Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,056 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAndroidiOSiPadOSMatterport Showcase AppQuestionsRumors

Anyway to get the matterport virtual tour offline without Apple product?18138

wildcatdave71 private msg quote post Address this user
I know matterport has the 3D showcase app that they've had now since 2016 for Apple products.

I'm guessing the fact it's been 7 years will never see it on Android which is disappointing. I have some clients that would like to have their showcase viewable offline, is there any way to do this.

I guess preferably it would be some way to export it to a format that was self-contained and viewable for someone. I don't see how that would be impossible although it would take some effort. I have some commercial clients that would like to permanently have their showcases available without having to use the web service.

Also it ties up an act of space for me if I leave it active and definitely.

Some of these clients would be using it for web-based display and having it be permanently connected to their web server would be a better option than linked to matterport for their uses.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
Not currently. Only current offline option is showcase for iOS or iPadOS
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
ScanYourSpace private msg quote post Address this user
You could offer them a monthly hosting, support and maintenance plan for $xx/month and charge them to keep it online. When customers ask me about having secured (not hosted on web) 3D tours or offline viewing only I direct them toward iGuide as an alternative to Matterport.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I have heard rumors of a universal app that will combine both capture & showcase which would be both Android & iOS.

But, currently there’s no additional information nor an ETA for this
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I doubt you’ll ever see a truly offline or self hosted option
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I do not know if Tony Redhead is a member here but he has been offering an app for showcasing virtual tours from different platforms in one app. Matterport is listed as supported and he says you can download each tour for offline viewing. If that still works and the app is still supported(its website is down) it means you can create an app with somebody's tour that should work offline.

This is Tony's webpage about it.

However the app website at https://360appmaker.com/ is not responding so I do not really know what is happening now with this app. I found info about it a few years ago and it was all working.

I tried to find a way to get a downloaded Matterport for Showcase app to work in just a browser. However there is no web server tools for IOS that can let you run a webserver on Ipad or Iphone and let you specify a default application folder. There is plenty of apps for Android that can do it but the Showcase app is no longer available for Android. That may be a reason why they have killed as some smart people knowing how a web server works could use a downloaded tour to show it even on Internet through simple routing from a public IP to a local IP using offline data for this tour.
Post 6 IP   flag post
wildcatdave71 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks so much for all the replies. Looks like for now they have to use the web link. I do have a few clients that I'm charging an annual fee to keep it hosted. Basically just a small amount to a couple clients that helps cover me moving to the next bigger active plan.
Post 7 IP   flag post
fdd private msg quote post Address this user
If you want only the 360 panos images, you can download it with open source software and view offline in any device that supports open 360 images, like Android with Ricoh Theta app.

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/17967/matterport-dl-in-github-an-open-source-matterport-downloader/

I think it's the most compatible solution, but of course, it lacks a lot of all useful extra tools of matterport, it just views the panos 360 images, nothing more, no 3d view, no measure tools, and so on.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101740 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?