Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
IoTMatterport PartnersSIMLABSimlab SimonTranscript

WGAN-TV Transcript>SIMLAB SIM-ON+Matterport: IoT via KNX/SmartThings/Fibaro17028

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN 3rd Party Service Provider | Matterport Partner
---

www.SIMLABinc.com | www.SIM-ON.com

WGAN-TV | Introduction to SIMLAB SIM-ON + Matterport for IoT Integrations with KNX, SmartThings and FIBARO | Guest: SIMLAB Founder and CEO Marek Kozlak | Episode: 150 | Thursday, 23 June 2022 | www.SIMLABinc.com | www.SIM-ON.com

www.SIMLABinc.com | www.SIM-ON.com

Source: SIMLAB SIM-ON

Video: SIM-ON - Product overview | Video courtesy of SIMLAB YouTube Channel | 9 March 2022

Video: SIM-ON Home Operating System | Video courtesy of SIMLAB YouTube Channel | 30 March 2022

WGAN-TV Live at 5 | Introduction to SIMLAB SIM-ON + Matterport: IoT via KNX, SmartThings and Fibaro

Hi All,

[Transcript below ...]

Do you have ...

1. multi-family homebuilder clients offering smart home automation via KNX, Samsung
SmartThings
and Fibaro?
2. Commercial Office Facilities Management client that need MEP documentation including maintenance schedules and manuals?
3. clients that could benefit from Matterport + IoT integration smart sensors with no coding?
4. clients that wants one app to manage all IoT smart home automation systems (such as music and lights?)

On WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, 23 June 2022, my guest will be SIMLAB Founder and CEO Marek Kozlak (@SIMLAB).

Marek will demo and discuss:

WGAN-TV Introduction to SIMLAB SIM-ON + Matterport: IoT via KNX, Samsung SmartThings and Fibaro Smart Sensors

Discussion Topics

1. One App = Complete Property Management

--IoT and smart device control
--Complete asset management
--Maintenance schedule notifications

2. Reasonable Cost

-- Free light version
-- Full license (starting at $10 USD per month

3. Integrations

-- KNX
-- Samsung SmartThings
-- FIBARO

4. Matterport 3D Digital Twin Used as the “All Data” Container

-- Online 3D model visualization becomes the information container for all data related to any physical space
-- IoT Devices Control

===> Many vendors synchronized in one place
===> Intuitive and user-friendly 3D interface
===> Secure and easy access to device data
===> Customization of displayed information
===> Visual presentation of device activity and settings

-- Asset Management (All Data in One Place)

===> Real mapping of devices in space
===> Collect all data about devices, equipment, finishing material, gadgets in one place
===> Add photos, video and documents for any asset
===> Select category filters for ease of use

-- Why SIM-ON is so SPECIAL?

===> No tools needed
===> Best interface
===> Integrations
===> Low cost

Plus, you can take SIMLAB SIM-ON for a free spin, if you already have a Matterport digital twin.

Questions I should ask Marek?

Best,

Dan

SIMLAB Links

SIMLAB website
SIMLAB SIM-ON micro-site
SIMLAB SIM-ON Free Trial (Private Use Only / 1 Property / up to 4 Users)
SIMLAB YouTube Channel
SIMLAB Founder and CEO Marek Kozlak

ABOUT SIMLAB (Info provided by SIMLAB)

SIMLAB is a technology company focused on facility digitalization. We develop software apps for home and building owners, to be used by operators and occupants of houses, offices, factories, hospitals, hotels, and multi-family residential buildings.

SIMLAB apps turn personal living spaces and working environments into multimedia digital command centers, accessible by computer, tablet, and smartphone.

We empower users with interactive and intelligent digital twins of their structures, leveraging a combination of 3D models of the property, real-time data from sensors, and user-defined asset information.

SIMLAB apps allow a way to track changes in a structure. Supervise any project, maintenance, and renovation progress as well as monitor facility aging.

We provide easy and intuitive digital solutions for the full life cycle of the building.

Source: SIMLAB YouTube Channel

---

SIM-ON - Quick start | Video courtesy of SIMLAB YouTube Channel | 9 March 2022

Video: SIM-ON - Assets in 3D space | Video courtesy of SIMLAB YouTube Channel | 9 March 2022

SIM-ON - IoT and smart sensors placed in 3D | Video courtesy of SIMLAB YouTube Channel | 9 March 2022

SIM-ON - Facility management system | Video courtesy of SIMLAB YouTube Channel | 9 March 2022

SIM-ON: Maintenance schedule and timeline | Video courtesy of SIMLAB YouTube Channel | 9 March 2022

---

Video: SIMLAB webinar series - World meets SIM-ON | Video courtesy of SIMLAB YouTube Channel | 15 May 2022

---

This is a "must watch" show (above) if you are a Matterport Service Provider that shoots (or wants to shoot) either:

1. New Multi-Family Communities of homes and apartments
2. commercial office space: particularly MEP (Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing) spaces for Facility Managers

You will find out how to:

1. Get more scanning business from existing clients
2. Offer Add On services
3. Get more new clients

Follow-up questions for the SIMLAB SIM-ON team (@SIMLAB)?

WGAN-TV | Introduction to SIMLAB SIM-ON + Matterport for IoT Integrations with KNX, SmartThings and FIBARO | Guest: SIMLAB Founder and CEO Marek Kozlak | Episode: 150 | Thursday, 23 June 2022 | www.SIMLABinc.com | www.SIM-ON.com

Transcript (video above)

[00:00:02]
Dan Smigrod: Today's show is for Matterport Service Providers that are shooting either:

1) new multi-family communities of homes and apartments, or
2) commercial spaces, particularly the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing spaces, MEP spaces of commercial spaces.

Stay tuned to find out more.

Hi all, I'm Dan Smigrod, Founder of the We Get Around Network Forum. Today is Thursday, June 23rd, 2022, and you're watching WGAN-TV Live at 5. We have an awesome show for you today, intro to SIMLAB SIM-ON plus Matterport for Internet of Things integration with KNX, SmartThings and FIBARO.

That's a lot to say. We're going to unpack that during today's show. And what better person to tell us about SIMLAB SIM-ON is the SIM-ON Product Owner Michał Szopa. Hey, Michał, good to see you.

[00:01:10]
Michał Szopa: Hello, Dan. Thank you very much for the introduction and invitation for this show and I really appreciated that I can participate and show you and your audience the information and our product, which is SIM-ON.

It is the new digital twin property experience for everybody, especially for the homeowners, for facility managers, and for offices; property managers that can use our solution for everyday work in their properties.

[00:01:46]
Dan Smigrod: Awesome. Which is why I wanted you to be my guest on today's show because the SIMLAB SIM-ON adds so much value to a Matterport digital twin....

By the end of the show I would like Matterport Service Providers to be able to understand how they can help their existing clients, get new clients and even add additional services to their offering. In terms of multi-family communities – might be homes, might be apartments for rent – what problem does SIM-ON by SIMLAB solve for multi-family communities; either the owner or the property managers?

