Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
LeasingPro3

Matterport Pro3 Camera leasing programme in Australia17433

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I requested a paperwork for leasing a Pro3 yesterday and on reading its T&C and asking questions from a leasing company I figured out the following:

It is not "lease & own", it is a "lease and return equipment". Sorry I may not be so experienced with leasing a business equipment but my lease on my car was "lease & own" type where at the end I paid defined by me payment(balloon payment) and the car became mine.
However T&Cs on a Pro3 clearly state I must return an acceleration pack at the end of a lease term. I am up to reading all pages with T&C though, as PDF is not searchable. However the leasing company answered some of my question about exiting the lease

"At any point during the lease term, you wish to exit the lease, you can do so by paying a total of the remaining instalments (monthly instalment x remaining term in months) and the residual amount ($602.50 excl GST)."

It does not look like "lease & own", it looks like penalties where you still have to pay every payment till the end of you term and on top of that you have to pay extra 2 months of payments.. It kind of does not make any sense at all to pay extra two months. You have to make all payments till the end of the term and on top you are penalised for what? For paying your contact in full just ahead of a schedule? Weird to say at least.

So reality of this programme: if you lease an acceleration kit for 4 years your total payments(about AU$330/monthly) for it will be about AU$15800(about $10720 USD) and after 48 months you've spent almost $11 000 and you are left with nothing because you have to return the kit.

I do not know who it has been designed for that way but I am pass on it. I'd rather wait for a cheaper bundle to come to Australia and see if I still interested in a Pro3 then.

And there is something in its specs that I noticed yesterday that was unclear. I will post it in a relevant thread.
Post 1 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman and the one thing I have not seen is the technical aspect of the equipment maintenance. Our Faro scanner requires calibration each year which is not cheap. If you are just doing routine property scans no big deal if it’s calibrated but if your doing AEC work it is little more important. I cannot find specs or requirements for calibration and or cost.

So does the lease cover this?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
To be honest I do not know. When I bought my BLK360 from a reseller they told me it'd need to be sent for calibration to Leica at some point. I believe Leica charges around US$1500 for it but I do not have this kind of money to do it now. And I have been using it for a year without it. Not sure what benefits it brings but it seems my Blk360 works the same.

I do not think it covers anything. And their T&Cs say I must also buy insurance for it. Anyway I can just get a business loan which seems to be the same or even less in monthly payments but I own the camera if the loan is fully paid.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@Wingman I honestly believe that deal does not look all that good. I would believe the term of the lease should be only a portion of the overall cost. Business financing maybe better option in this case. Just my opinion good luck
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
It seems I have stirred things a bit as I have not received an additional letter that goes with the lease agreement. The letter is supposed to state that I can buy the equipment at the end of the term for 5% The lease agreement is not tied in its T&Cs to the letter anywhere and simply states you must return the leased equipment. However the letter is tied to it stating my lease application reference # and offers another option to buy it off for 5% at the end of the lease.

I have asked them why they do not specify it in the lease agreement and it turns out these type of agreements cannot have it legally. It stops being a lease when it states about buying a leased equipment off.

@DanSmigrod , is it possible to leave it all here with an extra bit added to my original post to read this post with details?

It was simply a misunderstanding or better said a missing peace of information that made me to create this topic.
Apparently my post generated some calls to Scann3D/Phoria with people saying they do not want to buy it under this programme if they are not going to own it. So it needs to be explained to them that they can own it and they need to receive letter stating it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron0987
@Wingman I honestly believe that deal does not look all that good. I would believe the term of the lease should be only a portion of the overall cost. Business financing maybe better option in this case. Just my opinion good luck

I have added an important bit above. It is actually lease but you can buy it off for 5%($660 AUD). You just cannot get it from an agreement T&Cs and need to have an extra letter from a lender where it is offered as an option.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @Wingman,

I’m glad you got the final payment and ownership issue sorted.

The leasing was I assume being provided through a Matterport VAR or reseller?

@Ron0987 on the calibration issue, we were told specifically in answer to a question posed during the pre launch briefing that the Pro 3 does not need calibration, unlike many other LiDAR scanners.

Oliver
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Gladsmuir I find that hard to believe, so all other companies are requiring calibration and Matterport does not!!!!
Faro, Riegl Leica and all others require it and MP does not. To me that is suspicious since I have seen the calibration certificate for our Faro to indicate adjustments have been needed to keep it within factory specs and keep it capturing accuracy as good as the specs indicate.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I am going ahead with the lease.

Not sure I will get the camera ahead of customers in USA. However as soon as I get it and try it I will provide more details about the Pro3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladsmuir
The leasing was I assume being provided through a Matterport VAR or reseller?

It has been organised by a reseller but a leasing company is a 3rd party located in Australia.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101435 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?