Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CryptocurrencyHomeJabNFTTranscript

Transcript: How Real Estate Photographers Make Money with NFTs via HomeJab16778

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV: How Real Estate Photographers Make Money with NFTs powered by HomeJab | Guest: HomeJab Founder and Owner Joe Jesuele | Episode: 143 | Thursday, 28 April 2022 | www.HomeJab.com

Image courtesy of HomeJab

Screen Grab real marketplace

WGAN-TV Live at 5: How Real Estate Photographers Make Money with NFTs powered by HomeJab

Hi All,

[Transcript Below]

1. Wondering if there is a better way to make money from your real estate images (other than stock photography)?
2. Wondering how to turn your real estate photography images into NFTs?
3. Wondering how to shoot real estate photography of communities and have clients find your image library?

Watch WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, April 28, 2022:

==>How Real Estate Photographers Make Money with NFTs powered by HomeJab

My guest will be HomeJab Founder and Owner Joe Jesuele.

I will ask Joe to show and tell us about real: the recently launched (see below) first NFT platform for real estate images created by HomeJab.

Demos will include:

1. How to buy an image, video (ground, aerial) or 3D Virtual Tour (and which 3D/360 virtual tours)
2. How to add an image, video or 3D Virtual Tour
3. (What is) and how to add a cypto wallet (such as MetaMask)

Additionally, I will ask Joe about:

1. What problem the HomeJab NFT Platform for real estate images solves
2. Why there is an opportunity for real estate photographers to make much more than stock photography rates for images
3. Why the HomeJab NFT Platform will disrupt the $4 billion stock photo industry
4. The value proposition to Real Estate Photographers
5. The value proposition to Real Estate Agents
6. The value proposition to Businesses
7. The value proposition to Journalists and Bloggers
8. The value proposition to Digital Art Collectors
9. Why use an NFT platform for the real marketplace?
10. If there are "chicken/egg" challenges to creating the real marketplace?
11. what kind of real estate images are best for the real marketplace?
12. What's a crypto wallet and how to connect it to real marketplace?

Got questions that I should ask Joe during the show?

Find out more here: HomeJab real MarketPlace

Best,

Dan
--
Video: 84. New marketplace for one-of-a-kind images offers higher compensation for professional real estate photographers to “disrupt” the $4B stock photo industry | Video courtesy of www.WGAN-TV.com YouTube Channel | 29 March 2022

WGAN Forum Podcast #84

The first NFT platform for real estate images – “real” – launched by HomeJab

New marketplace for one-of-a-kind images offers higher compensation for professional real estate photographers to “disrupt” the $4B stock photo industry

Cherry Hill, NJ – Tuesday, March 29, 2022 – A new non-fungible token or NFT marketplace for real estate images called “real” – launched by HomeJab – offers an innovative alternative to stock photo services. Participating professional real estate photographers receive 96 percent of all sales proceedsthe highest compensation available from a major stock photo platform.

Photographers currently earn as little as 2 cents to 25 cents per month per photo through stock photo agencies, according to Phototutorial.

“We’re flipping the model upside down,” said Joe Jesuele, head of HomeJab.com, who led the development of real estate’s first NFT platform of images. HomeJab provides real estate agents on-demand professional real estate photography and other visual production services in every major US market and all 50 states.

“Buyers such as real estate agents and their web and marketing agencies can purchase unique images with nearly all the compensation going to the artist – the photographer. That’s the way it should be,” he added.

Jesuele explains that one of the most significant advantages of this new NFT marketplace is its “real-world utility.”

“Too many NFT projects today are designed to help the founders make money. The real NFT marketplace supports the hard work and gives new visibility to professional real estate photographers' artistry while properly supporting their creative efforts,” he explained.

“By bridging the physical world and the metaverse, ‘real’ can help cut through the current clutter of NFT scams and pump and dumps of (worthless) coins that have no real utility. While other NFTs' value will collapse, we know from experience that good images will always have value and utility,” Jesuele said.

The new real NFT marketplace is designed for real estate agents and digital marketers to purchase one-of-a-kind iconic real estate images. The real platform also enables clients to order custom NFTs to be shot and produced by professional real estate photographers for their exclusive commercial use as they will own the image.

