Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AccuracyAECConstructionPro3Theodolide

Accuracy of Matterport pro3 Scan for Construction17913

EMILIANO private msg quote post Address this user
Good evening everyone,

I would like to discuss with you to find out if anyone has carried out any accuracy checks in the measurements of the MATTERPORT PRO3. I carried out a test on my work that I had verified the measurements with a theodolide. If you have your own experiences let's compare.

E.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Aeronautica3D private msg quote post Address this user
Also, how would you go about scanning to maximize the accuracy of the scans through a medium to large project - in PRO3. ?
Post 2 IP   flag post
EMILIANO private msg quote post Address this user
Hey @Aeronautica3D,
to minimize measurement errors, based on my experiences with the MATTERPORT PRO2 (although I recommend always taking random verification measurements), to carry out the measurements from point A to point B (to simplify… if I have to scan an entire building effects the scans like a photocopier, in one direction only) while I do not recommend the "circular" scan with measurements from point A always returning to point A, the measurement errors increase.
Post 3 IP   flag post
So for a 100 ft corridor, 10 ft wide, would i get better results if I take scans every 10 ft? Than say every 20 ft?
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
The more frequently you are scanning the more accuracy you should get but corridors are tricky. If they are empty and look similar over their whole length Matterport can put one scan in a wrong part of it and that can make huge errors.
Post 5 IP   flag post
ah okay....
in general, the more scans and more detailed environment, I should get better accuracy?
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
in both theory and practise yes. Just imagine you did a next scan at a corner with a hall turning 90 degrees and Matterport due to the lack of data on both sides(before the corner and after it) did not identify correctly a corner angle. If you leave it like this you got totally wrong angle for the corner turn. However if you keep scanning near the corner next scans will be correcting the corner angle with every next scan around it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101646 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?