Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BatteriesMatterportPro3Warning

Warning: [Video] I received a defective Matterport Pro3 battery! bummer.18153

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
ScanYourSpace private msg quote post Address this user
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
I received a battery that won't charged past 46%. Seems there are issues!
Post 2 IP   flag post
EMILIANO private msg quote post Address this user
@ScanYourSpace

I received my third PRO3 battery today. Now I'm a little worried. I checked and there is no problem. Did the defect appear immediately or after a few uses? Thank you

E.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Philly private msg quote post Address this user
Oof. Between this and the tripod mounts, seems like there's some quality issues running wild. Or maybe the majority of them are great and we never hear from the happy users! Who knows. So far, so good on my mount and battery knock on wood.

P.S. Laughed out loud when you said there's a battery shortage and that this was your fifth battery. Are YOU causing the shortage? lol
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
@EMILIANO no not immediately... it appeared after maybe a week or two. I have 4 other batteries that are so far so good, so maybe this is a one off.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly3D
Oof. Between this and the tripod mounts, seems like there's some quality issues running wild. Or maybe the majority of them are great and we never hear from the happy users! Who knows. So far, so good on my mount and battery knock on wood.

P.S. Laughed out loud when you said there's a battery shortage and that this was your fifth battery. Are YOU causing the shortage? lol

I may or may not have contributed to it.. I blame Dan for his posting of "batteries are avail" I couldn't resist! i'm all done buying for now so everyone else have at it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

WGAN.INFO/pro3alerts | www.JoinWGAN.com | Text pro3alerts to 877-805-0960 | powered by texting platform: www.SimpleTexting.com

@ScanYourSpace

Thank you for your video.

I (just) sent a text alert to WGAN Forum Members that signed up for important Matterport Pro3 Camera alerts.

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
this was matterports response when I raised a ticket, keep in mind I requested a refund through amazon and matterport has up to 2 days to approve the request, i'm still waiting as I just requested the refund yesterday. supports response to my inquiry is a typical cut/paste response....

Hi Tom,

Thank you for contacting Matterport support. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you and address any other Matterport concerns you may have.

We are sorry for the inconvenience that this may have caused for the Item that you received for the Pro3 Camera.

In line for us to review this concern, kindly provide us the following information below:
Serial Number (S/N on bottom of camera)
Name/Email of the Billing Contact on the account the camera belongs to
If your camera was purchased from Amazon, please provide your Amazon Order ID
Shipping address
Detailed description of the presenting issue
Space/model links if the issue presents itself visually in the Showcase
Once we receive these information, We will provide you the following steps

Aside from this, we highly encourage you to check out our support website for future reference:
Matterport Support
If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to let us know. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
Rc
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@ScanYourSpace

Thank you for the documenting the defect with the Matterport Pro3 Camera battery that you received.

Since you had earlier Matterport Pro3 Camera batteries to compare, you were lucky that you could easily compare a good Pro3 battery to a bad Pro3 battery.

For anyone that gets a Pro3 WITH a defective battery, they may not easily recognize the problem and be super-disappointed with their first Matterport Pro3 Camera scanning experience.

For clarification, you did Matterport a favor by posting this defective Matterport Pro3 Camera battery issue for two reasons:

1. Anyone Googling Matterport Pro3 Camera battery problem will find your video
2. Help Matterport identify a (big) problem

Unfortunately, the Matterport Support "copy and paste" email that you received (above) was super-disappointing.

Here is how Matterport Support might have replied (instead of the super-disappointing "copy and paste" ...

---

Hi Tom,

WOW! That's crazy!

I apologize for the Matterport Pro3 Camera defective battery that you received.

And, thank you for calling our attention to this Matterport Pro3 Camera battery issue.

Yes. Please request a refund or exchange via Amazon and I will alert our fulfillment team (in case you request an exchange).

I have alerted our Matterport quality team in Taiwan to be on alert for this Matterport Pro3 Camera battery defect so that others don't have to be disappointed with their Matterport experience.

Thanks again! And, thank you for being a customer of Matterport (I enjoy watching your Matterport Pro3 Camera videos in the We Get Around Network Forum.)

Matterport Support

---
Post 9 IP   flag post
dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
We have the one with the camera plus 3 from Amazon. All good - no problems. Seem to be at about 1/2 a charge at unwrapping.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101436 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?