[00:02:39]
Michał Szopa: First of all, the information and transmitting to the clients, the customers, and the guests. According to my work, many times I'm traveling and going somewhere else and I have many problems with the smart installations in these homes, in these rental spaces.

First of all, is the interface, the interface in every system is the same, is the flood of icons and some Polish, English, Ukrainian, and some other languages. But our goal was creating something universal. The Matterport scan – the visual – is the universal language for everybody.

Everybody can use it in one look, you'll know where you are and what you can turn off, turn on, what is the state of the IoT controllers and also the information about the assets. Because this one is also very important that I want to have some information about very simple things, For example, the WiFi password, yes. I can go inside the SIM-ON solution and see what is the password, what is the manual for the TV, the program list, and so on.

[00:04:03]
Dan Smigrod: So this example might be a property management company for Airbnb or VRBOs or luxury homes. And so when you rent that property, you're having challenges, what's the WiFi password? How does the TV work?

What's the manual for how to use the devices in the kitchen? Help me understand a little bit more about what problem does SIM-ON solve to have a digital property management – visual representation – within a Matterport tour versus maybe a stack of manuals or some things taped to the refrigerator?

[00:04:52]
Michał Szopa: Yeah, it's very complicated because there are many problems. First of all is the marketing during the selling of the property because also our solution provides a house builder, the big house builder – We have a big property builder in Poland.

It's called Echo Investment. Echo is building something like 20,000 to 25,000 units per year. For them, it's a great tool for marketing because they can show their property before they sell it to the client digitally. Clients didn't want to come and see it. Instead, get a virtual tour with every information about the furniture and the materials used for the building.

Also after the selling, it's not necessary to give the client the very big bulks of the paperwork with some manuals; everything can be stored digitally in the Matterport scan in our layer using the SIM-ON solution as well.

[00:06:06]
Dan Smigrod: It might be for this property builder of 25,000+ units – So in their case first, they recognize that Matterport digital twins are a great tool for selling the properties. Then, a need to handover to the property buyer...

Help me out here, so I probably have all the warranties on all the appliances, I have all the manuals, all the appliances, I have the quick instructions for how to run something. I imagine today we're also talking about smart sensors.

Do you want to talk a little bit about – I don't even know what KNX, SmartThings and FIBARO are and yet SIMLAB SIM-ON provides that solution. Help me understand those terms and why that matters?

[00:07:07]
Michał Szopa: First of all, I am using the same example. There are investments in the standard equipment in the new property and some FIBARO devices. It's IoT devices that can be mounted into that socket on the wall, for example, for the light switch and it can be "steering" remotely using your smartphone. Yes.

But in many properties you have one application, for example, FIBARO. Second one for the SmartThings is true for the Roomba vacuum cleaner. I think we're going to store it into one application, and steering all the home.

Using your cell phone, using your browser and using the Matterport scan. FIBARO and SmartThings are the mechanics: they are the IoT and home automation providers. They are producing the devices in different technologies because SmartThings and FIBARO are using the WiFi technology and the KNX. It's the global standard for more than 500 manufacturers.

They are producing very professional wired controllers and devices to steer your home. For example, the lights, the blinds, the everything that you have in the home connected to the electricity. You can steer ... We are putting the layer of visualization that is first in the world using the Matterport scan of the real property.

[00:08:46]
Dan Smigrod: Let me see if I can unpack that. There was a lot there. Let's say, this builder is selling homes where there's lots of automation. You press a button and the curtains go up and down. You press another button and the temperature goes up or down, you press another button in the TV set goes on or off, you press another button ...

Enter some buttons and the front door opens or closes, or the garage door opens or closes or that you can remotely start your dishwasher or your clothes washer.

All these devices are Internet of Things – smart devices – and there are many different standards that these manufacturers are using. It's like, "oh gosh, I need one app to run my curtains and one app to run the temperature and one app to open the front door." I think I'm hearing something different about how SIMLAB SIM-ON solves that disparity of different technology standards.

[00:10:02]
Michał Szopa: This is our goal, to get one app to rule them all, and have the new experience also for the visualization because this is also very important for that.

[00:10:16]
Dan Smigrod: Well, if there's one dashboard that aggregates all the different various technologies so that you don't have to have a different app to run the different devices in the house, why is it important that it be within a Matterport digital twin: within this container?

[00:10:36]
Michał Szopa: Because we can also store a lot of information about the house. This is one thing; using the assets.

We also have the log for the maintenance and for facility management. Right now, this is a very small part, but we can manage some terms of the periodic maintenance and so on. Next thing, a very important one is that we can connect different providers with different standards into automatization scenes.

SIM-ON is also the first one in the world that can connect, for example, the KNX standard with the SmartThings and the FIBARO and so on, other providers using the same one, automatic scene.

Right now, it's impossible because if you have some, for example, the lights connected to the KNX and motion sensors are connected to the FIBARO, you can connect it using SIM-ON. For example, you are moving and the sensor "sees" you moving and turning on the lights using the KNX: it's not possible right now. We are changing it.

[00:11:54]
Dan Smigrod: Let me ask in terms of categories. If I go to: www.SIMLABinc.com www.SIMLABinc.com – then select under the Product Menu: SIM-ON Or, if I go directly to the SIM-ON website: www.SIM-ON.com ... the information is presented by categories. I'm going to ask you a category and let's see if I can understand the category as it applies to SIMLAB SIM-ON: maybe what the feature is and also what the problem that SIM-ON solves.

In this case, we'll stay with the example of [Echo Investment] that is building 25,000 homes and has this handover. Asset Management. What does that mean? What is that feature and what problems does that solve?

[00:12:50]
Michał Szopa: SIM-ON creates a data container for all information about the equipment you have in your property. Of course, the Matterport has MatterTags: which is awesome.

But our tagging of assets is like Matterport MatterTags on steroids because we can put in the asset information:

1) text that describes the asset, Also, we can put some
2) photographs,
3) PDF files,
4) movies and
5) maintenance layer as well as the
6) terms (timing), what you do or need to do in the future to get the asset correctly working. For example, the maintenance, replacing the toner of the printer, so on, so on, so on.

[00:13:37]
Dan Smigrod: But that actually seems like it begs a second category would be: Scheduling and Maintenance. If you have all these assets and maybe we take the heating and air conditioning unit, the HVAC unit. How does scheduling and maintenance work regarding the HVAC asset that's in the house?

[00:14:06]
Michał Szopa: You can plan ahead, for example: cleaning the air conditioning. You can put some terms (timing) and the system will remind you that it needs to be cleaned.

We are planning to automatically connect the asset and the maintenance to your service guy, and he automatically gets the information: "Hello, the air conditioning needs cleaning. Please add my property to your schedule and make some time to get it done."

[00:14:43]
Dan Smigrod: I think I experience a little bit of that now. My printer actually orders its own toner cartridges from Amazon. ;-)

[00:14:51]
Michał Szopa: That's also our goal to get in the future some e-commerce layer for those examples as well. Not all because our future plans are still a little bit wider. And maybe not now. It's not a good moment to talk about it.