Unlike images provided by stock photo agencies, which allows the same image to be used by anyone who pays a fee, images purchased on real are unique and owned by the buyer. Real estate agents and brokerages avoid having the same photos on their websites by purchasing one-of-a-kind images on the real NFT marketplace. If the NFT resells, royalties flow back to the original photographer.

“Buying an NFT through real provides agents and brokers one-of-a-kind images that only you can use versus licensing a repetitive stock image that any of your competitors can use. Marketing agencies know that using unique imagery helps agents and brokers create stronger brand recognition and avoid brand confusion,” he added.

The real NFTs currently available include images of destinations in the public domain, such as:

1. historical landmarks
2. streetscapes
3. downtown areas
4. commercial hot spots
5. parks
6. bridges
7. buildings
8. beaches

“Think of the one single image that best describes where you live. What image would that be? That's the type of NFTs we expect to be the most popular as we launch," Jesuele said.

“We are disrupting the old, legacy stock image model to become a completely decentralized ‘Web3’ solution powered by NFTs with the financial benefits going back to the photographers,” Jesuele said.

To learn more about NFTs in real estate imaging, Jesuele published a HomeJab blog explaining both the terms and the process here (homejab.com/blog/real-estate-photography-nfts). To learn more about the new real NFT marketplace, go to nft.homejab.com.

About HomeJab
HomeJab is America's most popular and reliable on-demand professional real estate photography and video service for real estate pros. Lightning-fast high-end visual production offerings also include immersive 3D interactive tours, floor plan creation, affordable virtual staging, and turnkey aerial services. Its efficient one-stop-shop for real estate listings at HomeJab.com features affordable and customizable shoots that create the most engaging visual content for faster home sales and enrich the listing agent's personal brand. HomeJab is available in every major US market in all 50 states and Puerto Rico, Jamaica, and Toronto. Learn more at HomeJab.com.

--
Source: HomeJab

---

HomeJab eBlast received Thursday, 7 April 2022

Hi All,

I purchased my first NFT today (7 April 2022) on the HomeJab real NFT Platform for real estate images.

Learn more on WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, 28 April 2022. Details in the first post above.

Dan

---

Screen Grab from HomeJab Real NFT MarketPlace for Real Estate Images

Hi All,

I listed my first NFT today (7 April 2022) on the HomeJab real NFT Platform for real estate images.

My NFT is a video that I shot of a sunrise (Beach-Ocean-Dunes) in Jacksonville, Florida in March 2022 while on vacation.

Learn more on WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, 28 April 2022. Details in the first post above.

Best,

Dan

--

Realtor Magazine (5 April 2022) HomeJab Launches NFT Platform
HomeJab Blog (7 April 2022) Make Your Listing Truly Unique: Make it an NFT

--

Email received from HomeJab for the sale of my NFT during WGAN-TV Live at 5 (show above).

Hi All,

Thanks to HomeJab Founder and Owner Joe Jesuele for an insightful WGAN-TV show about how real estate photographers can make money with NFTs.

If you have hundreds or thousands of existing real estate images that you are wondering how you might monetize, this is a great show for you. Plus, if you are thinking about getting started with crypto, this might be a great "on-ramp" to get some real-world experience.

Enjoy your weekend,

Dan

---

WGAN-TV: How Real Estate Photographers Make Money with NFTs powered by HomeJab | Guest: HomeJab Founder and Owner Joe Jesuele | Episode: 143 | Thursday, 28 April 2022 | www.HomeJab.com

Transcript (Video Above)

[00:00:02]
Dan Smigrod: Hi all. I'm Dan Smigrod, Founder of the We Get Around Network Forum. Today is Thursday, April 28th, 2022, and you're watching WGAN-TV Live at 5.

We have an awesome show for you today: How Real Estate Photographers Make Money with NFTs powered by HomeJab and here to talk to us about it today is Joe Jesuele. Hey, Joe. Good to see you.

[00:00:29]
Joe Jesuele: Hi, Dan. Good to see you again.

[00:00:31]
Dan Smigrod: Thanks for being back on the show. Joe is Founder and Owner of HomeJab at the websites: www.HomeJab.com and also on today's topic; NFT.HomeJab.com. Joe, before we jump into today's topic about making money with NFTs, how about giving our audience an overview of what HomeJab is?

