Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
Any advice about how to scan a home with and 2nd story that has two sides that aren't connected except by separate staircases to the 1st floor?

My plan is to scan one half of the level as "Floor 2" and the other half as "Floor 3" and hope it all gets figured out after i upload. I know the software doesn't care much about the floor labeling.

Any thoughts?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
I guess it doesn't matter what you do. The processing will do it how it wants.
Would be nice if we could have a custom stitching of selected locations and place them on the floors we want
Post 2 IP   flag post
josephthomp private msg quote post Address this user
I did a scan like this that had a mother in law suite above a garage that was only connected by a long hallway. Turned out fine, when looking at the 2nd floor in the model it just shows two different areas not connected. I can share the model later if you want to see it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Here is a model that I did last week with 2 completely separate structures. In fact, the smaller structure was an add on to the original that was scanned 2 days after I uploaded the main house. https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=joKbkkv4vTC&brand=0
Post 4 IP   flag post
DigitalImageries private msg quote post Address this user
This house is built on a hill and I thought i would have several floors to deal with. Turned out that the program put everything on two floors

clickable text
Post 5 IP   flag post
danmorell private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @josephthomp,

Sounds like you did a great job, could you provide the model when you have a moment?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, all! I did the halves of the second floor as "Floor 2" and "Floor 3" in the Capture App, and they ended up correctly as the second floor in the Dollhouse.

Though it would be nice to be able to "turn off" the pieces of the 2nd floor independently in the doll house, just to help make it clear which rooms belong in which half. I'm not sure how Matterport would implement that, but it would be cool.

Craig
Post 7 IP   flag post
josephthomp private msg quote post Address this user
Here is the model I did recently where the first and third floor aren't actually connected. I was worried about this but scanned as normal and Matterport figured it out.

I also ordered floor plans for this one and they turned out okay. There is space to scale between the different areas of the disconnected floors.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=CcrzJotnyWK
Post 8 IP   flag post
101429 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?