[00:15:15]
Dan Smigrod: Well, e-commerce is coming soon, a feature of SIMLAB SIM-ON. Since you mentioned it or I mentioned it, can you tell us more about what's coming regarding SIMLAB SIM-ON meets e-commerce integration?

[00:15:29]
Michał Szopa: We want to integrate the Matterport scan and automatically recognize what equipment you have or the clients have in their houses and connect it to some shops like Amazon. And, some other big shopping providers and also furniture providers like IKEA maybe.

[00:15:56]
Dan Smigrod: It literally might be just like what I mentioned with my printer is that it's all managed within one container, the container being a Matterport digital twin, and that I can set up the schedule, whether the schedule is a service visit, to service my HVAC, or it's a purchase, something that's a consumable.

[00:16:17]
Michał Szopa: But it's not enough because we also want to get the customer some advice about buying new things in their home. When our analytics recognize which TV you have and that the TV is a little bit old or small, we can put info in the 3D model – into the Matterport scan – and give you the information, "hey, I have the new TV with a very great price. You can buy it from all those shops, for example."

[00:16:51]
Dan Smigrod: Okay, so e-commerce is coming. IoT Device Control. We've talked about some of those smart sensors in the house, whether it's the temperature, the curtains going up and down.

[00:17:11]
Dan Smigrod: How does that work? I imagine we're talking about maybe different than an asset in IoT device control might be a dynamic piece of data, something that changes: temperature, pressure, movement.

[00:17:32]
Michał Szopa: Changing and monitoring – because with SIM-ON, you can check what is your temperature in your room? What is the status of your blinds if you are home or not in home? If the garage door is closed (or not) and such things.

[00:17:53]
Michał Szopa: The most important thing also is the power consumption of the equipment you have because some of the IoT devices also have the power consumption meters inside and we can visualize how much money you are spending for some of the equipment you have in your house. Maybe. Not necessarily.

Our algorithms can also advise you of information about that "Hey, maybe you can turn it off: your TV that is on standby mode." Because that is taking your money day-by-day and minute-by-minute, hour-by-hour.

[00:18:33]
Dan Smigrod: The example is your property manager for many rentals that you can actually see, that guest moved out. We don't have somebody moving in for a week but we can see that they left the temperature on.

We can now remotely change the temperature back to X number of degrees rather than sending somebody physically to this space to actually touch the thermostat (physically) to make a change. You manage the space remotely.

[00:19:10]
Michał Szopa: Yeah. Or it does it automatically because it's an action in the SIM-ON Scene Manager and you can make changes: easily! If there is no movement in this scene for 6-12 hours, please change the temperature (winter) from 22 degrees Celsius to 15 degrees and the system will do it automatically.

[00:19:35]
Dan Smigrod: That may bring us to maybe another future, SIM-ON by SIMLAB feature: Real-Time Positioning Tracking. I could imagine that if you don't see any motion from people or pets, that may affect changing the temperature.

[00:19:59]
Michał Szopa: But this feature is a little bit different because in the future we want to monitor, where is an item (with a voice command) or where are people inside the building? A good example is in a hospital. You are looking for the wheelchair and nobody knows where the wheelchair is. You can go inside SIM-ON online to the Matterport Dollhouse.

You can see that the wheelchair is on the second floor in Room 125. It's also for some warehouses. For elderly monitoring – because we also want to monitor the position of people and pets and every item. We have some monitoring of the life parameters, some smart bed or something like that.

If you have older people inside the property, it can also monitor how it looks and making some alarms if something is wrong with the exact information where the person is in the building.

[00:21:22]
Dan Smigrod: Today, my wife says, "how did you sleep?" In the future, I'll be able to say, "well, let me check SIM-ON by SIMLAB to see how I slept." Because there will be a sensor for that. I may or may not give her permission to know how I slept: to be able to check that device. ;-)

Other future items: AR for the Ultimate Immersive Experience. What does that mean?

[00:21:53]
Michał Szopa: I will check –

[00:21:56]
Dan Smigrod: I guess I can imagine that if I came up to the remote control and I used my phone, I could see that remote control now gave me information on my phone about how to use that remote control.

[00:22:16]
Michał Szopa: Yeah.

[00:22:17]
Dan Smigrod: Is that what that is?

[00:22:18]
Michał Szopa: But also using the camera of your cell phone you get the augmented reality and get the information about what is in the sight of your camera. If there is this item you want to track, you can also track using the camera.

[00:22:44]
Dan Smigrod: On your smartphone.

[00:22:46]
Michał Szopa: On your smartphone.

[00:22:47]
Dan Smigrod: We've been talking about residential real estate homes, apartments, rentals, but if we're talking about a commercial office space we may very well be talking about wayfinding: how to find your way through the commercial space.

[00:23:09]
Michał Szopa: Yeah, some path for the customer, for the guests, and also for the employees.

[00:23:16]
Dan Smigrod: I imagine that in a mechanical-electrical-plumbing space, an MEP space, there may be a reason to show the local facility manager, this is the way you want to walk around the MEP equipment in order to look at different pieces of equipment to be making some decisions. "Go. Feel that hose. is it is it cold, is it hot? You may need to do something."

[00:23:45]
Michał Szopa: Also for the servicemen because we also had another example that we had spoken with the client that he tells us that they are servicing the air conditioning and they have such a problem that client is only putting the information, "air conditioning is not working."

Say in the building, there are100 air conditioning units. Which one is the problem? Using the Matterport – and SIM-ON – the client can put the information directly in the [Matterport] space of this air-conditioning unit. This one is not working and the service guy is getting the information, "where is the unit?" They need to fix it and well, choose the path to go there. [AR]

[00:24:39]
Dan Smigrod: Maybe for that tech also to be able to just take a picture with the phone to call up the manual for that particular device they're not familiar with.

[00:24:49]
Michał Szopa: Yeah.

[00:24:50]
Dan Smigrod: That would be AR meets Matterport via SIM-ON powered by SIMLAB. -Other coming soon future goals: Multiple IoT Device Standards. Did we touch on this already that we have?

[00:25:09]
Michał Szopa: Yeah, we touched on this already because right now it's many IoT standards of the devices on the market.

[00:25:18]
Dan Smigrod: -We've talked about KNX as a standard, 500 manufacturers using it, the Schneider Electric KNX standard.

You mentioned Samsung's SmartThings and FIBARO. Those are all things that are working today. Do you have other platforms? Other standards that will be implemented by SIMLAB? Are there future IoT device standards? Other than those three?

[00:25:54]
Michał Szopa: -Yeah. We are now focusing on the [CSA] Matter standards. Not yet ready, but it's our focus, as we'll be to adapt standards for wireless IoT devices. Also using Samsung SmartThings standard and the IKEA IoT smart solutions: Tuya – it's the Chinese manufacturer of many, many devices.

They will appear in the U.S. And Chinese markets and many others. That will be a very similar standard to KNX. But KNX is wired and a professional standard. The [CSA] Matter will be the wireless; a strictly IoT standard for many manufacturers.