[00:01:00]
Joe Jesuele: Sure, Dan. HomeJab: it's an online MarketPlace for media production in the real estate industry. We're offering real estate professionals and homeowners, photography, aerials, video walkthroughs, 3D Tours, virtual staging – pretty much any type of media contents of one-stop-shop.

Really easy to schedule. We can get people photographers there the next day, a quick turnaround, get everything back to the customer the next morning with property landing pages and various resolutions, download options. It's a very comprehensive type of system from the real estate agent's perspective from a very quick, efficient system.

[00:01:45]
Dan Smigrod: Joe, this is across the United States.

[00:01:48]
Joe Jesuele: Yeah, we service all 50 states, all major metro areas including Canada as well.

[00:01:55]
Dan Smigrod: Great. From the photographer's perspective, HomeJab is?

[00:01:59]
Joe Jesuele: Well, about 1,400 photographers are now approved to work on our platform. We basically are a complete back-office for all photographers who were handling not only the sales aspect but scheduling, re-scheduling, all editing and post-production, any type of customer service, media delivery. So it's pretty much handling all the administrative-type tasks for the photographers.

Photographers can basically choose when they want to work, so it's a great way to fill in the gaps in your schedule so you can tell us when you're available and then the app will schedule jobs only for those times.

[00:02:40]
Dan Smigrod: Awesome. Now, HomeJab meets NFT?

[00:02:45]
Joe Jesuele: That's right. Yeah, that's a brand new thing. I started getting into blockchain and NFTs about a year ago. I think really it was about filling a need for our customers. A lot of agents would come to us and ask for stock images.

They were looking for shots that they can use in their marketing of cities and the towns where they were listing properties and we never had a good solution for this. We really would just tell them that we can go out and shoot whatever they want. Instead of just building a stock image library, we felt it might make sense to experiment with something new, and that's what created the idea of the NFT MarketPlace.

[00:03:31]
Dan Smigrod: Cool. Before we talk about how photographers can make money with NFTs, how about assuming I'm a real estate agent and I have a need for cityscapes, some of the images that you described.

How do I actually use the HomeJab "real" – R-E-A-L – NFT MarketPlace to buy digital assets? What is it, can I buy? Do you want to just jump in and do a demo from the perspective of real estate agents first?

[00:04:10]
Joe Jesuele: Sure. Happy to do that. Would you like me to share my screen?

[00:04:15]
Dan Smigrod: Yeah, that would be great.

[00:04:24]
Joe Jesuele: Okay.

[00:04:25]
Dan Smigrod: I noticed that you took us directly to NFT.HomeJab.com.

[00:04:33]
Joe Jesuele: Yes, that's right. From our homepage [www.HomeJab.com], it links over to the [real] NFT MarketPlace.

So this is basically the homepage here. As a real estate agent or anyone who's looking for stock images of real estate, you can basically explore our MarketPlace and the way that we set it up is very similar to a real estate site like www.Zillow.com or www.Realtor.com where you have this map-search page or split-screen with the map and then all the listings to the right.

You can zero-in on a specific area. If you're an agent in the Northeast, for example, you can very easily zoom in and then just explore the images in a specific area.

You can also search for keywords or search for cities. You can look for a certain price range. Although most of the images on the MarketPlace are listed for a pretty modest amount, these are $10, $15, and some are listed at $200 to $300 so in that range, you can typically find what you're looking for. You can search for images, video, or 360 Tours.

Although right now we just have images and videos where we're about to get basically moving with the 360s. But right now, that's just images and video. Then you can basically look through different keywords.

Search by photographer, screen name. There's many different ways to search, but most commonly people will just go on the map. If you're looking for something in Washington, DC, for example, you just zoom in on the map, let this refresh, and then you can scroll through the different images.

[00:06:19]
Dan Smigrod: I think looking at this particular screen, even before you click on a particular image, Joe, my sense was as you zoomed in on the map, it was refreshing the content that was on the right?

[00:06:34]
Joe Jesuele: Yeah.

