Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BIMBLK360LODPoint CloudsPro2Pro3QuestionsVersus

What is the estimated LOD for the Pro3?18080

dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
If the Pro2 is LOD 200, what is the estimated LOD for the Pro3?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Sdoughtie private msg quote post Address this user
I would say 200 also. There is no way for the camera to create BIM objects from the pointcloud without human input.
Post 2 IP   flag post
It’s a lot more accurate than pro2 from the literature. And I keep seeing pro2 as 200 so I’m a bit confused finding it the same. Even blk360 isn’t an automated bim at what I think is 300ish. So I get that it isn’t automated. Trying to discuss with an architect without being in fantasy land.
Post 3 IP   flag post
It’s far more accurate than the Pro2. I must be going by the wrong LOD scale.

GSA LOD300

LOD 300 similar to construction documents, the phase where a design begins to accurately resemble what will be installed. Specific elements are confirmed as 3D object geometry. Object dimensions, capacities, and connections defined.

At the conclusion of 300 level, a model will contain the accurate quantity, size, location, and systematic relationships of all objects that will eventually be installed. The data about all objects will be filled in with all basic information. No space claims or rough shapes should exist for any object that will be installed (space claims to protect space for code compliance or similar will still be present).

Individual object level coordination should be happening throughout this stage. Coordination should be focused on major hard clashes (e.g. pipe-on-pipe collisions). The AE and Constructors should be involved in the coordination meetings at this point.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I’m wondering if there exists a finite definition of LOD in terms of scan accuracy. As in x number of mm per x number of meters accuracy = a specific LOD

Ever run into anything like that? I can’t see how these levels would be defined by anything else. (As long as needed angles, coverage, etc we’re done)

Then again……if you do more scans in a tight space …does that give you more density and a higher LOD in that area? Even with a lower accuracy scanner?
Post 5 IP   flag post
We always measured measuring devices in +/- mm per 100M or 300M or in %.

I’m not a point cloud expert. I realized that when I downloaded the e57 file for a project. There are lots of options that matterport works out, like intensity, brightness, contrast, alignment, point quality.

The scanner is going to get the same number of point regardless of the room size (i assume). So tighter spaces are going to gave more point density.

You should download the sample e57 files for the pro2 and pro3 to see the difference.
Post 6 IP   flag post
yeah I'll take a look at some e57s we've done.... thanks
Post 7 IP   flag post
101429 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?