Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
LidarPro3Pro3LeakRumors

Matterport Pro3 Release Date First Announced on WGAN-TV on 11 July 201917273

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: WGAN-TV Matterport CMO Chris Bell on How Matterport will Scale Exponentially (Thursday, 11 July 2019)

Matterport Pro3 Release Date First Announced on WGAN-TV on 11 July 2019

Then Matterport Chief Marketing Officer Chris Bell had this to say about the Matterport Pro3 on WGAN-TV Live at 5 on 11 July 2019:

--

Chris Bell: 00:09:21 It used to be the case that you'd see Leica, the BLK360 and the Pro2 co-mingled but now we're seeing 360 cameras being used to supplement or in some cases touch up an original model that was shot with the Pro2, so feeling like the breadth of the product line is a good thing for the business overall.

Dan Smigrod: 00:09:46 On that breadth of product line, I thought I heard you almost say Pro3. Is there an announcement you're making today?

Chris Bell: 00:09:54 There's no announcement. What I want to say though very clearly is that we are working on the next camera and I can confidently say that Matterport is committed to a next generation camera. It's in development now, there's a prototype. It's probably no secret to your audience that there have been some focus groups done. We believe as long as there's a strong product/market fit and that our camera and our price point can be differentiated and unique in the marketplace, we absolutely want to innovate and develop the next greatest Pro camera that we possibly can.

Dan Smigrod: 00:10:39 Can you speak to the feature set for that camera?

Chris Bell: 00:10:42 Not at this time, not yet. We're still working away in the lab and figuring out exactly the form factor, the ID and even some of the architectural hardware specifications. So really, it's pretty early days.

Dan Smigrod: 00:10:58 If I'm thinking about buying a Matterport camera and I'm looking at the Pro2, should I be waiting for the Pro3?

Chris Bell: 00:11:07 Absolutely not. If there was something on the horizon, I'd share it with you but we're talking about next year at the earliest and possibly even end of next year, so nothing to announce.

---

So "possibly even end of next year" would have meant end of 2020.

Your thoughts?

Dan

PS. Entire WGAN-TV Live at 5 Transcript:

Transcript: WGAN-TV Chris Bell on How Matterport will Scale Exponentially
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
SCENE3D Blog (12 April 2022) Matterport Pro3 Camera – Will It Be Worth the Wait?

One of the first rumoured release dates for the matterport pro3 camera goes back to the fourth quarter of 2020. As we all know, 2020 was a year with many not-so-great events, so it’s completely understandable why CMO at Matterport Chris Bell was hesitant to say the exact date, even though he confirmed the Pro3 is in development.

Source: SCENE3D Blog
Post 2 IP   flag post
101751 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?