[00:06:35]
Dan Smigrod: As you were refreshing the map and the content was refreshing on the right, you could go back up to the top and start filtering by price, or by the kind of digital assets you're looking for or even keywords like beach or sunset or sunrise or cityscape.

[00:06:56]
Joe Jesuele: Yeah. We try to mimic what you would see in a regular real estate type search site. Again, www.Zillow.com or www.Trulia.com, www.Realtor.com, we try to make the interface very comfortable and familiar with that kind of search. So yeah, it's a very similar type of interface.

[00:07:18]
Dan Smigrod: Okay. So can you go find the kind of image you're looking for and show us how a real estate agent, or anyone for that matter would buy that content?

[00:07:30]
Joe Jesuele: Yeah, assuming you've found something you'd like, you can just click on the thumbnail and that will take you to the actual NFT listing page. Just like a MLS type of website, you have the actual property page and you have all the details here.

Who the photographer is, you can click and see the profile of that photographer. Address information, the blockchain that it's on, and any transactions that have occurred in the past, what the price was. So you see a full history of that NFT.

[00:08:06]
Dan Smigrod: For clarification, if you were to buy this, then it would be your NFT but you could list it for sale if you wanted and all that history would show up related to your NFT.

[00:08:23]
Joe Jesuele: Yeah. This is where it diverges a bit from the traditional stock image because the idea of buying an image, using it for a certain period of time and then putting it back up for sale and buying another one like trading these images like baseball cards, is a new concept and it's not something that's currently being done right now.

It's just something that I think is brand new. One of the cool aspects of NFTs because only an NFT is owning an image with a certificate of authenticity that comes along with it. There is a secondary market, theoretically, where you can purchase an image like this, put it on your website, use it for a certain period of time, and then sell it and buy another one so that you can always keep your content fresh and new.

[00:09:14]
Dan Smigrod: For clarification, under copies on this one, it says one, so could you resell this one or no, you can't resell it or yes, you can resell it. It's just that there may be, in this case, just one of this particular image?

[00:09:31]
Joe Jesuele: The creator, the photographer, can set the number of copies that they want to create. Many of them are just one copy.

So if you're a buyer, if you're a real estate agent and you want to buy the image, you would buy, in this case, the one and only copy of this particular NFT. However, if you have more than one copy, then you would just be purchasing that one edition of that particular NFT and then other people can buy the same image.

[00:10:01]
Dan Smigrod: You could resell it to someone else?

[00:10:05]
Joe Jesuele: Well, it depends on when it was created by the photographer, how many copies they put into the smart contract on the blockchain? When you mint as an NFT –

[00:10:16]
Dan Smigrod: Ah! Let's look at that when we get to photographers as we go through that. I'm sorry, I got you off the beaten path there. But the point is from a real estate agent's perspective, why is just knowing there's one copy of this important?

[00:10:39]
Joe Jesuele: Well, I think that's a really nice differentiator from stock images also, because when you go to a stock image site, you're buying one image out of probably many of them that have been sold. I've talked to some journalists, for example, that you're looking for a certain city skyline, they purchase that and they find the image is already used by many of their colleagues and they've seen it on other articles and things like that.

A lot of stock images that you've seen in articles, you tend to see them quite often. If you're buying one particular copy of an image, since it's unique and you know that you have the only copy. I think that perhaps makes it more valuable. I know we're getting off track again, but some photographers have minted with multiple copies at a lower price, so there's different strategies there.

[00:11:35]
Dan Smigrod: We'll talk about that when we get to the photographer persona. But if I stay with the real estate agent persona, and I saw that I had a choice of photos or video, and you let us know the 360 photo spheres are coming, 360 virtual tours are coming, is there an image that you want to go ahead and buy just so we can see what that transaction looks like?

[00:12:07]
Joe Jesuele: Yeah. Dan, you mentioned that you have purchased one in the past. Is it okay if I buy that one from you?

[00:12:13]
Dan Smigrod: Sure. If you go to my profile, maybe you could show how you get there or maybe I could take you to where I know I have an image. Jacksonville, Florida. That'll get to my profile.

[00:12:35]
Dan Smigrod: Then if you go to my profile, if you click through that, Joe.

[00:12:39]
Joe Jesuele: This here.

