Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,045 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
APIJuMPMatterportSDKToS

Sorry, JuMP team is stopping all online services related to Matterport.16805

WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
Dear friends,

I am sorry to make this statement here that we are stopping all online services related to Matterport.
Not only include all online services to JuMP personal members and business members, but also the free sqft measurement interface.

Because we got letter from Matterport last week.
And Matterport pointed that our services are "Violation of Matterport Terms" and who use services from JuMP team will be "Violation of Matterport Terms" either.

But we believe what JuMP team done before are all good things to not only MSPs but also Matterport.
In order to avoid any escalation of this issue, we decide to stop all current online services related to Matterport right now.

All JuMP active members can send your refund request to our email: jumpiit3d@gmail.com before the end of May 2022.
We will refund your member fee (calculated by the rest of your member period).

If we don't get your refund request after the end of May 2022, we will thank you and transfer your reset member period to be your donation to our business.

In the coming days we will try to transform into a "development on demand" team and focused on the Matterport SDK development and some non-violation things, for examples: the https://mpembed.com/ or https://captur3d.io/

Thank you so much for supporting JuMP team for the last 6 years and wish all the best to you.
Thanks Dan and the great WGAN that gather all the MSPs here for truth, love and right things.

Below are the related email from Matterport and our reply for all of you to understand what happened last week.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Sender:JUMPTEAM <jump@iit3d.com>
Sent At:2022 May 7 (Sat.) 09:04
Recipient:[redacted]
Subject:Re: Violation of Matterport Terms

Ok, we will stop services to any Matterport content.
Statement will be released within 48 hours.
Thank you and god bless matterport!
Sender:[redacted]
Sent At:2022 May 7 (Sat.) 02:59
Recipient:JUMPTEAM <jump@iit3d.com>
Subject:Re: Violation of Matterport Terms

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

As our business has evolved significantly since 2013, we have changed our policies over time. This policy is not new and you have been in violation for several years.

Because you are bypassing our system and using your own code to generate OBJ files and Panoramic images, we consider this a violation of our terms for not only you but also any customer that is using your offering.

This is stated in section 3.5 of our Cloud Subscription Agreement here: 3.5. Restrictions. You shall not: (a) sell, lease, license, rent, resell or otherwise provide or transfer Your access to the Services, in whole or in part, to any third party that is not an Authorized User; (b) access or use any API provided by Matterport without the prior written authorization of Matterport; (c) except through the use of available end-user functionality in the Services, through authorized links to the Services, or through an authorized API, access or allow any third party to access any Customer Content stored on the Services; (d) reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Services or Matterport Cameras (or any component thereof); (e) modify or create any derivative work based on the Services or Matterport Cameras (or any component thereof) or any of the Documentation; (f) copy the Services or Matterport Cameras (or any component thereof); (g) remove any proprietary notice or label from any of the Documentation; or (h) take any action or omit to act in any way that would interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Services or Matterport Cameras, or adversely affect Matterport’s right, title or interest in or to the Services or Matterport Cameras. You also shall not use any deep-link, page-scrape, spider, robot, crawl, index, or other automatic devices, program, algorithm or technology to use, access, copy, acquire information from, generate impressions on, input information to, store information on, search on, generate searches on or monitor any portion of the Services, other than as explicitly permitted by Your subscription and Matterport published APIs.

Any Matterport customer who uses your service is at risk of having their account canceled and terminated. Do you intend to continue to put those customers at risk?

We will be forced to communicate to any customers that your service is in violation, and will also be taking action to discuss this with forum owners to let them know this is putting their users and Matterport customers at risk.

[redacted]
matterport.com

Schedule a meeting with me
Email Preference | Unsubscribe

On Thu, May 5, 2022 at 8:45 PM JUMPTEAM <jump@iit3d.com> wrote:
Hello [redacted],

Nice to meet you.
Sorry for late reply, your email was in spam box.

