Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
LightPro3QuestionsWarning

Pro3 does not work in slightly darkened rooms: Defective Pro3?18178

WGAN
Fan Club
Berlin, Germany
3dblickwinkel private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

in the last few days i have visualized some projects that have slightly darkened rooms. Some sauna rooms, a 3D cinema hall and a listed water tower.

Unfortunately, the Pro3 didn't work in these rooms. The laser started, but the camera didn't rotate. There was an error message:

Scan cannot be completed. Please try again. If this error persists, turn your camera off and on before the next scan.

Unfortunately I had to restart the camera again and again and it still didn't work.

What was interesting for me was that the pro2 worked without problems in the same environments.

Have any of you had similar experiences? I suspect there is a defect in the camera.
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
@3dblickwinkel probably a bug in the camera? Can’t imagine the Pro3 is not working in darkened environments. Also the laser should work properly without any exterior light.
Post 2 IP   flag post
daslack private msg quote post Address this user
@3dblickwinkel I shot a home that is being bid for remodeling. It had some areas that were very poorly lit and it was overcast outside. I was concerned that the Pro 3 might not work or produce a poor image quality. No errors and those areas seemed brighter than they actually were when I received the model back from Matterport. After reading your post that does give me cause for concern going forward.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Philly private msg quote post Address this user
100% reiterating what @daslack says. Just shot a home that had no overhead lighting and had zero issues with the camera. The model was returned from matterport much brighter than expected, which was great. The issue may be with your specific hardware
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Berlin, Germany
3dblickwinkel private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for your answers. I believe that Pro3 is defect. I´m using an ipad pro and the problems doesn´t appear while using Pro2.

Intersting is, that yesterday this kind of issue has been posted in the German MP FB group. Keep you informed if I have news.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101749 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?