[00:12:40]
Dan Smigrod: Yeah. I won't put you through buying my $249 sunrise video. But if you click on "Created By dansmigrod" Now, you can see that I've already purchased an image for $1 and I re-listed it for $2.

[00:13:05]
Joe Jesuele: If I want to purchase this, it's listed at $2, I've already connected my crypto wallet MetaMask, I'm all set there. It's a pretty simple process. Just click this here, $2 is the total.

[00:13:31]
Joe Jesuele: Then the MetaMask crypto wallet window appears and I have to approve the transaction fee, so you have 0.13 in BNB. We're using the Biance smartchain, so that's the "gas fee"... That's the transaction fee paid to the validators on the blockchain.

[00:13:46]
Dan Smigrod: I'll ask you later in the show, because I know you've already mentioned a number of terms: MetaMask, BUSD, gas, so I will ask you about all those, but I'll let you keep moving for those that actually know what those terms mean.

[00:14:01]
Joe Jesuele: The transaction fee is relatively low on the Biance smartchain. So as a buyer, you'd have to confirm the transaction fee.

[00:14:13]
Joe Jesuele: Now it's just processing and waiting for the transaction to validate on the blockchain.

[00:14:22]
Dan Smigrod: Is it taking longer because it's a video? Or, no, that time that it just took to do that transaction was related to the blockchain completing the transaction?

[00:14:32]
Joe Jesuele: We're just processing it. It usually takes maybe 30 seconds up to a couple of minutes for the transaction to go through. But, there you go. It's all done and now it's mine. It's a pretty quick process.

[00:14:52]
Dan Smigrod: Maybe we could take a look at my page again,... to see that transaction on my site.

[00:15:04]
Joe Jesuele: You can see that the file was already downloaded.

[00:15:08]
Dan Smigrod: Where do I download it? Do I download it from the checkout or I actually go to my profile page and then download?

[00:15:15]
Joe Jesuele: It can be downloaded from the profile page. It downloads automatically once the transaction is confirmed on the blockchain and then it'll just start downloading. But you can also go to your profile and download the files.

[00:15:28]
Dan Smigrod: You actually, since you bought it, it's now on your site and then it should show up... We are looking at maybe your test site.

[00:15:40]
Joe Jesuele: No. This is my profile, actually, I was testing your WGAN banner on my profile.

[00:15:45]
Dan Smigrod: You're testing my banner. Got it.

[00:15:47]
Joe Jesuele: Here it is on my end. I guess if we go back to your profile, we can check to see.

[00:16:02]
Joe Jesuele: This one's yours, and then going back to your profile, now you just have the one listing. This hasn't yet been confirmed, I guess on the blockchain, but it would be under sold tab once I've processed it.

[00:16:19]
Dan Smigrod: I had two that were for sale, one just sold so disappeared and then shortly, the one I sold, that video that I bought for a dollar will show up in my account listed that I had sold the video.

[00:16:39]
Joe Jesuele: Right. Now, I own it. I can download the assets. This would be an MP4. I can edit the description here or I can put it up for sale again. If I think I'm done using it or I think I got a really good deal, I'm going to resell it. Then I can just go to the sell page here and then put it back up for sale.

[00:17:02]
Dan Smigrod: We'll talk more about the sale. What did it cost you for that $2 image? There was a transaction fee related to the blockchain and then there was a commission paid to HomeJab?

[00:17:21]
Joe Jesuele: That's right. Four percent of the transaction goes to the [HomeJab real] platform, to the [HomeJab] real MarketPlace and the blockchain transaction fee, I believe it was $0.13.

[00:17:35]
Dan Smigrod: Is it four percent of buying and four percent of selling?

[00:17:42]
Joe Jesuele: No. It's just deducted; four percent from the sale price and the net amount.

[00:17:50]
Dan Smigrod: The seller receives full price less four percent and the buyer is actually paying the blockchain transaction fee, which in this case was about $0.13?

[00:18:06]
Joe Jesuele: Exactly.

[00:18:07]
Dan Smigrod: Now, do we have to see the history of this one if you scroll down?

