Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Motion SicknessProblemsQuestions

Issues with Matterport motion sickness?17224

northernWIld private msg quote post Address this user
Some of the realtor in my area have mentioned to me that several people who have viewed their Matterport tours became motion sick - this would have been several years ago.

I don't personally experience this when viewing virtual tours but my wife does. How big of a deal / common of an issue do people find this.

Do you get regular feedback that your tours are causing viewers to feel motion sick? Are there things that can be done to mitigate motion sickness (denser scanning, different angles or heights??).

Curious what other people are hearing/experiencing on this front.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Narvan891 private msg quote post Address this user
Though a lot of the issues a number of years ago seemed to be due to legacy graphics cards and low ram - causing odd spinning phenomena and the like - that has pretty much stopped with newer computers and graphics systems and the much larger amounts of ram most people have on their devices nowadays.

The biggest reason now for this "I don't like 'em - it makes me dizzy" remark we'll hear at times is, we think, the number of scan positions a tour has. We try not to be stingy with the scan points, as getting see-sawed around rooms left and right when trying to go forward, but being yanked this way and that to one of only 3 or 4 scans in a room can definitely contribute to this feeling of disorientation and motion sickness/dizziness.

In our determination, the more scan points you give the user, allows them to traverse the home in more of a leasurely and direct path in the direction they want to go which is where their internal hand/eye/brain coordination is telling them they should be going.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
There's certainly a learning curve to properly navigate through the Matterport tours and I'll admit to having had some dizzy spells myself early on.

I think the best fix for that is to make sure you have a highlight reel and encourage your viewers to use that.

I almost always have a walkthrough tour and I use the &kb=0 parameter to turn off the auto pan between highlight scan locations. Unless you are really precise with where the scan starts and what direction it pans I find it really distracting and that might add to dizzy sensations. Personally I think the default should be to have no pan.
Post 3 IP   flag post
101749 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?