Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 406 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,418 Page Views | 18,255 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
PinterestQuestions

Matterport posted my model to their Pinterest Account without permission?!17060

WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Meidansha private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

I noticed one of my spaces posted on the Matterport Pinterest account.

I'm flattered but I was not consulted first about this.

I have no issue with Matterport using my work for "the business" as it is stated in the cloud subscription agreement. I wanted to be consulted and recognised for my work.

This space in particular was a 20 year old case study home and if I was consulted I would have offered the flagship case study house by the same builder which has featured in national TV advertisements here in Japan (not the scan but the house itself).

The house that was used had a leak in the roof and subsequent stains on the carpet so I don't think my client would have chosen this home.

Has anyone else had there work posted without consultation?

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Meidansha

Do you have the share link set to public on your Matterport space?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
I do @DanSmigrod

https://www.pinterest.jp/pin/741897738625281999/
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Oh sorry I see your point now.

No I don't. It's not publicly searchable.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Meidansha Quote:
Originally Posted by Meidansha
Oh sorry I see your point now.

No I don't. It's not publicly searchable.

@Meidansha

I am asking something different.

On your Matterport tour, do you include the "share link" so that others can share it?

Screen Grab showing Share Link

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
I noticed this month that this space had an unusual spike in views so I searched to check it out.

As I said the home is old so its website is not used much in paid searches so it is unusual to have more than 30 views a month. It went over 100 so I started looking.

I report these figures to my client and they verify it against there site figures and the number of people booking to do a real walkthrough of the home.

I'm pleased to say we have been able to verify that people who view the scan are more likely to book a real walkithrough than those who just look at the website.

However things like this ruin the figures..
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
This one has the share icon @DanSmigrod.

But it hasn't been made "public" just shareable.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan

Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab from Matterport Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Meidansha
This one has the share icon @DanSmigrod.

But it hasn't been made "public" just shareable.

Can you confirm that in Matterport Workshop, the setting is "Unlisted"?

Hmmmmmmmm........

Can you let us know what Matterport Support says about how they found an "Unlisted" Matterport tour? (If the tour is set to "private" it will not add the share link.

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Yes it was and is unlisted (recently matterport workshop turned Japanese here without the option to diplay in English).

I will contact The man who rums the Japanese office tomorrow. After that Support.

Please take a look through the Pinterest page and let me know if anyone else has the same issue.

https://www.pinterest.jp/matterport/_created/
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Yes it was and is unlisted (recently matterport workshop turned Japanese here without the option to diplay in English).

I will contact The man who rums the Japanese office tomorrow. After that Support.

Please take a look through the Pinterest page and let me know if anyone else has the same issue.

https://www.pinterest.jp/matterport/_created/

@Meidansha

If a Matterport tour is set to Unlisted - with the shareable link public - I wonder how anyone (or Matterport in particular) can discover a model and then share it.

Please do let us know when you hear back from the Matterport Japan office.

(I can appreciate how this messes up the statistics for your client.)

Best,

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
I think that they can look into our accounts.

I have been quizzed about clients in the past as I believe that they have seen the names on the folders I have in my account.

Out of the blue when I was asking about something completely different I was suddenly told that I can't hold spaces for clients when there was no external evidence to substanciate the claim (I was asking why I couldn't access the old MSP network, and I made no mention of holding spaces. I was then grilled for holding spaces on behalf of clients and was instructed to make sure that they make accounts).
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
I was then grilled for holding spaces on behalf of clients and was instructed to make sure that they make accounts).

@Meidansha

That's weird. Probably someone new that did not understand that 3rd parties often shoot and manage Matterport tours for clients.

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Yes It was someone at the Japan office and I had never seen the name before. Until then there was only one person at the Japan office by a different name and I have regularly confered with him.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@Meidansha

Its a joke. Just remember they own your content. You can hold spaces for clients, are they idiots? That's their business model, they need to sell hosting. You work for Matterport, you have to realize that, not the other way around.

But Matterport is making so much business right now, and it's such an easy sell with my new virtual tour tech. I just tell customers your data is owned by Matterport, delete does not mean delete, they still keep your scans. So going up against MSP's selling any size tours for $99.00 is like shooting dead babies in a bucket, easy. As clients don't trust Mattreport anymore, it's making selling a new tech so much easier. Matterport's days are numbered, greed is what will be their downfall, they are not a tech company, have not innovated anything now in how many years, they are turning into Krpano, and their competitors are on their heels a Pro3 won't save them. Writing is on the wall guys, start looking at another tech solution, interesting stuff coming from China and Russia, maybe a new GEOCV you never know.

I will share soon some news and outputs on the "pro3", which got shared by a Matterport employee at their head office with me.... will be a WGAN exclusive. Hope they are going to make their investors proud.
Post 15 IP   flag post
101704 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?