[00:18:25]
Dan Smigrod: You can see that I purchased it. You don't know who I'm with my number presumably, but 21 days ago, I purchased that video from a photographer in South America for a dollar, and then I re-listed it for sale for $2, and that's that second transaction. Is there anything interesting about trading history that you'd want to point out?

[00:18:57]
Joe Jesuele: This is pretty typical on an NFT MarketPlace where you see the trading history. I think it's unique in the sense that we're trading real estate images and you probably haven't seen anything like that.

Because usually these images are a private transaction between a photographer and the customer, or they're between a customer and a corporation stock image company. Just making it transparent with what these NFT's are selling for, it's probably a unique aspect.

[00:19:31]
Dan Smigrod: Let's stay with the real estate agent persona. You bought some video that you wanted. What if you were looking in a market and you didn't see it? Is there a way to purchase something that doesn't exist yet?

[00:19:44]
Joe Jesuele: Yeah. Obviously, there's a lot of potential in the stock image industry and we're not going to have every location photographed.

We came up with this idea of this order custom NFT button. If you're looking through and you're trying to find something specific and you can't find it, you're in North Dakota, and there's nothing in North Dakota listed, you can click this order NFT button and then you can go through in order process, order form, where you select the type of asset you're looking for. Aerial or ground shot. You can give more information about what it is.

[00:20:29]
Joe Jesuele: Put in a specific address, and then any further details.

[00:20:40]
Joe Jesuele: You can select how you want us to contact you with a quote. Give a bunch of options. Discord. WhatsApp. Telegram.

[00:20:48]
Dan Smigrod: Could you put my email address in there? Is that okay?

[00:20:51]
Joe Jesuele: Sure.

[00:20:53]
Dan Smigrod: It's ... DanSmigrod@WeGetAroundNetwork.com

[00:21:10]
Dan Smigrod: It says, we'll contact you as soon as possible. What does that mean?

[00:21:16]
Joe Jesuele: Well, that comes right to HomeJab will take a look at what you're looking for, and then email that you back the quotes within, I don't know, an hour or two, business hours.

[00:21:27]
Dan Smigrod: Got it. The question was, where does the order custom NFT go? It goes to HomeJab. Then I imagine that HomeJab – sources among the photographers that you have – there wasn't any cash that took place.

There was no cryptocurrency payment so can you be just a little bit more granular and tell me what would happen if that looked like a real order rather than you're just saying test?

[00:22:04]
Joe Jesuele: Assuming we have a photographer in the location you're looking for and the shot is doable, we would give you a quote on what that would cost. You can tell us to move forward or not and then we'll assign it to a photographer who then goes out and shoots it.

Then will edit it as normal and list it as NFT and you can do a private sale on the MarketPlace here. We could potentially just sell it directly to you at the agreed upon price and you can purchase it, it's the same process that I just went through.

[00:22:41]
Dan Smigrod: Who would be the seller at that point? Would that be HomeJab? Would HomeJab be the seller because you've contracted with the photographer?

[00:22:48]
Joe Jesuele: That's right. Yeah.

[00:22:52]
Dan Smigrod: That makes sense to me. Got it.

[00:22:58]
Dan Smigrod: I'm a real estate agent, is there anything else that I should know about in terms of the HomeJab real NFT MarketPlace? For example, the first thing I heard you say is, well, you could get a unique image that 10 other agents in the market don't have.

I presume that speaks to when you were describing a real estate agent saying, could you give me a town's images that I can attach to maybe a multi-property community? We want to have some downtown images, I'm in Jacksonville, Florida we want to have the downtown.

I want to have pictures at the beach. I want to show the artwork that's downtown Jacksonville. Is there some other reason why this should appeal to real estate agents versus either ordering photography or ordering stock images? I guess one may be the price, because as you mentioned, a lot of images are 10 bucks.

[00:24:18]
Joe Jesuele: It's certainly a huge discount. If you're a real estate agent – First of all, I don't think every real estate agent is going to be into this particular crypto and NFTs. But if you happen to be into cryptocurrency and you've traded NFTs, you have your crypto wallet and this is something you're interested in and you already have a portfolio of cryptocurrency.

