Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BatteriesPro3

What's the battery life of the Matterport Pro3 Camera?17408

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I get 8 to 9 hours on my Pro 2 3D which is phenomenal for the work it does... How does the Pro 3 compare?? I haven't been able to find any details.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Lisbon, Portugal and London
Pedrotex69 private msg quote post Address this user
From what has been said, it is about 3 Houts, and it takes about 3.5 Hours to recharge,so in my opinion ideally you should have 3 batteries that way you always have 1 fully charged, one charging and ussing the third one.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @GETMYVR,
I am a long-standing MSP.

The battery life that @Pedrotex69 quotes is not too far off the figures that Matterport gave us in the Matterport #Pro3 pre-launch briefing.

Matterport found that they got about four hours and 250 to 300 scans per battery, capturing a stadium in two days with a total of 500 scans. This large number of scans posed no issues for the new hosting infrastructure.
Most Pro 3 users will be able to happily scan all day long assuming they have access to an electricity supply. By charging the batteries once they reach 50% with just two batteries the operator will run out of energy before the Pro 3!
A trick we have learned on large captures is to attach a powerbank to the iPad at the very beginning of the day. This keeps the iPad at 100% as the power bank runs down. We have multiple powerbanks and put them on charge at the 50% capacity mark.
We favour the newer, more compact High-Speed 10000mAh Powerbanks that have a digital readout of the remaining capacity.
Dan may be able to provide a link to purchase these items.
Regards from one very excited Matterporter!!!
Oliver

Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Hi All,

Here are the Amazon links to buy the Matterport Pro3 LiDAR Camera:

1. Matterport Pro3 LiDAR Camera ($5,955)
2. Matterport Pro3 LiDAR Camera | Acceleration Kit ($7,995)
3. Matterport Replacement Camera Battery for Matterport Pro3 LiDAR Camera ($154.99)
4. Matterport Camera Battery Charging Kit Bundle for Pro3 3D Lidar Digital Camera ($129.99)
5. Matterport 4-Section Tripod ($149.99)
6. Matterport Tripod Wheeled Dolly ($145.98)
7. Matterport Hard Case for Pro3 ($199.99)
8. Matterport Quick Release Camp Tripod Mount and Clutch for Matterport Pro3 LiDAR Camera ($129.99)
9. USB C Car Charger, Anker 49.5 W (recommended by Matterport | Needs to be 20V or greater) ($39.99)
10. MagicFiber Microfiber Cleaning Cloth (6 Pack) ($.99) (Matterport recommends Microfiber for lens/laser)

Yikes! Don't lose your lens cap. You can not (currently) buy a replacement lens cap! (1 September 2022)

---

Plus, some additional WGAN Forum resources that may be helpful for Matterport Pro3 Camera questions:

All WGAN Forum discussions about the Matterport Pro3 LiDAR Camera/Scanner are tagged: Pro3

WGAN Forum Related Discussions

1. Pro3
2. Pro3Leak
3. LiDAR
4. Matterport Pro3 LiDAR Camera/Scanner (Officially) Announced (Media Release)

Best,

Dan

P.S. These are WGAN Affiliate Links
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
@Gladsmuir I have the newest iPad Pro and battery life is great. However, I do have a 20,000 MAH battery. I stick in my pocket and I can connect to the iPad.

It looks like you definitely need extra batteries with the Pro 3. And for scanning jobs that are being used to create point clouds, I'm not sure if the 6 to 7 ft rule with the Pro 2 3D applies to the Pro 3 as well - perhaps a different question or thread altogether but I'm curious.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
35 feet comfortably is the short answer
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladsmuir
35 feet comfortably is the short answer
???

Impressive
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab: Matterport Pro3 Batteries ($154.99) ordered today (20 December 2023) are scheduled to arrive 5-9 January 2023 via Amazon

Matterport Pro3 Batteries Ordered Today (20 December 2022) Scheduled to Arrive 5-9 Jan. 2023 via Amazon

Hi All,

I (just) noticed that Matterport Pro3 Batteries ($154.99) ordered today (20 December 2023) are scheduled to arrive 5-9 January 2023 via Amazon.

Select "See All Buying Options" in the top right.

Buy an extra Pro3 battery charger ($129.99) for your home (and keep one with your Matterport Pro3 Camera)?

Happy holidays,

Dan
3:50 pm ET Tuesday, 20 December 2022
Post 8 IP   flag post
Sdoughtie private msg quote post Address this user
If I’m moving it’s 4 sweeps per 1%. Leaving the battery in over night drains it a little also.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101749 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?