Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
iPhone 14Pro2Problems

New iPhone 14 not connecting to Matterport Pro2: help please!18091

bwest360 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

I just got the new iPhone 14, but for some reason it will not sync up to my Matterport Pro2. It makes no sense and only says it is connected to my iPhone. I am even connected to the Matterport camera in my wifi and it won't register to the app. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@bwest360

Perhaps your iPhone 14 has the previous name "iPhone" (so it really is connected)?

Can you record a video so that we can see what you see your workflow in attempting to connect?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks for helping. This is what my iPad looks like when I login and it looks perfect (see attached).

The next two photos are my attempt of logging in via my iPhone 14 and it won't acknowledge the Matterport camera.
Post 3 IP   flag post

Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@bwest360

May I trouble you for a video of what's happening?

I can not tell from the screen grabs.

Also ...

@MatterFix

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I would turn off wifi on any device you have ever used with Matteport in the past. I have found old phones connecting to the Matterport before a new iphone or ipad gets to connect. Same for 360 cameras. There's a priority for previously connected devices.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Yup, the only thing that could happen is if the old iPhone that I traded back in at the Verizon store is still connected instead of the new iPhone. This would be very strange if this is the case.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
Well, you eliminated that idea by turning off the ipad and not having another phone around to attach to the camera. I cannot imagine you old phone being attached being so far away. Perhaps your app is choked up. You may want to delete the Capture app and reinstall on the iphone 14. This has fixed an issue from before when I copied one phone to another. Hopefully, you backked up your scans in case you need them from before.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Tried that. So strange, I might just go down to the Apple store tomorrow. This is beyond strange.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Does anyone think the new Ipad Pro 10th Generation with the M2 Chip would be faster than the iPhone 14?
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
I always use Ipad Pro unless I forget it and no time to turn back. The wifi signal seems to be stronger and I don't find myself posing like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever hiding behind a wall trying to get a stronger wifi hit. Clients appear to be impressed with bigger objects versus using a phone like the one in their pocket.

As @DanSmigrod suggested, maybe a video would help. I suppose you have already forgotten the network "Matterport M04LW23E" and then connected again on WiFi. Seems like all it wants to do is have you shoot on the iphone or Axis. You aren't able to touch between Iphone and the Matterport light are you (above the capture button)?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Nope, it doesn't even appear as an option.
Post 12 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
If your iPhone 14 had LiDAR them your capture app will default to your iPhone for capturing. That is why the capture app is stating iPhone. You need to go into your iPhone settings under application and then scroll down to the Matterport app and tap it and change the settings and turn off Camera and then your iPhone will sync to your Pro2 camera.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I did that! My Matterport is connected to wifi and it won't register it. This is beyond bizarre. See photo.
Post 14 IP   flag post
The camera doesn't even come up as an option to select. I also have 2 Pro2 cameras and I have tried both.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Have you gone into Settings on your iPhone and scrolled all the way down to Matterport (which sits in the settings section not the applications section)it may appear at the very bottom of your settings list. Did you click on this Matterport section?. If no do so now and you will see several options, one of them is Camera. You need to make sure that this is turned off (no longer green) if it's not turned off the MP capture app will default to using the iPhones camera as it senses your phone has LiDAR and will want to use your iPhone as the capture device.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Yes, I have been doing this from the beginning. I have tried everything.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Sorry then I can't not think of any other reason why this is happening. The auto turn on of the iPad or iPhone camera is what usually catches people out as they cannot capture spaces with their MP camera and the capture app keeps defaulting to their new iPad or iPhone. When they click on Options in the capture app it does not give them an option to turn off the iPad or iPhone camera which is something MP should offer as an option in the capture app instead of having to go into the setting menu of their iPad or iPhone.

Please let use know what you finally find out what was the culprit in causing you these headaches.

Good luck and best regards,

Gary
Post 18 IP   flag post
Figured it out. The iPhone had a VPN automatically synced up for some reason. The VPN had to be turned out and there is another setting in the phone that had to be disabled. The average person would have no idea if was even a feature on the phone without going to the Genius Bar at the Apple store. Good tip for the future if anyone is having this issue.
Post 19 IP   flag post
101641 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?