First, thank you for reaching me for the Matterport Terms issues.
You mentioned two items in your email: 1) the download of the 16K panoramic images and 2) the download of the OBJ files

Let talk about the OBJ file first:

We started to work on Matterport related business from late 2013, that is long time ago.
At that time the OBJ file is free for every Matterport camera owners to download, it was one of the result that Matterport committed to deliver.
But since Matterport released MatterPak which include the OBJ file into it, Matterport stopped the free download of OBJ file by no reason.
That violated the original promise that Matterport gave to every Matterport camera owners.

Most of Matterport camera owners need the OBJ file to be a reference when they build floorplan or calculate the sqft of their building.
They don't need the point cloud or other items within the MatterPak.
Include OBJ file into MatterPak and sell MatterPak only is kind of full-line forcing. It is not fair.

What JuMP team do is to provide a solution for the former Matterport users who work on the free OBJ file before.
Even we provide a solution, the requirement of OBJ file is not that much, you can get the number if you look at the sales number of your MatterPak.
So it make no sense for us to stop the OBJ file generation or not and it is same to Matterport also.
We suggest Matterport to be a company that can stick to your original promise to your very beginning customers, they are the people who make Matterport grow up.
We don't use any of Matterport API or SDK to generate the OBJ file, the OBJ file was generated by our own code.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now let us talk about the 16K panoramic images:

We can generate the 16K panoramic images from any of your showcase link. And I am sure there are lots of peoples can do this.
It is too easy and just require some lines of code.
Why we provide the 16K panoramic images generation services is to show the great result of Matterport Pro2.
The great quality of 16K panoramic images is the key point that your Matterport Pro2 can compete other solutions, why not show it to your customers?
Our 16K panoramic images generation services is help Matterport to get more customers and more usages.
It is not a compete to Matterport, it is a help to Matterport.
BTW we don't use any of Matterport API or SDK to do that, just some lines of simple js code or python code.

And we don't sell any of the 16K panoramic images and OBJ files to any one.
They are services that we provide to our JuMP members only not to anyone who want to use it.

If you still think they are "Violation of Matterport Terms" please let me know the detail.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About the page: http://www.iit3d.com/JuMP-ME/index.html
The above page is nothing related to your Matterport Terms, this net app is used to measure a sqft of any OBJ file (not stick to your Matterport file).
Any users that have an OBJ file or an old free downloaded OBJ file from "old Matterport" or just unzipped an OBJ file from MatterPak that purchased from "now Matterport" can upload this OBJ file to this page for a measurement of sqft. Please tell me where is the "Violation" exist?

We suggest Matterport provide the sqft result to all your customers by free, it is one important result that MSPs can use that result to charge the capture fee from their clients or their clients can know how big his target area is.
One sqft result can impove the satisfactions rate both to your customers and MSPs‘ customers either. It has no harm to any of Matterport business only improvment.

BTW we provide totally free sqft measurement services to all Matterport users from 2016 till now instead of Matterport (Which should be provided by Matterport yourself.)
Our free sqft measurement services will keep running unless our server is closed or out of services.

One more thing: about the 16K panoramic images
May I know how long are you in Matterport? If you are an old employee of Matterport, you may know that: when we pruchase Matterport cameras at the beginning.
Matterport promised to provide not only the OBJ files but also the panoramic images. You can check the history record of your company's website: www.matterport.com
Matterport did provide the OBJ file download at that time but never for the panoramic images.
Matterport told their customer: why not provide the panoramic images was due to some technical reason and they would provide them later when they solved the technical problem.

Thank you.
JuMP team from Beijing China
Sender:[redacted]
Sent At:2022 May 5 (Thu.) 07:33
Recipient:jumpiit3d <jumpiit3d@gmail.com>; JUMPTEAM <jump@iit3d.com>
Subject:Violation of Matterport Terms

Hi,

We have recently been made aware of your unauthorized use of the Matterport Platform and unauthorized services provided.

We do not allow third-parties to "use the Matterport APIs, any third-party API, Matterport SDKs, or Matterport Cloud Content to download raw data, to re-create any Matterport proprietary service or app or to create any product or service that competes with a Matterport product or service."

We have noticed that you are currently offering a service that allows for the download of the 16K panoramic images, OBJ files for a fee. We will require you to remove this product immediately.

http://www.iit3d.com/JuMP-ME/index.html
https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/profile/jumpteam

I would also like to schedule a call to discuss this further.