[00:26:34]
Dan Smigrod: -Google Nest? I do remote management. My mom's a little bit older than I am ;-) and I manage her living room temperature through a Google NEST. Is that something that I would be able to do using Google Nest to be able to do within the SIM-ON platform?

[00:26:53]
Michał Szopa: -Yeah, because Google uses the Matter standards. (We also plan to support the CSA IoT Matter standard.0

[00:27:00]
Dan Smigrod: - If SIM-ON supports the Matters standard that automatically brings in Google NEST devices.

[00:27:06]
Michał Szopa: -They bring us many manufacturers. Every manufacturer will be in the Matter standout. Matter standard will also be in SIM-ON, as well.

[00:27:16]
Dan Smigrod: -Integration with Asset Database and Professional Facility Management Systems. What does that mean?

[00:27:24]
Michał Szopa: -We want to import the information and automatically create the tags, the assets for some equipment with the information about the maintenance and making all the visualization we have. Connecting to the [Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).]

Also, with this one that I mentioned about the automatically recognizing the equipment you have in your home with the tagging; using the artificial intelligence and algorithm we will implement.

[00:27:56]
Dan Smigrod: -If I could go back to the Facilities Manager (at the moment). I imagine there are Facility Manager Platforms (CMMS) for managing an MEP space. I think what I'm hearing is if I'm entering something into that CMMS about a device, it's automatically going to show up within my Matterport digital twin that I'm using SIMLAB SIM-ON.

[00:28:25]
Michał Szopa: -For example, the documentation that will be automatically important to our solution. The only thing you need to do is to tag it in the 3D space. That's all.

[00:28:34]
Dan Smigrod: - I think that leads to, if I'm the Facility Manager for a commercial office space, or maybe 100 properties in multiple states or multiple countries, I'm not asking for double entry by my team.

I'm not asking you to put it in the facilities content management system (CMMS) and to annotate separately in the Matterport space. You would only need to annotate once in the FM CMMS platform, but it would also automatically show up in the Matterport digital twin in the appropriate tag.

[00:29:17]
Michał Szopa: -The only thing you need to do is to place a tag in the Matterport digital twin. That's all. It's very simple and very fast: without any knowledge.

For every user it will also be very intuitive because they don't need to put it inside some very complicated professional system. They can use the visual experience of the digital space.

[00:29:41]
Dan Smigrod: -Or they can use the tool that they're already comfortable with – a facilities management platform (CMMS) – and have it automatically annotate in the correct space.

[00:29:50]
Michał Szopa: -Of course.

[00:29:52]
Dan Smigrod: -Secured Desktop Version.

[00:29:55]
Michał Szopa: - We are working with some desktop and also a mobile version of the standalone application because some of our clients want to have the offline version of our solution for some reasons that they want to put it into the world into the Internet.

It's going to have an intranet version. We are working to get some stand-alone applications.

[00:30:24]
Dan Smigrod: That seems like it would make sense. I'm a Facilities Manager. I just want my team to know about the MEP space. I don't necessarily want that to be a public Matterport digital twin, and I only want it to show up within my company's intranet. I think that's what we're talking about.

[00:30:45]
Michał Szopa: -A good example is some factories. The automotive factories have very strict security. They need data strictly secured and the information only shows up via their intranet. They don't want to put it on the Internet. There will be a SIM-ON intranet solution.

[00:31:05]
Dan Smigrod: - We've been talking a lot about multi-family communities of homes and apartments. We've also talked about rentals and we've touched on the MAP space for facility managers. Are there other problems that SIMLAB SIM-ON solves for facility managers?

[00:31:33]
Michał Szopa: -Mostly, the problem is the communication with the user of the space. Because right now we're also adding some chat functions.

Every user can connect to the administration – connect to the facility manager – if something is wrong, if they want to order something, if they want to change something, there will be a SIM-ON chat tool to send the visual information to the facility manager to the user and get the communication going between them.

Because right now there are many platforms for communication like Jira and some other stuff. But every time, it's not so intuitive. It requires a deep knowledge to understand how to work it. But right now we have a very nice interface and very nice tools for such communications.

[00:32:32]
Dan Smigrod: -Why don't we jump into a demo? Take a look at the SIMLAB SIM-ON. I think I've enabled you to share the screen if you want to jump in.

As you're showing us a front-end example, if you could talk to us about it: either I'm a property manager or I'm the owner of multi-family, or in fact, the Echo Investment builder: 25,000 homes or the MEP space, if you could that would be awesome. I can see your screen.

[00:33:10]
Michał Szopa: -Okay, great. This is our website for the SIM-ON solution. It's: www.SIM-ON.com

[00:33:18]
Dan Smigrod: It's a little bit small. If somebody's watching on their iPhone, let's just say it's: www.SIM-ON.com We've gone directly to the micro-site.

But if you want to go to the parent company site: SIMLAB – that would be: www.SIMLABinc.com Great. Thank you. Forgive me for interrupting.

[00:33:41]
Michał Szopa: -No problem. Our solution is 100% web and only what you need is the computer or the smartphone, with some browser. We are using mainly the Chrome browser and Safari for the iOS. Here we have the information about our solutions: some teasers with some short movies about the IoT assets and the maintenance functions.

Below we have the Capture Tutorial, Quick Start. Every information you need to make your own apartment, some examples. You can click it. Go inside and experience –

[00:34:27]
Dan Smigrod: - Let's jump into it. I want to see the finished "chocolate 2-layer cake". What's the final product? I don't even need to know how to make it yet. You've got to get me excited with a SIM-ON example.

[00:34:42]
Dan Smigrod: -Tell us what SIM-ON says. ;-) Show us an example.

[00:34:46]
Michał Szopa: -Okay. I'm right now logging to our solution. I have four properties because I can manage more than one property.

It can be 4, 10, or 100. I will choose one of those. I want to go to my house and see what's happening right now because I'm on the trip. I can go inside and we have the Matterport scan with, on the wall as you see, the layer of the IoT devices.

I can see that the temperature in my room is 26.6 degrees Celsius in this sensor and 25.3 degrees in this sensor on the corner. I can see that some lights are on, some lights are off. Every information I have is very intuitive and in a nice view.

[00:35:40]
Dan Smigrod: -Michał, let's say [Echo Investment] that is selling 25,000 houses annually. Do you think that [Echo] could get more money for the property because they're turning the property over digitally annotated, with a complete digital property management system?

[00:36:01]
Michał Szopa: -For sure because they told me that it's a value-add for those houses and this is something new and something that nobody has in the market right now.

To get the whole Matterport digital twin with the IoT sensors, with the asset information warranty cards in a digital way. Every time you have a big box of paperwork, as I said before. I have the same problem in my house because I bought the house from the house builder and I got a box with the papers.

[00:36:38]
Michał Szopa: For example, the last time I was looking for the instruction manual for my window because I want to make some changes and where it is because I have 10 different places where I can put it here because after the moving, I lost it somewhere.

