Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3rd Party Service ProviderMatterport SupportStitching

Matterport 3rd party stitching?17994

Uscampbells private msg quote post Address this user
Greetings! I am having a very tough time getting Matterport to contact me about stitching for a large project I am working on. Does anyone know of a 3rd party resource that might be able to assist me?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Uscampbells

Did you contact Matterport Sales (rather than Matterport Support)?

According to the Matterport Support FAQs: (Last Revised: 12 October 2022)

Matterport currently offers stitching services as a paid service. While we might occasionally process minor stitching requests as a courtesy, you should contact Matterport Sales to receive stitching as a paid service.

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Uscampbells

What are you trying to accomplish by combining two or more Matterport tours into one model?

I ask because there may be a different (free) solution such as:

1. Connecting two or more Matterport tours together via Matterport MatterTags
2. Including, using Matterport Deep Links

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Uscampbells

As far as I know, Matterport is the only company that provides stitching of two or more Matterport models together to display as one Matterport tour in Matterport Showcase (Matterport player).

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thank you for the response.
I have contacted Matterport. I have requested 7 files be stitched together. However, they closed my request before I heard anything from them. The email they sent me says they could not contact me. I have had no calls and received no emails from them. I am not being filled with confidence. This is why I am curious about 3rd party stitching services.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Uscampbells

For Matterport Stitching Services (FAQ), here's how to contact Matterport Sales (not Matterport Support).

In the US, call: +1 (888) 993-8990

Here is the Matterport Contact Sales Form.

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@Uscampbells Do you mean you want to get two of your showcases be merged together and become one bigger showcase, right?
How many capture points of each showcases before merge? Are there areas that captured in both showcases for alignment during merge?
If Matterport can't provide the services for you, we would like to try.
It could be some weeks for the development of the solution, we can start from a small one.

As I know, Matterport only support merge two showcases into one. If the original qty is more than two, they won't support it.
Merge showcases is a complex work to do. The cost could be much more than you recapture them together in one job file.

With a biggest ram memory ipad pro, you can reach almost 2000 capture points (20 hours capture work at least) in one showcase that could cover more than 200K sqft area.

The capture app from Matterport support the cloud restore of a job file already.
I suggest the next feature should be merge a cloud job to an exist job. It will make the team work for capturing a big area at the same time possible.
Post 7 IP   flag post
It is a little more complicated than just joining two spaces, but I would be happy to talk with you about it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod Thanks! I am currently waiting to be contacted by Matterport Sales. Hopefully we can get some resolution soon... I have learned so much about the Matterport process... it's great, until it's not. I appreciate your help!
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uscampbells
@DanSmigrod Thanks! I am currently waiting to be contacted by Matterport Sales. Hopefully we can get some resolution soon... I have learned so much about the Matterport process... it's great, until it's not. I appreciate your help!

Please keep us posted!

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuMP
As I know, Matterport only support merge two showcases into one. If the original qty is more than two, they won't support it.

When Dee was doing it she had no problems stitching 3-5 models into one. She actually did two big tours for me from many small ones. The one below represents 5 models stitched together

Post 11 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman Dee once stitched 35 models for me into one tour for the biggest school in my country as Matterport kept on crashing. Took her 24 hours to get it done for me. Tour had just over 1800 scan points, done with a Por1 🤪, in the days of the wild wild scanning west.

It's really sad that Ëvilcorp"let her go.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@Wingman @Gerhard In theory if you can merge two showcases into one, you can merge any qty into one, just do it one by one.
There must be a internal merge tool in Matterport.
Following a procedure you can merge them.

But it must be a time-consuming work, because lots of data set should be merged.

Who can provide the price information of the merge process that Matterport provided?
We would like to know it and maybe we can make a 3rd party tool for the merge work to the public.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@JuMP They did it for free for me. Was when nMatterport still cared about their MSP who was building their business and not about getting some shekels for it, but let's run this company like an E-Bay and see how long it will last...

There is a charge for it now, not sure how much they are charging now, is just funny how it was always free, the same as the OBJ files.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@Wingman Is DEE someone who worked for Matterport? Hopefully I will hear from them soon.
Thank you for this information! This forum has been a GIANT help!
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Wingman @JuMP @Gerhard This is all fantastic information. I didn't realize how much could be done on my own. I will be watching a lot of YouTube videos over the holiday! Thank you all so very much. I'll keep you posted.
The basics of the project is building a tour of a large facility. multiple floors, lots of ground to cover on each floor. Additionally, there are living spaces. They don't want to see EACH living space, just want for the dollhouse.
Super fun and a lot of work.
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuMP
@Wingman @Gerhard In theory if you can merge two showcases into one, you can merge any qty into one, just do it one by one.
There must be a internal merge tool in Matterport.
Following a procedure you can merge them.

I do not know how she did that. Theoretically even I with my beginner skills in Blender can merge two Matterpacks together but it will be just one big obj file after export but still no other information or 360 images from both models. And I am sure they have an internal tool that at least merge all images into one tour.
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uscampbells
@Wingman Is DEE someone who worked for Matterport? Hopefully I will hear from them soon.
Thank you for this information! This forum has been a GIANT help!

Yes, she worked for Matterport and then left the company. We usually wrote to her on MOUG asking to stich models and she helped many MSPs with this.

I believe she may be still a member on WGAN. But I doubt she can actually help now since she does not have access to Matterport internal tools.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@Wingman So, I am wondering about MERGING. I have not seen anything on YouTube about Matterport Merge. I see DEEP LINKS, but not seeing anything about merging.

ALSO,

I found a Blender editor (oddly enough, he works for our parent company). Anyway...

How do I export a .obj file. The "normal" export from Matterport is .swl. which is a type of flash file.

I SO wish I knew what I was doing.

Any SERIOUS help can definitely [Private Message me].
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Sorry @Uscampbells I cannot help with it.

Like I have said you can merge 2 and more Matterport meshes using Blender or something else like free CloudCompare tool but it all be just one obj file with all models merged. There will be no 360s supplied with Matterpacks, no data on their positions, no way to emulate a Matterport tour and no way to push merged meshes back to Matterport.

I have found a tool today called Verge3D and it allows to build web based 3d tours, interfaces and even games from Blender models. However we are talking about something built in Blender in 3D for it with some photorealism or at least with well defined shapes. Unfortunately Matterport mesh cannot be called realistic and objects captured even by Pro3 are not well defined so it won't do anything good.
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@Uscampbells Just send email to you. Please check it.
Post 21 IP   flag post
101629 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?