Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CaseGearMattterportMyCaseBuilderPro3

Has anyone created a custom Matterport Pro3 hard case/foam like this one?17633

BuffaloPA private msg quote post Address this user
I'm looking to see if anyone has designed their own custom case yet for the Matterport Pro3 Camera.

I have a Pro2 and have a version of the WGAN case on MyCaseBuilder.com

Ideally I'd want to have one similar to the "Maestro Case" seen here.

More importantly I think the case should also include a cut out for:

1. one (1) Quick Release Clamp, and
2. two (2) batteries (as you are not supposed to store the battery in the camera.
3. one (1) battery charger
4. cables

Curious to everyone's thoughts!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
The case that comes with the package deal has all of those things, and more (cut outs for many more batteries, cut outs for door stoppers, etc).

Cheers,

Keith
Post 2 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think the small size of the Pro 3 really warrants a hard case, at least for us. I'm currently thinking about backpacks.

I'd put the Pro3 in its little case and then put that, a couple batteries and other stuff in the backpack.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chemistrydoc
The case that comes with the package deal has all of those things, and more (cut outs for many more batteries, cut outs for door stoppers, etc).

Yes. But ... the Matterport hard case description shows pick 'n pluck foam (rather than the MyCaseBuilder customize-sized foam).

From Amazon Description of the Matterport brand case:

PROTECTIVE FOAM: Our unique foam provides an easy customization to meet your specific needs especially to protect your Matterport Pro3 camera. The lid is lined with convoluted foam, 0.5" base pad and 4 layers of 1.25" pluckable foam.

@Chemistrydoc

Can you confirm that with Matterport brand case, it's pick 'n pluck foam?

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Like so..

Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expertise
Like so..

That case shown that a Pro3 comes with is all I need. I will probably get just a smaller backpack for it and nothing more.
I have got that big rolling pelican case with my pro2 and I have never liked it. It is too big(probably can fit 5 pro2 in it if foam is removed). It rubs and destroys its sides a lot on any concrete path but simply put its size has been always a no for me.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

I dont' think it's Pick and Pluck - it appears to be one solid piece of foam, as best as I can tell.

Keith
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistrydoc
@DanSmigrod

I dont' think it's Pick and Pluck - it appears to be one solid piece of foam, as best as I can tell.

Keith

Wow! That's super-interesting.

The inside of the Matterport Pro3 Camera Acceleration Kit case you received is not the case pictured in the Amazon Store:

Matterport Small Hard Camera Case for Pro3 3D Lidar Digital Camera Case

Amazon Store: Matterport Small Hard Camera Case for Pro3 3D Lidar Digital Camera Case

My guess:

1. If you order the Matterport Small Hard Camera Case for Pro3 via Amazon, you get the case that you received.
2. Matterport provided old art to Amazon (before they did the die-cuts in the foam

Thanks again for sharing a photo of the case that came with your Matterport Pro3 Camera Acceleration Kit.

Enjoy your weekend,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
101425 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?