Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360Capture AppHow toReality Capture Expert

BLK360 Leica Scanning and Dual use of Files?17325

SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
Good Afternoon - I”m a user of the BLK360 Leica and I've heard this might be true, if someone can enlighten me I’d appreciated it.

Using BLK360 predominantly with Matterport and ingesting the images into the iPad via the Matterport app, but do they remain resident in the Lecia and if so and you have the Recap software can you also use the scans in recap? Getting a dual use out of the spins? And then in recap producing a more robust point-cloud ?

Thank you
Spencer @
Lasky Films
Post 1 IP   flag post
GamelLarry private msg quote post Address this user
Yess, they store on the Leica as well, even when using with the Capture app
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV | How Architects Leverage Matterport Tours Shot with a Leica BLK360 | Guest: Immersaf Media Principal Matt Crowder @MattSCrowder | Thursday, 3 February 2022 | Episode Number: 133

Matterport Digital Twin shot with a Leica BLK360 by Immersaf Media (and Matt S. Photography) Principal Matt Crowder.

@SpencerLasky

If you search this WGAN-TV transcript for RECAP and REGISTER 360, you may find some helpful info from Indianapolis, IN-based Immersaf Media Principal Matt Crowder @MattSCrowder

Transcript | How Architects Leverage Matterport Shot with a Leica BLK360

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
WGAN-TV | Matterport + Leica BLK360: 20 Questions (and Answers) | Guest: Robotic Imaging Co-Founder Mike Chawaga | Aired: Thursday, 4 November 2021 | Episode 124 | Website: www.RoboticImaging.io

Leica BLK360 Camera/Scanner (pairs with Matterport Capture App)

@SpencerLasky

If you search this WGAN-TV transcript for RECAP and REGISTER 360, you may find some helpful info from Philadelphia-based Robotic Imaging Co-Founder Mike Chawaga (@MikeChawaga) including:

[00:13:09]
Mike Chawaga: Then you always have that raw data on the scan that you can pull off and put in the Leica Cyclone Register 360 software and put that raw data together, after the fact, if you don't like how it's looking in Matterport.

Transcript: WGAN-TV | Matterport + Leica BLK360: 20 Questions (and Answers)

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Episode 110-WGAN-TV How RKO Photography Grew to 7 Matterport Cameras + 1 Leica BLK360 with greater Birmingham, Alabama-based RKO Photography President Roger Owens (@rko1) and Vice President Kay Owens. | Thursday, 8 July 2021

Birmingha, Alabama-based RKO Photography President Roger Owens with a Leica BLK360 (left) and Matterport Pro2 3D Camera.

@SpencerLasky

I recall that Birmingham, Alabama-based RKO Photography President Roger Owens (@rko1) - and Vice President Kay Owens use BLK360 with either RECAP or REGISTER 360. I believe they also use Matterport + BLK360.

You may find some helpful discussion in this transcript of WGAN-TV show.

Transcript: WGAN-TV Live at 5: Matterport Customer Journey: How RKO Photography Grew to 7 Matterport Cameras and 1 Leica BLK360 (Spoiler Alert: Commercial Spaces)

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
thank you all this good stuff - I'll lean heavy on the Lecia then but will still shoot it with both camera's - when I get back I'll look into getting Recap and see what we can pull - I assume it must purge the oldest files so it might have other jobs in there as well?
Post 6 IP   flag post
101636 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?