See how to promote real estate with Matterport Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | June 28, 2022

Transcript

Amir Frank: What's up agents and brokers. My name is Amir. I'm with Matterport and I wanted to take the next few minutes and talk to you about Matterport, what a virtual tour is and how it can help you win more listings.

Before we get started, I just wanted to point out that everything that I'll talk about, including the stats and the sources for those dances all in the description below. Make sure you check that out. Let me just go ahead and start by saying a little bit more about Matterport and what it is.

Matterport is not just a virtual walk-through company. Matterport is the company that creates Digital Twins. There's a very distinct and important difference between a digital twin and a virtual tour or virtual walk through. I'll get to that in a little bit.

But I think it is important to make that distinction between the two digital twin and virtual walk-through. With that said, I wanted to talk a little bit about virtual tours or virtual walk-throughs. Now I'm sure this is something that you've already heard about, talked about in the industry if you haven't used when you're solving their listing, I definitely highly encourage it.

But basically a virtual walk-through or a virtual tour is a term that is starting to be a little bit more loosely used in the industry. Sometimes it could mean just ThreeSixty panoramas and being able to navigate from one to the next in a more smart way.

This is certainly an advantage over things like videos where you are stuck to a timeline and you can just go back and forth on that timeline, but you can't really navigate yourself. It is definitely a step in the right direction.

With Matterport, however, your virtual walk-through is not just the ability to navigate from one ThreeSixty panel to another.

You're actually getting a 3D model of the home. This has many different advantages. For one, the navigation experience is considerably more intuitive. Let me go ahead and show you an example. Here we've got this home that I went ahead and scanned a little while ago.

You can see the little circles on the ground. This is every position that I placed the camera in order to scan this property. I can go from one position to the next, navigating through.

I'm just using the mouse right now, but I can certainly use the keyboard if I like. I can just either click on the circle itself or anywhere in the direction where I'd like to navigate.

I'll just click up here and it'll go to the next circle if I want to skip and not stop at this one and just jumped all the way over to this one, I can just click on the circle itself. I can go into these rooms. You can see once I'm inside of a room and I look towards this wall, I don't see any of the little circles that are on the other side of this wall.

That's a really important distinction part of what makes this a more intuitive experience. Because I can't see them, I know that I can't go through that. The reason why I can't go through this is because the system recognizes this as a wall. I have to go through the doorways.

I can't just disorient myself by navigating through a wall into another room and suddenly not really fully understanding where I'm at. Before I get into more features of your Matterport virtual tour, I just wanted to go over some stats.

According to the statistics, 74 percent of agents using Matterport are winning more listings, 95 percent of buyers are more likely to call about properties that have a virtual tour. Ninety percent of buyers are actually much more compelled by a listing that has a virtual tour.

Of course, the most important stat to winning that listing is that 99 percent of sellers agreed that having a virtual tour in their listing would give them a competitive edge. Now let's talk a little bit about features.

Not only do you get a virtual tour from your digital twin, but from that virtual tour, you can extract high-resolution 4K to the images. You can also get ThreeSixty panorama images that are really great as a teaser in something like Facebook.

Within your virtual tour, you can place things like matter tags and those are going to greatly increase the amount of information you can relate to buyers about the listing.

A great example of this would be to use matter tags to point out those often overlooked features in the house, such as salt closing drawers, USB ports in the electrical outlets, or high efficiency LED lighting. Of course, you can also order schematic floor plans of your digital twin, regardless of what camera was used to capture it.

This brings up another really good point. There are many different cameras, including several ThreeSixty cameras, the Matterport Pro2 camera, and your phone that you can use in order to capture your digital twin. You can do that yourself, or you can very simply order a digital twin using our capture services.

Another very important point to bring up with your seller is that Matterport freely and easily distribute your digital twin or your virtual tour with major portals. Of course, you'll be able to very easily embed your virtual tour into your landing page.

This is where the SDK partners are such a big deal. What really differentiates Matterport from anybody else. With the SDK partners, you can embed a solution that allows you to virtually meet clients and buyers inside the property itself, walk them through, give them full control over navigation, and basically just be there to answer any questions you might have, just as you would if you were at the property itself. SDK partners also allow you to very easily virtually stage the model.

You can either self-serve and do a DIY style virtual staging, or you can go with an SDK partner. They'll just take over and do that for you, giving you the option of just picking the look that you want and they'll take care of everything.

I hope that clarifies the importance of the virtual tour and the difference between a magic word virtual tour or digital twin to other ThreeSixty style virtual tours. The next thing you can do to get more information is go to Matterport.com/ 3D-camera-app. Most likely, the phone in your pocket right now can be used as a capture device.