Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport Classic PricingPro3QuestionsVersus

Can you transfer Pro3 scans to other MSPs with Classic accounts?17365

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I get that the Pro3 scans are not compatible with classic plans... but what about transferring the scans to other MSPs?

I have had opportunity to sub-contract dozens of scans to other MSPs over the past few years and I worry about whether or not I'll have to refuse camera operators with Pro3 scans if they won't be able to transfer a Pro3 scan to my Classic hosting account.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
Right now "to be determined"

I also have a message in to see if the new camera might be able to be used with the classic accounts even if at a higher per model price similar to the BLK360
Post 2 IP   flag post
CTownMedia private msg quote post Address this user
Following
Post 3 IP   flag post
Morristown, New Jersey
foxwrth13 private msg quote post Address this user
Following
Post 4 IP   flag post
GamelLarry private msg quote post Address this user
I was in a chat with a Matterport rep about if it would bill as it did with the Leica and they said I'd have to upgrade from the classic plan and he offered to do so. I refused because I know it can't be reinstated. I'll wait and see.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakoure
Early MP adopters still getting the short end of the stick...

Matterport Support Page

@Queen_City_3D

See above from @Shakoure in this WGAN Forum discussion:

Matterport Pro3 Camera is Nice... Unless you Have a MP Classic Cloud Plan

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

That is going to be a logistical nightmare.

It'll be fun conversations to tell people, I'm sorry, I can't send you business because you have a Pro3 camera and it can't be transferred to my classic account.

Total B.S.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Queen_City_3D

Do you think there is any technical reason why the Matterport Pro3 Camera will not work with the Matterport Classic accounts, or is this completely a Matterport marketing decision about (trying) to get you (and others) to switch away from the Matterport Classic Pricing Plan?

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
GamelLarry private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
@Queen_City_3D

Do you think there is any technical reason why the Matterport Pro3 Camera will not work with the Matterport Classic accounts, or is this completely a Matterport marketing decision about (trying) to get you (and others) to switch away from the Matterport Classic Pricing Plan?

Dan

I am wondering the same thing. I've had three reps reach out trying to upgrade me. I'm going to wait and see
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@GamelLarry @Queen_City_3D

Matterport says in the media release that it upgraded its cloud.

So, I wonder if there is a legacy cloud and a new Matterport cloud.

If so, Matterport should say there is a technical reason why. If not, then Matterport is offending its long-time Matterport Classic Pricing customers.

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
If Matterport is smart they will remove a limitation of using Pro3 scans on classic accounts.

Just remember they told us they would ban transfer from new to classic but did not do it at the end.

There cannot be any technical reason why pro3 scans won't work on classic account. At least I do not see any.
Post 11 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
They need a classic vault for the new contracts. One contract for all.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @GETMYVR
Yeah, a little disappointing Classic plans like mine, do not qualify for the MP3. A bummer. This camera is great for including the entire outdoors to the model.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Wingman
Quote:
Originally Posted by @GlennTremain
a little off topic but how would you market it? who to? new markets you would go after? are you going to sell hosting more or get agents to get their own hosting?

If you are asking me I use a BLk360 for matterport on every 2nd/3rd job. So if it is replaced with a Pro3 it is pretty much fits in already.

If an Australian distributor is really happy to rent it for $253/month($230+10% sales tax) I will rent it first to see what I am getting compared to using a BLk360 instead. If it is similar but much faster I will be looking to swap. I hope by that time Materport may decide changing their decision and lets at least transferring it to classic. If not I am not sure I will swap at all.

Most of the time I use my BLK360 where a lot of outdoor scanning involved. It can be my own clients from business/realestate or from a couple of contracts I have for venue places.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Queen_City_3D
@lilnitsch
@CTownMedia
@GamelLarry
@MeshImages
@Wingman
@foxwrth13

A related WGAN Forum discussion about Pro3 not working with Matterport Classic Pricing:

=> Matterport Pro3 Camera is Nice... Unless you Have a MP Classic Cloud Plan

Dan
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
I use both a Pro 2 and BLK360 and these models can be hosted on either new or legacy accounts, as I have both.

So my question from the beginning has also been - Is just the processing of Pro 3 models restricted to newer accounts (makes sense, no problem) or has MP decided to prohibit the transfer of models including Pro 3 scans to legacy accounts? (no reason, because you can do this with models that include BLK360 lidar scans).

If anyone has a Pro 3 camera, and also has both legacy and newer accounts, do a quick test scan, process it on your newer account and when the model is ready, try to transfer it to your legacy acct.

Technically, it's lidar scans just like the BLK360. So if Pro 3 models can't be moved to legacy accounts, Matterport has simply made the choice to not let us do so. Certainly they should be able to as it's same kind of data as from BLK360.

Someone try it and let us know what you learn.
Post 16 IP   flag post
101740 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?