[00:37:00]
Dan Smigrod: -There's a lot of stuff on the screen. I see all this stuff on the right. There's something in the bottom, middle, something in the top-left, top-right. Take us through what we're looking at whether you're in this living room or kitchen and what all those different things are telling us.

[00:37:19]
Michał Szopa: -What they'll see on the walls is the IoT device. It's put into the Matterport digital twin. As you see, this on the up, it's the motion sensor. If it's gray, it means that nobody is moving inside. Below we have a temperature sensor.

We also have some power sockets. It's on and off. Here you have some light, for example, with the power consumption right now. As you see this is some lead small lamps and it takes only 1.2 watts of power. From here, I can also manage and "steer" every device I have.

For example, I have this power socket. I can click it and turn it off and now this power socket is off. As you can see, it's great. I can steer and control my house using this Matterport digital twin.

[00:38:29]
Dan Smigrod: -Forgive me for interrupting. The Matterport digital twin looks a little herky-jerky, I apologize.

That's WGAN-TV Live at 5. I know if I was doing this on my computer, it would be silky-smooth. But because we're doing the show from Poland to Atlanta, from Zoom to everything else that we're doing, it's not moving silky-smooth.

But as any of us know that is working with Matterport, it is silky-smooth. It looks like you have symbols, icons that represent information on individual devices, or maybe an asset or an IoT device that looks like I have controls on the right side as well. It looks like there's two ways to access that particular item. I could click on that power outlet or I could look on the right side and scroll down to that item.

[00:39:26]
Michał Szopa: -There are three ways, to be honest.

[00:39:28]
Dan Smigrod: -Three ways, okay.

[00:39:28]
Michał Szopa: -Yeah, because one way is the icon on the fridge space. The second one is the sidebar on the right, you have here every device you have in this room.

Where we are currently are in the Matterport scan. But we also have the dashboard [on the left] and in the dashboard, you have all the devices you have in the room in some normal way. Here is the third way that you can manage and how you can get inside these devices.

[00:40:06]
Dan Smigrod: -Michał, let me pause you there on that screen, just for a moment. Because I want to say what we're looking at is an old-school way of looking at data. Meaning it's a little bit more than a spreadsheet.

It's annotated, but you really have the Matterport digital twin as a container to be able to visualize exactly where that device is.

That said, if you're intimate with your space, and this is an easier way of looking at a dashboard by space, then that's an option.

Which is how before there was SIMLAB SIM-ON, a way to maybe do some type of automation but now you have the next thing which is the Matterport digital twin as the container. Is that fair to say this is a little old school, but it's there?

[00:41:01]
Michał Szopa: -Yeah, this is old school, but is there because some clients have their own, missing the word in English, sorry.

[00:41:11]
Dan Smigrod: -They have their own workflow of how they like to view content.

[00:41:13]
Michał Szopa: -Yeah, exactly.

[00:41:18]
Dan Smigrod: -Looking at all the different spaces within the space, such as bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, living room, dining room, etc.

Then you can look at the space in that way and then look at all the different assets. I'm going to say that each of those rectangular boxes is an asset and then within that asset, I imagine is the annotation of that asset.

[00:41:47]
Michał Szopa: -Yeah, but as you can see here, I'm putting all the information in the one screen that's an old school look of the house smart systems. As you see, it's very complicated to manage. I don't know, where is the – for example, the iron outlet there?

Because there is an iron outlet but it is supposed to be connected to the iron. But I'm not sure because the name can be there, outlet in the bedroom. That shows what the problem is.

[00:42:23]
Dan Smigrod: -I do see an icon that looks like a location pin. Boom.

[00:42:27]
Michał Szopa: -Yeah, I clicked it.

[00:42:28]
Dan Smigrod: -And you go right there?

[00:42:30]
Michał Szopa: -Yeah, I'm right there and I now see where the iron outlet is. Exactly in the position and I can check if the iron is already on or off.

The outlet right now it's on, but I see the power consumption is 0 watts. I can be calm and easy when the Iron is off. To be 100 percent sure I can click it off because I'm going to work and I'm wondering if Iron is off or maybe that will be a problem if it will be staying on.
---
(Continued ...)
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
(Continued from above...)
---
[00:43:10]
Dan Smigrod: -Michał, I know that we're in some hallway. We're in a bathroom area coming up here. That's what I was looking for, is a way to jump to a particular space in the house. I think we're all familiar with the navigation for Matterport in the bottom-left, dollhouse, walk-through, floor plans, looks like-

[00:43:36]
Michał Szopa: -I have the same as well?

[00:43:38]
Dan Smigrod: -Yes, but in addition, that SIM-ON says jump to the living room you could do that.

[00:43:47]
Michał Szopa: -Yeah, I can do that. I can jump to, for example, the TV room. It's one click and I'm in the TV room as well. It's not needed to walk the whole path using the Matterport scan.

I can jump from room-to-room. Here I have more information about every devices I have in my TV room as well.

[00:44:08]
Dan Smigrod: -Before we look at a back-end demo of the SIMLAB SIM-ON content management system – of how all this gets done.

Maybe we could just look at a couple more sensors or assets on the right side and there's a lot of arrows and diagrams and on and off, could you take us through just a couple so that we can see how they, on the front end-work.

[00:44:36]
Michał Szopa: -Yeah, no problem. Here we have the icon that means that it's some alarms, some light, and has information about it's on or off in this view. Also, we have the power usage of current- This particular device. In the other one, we have the plug. It's very similar.

We also have the icon to get the location. When I'm clicking it, it's only putting the location and the angle of the camera to this one I am choosing, but we have the different devices connected. For example, here we have the motion sensor. The motion sensor gives us the information that right now it's no motion because the guy inside it's not moving.

[00:45:27]
Dan Smigrod: The cat. I actually saw in that bathroom shot that this house had a cat in it.

[00:45:32]
Michał Szopa: House has the cat, but the cat is too small to get the motion sensor to move. Here we have the information, when was the last move of this motion sensor? It was today at 6 A.M. Right now we are here in Poland at 11 P.M.

That means that it was early morning. Also, the sensor gives us information about the amount of the light. It looks quite dark inside and the temperature in the room, it's 24.8 Celsius. I can change these values also to Fahrenheit, as well, for the U.S. market, and that can also be in Celsius. We have some different – We have some plugs.

In the salon, we have also the curtains, and the curtain is set, if the curtain is open or closed so you can see from the sensor if the curtains are open or closed.

[00:46:39]
Dan Smigrod: I notice there's some icons. There's one that looks like a calendar and some other things. Maybe we could take a look at those icons in the top right?

[00:46:52]
Michał Szopa: Here there are four icons because we have the four layers of the visualization using the Matterport scan.

First of all are the IoT devices as you're looking at right now, but we also have this asset I mentioned before. It's using the Matterport MatterTags, but as I said with some steroids, and we can put more information inside.

For example, here we have the Philips TV and we have some 1) text, 2) some two photos of those, and 3) some documentation about the invoice, manual, and warranty card.

