Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360Capture AppPro2ScanningScans

Matterport Re-align Scan?18106

WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi

Saw a new feature yesterday on Matterport Capture app where you can manually re align a scan . Anybody else tried it
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Premium
Lahaina, Hawaii
Skeeter private msg quote post Address this user
I'm following this.
Post 2 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
@Harrycayman I’ll Check this with my 3 scans next week 👍
Post 3 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@Harrycayman what camera were you using for this feature. I definitely see this feature used in the Pro3 because of the way 3D data is captured. Definitely a good feature for the Pro2 if it works with it to.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Hi Ron

using the pro 2 . Have not ventured to buy pro 3 yet but considering it for outside speed vs the BLK

I can an entire house 4000 sq feet in an hour but the outside lawn area or pool which only takes 8 scans takes another hour plus with BLK

harry
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Premium
Lahaina, Hawaii
I have used a Pro2 for inside and the z1 for outside and they have worked very well.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Hi

i do have a z1 but its collecting dust it seems may try that if no as builts are needed.
Post 7 IP   flag post
aerialpixels private msg quote post Address this user
Are you all talking about the capture app in iPad?

Re-align feature has been around for some time for the Android version of the app.
Didnt do much testing with it before but I didnt think I felt very confident about its ability
to re align correctly even though I know my manual re-alignment placement was correct
Post 8 IP   flag post
Just one question Android or iOS has anyone seen this feature posted by Matterport. I wish they would post something talking about it, explaining it and how it works.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Sdoughtie private msg quote post Address this user
I tried to realign a scan today in iOS, but it didn’t see to do anything.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN
Premium
Lahaina, Hawaii
I did know you could do that. Has anyone made a video on how to do that?
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Skeeter keen idea, but again it would be nice if Matterport provided at least a basic structure on what it’s conceptual idea is and the basics on how to use it.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Hi
So when scanning and you get that low overlap scan you can adjust it by realign and a few scans it took away the message of low overlap but majority times it didn't make a difference. Matter port needs to explain it better.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Olegred private msg quote post Address this user
I have been realigning for months, but that is because, I am, most likely, on a beta tester program. It works fine. It will realign the subsequent scans too.
Post 14 IP   flag post
What is there to know? Pick the scan, press realign, drag it where you want it, rotate, press green checkmark, and pray.
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I have tried it in Android beta and it has worked just fine. It won't accept realignment only if you try to align scans that do not belong but as long as a scan is placed approximately where it should be it should not be a problem. Cool feature and I am glad it is on production version for IOS devices.
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olegred
What is there to know? Pick the scan, press realign, drag it where you want it, rotate, press green checkmark, and pray.

It is actually mimicking in actions what you would do with registering scans on BLK360. In fact it is actually registration in LiDAR world terms that just called alignment in Matterport.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olegred

It is actually mimicking in actions what you would do with registering scans on BLK360. In fact it is actually registration in LiDAR world terms that just called alignment in Matterport.

It also works on nonlidar cameras.
Post 18 IP   flag post
101428 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?