Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MattertagsOpenhausProblemsStrategyTagsTips

MATTERTAGS: Why aren't you using them?16848

Openhaus
Co-Founder
Heber City Utah
Carson private msg quote post Address this user
Hey all, I've been seeing comments recently that mattertags are too difficult to use, not worth the time investment to create, not marketable as a feature to clients.

If you're not using Mattertags, whats your reason?

And if you are using Mattertags, why are they worth your time to create?

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I personally feel a lot of limitations with the mattertag however I think they are extremely valuable.

Limited icons.
No way to upload image.
A form would be nice.
Images are only one size and can't be enlarged by viewer.
Difficult to add audio, due to file limitations.
Video could be improved.
No save for later, feature.
&Help=? Doesn't show my mattertags.

I'm just trying to put them in no matter what the agent says.

I'm in the process of shooting a model home for a prestigious builder using matterport and I'm looking for a way to help that showcase sizzle anyone who touches it, I really wish there was more polish available for these models.
Post 2 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Mattertags are storytelling and storytelling is essential for online marketing.

What I don’t like about Matterports Mattertags is the fact, that they are not very mobile friendly. If you want to click them on your mobile phone, you often miss them and then make a move to a circle that is located behind the Mattertag, instead of opening it. Especially in large open spaces.

And the another problem with Matterports Mattertags is the target „bulls-eye“ design, which is visible from any position in the room. If you place more than 100 Mattertags in a large Open Space, you don’t see anything else than Mattertags.

There should be two improvements

1) a variation in size for mobile

2) show/hide mode for large open spaces with many tags. tags should appear when you get close to them, but be invisible from the distance.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Openhaus
Co-Founder
Heber City Utah
@GETMYVR Thanks so much for the feedback! This is great. So actually at Openhaus, we do offer the ability to create use custom icons, add images, titles, descriptions. Here is demo that showcases some sizzle you could add: https://openhaus.app/view/1iaeQtCZVhy/

Would be happy to discuss with you more
Post 4 IP   flag post
Openhaus
Co-Founder
Heber City Utah
@MeshImages awesome feedback! At Openhaus we actually have implemented your 2nd improvement. Here is a large showroom with hundreds of tags, but if you notice as you move throughout the space you are only shown tags in your immediate vicinity, and as you move the tags will re populate. This solves the problem of not having a very cluttered space

https://openhaus.app/view/xTklyFMIGqd/
Post 5 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
@tosch Great example, this looks very good! I also like the persistent shopping cart
Post 6 IP   flag post
101636 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?