[00:47:31]
Dan Smigrod: Help me out.

1) Photos,
2) video,
3) text,
4) PDF.

[00:47:36]
Michał Szopa:

5) Excel,
6) Word files, every digital asset that you want to put inside, it can be. The movie is from the
7) YouTube for example, and also the maintenance (.pdf, link) as well.

[00:47:49]
Dan Smigrod: It may be that the manufacturer is not creating an original video for that TV set. It's just this is the manufacturer's video. It's on 7) YouTube. It's how to run that TV set.

[00:48:00]
Michał Szopa: Yeah. It's very important and very useful. For example, in our office, we have a very nice printer.

For this printer, we have

1) the manual,
2) for the printer we have some very short tutorials.

If somebody now goes to our company, it's five minutes to show the tutorial to make some quick view to manual and they know how to use it without any training and spending some other people to train for using that printer in our office.

[00:48:37]
Dan Smigrod: If I go to work full-time for SIMLAB, I should not ask how to run the printer? ;-)

[00:48:44]
Michał Szopa: Exactly.

[00:48:44]
Dan Smigrod: I should check out the digital twin with SIM-ON. Click on the printer and watch the tutorial video.

[00:48:53]
Michał Szopa: Exactly. That's right.

[00:48:54]
Dan Smigrod: There's some more symbols on here. There's an icon for location that looks like –

[00:49:00]
Michał Szopa: This is an icon for location. When I click it, I'm moving to the location. The icon for the editing, because I can also edit the whole information. I can add and remove photos, and add and remove videos.

[00:49:13]
Dan Smigrod: Now, is that because we're in the content management system as opposed to the front-end and this is the guest that's staying in that unit?

[00:49:24]
Michał Szopa: I have the permission to edit this one. If I am the guest, I can make some permissions for the guest so that he can only read only this asset and having permission to editing, deleting or so on.

[00:49:42]
Dan Smigrod: You got to these, I don't want to say assets. What would you call these, video, photos?

[00:49:51]
Michał Szopa: We call them assets in SIM-ON. The assets are in the container – the Matterport digital twin – for the information about the equipment, about the furniture; everything that you want to tag, and everything you want to add the information about, you can put inside this asset and this container.

[00:50:15]
Dan Smigrod: Great. If you close that and then I was looking at the TV, if I clicked on the icon in the top right of the TV set, would I get the same thing?

Meaning you called up that information from the right-hand menu, but you could get it from clicking on the TV or going in the top left corner and expanding the menu and then going to the dashboard, going to the living room presumably and finding the same thing. Three ways to get there.

[00:50:49]
Michał Szopa: Yeah. Here is the Philips TV.

[00:50:51]
Dan Smigrod: TV, okay, great.

[00:50:56]
Dan Smigrod: Is there anything else on the front-end that you wanted to show us?

[00:50:59]
Michał Szopa: Yes. There are some maintenance and scheduling functions. Here we have a calendar with every future event we have in some of our assets, for example, the kids cooking classes, like a movie and so on.

[00:51:21]
Dan Smigrod: I see you've had fun annotating a calendar, but if that was a commercial office space that was mechanical, electrical, and plumbing - MEP space - that might actually say, "here's the service history of the chiller unit."

[00:51:38]
Michał Szopa: Yes....

[00:51:40]
Dan Smigrod: Maybe upcoming dates that need to be serviced?

[00:51:45]
Michał Szopa: Yeah. Right now it's only the information, but in the future, we are working to put this information on the servicemen and also to connect to these e-commerce services.

[00:51:58]
Dan Smigrod: That's three of the four icons. There's also, it looks like a Play button.

[00:52:02]
Michał Szopa: The Play button is for scenes. Scene means that it's something that can execute automatically.

For example, I can put all the core things. Here, I have one, two, three, and four. This is the roller shutter for curtains here. Only in this one click, close curtain, I can curtain all those four without going to every particular one. These scenes are also possible to managing and creating in our software.

[00:52:32]
Dan Smigrod: It might be I have the "Friday night romance setting" and then I hit one button and it actually takes care of the curtains, the music, the temperature, the lighting.

[00:52:43]
Michał Szopa: The lights.

[00:52:45]
Dan Smigrod: Everything.

[00:52:46]
Michał Szopa: Yeah, everything you want, everything you will program in our solution, in our software. It's one click and everything is done.

[00:52:57]
Dan Smigrod: The problem that it solves is all those things might have been with different platforms using different technologies and you'd have seven different remote controls. Literally, you'd have a basket that would contain all the remote controls.

This is the one for the TV. This is one for the sound bar. This is one for the curtains. This is the one for the temperature. This is the one that controls the lights.

[00:53:25]
Michał Szopa: Exactly. You are right. I think the best example is if you're going out from your home, to work for example. This is one click and the curtains will close, the light goes off, the alarm will set on, the door will be closed, and the vacuum cleaner will be on and cleaning your room, in one click.

[00:53:50]
Dan Smigrod: Yes. I saw there was a Roomba there in the house.

[00:53:54]
Michał Szopa: We have Roomba as well.

[00:53:57]
Dan Smigrod: I happen to have the Neato XV-11 Laser Guided Robotic vacuum cleaner, but my generation doesn't have the Internet of Things version.

Now I have a reason to get the latest version of the vacuum because I could actually tell it to vacuum while I'm not home as opposed to trying to schedule it on the device. I could say, "Oh, I need to vacuum. Something's happened and we need to vacuum."

[00:54:24]
Michał Szopa: Its access also from this right panel here and also we can put it into the wall as well as the IoT devices and everything cool.

[00:54:34]
Dan Smigrod: Okay. Could you take us to the panel on the left again? Because I think we only looked at a couple of things on the left side. Could you take us through this menu?

[00:54:46]
Michał Szopa: We have, in this panel, this Matterport digital twin you are seeing right now, the Dashboard that was also presented by me, but we have many more back-end features here. For example, this is Providers.

This means it gives us the information for which provider we have connected to our solution. Right now we have some settings for those. I have, I think, some connection problems. I don't know why.

[00:55:23]
Dan Smigrod: Well again, we've already got a lot of technology going on just to do our WGAN-TV show.

[00:55:28]
Michał Szopa: We have the settings about the property.

[00:55:36]
Michał Szopa: It's reconnecting. - We have some preferences about user preferences. For example, the units of the Celsius, watts, kilowatts, and the possibility to show the electricity price. If I turn it on and put the price and the currency of one kilowatt per hour currency price, that will show me the price using each particular device on this 3D mode.

[00:56:10]
Dan Smigrod: - We're looking at typically the front-end of how the content would be consumed. Before we look at a back-end demo, is there anything else to look out for on SIM-ON by SIMLAB on the front-end?

[00:56:25]
Michał Szopa: - One of the very important things I want to show you it's the user roles and preferences because it's very important that we can put the many user to one property and give them the different privileges to using the software.

