Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Business DevelopmentMarketingPro3Questions

Pitching Matterport Pro3 Camera scans to smaller local builders?17764

Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
I'd like to go out and pitch using Matterport to smaller, local builders.

What should I be offering? I'm thinking that if they could offer buyers the ability to track construction progress it would be a massive assist in closing more deals.

Please- anyone with thoughts, experience, ideas... educate me.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
With having a a couple Residential builder contracts the smaller guy's typically rely on the Real Estate agent for the marketing and the medium to larger builders typically bring this in house. On occasion I have gotten called in to shoot a Matterport tour of a home under construction but, these have typically been custom homes with out of state buyers that the builder needed a way to do a walk remotely to move on to the next stage of construction.

My primary builder contract I have had a working relationship with for 20+ years

Builders that are familiar with Matterport are typically looking to document completed homes to be able to sell off paper before breaking ground on the next home or to be able to show potential clients finishes in a previous home that has been built
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV | Matterport MatterPak and E57 File: Pro3 versus Both Pro2 and BLK360 | Guest: Robotic Imaging Co-Founder and CEO Mike Chawaga | www.RoboticImaging.com | Thursday, 3 November 2022 | Episode: 166 | WGAN Forum Member Name: @MikeChawaga

@Expertise

I asked Philadelphia-based Robotic Imaging Co-Founder and CEO Mike Chawaga your question on today's (Thursday, 3 November 2022) WGAN-TV Live at 5 show (above).

@lilnitsch

Thank you for sharing your residential builder experience (above).

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
We have been contracted by several builders to document custom homes under construction at the phase just prior to wallboard. Their interest has been to capture the open wall view when studs and all plumbing and electrical are in place, but still visible. They use this as an “X-ray” view of the walls so when changes need to be made inside walls, they can “see inside” to identify the precise location of internal infrastructure.

On one project they brought us back four times, first the ground floor, then basement, then upper floor and last a guest house. Each had reached the pre-wallboard phase at a different time. Oh, I might add the main house was 27,000 sq ft.

The builder said that these “x-ray” views had saved them time and money on a number of occasions.
Post 4 IP   flag post
SuperViz
Marketing
Director
San Diego, California
AineSuperViz private msg quote post Address this user
Hi! Our situation's a little different because we are the meeting layer for Matterport, not the photographers, but one way we've had success with builders using Mp is any time they're doing multiples and need to validate early on to find issues and save on re-work down the line.

Matterport scans are such a great way for them to bring people together earlier (remotely) in the space than they normally might, which can save meeting and travel time now, and money later.

Best of luck with your reach-outs!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV | Meet, Present and Collaborate Inside Your Matterport Tours powered by SuperViz | Guests: SuperViz Co-Founder and CEO Russ Rive and SuperViz Head of Sales, marketing and Customer Success Marcelo Franco | Episode: 151 | Thursday, 30 June 2022 | SuperViz website

Video: SuperViz Recording During WGAN-TV Live at 5 show (above). Video courtesy of SuperViz

@Expertise

To add to @AineSuperViz comment above, when you do Matterport + SuperViz = Live Guided Tour, you have a communications solution to help the builder communicate with the various trades/client/property management company. I included the videos above, if you want to dive deeper into Matterport + SuperViz.

best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
101646 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?