Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
APICAPTUR3DHow toMPEmbedProblemsSDK

Integrating a video wall with the Matterport SDK16790

tristan private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone,

I'm working on a project where I would like to have videos overlaid on top of the TVs in a space. I also want to be able to use the Matterport SDK so that I can start and stop tours and jump to certain sections from a chatbot from an external menu.

I've looked into Mpembed and Captur3d for the videos walls and whilst they both accomplish this I can't connect to the Matterport SDK.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV | CAPTUR3D Creator Studio for Matterport Targeting Retail, Museums, Events and Education | Guest: CAPTUR3D Founder and COO Steven Kounnas | Aired: Thursday, 28 October 2021 | Episode 123 | Website: WGAN.INFO/CAPTUR3D ($90 CAPTUR3D Credit)

@tristan

Welcome to the WGAN Forum.

In this WGAN-TV show (above), CAPTUR3D Founder and COO Steven Kounnas shows how to add video to a TV screen within a Matterport tour (or add to wall and how to make the video bigger than a TV screen).

Does that help?

To receive a USD $90 CAPTUR3D credit, use this WGAN affiliate link to sign-up for CAPTUR3D - free!

Best,

Dan

Receive free with this WGAN affiliate link for CAPTUR3D, $90 in credits: that's 5 free floor plans from a Matterport tour when you use this WGAN affiliate link to create a free CAPTUR3D account. [To be eligible to receive WGAN-TV Training U (in Matterport) 1-Year Membership, send your CAPTUR3D receipt for $250 or more to: DanSmigrod@WeGetAroundNetwork.com]

Receive free with this WGAN affiliate link for CAPTUR3D, $90 in credits: that's 5 free floor plans from a Matterport tour when you use this WGAN affiliate link to create a free CAPTUR3D account. [To be eligible to receive WGAN-TV Training U (in Matterport) 1-Year Membership, send your CAPTUR3D receipt for $250 or more to: DanSmigrod@WeGetAroundNetwork.com]
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Matter Hacks: Deep Links Shortener | Video courtesy of Actionable Insights YouTube Channel (17 March 2020)

Video: Customizing your Matterport Model: Start Location & 3D Scans | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 2 October 2020

@tristan

These two videos explain how to do Matterport deep links. Would this technique work for you within your chatbot?

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks Dan, I had already sorted out the video wall, the problem is by implementing captur3d I can't implement the Matterport SDK .

Deeplinks are a last resort as they reload the iframe but it doesn't help me start and stop the tour.

At the moment it's a trade off between video walls and external navigation of the space.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@tristan

Can you elaborate on your use-case? There may be other options.

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
Laserpro3532 private msg quote post Address this user
What is a Matterpor SDK and what is is used for?
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Laserpro3532

I encourage you to get this free WGAN Cheat Sheet of Matterport API/SDK Partners to see solutions that are possible leveraging the Matterport API/SDK:

==>WGAN CHEAT SHEET: Matterport Partners Using Matterport API/SDKs

(Running out the door for an early lunch meeting. Perhaps another WGAN Forum Member can reply to your question before I return.)

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
A client want us to make a virtual version of a trade show space for people to interact with using a chatbot. The Matterport SDK enables us to do this however we also need to put videos on top of the screens in the space and were looking to use Captur3d to do this. However this means we can’t implement the Matterport SDK, and I have the same problem using MpEmbed.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan
A client want us to make a virtual version of a trade show space for people to interact with using a chatbot. The Matterport SDK enables us to do this however we also need to put videos on top of the screens in the space and were looking to use Captur3d to do this. However this means we can’t implement the Matterport SDK, and I have the same problem using MpEmbed.

@tristan

Thank you for the additional backstory.

Seems like you have two options: either use a 3rd party solution that offers the features that you seek or create a custom build using the Matterport API/SDK.

For example this Matterport (API/SDK) Partner mashes up Matterport digital twins with trade shows.

BTW, here are the three free WGAN resources that I use to source/answers questions like yours:

1. We Get Around Network MarketPlace (filter by category)
2. WGAN CHEAT SHEET: Matterport Partners Using Matterport API/SDKs
3. CHEAT SHEET: 24 Live Guided Tours (Video Chat) within Matterport/and Others

If you review these resources, you may find other Matterport API/SDK Partners that help solve the pussle.

Best,

Dan

P.S. Perhaps you can build the chatbot to overlay the webpage (that includes a Matterport digital twin) rather than building the chatbot within the Matterport digital twin? This way, you could use CAPTUR3D or MPEMBED iFrame to embed and use the chatbot with Matterport deeplinks?
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserpro3532
What is a Matterpor SDK and what is is used for?

The Matterport API and SDK enables "magic" to happen with Matterport digital twins. Typically, a Matterport Service Provider would NOT license the Matterport API/SDK directly: instead use a 3rd party company that has licensed the Matterport API/SDK to build out useful/helpful tools to the Matterport ecosystem.

These resources are likely to be useful/helpful to you. Many use the Matterport API/SDK to offer "magic" to you.

1. We Get Around Network MarketPlace (filter by category)
2. WGAN CHEAT SHEET: Matterport Partners Using Matterport API/SDKs
3. CHEAT SHEET: 24 Live Guided Tours (Video Chat) within Matterport/and Others

Best,

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
Thanks for your help, I'm going to build video walls natively using the SDK bundle.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101436 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?