Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Floor PlansPro3Pro3 ProblemsProblemsScansTrim Tool

Matterport Pro3 Camera and (a problem) creating floor plans with Matterport18074

DigitalTwin private msg quote post Address this user
Dear colleagues,

I learned something new after scanning a hunting cabin, interior and exterior with a pro3. Sent an order in for a schematic floor plan and received an email hours later that it was on hold due to the roof structure from the exterior scans blocking the view in floor plan view. They requested I trim it which I did and resubmitted.

Just wanted to give anyone a heads up in order to avoid that snarl!

Happy New Year!
Todd
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Premium
Lahaina, Hawaii
Skeeter private msg quote post Address this user
I never use Matterport for floor plans. I use CAPTUR3D. Cheaper and faster. They are great to work with.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter
I never use Matterport for floor plans. I use CAPTUR3D. Cheaper and faster. They are great to work with.

Thanks Skeeter. I have used theirs as well and I also think their graphics are more interesting. Regardless, I believe this problem would still persist, the takeaway being that if you don't trim exterior overhead structures picked up by the Pro3, than nobody can view the interior, from above, to create an accurate floor plan.

T
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@DigitalTwin Would you please provide a link of your showcase with exterior overhead structures? I can show you the inside objects by our X-ray style floormap.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@JuMP Unfortunately I cannot share it currently as I am under an NDA from a film production company but I would like to see this X-ray floormap!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Sdoughtie private msg quote post Address this user
Here is an example. I didn’t order a floor plan; just the matterpak.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=qGChKvtA8S5

I wonder what would happen if I move the exterior sweeps to a different floor…

Post 6 IP   flag post
@Sdoughtie That's an interesting idea.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@Sdoughtie @DigitalTwin Here is x-ray style floormap for https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=qGChKvtA8S5

Post 8 IP   flag post
how did you do the x-ray style?
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@Sdoughtie We render the OBJ mesh file by our special shader.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuMP
@Sdoughtie We render the OBJ mesh file by our special shader.

how did you get the OBJ file? That would be VERY useful to know how to do.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@Sdoughtie I pm you. Please check your inbox.
Post 12 IP   flag post
SCAN TO CAD FILE SERVICE Baezeni private msg quote post Address this user
www.baezeni.com is a many year WGAN network service provider of all types of BIM and floorplan and project visualizations and can easily solve this.

We can use the link as you described and lower the top section and establish a 2D or 3D floorplan in any style you want for your project. We deliver within 12 to 24h.

If you want a most accurate modeling of BIM or floorplan you can send us the Matterpack model (can be ordered as extra from Matterport). It has files that can be opened either as pointcloud in Autodesk Recap or OBJ file can be opened directly in the free 3D program Blender or in Sketchup or a CAD program like AutoCAD or Revit.

If you want good service and warranty of quality you can send us a email to: contact@baezeni.com for direct custom support and price offer.

Volume or long term partner special price discounts and all types of engineering visualizations and BIM models or high quality real estate sales photo editing.

Send us as well a email if you interested in accurate production of floorplans from other types of input. We can advice you how you can make more accurate and add on measures, or lidar measure scan floorplan or BIM input with your Iphone or Ipad as well for free. This method can as well be used as a add on to any Matterport links to cover parts that are not 100% covered in your main model.
Post 13 IP   flag post
101429 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?