Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GimbalsiPhone 14 Pro MaxStabilizer

Can you recommend a gimbal for my iPhone 14 Pro Max?18126

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Can you recommend a gimbal for my iPhone 14 Pro Max?

I am looking for:

I seek three features:

1. auto-sets stabilization
2. smooth hand-held video
3. follow-me (a plus) [follow a person I am recording]

Least expensive is a plus.

My use-cases: record interviews at trade-shows

The easier-to-use, the better.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
Zhiyun Smooth 5S on a budget or the Zhiyun Crane M3 if you are looking for a little additional room for accessories (mics, lenses, etc)

The Zhiyun Smooth 5 is only marginally cheaper while the 5s gives you an on gimbal fill light
Post 2 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

Rather simple, since replaced by a model with a built in selfie stick this is on offer at a great price and does everything I need it to.
DJI OM 4 SE - 3-Axis Smartphone

I also use this little lapel mike to improve my commentary and reduce background noise.
Available for iPhone, android, or even both.

Wireless Lavalier Microphone... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B3XF7J2W?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
DJI's Pocket 3 is suppose to drop in April or May which should see some upgrades and the Pocket is a convenient travel device

I'd love to see a DJI Pocket PRO with the 4/3's camera From the bigger birds but, I believe that is just wishful thinking

The DJI Pocket 2 Creator Combo has a wireless mic

Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnitsch
Zhiyun Smooth 5S on a budget or the Zhiyun Crane M3 if you are looking for a little additional room for accessories (mics, lenses, etc)

The Zhiyun Smooth 5 is only marginally cheaper while the 5s gives you an on gimbal fill light

@lilnitsch

Thank you! The addition of the light for $20 on the Zhiyun Smooth 5S seems like a good idea.

About:

Seems like too much $$$ for my needs.

@Gladsmuir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladsmuir
Rather simple, since replaced by a model with a built in selfie stick this is on offer at a great price and does everything I need it to.

Thank you!

And, thanks for the wireless mic suggestion. (I found similar - buy not the same - in the USA Amazon Store.

@lilnitsch

If I went with the Zhiyun Smooth 5, do you think it would auto-balance with the addition of the wireless mic attachment that @Gladsmuir recommends?

@Gladsmuir

Does the - DJI OM 4 SE - 3-Axis Smartphone - auto-balance with the mic too?

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@DanSmigrod

The Smooth 5 & 5s motor wise are the same I have seen the Zhiyun Smooth 5s on eBay for as little as $150 new

I am unsure on the Mic that @Gladsmuir has recommended as I have heard that these mic's are really hit and miss on iOS

I'll have to try balancing my DJI Mic with my Zhiyun Smooth 5 (I want the 5s but, cannot justify it as I already own the 5)
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Once again while the DJI Mic is more $$ it also saves the audio track to the device so, even if you loose signal you still have the audio track to recover
Post 7 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

The mike pickup is small and light and as long as you install the phone carefully does not affect the balance.
I’m using with an iPhone and I’ve not experienced any connection issues that @lilnitsch mentions.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
DJI mic balances with the iPhone 14 Pro Max ~ I had to steal my brothers phone as I went with the iPhone 14 Pro this year

Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
@DanSmigrod

The mike pickup is small and light and as long as you install the phone carefully does not affect the balance.
I’m using with an iPhone and I’ve not experienced any connection issues that @lilnitsch mentions.

Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnitsch
DJI mic balances with the iPhone 14 Pro Max ~ I had to steal my brothers phone as I went with the iPhone 14 Pro this year

Thanks for testing. Which gimbal is that?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@DanSmigrod

Zhiyun Smooth 5 had I known they were going to drop one with a built in fill light I would have waited. You can add up to 2 magnetic fill light to the Zhiyun Smooth 5 though they are an additional $40 each

Side handle is off big my Zhiyun Crane 3
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Greenville, South Carolina
8643d private msg quote post Address this user
@lilnitsch

I’m trying to offer walkthrough videos for my customers. I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max and a Moment wide angle lens (I have some counterweights from Moment on the way too), will my DJI OM 5 handle this setup?

