Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Scan Count

Maximum number of scans for Pro3 vs others?17400

aerialpixels private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All

Noticed in the FAQ for Pro 3
https://support.matterport.com/s/article/FAQ-Pro3-Camera?language=en_US

it seems to hint that u can scan as much points as your mobile device memory allows.

Is this only for Pro 3?

It seems a departure from the historical '200 limit' stated before
I do know some of us have gone way higher than 200 scans.
But does it now mean even older cameras have limit only defined by mobile device memory?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@aerialpixels please refer below post, 767 points in this pro3 demo.
https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/17369/showcase-report-of-matterport-pro3-official-demo-132804-sqft--767-points/
One of my friend reach to more than 1000 points (on Pro2) with ipad pro with 8GB memory. So if you have a 16GB ipad pro may be the point number can be >2000.
Post 2 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport New Cloud will let you create spaces of unlimited size - with Pro3 but probably also with Pro2 and BLK.

From the media release: „Where interactive mesh previously had a 50k polygon limit, it is now unlimited and the mesh for large spaces can easily exceed one million polygons. New digital twins are now streamed on demand as the user moves through a space, available on mobile and web platforms for all users for faster load times, quicker frame rates, and much more detail….“
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic Member
Boston
Noddy private msg quote post Address this user
@aerialpixels, I can confirm that 1000 spins in one model can be processed, I have done it many times. I did have trouble when it went over 1000 however, not too sure exactly why but under 1000 should be fine if you have plenty of memory and a high spec ipad
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
we need to remember that Pro3s come with specs of 100m for 3D data. Even if we take a quarter of it just for any situation in big open space one scan should cover about 1950 sqm(π*r[square]) which is an area size of a circle with 25m diameter. So 200 scans even if it is the limit can cover about 390000 sqm. It is kind of gigantic already to be worried.

For a pro2 I have a few close to 1000 scans and one almost 1200. A few under 1000 have a mix of a Pro2 and a BLK360)
Post 5 IP   flag post
aerialpixels private msg quote post Address this user
25m or 100m range per scan possibly works for large , open, featureless spaces.

once we need to scan spaces that typically dont have good line of sight or enough 'matchpoints' from one scan to another, i do forsee that we will still be scanning in typical 5m to below 10m point to point.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101735 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?