Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MatterportOutdoorsPro3Scanning

Matterport pro3, how far in between scans!17981

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
ScanYourSpace private msg quote post Address this user
How far can you space scans with the pro3? watch this and find out.

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the video. It actually a great demonstration how good this camera is. At about 42 minutes the loop is about to be closed and look that even with this big distances the last scan matches with a start of the loop.
I have had exactly the same experience going around my house. Even though in my test I was only making 7-8 big steps between scans. However in some spot where it could technically work 10 steps distance between two scans did not align at all.
It is impressive it works with 42 normal steps.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California

Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Text Me 5 Minutes Before WGAN-TV is Live | WGAN-TV | 10 Pro Tips for Scanning with the Matterport Pro3 Camera | Guest: Scan Your Space (a Division of Sparks Media Group) Founder and CEO Tom Sparks | Episode: 171 | Thursday, 22 December 2022 | www.ScanYourSpace.com | www.SparksMediaGroup.com | @ScanYourSpace

@ScanYourSpace

Thank you for testing the Matterport Pro3 Camera distance between scans (and showing the PoV while scanning and the iPad insert in the video).

It is AMAZING how far the Matterport Pro3 Camera can be "spaced" between scans!

When you don't have a need for the "walking around steps" between these scans, this is a huge time-saver for scanning a project. For example, when scanning a home with three bedrooms (doors) on the floor of a house, you could scan in front of each door with line of sight where it would not be necessary to walk the hallway space between doors. Outdoor, as you demonstration, can be more dramatic where you may only need a view PoV Matterport scans to help people to view land.

Can you share the Matterport Pro3-created tour here?

I will ask you more about Matterport Pro3 Camera scanning tips when you are my guest on WGAN-TV Live at 5 show this Thursday, 22 December 2022:

WGAN-TV | 10 Pro Tips for Scanning with the Matterport Pro3 Camera

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScanYourSpace
How far can you space scans with the pro3? watch this and find out.

Here's the non scientific laser measured results of how many feet my steps equal.
5 steps 14'
10 steps 26'
15 steps 40'
20 steps 53'6"
25 steps 65'10"
30 steps 80'9"
35 steps 95'9"
40 steps 109'4"
41 steps 112'
42 steps 115'6"
Post 5 IP   flag post
180360 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys, here is a very non technical example of how far apart for each Pro3 scan. It was my first ever scan with the Pro3 (super cold out). The scans started out fine but as you can see further into the scans, most buildings are not in sight, I had to reduce the distance between scans to a matter of 2ft at some points, multiple re-scans as the camera got completely lost near the start position. Honestly though I think this is probably the harshest of testing conditions but I managed to join the scan at the end.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=5bUWUu9D7Um
Post 6 IP   flag post
101641 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?