Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Cruise Ship ExamplesMatterport ExamplesPro3Scanning

My Examples of Cruise Ships Shot with a Matterport Pro3 Camera18176

DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Here are the first two Cruise Ships ever shot in full (not just a cabin...), I used the new Pro 3.
Please do not post these on any site's.
Douglas Meyers Premier Images...
These tours were paid for by Cruisebound.com

RCCL... Grandeur of the Seas...
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=jU6UceW1Sr8

Carnival Conquest...
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=tY5dTRvjijE
Post 1 IP   flag post
GamelLarry private msg quote post Address this user
Nice work, ...I was just on that ship the other day. That would be interesting to see
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic Member
Boston
Noddy private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Douglas,
Impressive work!
Looking at RCCL, why did you leave one floor blank?
And roughly how far apart were your outdoor scans? Must have taken some time to do all this & these ship are not often empty of people I bet!
Post 3 IP   flag post
... Great work. How long did it take you?
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Great job! What I can't figure out is how these were done with no one in any of the scans that I can see. I can't imagine when any cruise ship is void of crew or passengers long enough to do this. Would love to know how you worked around that issue.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy
Hi Douglas,
Impressive work!
Looking at RCCL, why did you leave one floor blank?
And roughly how far apart were your outdoor scans? Must have taken some time to do all this & these ship are not often empty of people I bet!

The Matterport computer did that floor and we can't seem to get rid of it.
We spent 5 days on the first ship and 4 days on the other ship and man that was almost not enough time.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamelLarry
... Great work. How long did it take you?

We spent 5 days on the first ship and 4 days on the other ship and man that was almost not enough time.
I shot mostly from 1am to 5am and the outside shots done while we were in port.
My outside shots were 15 paces apart.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzphotoman
Great job! What I can't figure out is how these were done with no one in any of the scans that I can see. I can't imagine when any cruise ship is void of crew or passengers long enough to do this. Would love to know how you worked around that issue.

I shot mostly from 1am to 5am and the outside shots done while we were in port.
I was a cruise director back in the day so I know the in's and out's of the ship life
My outside shots were 15 paces apart.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I recognized the ports. At least they didn't require the cabins. Those hallways were giving me anxiety thinking of all the misalignments that could occur.
Post 9 IP   flag post
aerialpixels private msg quote post Address this user
Very cool!

Roughly how many scan points did you end up with per ship?
And did you have any problems uploading since the Pro3 has way more data
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Text Me 5 Minutes Before WGAN-TV is Live | WGAN-TV | How I Shot Two Cruise Ships with a Matterport Pro3 Camera in 9 Days | Guest: Premier Images Founder and President Douglas Meyers | Episode: 176 | Thursday, 9 February 2023 | www.PremierImages.biz | @DouglasMeyers

RCCL's Grandeur of the Seas
Matterport Digital Twin courtesy of Premier Images Founder and President Douglas Meyers

Carnival's Conquest
Matterport Digital Twin courtesy of Premier Images Founder and President Douglas Meyers

---
Douglas requests: Please do not post these on any sites.
---

WGAN-TV Douglas Meyers: "How I Shot Two Cruise Ships with a Matterport Pro3 Camera in 9 Days"

Hi All,

On WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, 9 February 2023, my Guest will be Boone, NC-based Premier Images Founder and President Douglas Meyers showing and telling us about:

=> WGAN-TV Live at 5 | "How I Shot Two Cruise Ships with a Matterport Pro3 Camera in 9 Days"

This WGAN-TV Live at 5 show airs live at 5 pm ET today (Thursday, 9 February 2023) on the WGAN-TV YouTube Channel (and at the top of the WGAN Forum.

Best,

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV | How I Shot Two Cruise Ships with a Matterport Pro3 Camera in 9 Days | Guest: Premier Images Founder and President Douglas Meyers | Episode: 176 | Thursday, 9 February 2023 | www.PremierImages.biz | @DouglasMeyers

Hi All,

Wondering what is it like to create a Matterport tour of a cruise ship?

Premier Images Founder and President Douglas Meyers describes his first-hand experience, plus, how this business opportunity happened and why his unique background made his the perfect company to engage for these two ships.

Questions for @DouglasMeyers?

Best,

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
101428 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?