[redacted]
matterport.com

Schedule a meeting with me
Email Preference | Unsubscribe
=========================================
Post 1 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@JuMP thanks for what you have built and your response to this pain in the a$$ company.

How are your services competing against them?

I know your team will create cool stuff and you showed them things that they weren't even aware you could do.

Yes why charge us for the OBJ, it gets generated for free? And yes the promised it will always be free. But we know how their promises work by now. They must go into politics.

So it is all coming to this, THE MSP DOES NOT OWN HIS WORK OR DATA NOR DOES THE PAYING CUSTOMER

This needs to be exposed now, we have been taking this for too long as a community.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@JuMP I used your chrome plug-in measurement tool on occasion and it was awesome that you provided that. I don't see why Matterport doesn't have something similar. All the best in your future endeavours!
Post 3 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@JuMP Again very frustrating to see you forced out, I wish Matterport would have embraced your product and service. I know Matterport is big and for now has the market cornered but when there is a break thru I feel there will be a lot of people @JuMP ship. I wish it was sooner then later, I just again have little to no loyalty to MP. I loved your service and you always jumped in when I had questions and I used your panoramic download services and it resolved my issues every time. I hope that you succeed please keep posting you have a great insight.

Ron
Post 4 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
@Jump Sorry to see your Jump Special Services close.

As many Matterporters I was a huge fan of the chrome plugin for floorplan measurements. And I remember 3 times where the Jump special services section helped me to solve the unsolvable cases where I needed access my (!) 16k panos to make my Matterport clients happy and not leave them standing in the rain.

Time will tell, wether the system-lock-in by Matterport and especially the way they are selling it, corresponds to globally accepted rules of business behaviour and intellectual property rights.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@JuMP

Wish it was better news.

1. Matterport should enable downloading of the highest resolution possible of the 360 photo spheres
2. Matterport should enable the .obj to continue to be a free download
3. Matterport should enable a square feet (square meters) calculator for free

@JuMP provided valuable services to the Matterport ecosystem by providing these services.

Too bad that Matterport could not figure out a solution to make this win-win-win rather than lose-lose-lose. As an early adopter/innovator, @JuMP showed what was possible with the Matterport tech.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
Now that Jump has gone, can anyone recommend a facility to give an idea of sq footage of MP tours

Thanks

Mark
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@3dshowcaseuk

Your post inspired today's (16 May 2022) WGAN Question of the Day:

Question of the Day: How do you calculate SQ FT to Invoice for Matterport?

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@3dshowcaseuk It would be hard to make any recommendation, by reading the notice sent to @JuMP it would be a violation of MP terms of service if someone provides that service even if it was free. The easy resolution looks like use MP or manually input the scaled floorplan into a CAD program and use the calculation it gives you.

I just came up with this maybe we as a group/forum get @Jump develop a standalone app or program they sell that allows us to do it ourselves. Then no violation of MP terms.

Ron
Post 9 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
I know a source to generate SF of scans. I'm not posting it here because the massive buttholes at Matterport would then go after THAT provider. I would be happy to provide the info via DM.

Suggestion for Matterport: why not focus your efforts on developing a Pro 3 camera instead of screwing your own customers?
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Does anyone use the measurements on floor plans to use for billing?

For clarification, when you order floor plans from these companies, you can order with the SQFT or SQM:

1. CAPTUR3D
2. Matterport
3. MyVisualListings
4. MP2FP

WGAN Forum Related Discussions

Comparison: Matterport Floor Plans versus My Visual Listings Floor Plans
Transcript: 7 Strategies to Sell Floor Plans as an Add ​​On with CAPTUR3D
Video: How to Order a CAPTUR3D Floor Plan and Site Plan of a Matterport Tour

Best,

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
We use TOTAL SF (including porches, garage, etc) as per our county appraiser for pricing.
Post 12 IP   flag post
vaccinemedia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
@JuMP

Wish it was better news.

1. Matterport should enable downloading of the highest resolution possible of the 360 photo spheres

@JuMP provided valuable services to the Matterport ecosystem by providing these services.

