Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Advice

18,ooo sq ft retail space1746

kaybaum private msg quote post Address this user
I have the opportunity to scan an 18,000 sq ft retail space & would love some input from those who have done large properties. Is it possible to do in one scan? I was thinking about possibly dividing it into 2 or 3 models - the space lends itself to that. Also, I've only scanned homes before. Can anyone give direction on pricing for something like this?
Post 1 IP   flag post
LookingGlass private msg quote post Address this user
I just did a 34k 3 story historic train station. It took 230 scans and everything turned out great. The tech can go there don't be scared but if you think 3 scans make sense for the client then that is fine too. Remember in open areas sometimes less is more. As for the pricing, that is up to you. For spaces that large we usually charge $0.035 to $0.04 a square foot. By the way the train scan only took me a little less then 4 hours to do.

Good luck. John
Post 2 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
I have a 10,000sq.ft. that I will be scanning next week. The client wants a VR tour of it (but the VR team told me anything above 4000sq.ft. might be problematic). Not quite sure I will handle this. Maybe also cut this in 2 models.

I will follow this thread with a lot of interest!

Matt
Post 3 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
@LookingGlass Hi John, would you mind sharing the train station model? I'm very curious how far apart you made the scans. 230, that's very low. Did you just stay on 1 straight path?

thanks
Matt
Post 4 IP   flag post
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=S6J44G38TFt

As you will see from the render I go a little bit of everywhere. Like in the lower level I was able to scan 10 to 12 feet apart but once I got to the second floor I had to go back to every 6 to 8 feet.
Post 5 IP   flag post
ny360east private msg quote post Address this user
such a cool scan! out of curiosity, what was the application for the virtual tour? documenting the space before demo or remodel?
Post 6 IP   flag post
We have been hired to to 110 historical properties in our county. The train station is at the before of a 3-year $18 million dollar restoration. We will scan this again when it is finished.

John
Post 7 IP   flag post
ny360east private msg quote post Address this user
@lookingglass, awesome. would love to see the restoration! keep us posted.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101631 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?