[00:56:46]
Dan Smigrod: - Just to be clear, what we've just done is we're now in the SIMLAB SIM-ON content management system in the back-end, this is not necessarily me renting a Airbnb, going to see this page. This is because you're the admin on this account and we're going into the SIM-ON content management system, yes?

[00:57:11]
Michał Szopa: - Yeah. This is only the owner of the apartment and the administrator. From here, you can manage the many users and manage the information on the role of every user.

For example, I can take some role and I can put my confirmation icons with every access to every room I have in my house, to every device I have connected in my house, and to every asset I have connected to my house.

[00:57:45]
Dan Smigrod: - This is awesome. We can summarize this as there are a bazillion ways to set permissions based, in general, room's devices, assets, and scenes.

[00:57:59]
Michał Szopa: - Everything.

[00:58:00]
Dan Smigrod: - You can have it at a very granular level of note that person can't touch that thermometer, that temperature, or okay this is the property owner, this is the property manager, this is the team that services just the electrical, this is the team that services just the plumbing, this is the team – and so forth for properties, yeah?

[00:58:29]
Michał Szopa: - Yeah. For example, for the employees in the office also, they can only get permission to control their own room: not changing the temperature of their colleague on the right and the left –

[00:58:44]
Dan Smigrod: - Great. I don't want to do too deep dive into the back-end, but I really do want to see how one of these sensors, what I think of as a MatterTag – as you mentioned on steroids – how you might annotate one or two or three of the items in this space.

[00:59:08]
Michał Szopa: - It's no problem. I can add some assets. For that, it's very easy. I only need to click this "Add Asset" icon. I have some place to put some information: let's say, place it on the wall. I have a place where I can put the information. For example, it will be a gray concrete wall. I can put some information here. I can also add some photographs using the drag and drop feature.

[00:59:53]
Michał Szopa: I have –-

[00:59:58]
Dan Smigrod: We don't even need to do this because if you go to your website, you have all these training videos. I just really wanted to see it wasn't any harder than clicking the "+" button, putting your cursor where you want to add an annotation.

Then you literally can add

1) photos,
2) video,
3) a document (such as .pdf,.docx),
4) YouTube video: any kind of digital asset that you want to annotate the space.

I see that that's super-easy. I don't see where I would say this is actually a SmartThing. This is an IoT device that controls temperature. Where would that be added?

[01:00:36]
Michał Szopa: - That we added here in this IoT layer. For example, I want to put on the wall, I have everything – I will change one of those.

For example, the motion sensor here I have, it only needs to be clicked on the sensor. We now have the information about every device inside the sensor. This pen icon. I need to click this icon with the pin, refresh and drag it somewhere else.

[01:01:18]
Dan Smigrod: - How did you get there to begin with?

[01:01:21]
Michał Szopa: - Yeah. This is automatically imported from the provider. When I'm creating the apartment, I'm connecting to the provider with this example to the FIBARO that everything is automatically imported to our solution.

I have all of those devices on the right. I need to click on the device and put it on the wall. Today, I'm making the apartments something like 70 square meters and some 25 devices, and it takes us, me and the client, 25 minutes to manage all of the apartment with all the IoT devices inside on the walls.

[01:02:06]
Dan Smigrod: - There's some import of all the devices. Lack of a better example from me. Let's say I have three different NEST units in our house, one on each floor. The NEST may not be the best example because that's one of the platforms you're using right now, but coming soon, it would automatically import and then I just need to drag it to the correct room and then in the room put it in the correct space.

[01:02:37]
Michał Szopa: - Yeah.

[01:02:37]
Dan Smigrod: - I began today's show talking about this, this was really a show for Matterport Service Providers that are shooting either new multi-family communities, homes and apartments, or commercial office spaces particularly MEP: Mechanical-Electrical-Plumbing.

[01:03:03]
Dan Smigrod: I think what today's show so far has enabled a Matterport Service Provider to understand – the intersection of Matterport + SIMLAB SIM-ON. - Let me riff for a moment and then maybe you can jump in.

I'm thinking, if I'm a Matterport Service Provider and I've been shooting multi-family homes for the purpose of marketing the properties, and maybe there's some MatterTags, I'm missing a huge opportunity to add a huge amount of value to my client by saying, "hey, you're already doing all this IoT devices that you're building into your property, and, oh, by the way, you have to somehow give all these manuals for the HVAC units, the refrigerator, the oven, stove, the microwave, etc.

Imagine that this is the way that you could deliver the hand-off of the house and probably get more money from homeowners that are willing to pay for that level of simplicity of managing their property, which will probably help them save money related to electricity, our gas or oil as an example." Is that the thing that a Matterport Service Provider should be thinking when they look at SIMLAB SIM-ON?

[01:04:35]
Michał Szopa: - Yeah, and going back to the client again and again and making some new Matterport scans, making some new configurations, adding some new assets because they can be doing it for the client, but as we know, not all clients will want to do it themselves, but the Matterport Service Provider can also offer SIM-ON as an Add On with configuration services by the MSP.

[01:05:03]
Dan Smigrod: - There are two opportunities that I'm hearing about: 1) maybe the builder – or the property management company – is only engaging you to shoot 10 of the models of the 500 units in that community.

If they see how they can turn over each property using SIM-ON and each property is slightly different in one way or the other, then it may be that the Matterport Service Provider has an opportunity to shoot 500 units rather than shooting 10 different model types. Is that reasonable?

[01:05:41]
Michał Szopa: - Yeah, it's correct. Because there is also the shooting after the furnishing of the living people inside, not only the shooting the property used for marketing stuff for some demo apartments into the flats.

[01:06:05]
Dan Smigrod: - 2) there's the Add On services. This may or may not appeal to a Matterport Service Provider. But if you're watching today's show and you've got, and you feel some affinity for how that back-end was done, that was super-simple.

That it may be that the developer says, "I don't want to get involved in that. I'll work with you on the first unit, but could you do all the others?" There's actually an opportunity as a service provider to trick-out the space.

[01:06:37]
Michał Szopa: - Yeah, and also the service provider can supply the customer, for example, for the IoT smart devices because installation and supplying the devices are very easy and very simple. The service provider can manage it.

[01:06:55]
Dan Smigrod: - Awesome. I want to switch gears for a second and say, "hey, that second category was Matterport Service Providers shooting commercial office spaces, particularly the space within a commercial office that contains the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing, the MEP space."

Again, let me riff here a little bit is to say, "well, maybe I've been engaged to shoot during construction, before the drywall, maybe after the drywall, maybe I've been engaged to do virtual staging, maybe I shoot the finished space because it's going to be a property that still has to be leased or sold.

In the life cycle of a commercial space, maybe I'm being engaged for one or more of those opportunities. I'm thinking a light bulb should go off for a Matterport Service Provider watching the show about the intersection of Matterport + SIMLAB SIM-ON for an MEP space that this is Matterport MatterTags on steroids opportunity.

I almost don't even want to say Matterport MatterTags because it may not even be possible to explain that SIMLAB SIM-ON is a thousand times more powerful than an individual MatterTag in terms of annotating a space.

