Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360Capture AppQuestionsShow Tour

Help Please: How to transfer Matterport 360s to other Matterport Tours?16910

CATHAL private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, I redid a matterport tour as some renovations were done and they wanted them included.

However I forgot to do any external 360 shots on the new tour.

The 360 shots I require are still on the capture app for the old tour.

Is there any way I can add the 360's from the old tour to the new one?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@CATHAL

Thank you for joining the WGAN Forum Community.

The likely workaround for you is:

1. Export the 360s from the old Matterport tour
2. Host the 360s on a platform such as ThreeSixty Tours (they have a free option)
3. Use MatterTags to link to the 360s

I could imagine that a Matterport Partner - such as Listing3D - could take the 360s that you export from the old tour and import them for you. (There is likely no DIY workflow for doing this.)

While Listing3D does virtual staging of Matterport spaces, it's super-likely that they would help you with the challenge, as a Matterport Partner, they have the ability to insert into a Matterport tour. And, they likely would like you to learn about their virtual staging of Matterport tour service.

You can contact Listing3D using this form.

Does the above help?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
@CATHAL

Not on iOS, only on Android.

But you can use a Matterport overlay like MPSkin to include them externally.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeshImages
@CATHAL

Not on iOS, only on Android.

But you can use a Matterport overlay like MPSkin to include them externally.

@MeshImages

With Android, can you open a Matterport tour that was not created with Android (the existing tour)?

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Seems strange to me that I can’t just download the 360 from the original tour and send it to Materport to add to the new Tour. I can understand how it might be difficult if it was one of the capture images that are stitched together in at Tour. But for an extra 360 that we’re actually adding ourselves (via edit button) afterwards it doesn’t make sense why it’s such a big problem to add to a tour…. I have spoken to Matterport for support and they are no help, as in they say it can’t be done
Post 5 IP   flag post
@CATHAL Yes, this is one of the issues, that no one understands with Matterport. It does not make sense at all.

If you capture with Android, you can add content after scanning. Currently it's better than capturing with iOs.

Or use one of the overlays. MPSkin is awesome, currently my favourite overlay.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@CATHAL

Unfortunately, Matterport is a closed system.

With open platforms, you can do exactly as you write:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @CATHAL
Seems strange to me that I can’t just download the 360 from the original tour and send it to Materport to add to the new Tour. I can understand how it might be difficult if it was one of the capture images that are stitched together in at Tour. But for an extra 360 that we’re actually adding ourselves (via edit button) afterwards it doesn’t make sense why it’s such a big problem to add to a tour…. I have spoken to Matterport for support and they are no help, as in they say it can’t be done

Wish it was better news.

Is using Matterport MatterTags to "point" to the 360s an option?

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
Guess I’ll just have to do a four hour round trip to get two external 360 images…. thankyou Matterport!
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@CATHAL

Before doing the four hour round trip, you might reach out to Listing3D. It's likely not much money to do this.

As a licensed Matterport Partner, Listing3D likely can access the Matterport model to do what you are seeking.

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Premium
Lahaina, Hawaii
Skeeter private msg quote post Address this user
I was told many years ago by a Matterport employee that they were going to allow us to move 360's. Well that never happened. I wanted this 5 years ago or so. I have a lot of 360's shot on a great day but can't use with other models from same complex. Get on it Matterport.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@CATHAL

Good news ...

I reached out to Kate at Listing3D and Kate writes:

---

The answer to @CATHAL 's question is:

Please reach out to us and we are more than happy to help you with this at no cost!

It is a very simple process!

Email me at kate@3dapartment.com for more information!

---

Best,

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
Thanks Dan, I’ll follow that up and I appreciate your help. One question if they are able to do something (ie I add the 360 to the Tour) Will the original matterport link name change (in any way) The reason I’m asking is I work for some real estate agents in Ireland and there is one website nationally that all the estate agents put their tours on but they only accept matterport vr tours… and so if in the process the matterport link changed in any way I suspect it would cause a problem in uploading.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@CATHAL

Good news ...

Listing3D can keep the same Matterport URL for you.

As a Matterport Partner - they license the Matterport API/SDK - they have this super-power.

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
Founder
Show & Tour
Leawood, Kansas
JoshMais private msg quote post Address this user
Hey @CATHAL, another option would be to use a Show & Tour media player to host the exterior 360s in one tab, and the interior 3D scans in another tab.

You could simply use your old Matterport tour (with only 360s showing) combined with your new Matterport tour (with only the interior showing).

I went ahead and created an example for you below!

Post 14 IP   flag post
ThinkLab private msg quote post Address this user
@CATHAL just ask Matterport, They have done it for me on tours I had the same problem, and took them just 1 day to do it. Was super fast, and the support team was great and had so much technical knowledge. And they also did not even charge me to help me with this.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Unfortunately that’s where my problem is I’ve asked them for help and they said they can’t do it
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@CATHAL

If the problem is how to export the 360 photo spheres from the original tour, I can walk you through that.

Or, can you explain the challenge?

Dan
Post 17 IP   flag post
The problem is not retrieving and exporting the 360’s… I have no problem doing that……. It’s that Matterport say they can’t add the 2 360’s to the new Tour
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by CATHAL
The problem is not retrieving and exporting the 360’s… I have no problem doing that……. It’s that Matterport say they can’t add the 2 360’s to the new Tour

I am asking about this in context of Listing3D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
@CATHAL

Good news ...

Listing3D can keep the same Matterport URL for you.

As a Matterport Partner - they license the Matterport API/SDK - they have this super-power.

Dan
Post 19 IP   flag post
ThinkLab private msg quote post Address this user
@CATHAL they are lying to you, because if they help one MSP they will have to help all... why pay someone when they can do it for free for you? But just shows you how backwards this company is and has been for the past 8 years. MSP's means nothing to them, period.
Post 20 IP   flag post
It’s sad to say, but this post teaches me again, that with Matterport I do not own, what I create.

But to be fair, this is the case with most online SaaS Virtual Tour solutions.
Post 21 IP   flag post
You’re absolutely right. I could understand how it might be difficult if it was one of the capture images that are stitched together in at Tour. But for an extra 360 that we’re actually adding ourselves (via edit button) … I should be straightforward simple upload on their side.
Post 22 IP   flag post
101646 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?