Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Question of the DayQuestionsVirtual RealityViveflowVR

Options for Tour Deployment in VR i.e devices & offline17965

DEGMedia private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan and Team

Firstly, thanks for such a great community, I get so much from following the content on the forum. I do try to self help but I have a couple of questions relating to VR.

I have a client that has invested in a new optical lab that they want promote at an exhibition. They are thinking of deploying this in VR for immersion. I know that we have the option of Oculus Quest 2 but this has some weakness on headsets being consumer grade and only available with a decent Wi-Fi signal.

My questions are:

1. Has anyone found a tour solution that can be downloaded to headsets and not require Wi-Fi access? Either 180 or 360.

2. If not are there any options that can be accessed via the Viveflow?

Thanks
Mark
Post 1 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
@DEGMedia,the solution is to produce your tour as a standalone version. This would involve you producing the tour independent of MP giving you complete access to the pano's then you can do whatever you wish to include loading then directly to a VR headset.

You might check with MP to see if they make their Showcase app available for your VR headset. If that was the case then you could load the Showcase to the headset along with your VT.

Good luck and let up know how you get on.
Post 2 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
@DEGMedia

Check out 3DVista

They have an app for Quest2 and Pico VR. Both should work offline. And the 3DVista tour builder offers great options to setup 3DVR tours with controller navigation and great features like touchpoints, immersive audio, videoscreens and more.

Here are the links to the Pico Blogpost and to the Quest Blogpost.

Post 3 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
@DEGMedia & @MeshImage

This is my go to application for producing VT's which I have been using for the past 8 years. There is none better for producing VT's from the most basic to mind blowing VT's, There is none better.
Post 4 IP   flag post
DEGMedia private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks guys. 3D Vista looks good as I have several PICO’s which are far better ergonomically. Would you export the panos from the MP app to build the tour in 3D vista or publish it to google and pull it down as a tour from there?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
I'd agree that 3DVista seems to be the best tool for offline + VR at this time.
Post 6 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEGMedia
Thanks guys. 3D Vista looks good as I have several PICO’s which are far better ergonomically. Would you export the panos from the MP app to build the tour in 3D vista or publish it to google and pull it down as a tour from there?

The Google workflow gives you 8K, but I would probably go for the Theta Z1 and edit this quality (and upscale it if necessary).
Post 7 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
@degmedia aside from the VR headset, another potential option for your client is to use a large touch display at the tradeshow. They could run the virtual tour embedded in an interactive marketing presentation. We use a software called Intuiface to create touch experiences. You can mix videos, images and embed third party content. Here is an experiment I did a few years back. And on this Youtube channel you can find more mash-ups of immersive technologies.
Post 8 IP   flag post
fdd private msg quote post Address this user
It's just an idea, I dont tested it, but I think the most natural interface for a VR virtual tour experience should be a empty room, VR glasses and a indoor position system, something like this:

i.e: no touch controls. Just the glasses and a system to change zoom or the pano smoothly if the user is moving around the room.

By the other side you can download freely the panos of any matterport house with open source software: https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/17967/matterport-dl-in-github-an-open-source-matterport-downloader/
(tested successfully in Linux Ubuntu, but maybe it doesnt work in Windows).
Post 9 IP   flag post
Marek Kozlak
Founder/CEO
San Francisco
SIMLAB private msg quote post Address this user
Hi..
SIMLAB still has the old version of STAGES - which was offline and was using Materpack for true VR effect and 3D glasses...

Check it out, if someone is interested - we can help:
https://youtu.be/egUas4vW51g

and build similar experiences.

Please notice that there is a significant difference between viewing flat 360 panoramas and 3D geometry when you use a VR glasses.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101749 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?