? I've done several single and double loops around a property with no issues other than very minor misalignment
Post 3 IP   flag post
Just a few it hasn’t happened every time. And till today removing some outside scans corrected it. So there’s something specific involved I’m guessing. We’ve done outsides without issue as well. It makes me wonder as to the cause. Kind of like an electrical problem in a car right now…..
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I do not think it has anything to do with your outdoor or indoor scans. It just happens sometimes and it has been happening with pro2 tours. So do not delete anything before uploading. Instead try the following first and only if it does not work re-upload:

When you see an error after processing, click on three dots menu for this tour and select Create a copy. It will create a duplicate of a tour with a new tour id. It is usually a fast process but once you click create a copy it will show Processing on this copy. Usually if you refresh a page in workshop Processing will be gone and a duplicate will be ready. If it is not then just wait till it has been processed.
Somebody reported going around the same problem as you with a Pro2 tour a few months on MOUG.

If it does not work and the duplicate shows Error too then you just need to re-upload your tour again. You do not need to delete scans for reuploading, just need to make a tiny change anywhere in a tour with marking or trimming lines and the capture app will let you upload the same job again.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks,

Our method has been resubmitting with small changes. That works. Just concerned with beginning pro3 scans. We’ve only done 17 pro3 scans so far. Will have a better understanding after 50 or so I imagine. One outdoor completed after a longer than expected processing period and one required resubmission.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101436 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?