Too bad that Matterport could not figure out a solution to make this win-win-win rather than lose-lose-lose. As an early adopter/innovator, @JuMP showed what was possible with the Matterport tech.

Dan

To answer point number 1:
IF they did that, then you would be able to download the highest resolution images, import them into something like iTours Pro or an app such as Pano2VR and create your own high quality tours from the images, especially if you imported the generated floor plan too. Then you could delete the original Matterport tour and free up space and pay less as you wouldn't need as many models to be hosted at any one time.

Granted, the end result wouldn't be as good, but for a lot of clients having a 360 tour that they can host themselves is more enticing than something that they never own.

Points 2 and 3 make complete sense - especially point 3 as I do jobs for Matterport and I have to trust them when they tell me how much space I have captured. One time they told me I had only captured 10,000sqft when in reality I had captured more in the region of 100,000sqft plus.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaccinemedia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
@JuMP

Wish it was better news.

Dan

To answer point number 1:
IF they did that, then you would be able to download the highest resolution images, import them into something like iTours Pro or an app such as Pano2VR and create your own high quality tours from the images, especially if you imported the generated floor plan too. Then you could delete the original Matterport tour and free up space and pay less as you wouldn't need as many models to be hosted at any one time.

Granted, the end result wouldn't be as good, but for a lot of clients having a 360 tour that they can host themselves is more enticing than something that they never own.

Points 2 and 3 make complete sense - especially point 3 as I do jobs for Matterport and I have to trust them when they tell me how much space I have captured. One time they told me I had only captured 10,000sqft when in reality I had captured more in the region of 100,000sqft plus.

@vaccinemedia

Thank you for your thoughtful discussion.

Please see this WGAN Forum related discussion:

=> Matterport allowed MSPs get their all Panos finally!

Regarding point number 1:

I recall that @Wingman has suggested a workaround many times, including the following from the WGAN Forum discussion:

=> How do you export full size (12866 x 6433) 360 images from Matterport Pro2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
There can be an easy walk around to avoid hosting your tours with Matterport. It won't give you full resolution 360s, only 32MP ones and you won't be able to do it for private properties.

However for anything else, you can do scans with Matterport, then publish your tour to GSV, grab it from there with Pano2VR Pro(I am sure 3DVista can do it too) and then you have a completely ready tour made up to real scale and with every 360 linked to build a custom self hosted tour in Pano2VR/3DVista the way you want.

Just account for your time with building a custom tour.

Technically you can even build a similar layout as in Matterport, just do not copy it as it is because Matterport won't like it for sure.

I believe even a dollhouse view can be replicated if you are good with 3D, buy a Matterpack or use the Canvas app and either a structure sensor or built into an Ipad Pro 2020 lidar. Sure you will need some great knowledge of Pano2VR/3DVista but you can learn it.

Does this Matterport->Google Street View->Pano2VR (or TourBuilder by LCP Media formerly known as Panoskin) workflow help?

Matterport (should) have the confidence in its platform and pricing to allow full-resolution downloads of 360s without charge. It's likely more Pros would buy a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera and have a Matterport Cloud Hosting Account if they had this additional utility. Then, for example, Matterport Pros could shoot a space once with a Pro2 camera and publish it two ways: Matterport and Zillow 3D Home (for example).

For a client that wants a Zillow 3D Home tour, the Matterport Pro needs to shoot the space twice.

Enjoy your weekend,

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
What if JuMP provided floorplan services for you? It seems like the floorplan service is not hated by Matterport, because lots of companies are working on it now.
We will setup a cover page for this.
And you just input your showcase ID and click estimate button. We will calculated the cost for your floorplan of this showcase based on the estimated sqft(eg. if your showcase is 1234sqft then the estimated cost of floorplan will be USD12.34). If you feel the cost is too high you can just close the page.
Sounds good?

Reply here or PM me if you want to access our floorplan service page during beta version.
Thank you.
Post 15 IP   flag post
vaccinemedia private msg quote post Address this user
IF that would work then that sounds like a great idea!
Post 16 IP   flag post
101587 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?