Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,031 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MatterportPro3VideoWarning

[Video] Matterport Pro3, is the honeymoon over?18154

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
ScanYourSpace private msg quote post Address this user
I started off to make a video on how many scans I could do on a full battery... it didn't end well.

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Okay, this is the first time I've seen somebody to try that many scans with the pro 3. I have a job coming up that will easily be 400 scans. This kind of scares me!
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelray
Okay, this is the first time I've seen somebody to try that many scans with the pro 3. I have a job coming up that will easily be 400 scans. This kind of scares me!

I emailed the info and video to support, i'll post what they come back with. I fully expected it to do more and believe it can. I plan on going back sometime in the next 3 days to add to this tour and continue the testing.

the link to the actual tour is here: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=3t3ovZh3Aud

tom
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
Did you have any major misaligned scans? I have yet to have any really bad ones
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelray
Did you have any major misaligned scans? I have yet to have any really bad ones

I did. around scan 190 I think. when getting near a place I previously scanned. on the map it was not aligned perfectly. but once matterport processed the tour the tour looked fine.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Philly private msg quote post Address this user
Tom about how long does it take MP to process something like that after you upload? Quite the scan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
I uploaded it Wednesday afternoon and it was back last evening so a little over a day to process.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
and this is the response I got to my ticket

Hi Tom,

Thank for reaching out to Matterport Support.

I appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention and allowing me to assist you in scanning your model using Pro 3 camera.

Our sincere apologies for not being able to get in touch with you sooner, and for any inconvenience this may have caused.

In line with your concern, if you encounter the alignment issues, we suggest to delete the scan point and re-scan again by following the correct scan path. Pro3 uses LiDAR technology to accurately measure the size of an area while capturing the whole indoor and outdoor area of a property.

Kindly click the suggested article to know more about:
Overview of Pro3
FAQ: Pro3 Camera
If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to let us know or go to Support for any other Matterport-related issues.

Thank you once more and have a great day!

Best Regards,
Love Joy
Post 8 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@ScanYourSpace I have seen some of your other videos, is this the first time you scanned this many scans? It was hard to tell from the MP show case if they were about the same distance apart and when you started receiving the misaligned error message did you attempt to reduce the distance between scans to see if that helped? If you talked about it in the video, I was in a hurry and skipped thru part of the video to see the end and the issue you had.😁
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron0987
@ScanYourSpace I have seen some of your other videos, is this the first time you scanned this many scans? It was hard to tell from the MP show case if they were about the same distance apart and when you started receiving the misaligned error message did you attempt to reduce the distance between scans to see if that helped? If you talked about it in the video, I was in a hurry and skipped thru part of the video to see the end and the issue you had.😁

This is the first time I did this many scans with the pro3 correct. I kept the scans pretty close, about 12' apart maybe so I shouldn't have received any errors related to not being able to align. I found that the not able to align happened when I got under a tree with branches... odd. Yeah I know the video is long! but I thought it was useful to show the experience and I did talk a few times in the middle about things I was encountering. thanks for watching the other videos! I appreciate it.
tom
Post 10 IP   flag post
Sdoughtie private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve found that outside there doesn’t seem to be enough objects within range for it to align as it would within a box (inside). I’ve been able to scan well over 300 scans on a single battery. I did purchase a second battery just in case.

What did you think didn’t end well?
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
Were you ever able to go back and add more scans?
Post 12 IP   flag post
dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
We haven’t had issues on pro3 battery length but bought a few extras in case. Not sure if they are still shipping quickly from Amazon but ours arrived about the date predicted.
Post 13 IP   flag post
101421 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?