If I'm a Matterport Pro, I should be looking at this and say, "if I'm not being engaged to shoot the MEP space because they're thinking, oh, we don't need that space for marketing, we just need to show off the nice lobby, the nice offices, the nice public spaces. I'm not being engaged to shoot the MEP space.

That this should be a signal to say, oh, I have this awesome solution for my existing client to annotate the MEP space in a way that lets them manage not just the one property, but multiple properties across states and across countries in a super-efficient way of not only the static information, the manuals, the training videos, but the dynamic IoT data sensors within that space for temperature, pressure, for gas, for oil, for water, whatever it might be."

[01:09:43]
Michał Szopa: - In the future, also the tracking of some items and people inside the space. But we have one more thing I didn't mention. Because now we're also working with the tool for importing the MatterTags for the existing Matterport scans.

If somebody wants to get our solution, they can import all the MatterTags and the information of MatterTags and convert it to our asset and add some other information if they want to our solution. But it's not necessary to double do it using our solution instead of the Matterport.

[01:10:21]
Dan Smigrod: - I'm guessing that SIMLAB SIM-ON has developed that utility to import MatterTags into the SIMLAB SIMON platform because you're actually getting asked that question.

That should trigger Matterport Service Providers: if you're already doing commercial properties that have dozens or hundreds of MatterTags, then here's a way to add a huge amount of value to those MatterTags because any of us that have worked with MatterTags, you say, "well, that's great to annotate a space, but it really isn't practical when you have dozens or hundreds or you have dynamic content that needs to change and you need the integration to a content management system to make the content change within the Matterport digital twin, the container."

[01:11:34]
Dan Smigrod: Again, I've mentioned, maybe they're only doing a portion of the life-cycle of the building. They definitely need to be in the MEP space, the physical area, doing Matterport scans if they're doing, as you mentioned, a lot of MatterTags somewhere to annotate a commercial space.

Are there other things that trigger for Matterport Service Provider of why they would get either:

1) engaged for more scans, doing more digital twins, or
2) some service business and add on to help annotate spaces?

[01:12:15]
Michał Szopa: For the staging, we have a different solution. This one also will be in our solution that MSPs will get the opportunity to make more scans for the Matterport provider of this space.

[01:12:32]
Dan Smigrod: Pause there for a second because you've reminded me of WGAN-TV Live at 5 episode.

A guest on our show is your Founder, Marek Koźlak, Founder and CEO of SIMLAB, and was on the show just about a month ago, May 19th, 2022, doing: "Intro to SIMLAB STAGES + Matterport for AEC Design and Build Communications" – which is way cool.

It's time travel through Matterport scans. I would encourage anyone that's working on commercials spaces or wants to work on commercial spaces in the build-out of all these phases to watch the show, it's in the We Get Around Network Forum, www.WGANForum.com – go to the Forum search box, just type in: SIMLAB STAGES – SIMLAB STAGES – it will call up that show.

That's yet another opportunity for Matterport Service Providers, more scans, add on services. Does it trigger any other thoughts for you, Michał?

[01:13:44]
Michał Szopa: There are many others, but we right now are talking with the clients and we are learning from the clients' of the time and the possibilities and the ideas are coming from everywhere.

We have some information about the integrating for some, for example, white labels for somebody selling the white label for the particular Facility Manager and so on. We have questions about integrating with some particular alarm systems, some different areas, and different types of the clients. What we didn't mention and thinking about it.

[01:14:36]
Dan Smigrod: Michał, I love that because that's an open-ended instruction to Matterport Service Providers to think about the clients and the categories that they have of SIMLAB STAGES and SIMLAB SIM-ON, we've only talked about two big nitches: 1) multi-family communities of homes and apartments and 2) commercial office spaces, particularly the MEP space.

But there are obviously 1,001 uses for Matterport. If you're Matterport Service Provider shooting some other vertical; creativity is the intersection or innovation is the intersection of something that was designed for one purpose that gets used in a different, unexpected way and that's what Matterport Service Providers should be thinking about.

"Oh, this SIMLAB SIM-ON: I get it in terms of how it's working for multi-family and how it's working for commercial office spaces, MEP spaces. I can see how it applies to X, Y, and Z Matterport spaces that I'm doing for other clients and I can see that if I can introduce this to my clients, then they're going to have me shoot more Matterport tours and maybe there's an add on service."

I think I would just add one other thing to what you said, Michał, is, if I'm shooting for any client and they're only having me shoot a Matterport tour for one space. They have trusted colleagues, they have friends. I want those introductions and the way to get those introductions is to overwhelm my client with added value to help be in service to them.

Then I think if you're working on a commercial office space, wow, that company, you're doing a Matterport digital twin in Atlanta and that company has locations across the United States or around the globe. That's where you want to be and the way to be there is to not just sell a Matterport digital twin, but to offer the SIMLAB SIM-ON, a comprehensive solution for digital property management.

[01:17:19]
Michał Szopa: Yeah, very nice and interesting. An example of different client and different use case was I spoke with a manufacturer of big luxury yachts and they want also to make a digital twin of a yacht and "steering" the IoT device and putting some assets of the yacht using the Matterport technology and our solution on the yachts of that.

[01:17:54]
Dan Smigrod: Yes. That's an awesome example. We've obviously been reading and learning that some yachts can sell for $300 million.

Tricking out a yacht with a Matterport digital twin plus SIMLAB SIM-ON seems like an awesome way to help a yacht company sell the next yacht and then provide an awesome turnover of the yacht to the client.

[01:18:30]
Michał Szopa: Yeah. Because the yacht is also renting for some passengers and so on and every passenger also has an intuitive and universal interface to "steering" the cabin and everything inside the yacht and offering the time and menu for lunch and dinner, what is the menu? It can be everything inside our solution as well.

[01:18:56]
Dan Smigrod: This is so awesome. I think we could probably talk for hours, days and months on what are all the different potential applications! I want to actually close by asking you the hardest question. If you only had 30 seconds to describe SIMLAB SIM-ON, what would you say?

[01:19:16]
Michał Szopa: I would say that it is the container and the digital experience of the property. Because it can also contain all the data, all the information, and also controlling, monitoring can steer your property. It's everything – inside. Everything you would need on your properties is inside the SIM-ON.

[01:19:40]
Dan Smigrod: Michał, thank you for being on the show today.

[01:19:43]
Michał Szopa: Thank you very much, Dan. Thank you very much for everybody watching.

[01:19:47]
Dan Smigrod: We've been visiting with Michał Szopa. He is SIM-ON Product Owner at SIMLAB. If you missed the website: www.SIMLABINC.com

You can go directly to the SIMLAB microsite for SIM-ON: www.SIM-ON.com For Michał in Poland – and thank you and all your friends and colleagues for everything that you're doing in behalf of Ukraine and Ukrainians – For Michał, in Poland,

I'm Dan Smigrod in Atlanta, Founder of the We Get Around Network Forum. You've been watching WGAN-TV Live at 5.
Post 2 IP   flag post
101736 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?