Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBusiness DevelopmentBusiness PlanExamplesHeavy IndustryMatterport ExamplesProduction plantsStrategyTraining

Use Case for Heavy Industry and Production plants?17533

hayyu360 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

I wonder if anybody has use cases for Heavy Industry and Production plants. I tried the internet and all I found was construction and related case studies. One use case that I could work was remote training but it has very limited scope considering the operations of the said industry.

Regards,

Kazmi
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Good idea, but in Germany many corporate clients are not allowed to use Matterport because the data is transferred outside of the EU.

Many here use Navvis (German) or selfhosted solutions like 3DVista for this.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Meidansha private msg quote post Address this user

I scanned this with a pro 2 and a Leica as part of a bigger project on behalf of another virtual tour artist.

It is a power plant for a factory that makes nuclear reactors among other things and runs off the grid.

The other artist scanned the more important facilities as he got the sale.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Meidansha

Thanks for sharing the example.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeshImages
Good idea, but in Germany many corporate clients are not allowed to use Matterport because the data is transferred outside of the EU.

Many here use Navvis (German) or selfhosted solutions like 3DVista for this.

Data protection is good as it also encourages local solutions and what could be the use cases that Industry is using in Germany? Any pointer?
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Meidansha Wonderful work. Seems like some asian country? Scan look wonderful, I wonder what could be the pitch to bring more industry on board?
Post 6 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Use cases are all Digital Twin functions, like

- monitoring
- management
- training
- planning
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Meidansha private msg quote post Address this user
@hayyu360 most of the time it is a case of finding a key-man to make things happen.

For instance I am told in this job I previewed that I was commissioned to help the MSP who got the sale, that a former employee of the large industrial conglomerate was selling his services as a system engineer to his former employer. That led to creating an exposee of what it is like to work on the company premises and he created a custom interface from the Matterport SDK.

That is where my contractor (a fellow MSP who he and I call each other in when a job is too big for one of us alone) came in.

If you want to do business with big companies a certain amount of alliance with other system and webpage people helps I think as we can do things they can't and they can do things we can't or just don't have time to learn.

Daniel
Post 8 IP   flag post
101436 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?