If not, I also have a DJI Ronin-S. What would be needed to use my iPhone with it?

If I want to add a mic in the future for Realtor intros, does this change my options at all?
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@8643d

I got away from the DJI mobile Gimbals as they just were not quite strong enough for the larger phones especially once you start adding accessories.

For Walkthrough videos I am currently using my iPhone 14 Pro and the Zhiyun Crane M3 this setup will carry quite a bit I had used this with my iPhone 13 Pro Max in a beast cage prior to getting my iPhone 14 Pro

Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@8643d

I know this is an SC but, this should be doable with your DJI Ronin-S. You may want to pick up a SmallRig cage to add a little weight to the camera ~ the SmallRig cage works with Moments lenses. The other plus in my opinion is this bigger more professional gimbals make it less likely that an agent will buy a gimbal and try and just do it themselfs

Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@8643d

I believe the interiors on this property was done with my iPhone 13 Pro Max Aerial would have been my Air2s or Mavic Pro2

Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
@lilnitsch

Awesome, the video looks great, exactly what I’m trying to go for. Thanks for your input.

I agree with using a larger professional gimbal to deter agents from attempting themselves. I think getting a Smallrig case for the iPhone and using with the Ronin might be my best solution.
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
@DanSmigrod

Are you familiar with the newer models? In the Amazon Store, I see:

1. DJI OM 4 SE
2. DJI OM 4
3. DJI OM 5
4. DJI OM 6

For me, self balancing of my iPhone 14 Pro Max is a "must" ...

Are the newer models any better? Any better if I add a mic?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 17 IP   flag post
Hi @Dan
I looked at the range, but the more recent ones had no additional features I needed.
My requirements are simple, creating short promotional videos.
I have no need to impress clients with a professional rig, if I did I’d get a gimbal for my DSLRs.
I’ll post a photograph tomorrow, but the very compact phone fitting for the mike means the magnetic bracket is central on the phone, giving me confidence that it will remain balanced.
Oliver
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
DJI just launched a cheaper Mic setup with a single transmitter ~ I believe the extra transmitter and charging case is well worth the $110 price difference

https://store.dji.com/product/dji-mic?vid=129621
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@lilnitsch

Thank you!

Dan
Post 20 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

Excuse the delay, work/life got in the way!
Attached photo of gimbal on its mini tripod stand, fitted with the mike pickup attached.
Also the mike and the case that acts as a charger. For really long shoots you can plug a charger cable into the mike and power it from a power bank in your pocket.
Basic, but for my needs it is perfect.
Oliver
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Gladsmuir

Much thanks for sharing this photo of your setup.

Best,

Dan
Post 22 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
@lilnitsch

Does the M3 connect to the shutter button on your iPhone? Allowing you to start/stop video from the gimbal without touching the iPhone screen?

I was able to mount my iPhone to my Ronin-S, but I don’t know of a way to control the shutter button without pressing on the iPhones screen. The Ronin is also pretty heavy, I’m thinking of just getting a M3.
Post 23 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@8643d

Negative, I just tap the shutter button. I suppose I could also possibly use my apple watch to start stop but, I haven't found it necessary
Post 24 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

I realise that I should mention that the DJI OM4 SE runs off an app on your mobile.
As a result you can control start/stop, slo mo, time lapse, rotation, panning, zooming, swopping between video/ stills, locking on to faces to track etc etc etc all from the buttons on the gimbal.
At no point do you need to touch the phone.
Oliver
Post 25 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Gladsmuir

The Zhiyun Smooth 5 or 5s does as well. The larger Professional gimbals just require a little bit of effort though the tradeoff is the ability to kit out a rig for different needs
Post 26 IP   flag post
@Iilnitsch
The OM4 is quite basic and is not expandable in any way, so your solution is more ‘industrial’ and better suited to the needs of those creating content at a higher level.
Oliver
Post 27 IP   flag post
101641 27 27
This topic is archived. Start new topic?