You can find this to be a very attractive alternative to just going into a stock image company and getting the same old images that a lot of other people have already purchased and your other alternative is to hire a photographer to go out and shoot it, which is going to be much more expensive. If you're able to find something you're looking for, then might as well purchase it because a lot of the images, just like I mentioned, are priced to sell.

You have a lot of images in the $10-$20 range, some $50, I'd say the average is probably $50-$100. It's significantly less than it would cost to actually hire a professional to go out and shoot it. You get a unique image and you get it in NFT form, which means that potentially there's a secondary market. Again, if you're into crypto and you're into NFTs, it's a way to support the crypto movement, the Web 3.0 movement. I think those would be the reasons.

[00:25:47]
Dan Smigrod: Cool. Let's switch gears. I'm a real estate photographer, how do I make money with NFTs powered by HomeJab with the NFT HomeJab real NFT MarketPlace?

[00:26:04]
Joe Jesuele: The process is pretty simple. First off, you just have to be an approved photographer with HomeJab or contact us to get approved. We want this to be a very exclusive MarketPlace in which only professional photographers are invited to be creators.

This is specifically for professionals, people that spend their careers basically in the real estate photography field, and this is for them. Even if you're not currently with HomeJab, but if you're a professional and you want to sell images through the MarketPlace, you can contact us and get approved to be a creator. Once you're approved, what you'd have to do is set up your crypto wallet. You have to connect to the site using MetaMask.

Then, it's pretty simple. You get enabled as a creator on the site. After you get approved, you click the Create button and then you just go through the process of uploading the media, naming it, putting in the location information, and adding any tags. We offer a couple of options in terms of what blockchain to use: Biance or Polygon.

Then you create the NFT. Then the next page would be the pricing information and list it for sale. If you're comfortable with any type of Web 2 website of any kind, you're going to be able to do it on here. The only difference would be the crypto wallet.

[00:27:36]
Dan Smigrod: Could you take us through an actual photo so we can go in that granular piece? Is that okay?

[00:27:54]
Joe Jesuele: Sure.

[00:27:56]
Dan Smigrod: We're looking for a photo.

[00:28:02]
Joe Jesuele: It's this one.

[00:28:18]
Dan Smigrod: I think I want to point out on these tags – The tags are actually pretty important because if you're the real estate agent and you're searching the search box, you might type in "pool" or "Los Angeles". This is your opportunity to help make it easier for your content to be found.

[00:28:40]
Joe Jesuele: Absolutely, yeah.

[00:28:43]
Dan Smigrod: There may be a lot of tags. Now, I see you put in a hashtag and then a comma? Is that what's happening?

[00:28:51]
Joe Jesuele: Yes, that's right.

[00:28:54]
Dan Smigrod: Then selecting the blockchain that I use, presumably. Now, we want to go create that.

[00:29:08]
Joe Jesuele: Now, if the image has been uploaded and created, the listing page is created, and then I can either edit or put it up for sale.

[00:29:18]
Dan Smigrod: I only see one copy. What is now, again, I'm trying to understand. If there's one copy, that one copy can be sold.

[00:29:32]
Dan Smigrod: You post the image, I buy it. Now, there's still only one copy in the universe according to the photographer that originated this picture. Then if I choose, I can sell it, but then I can't use it anymore.

[00:29:47]
Joe Jesuele: That's right. If you sell the NFC to someone else, then you essentially lose the usage rights for that particular image. If you're an agent, you want to buy the NFT to have such rights, you can put it wherever you want, you can print it out, you can use it on your website, and then when you're done using it, you can sell it.

[00:30:06]
Dan Smigrod: Can you go to Edit? This one, I just want to see other things because I seem to recall when I posted something for sale. Maybe it's when I go to sell it, then there's a lot more options.

[00:30:20]
Joe Jesuele: You have to click "Sell" and then get to the second step, which is this particular screen where you would select the type of sale. Most of the photographers, actually all of the photographers right now are doing fixed price sale. Though we do have a timed auction that is possible to use. You set your price.

And here's where you can edit the number of copies. Lot of people have used different pricing strategies where they sell one for $100 or they sell 100 for $10. You can put in whatever price you want, however many copies you want. Then you want to set a royalty. The royalty goes to the creator. That's a number between zero percent and max is 10 percent.

That's how much the photographer would get paid if that image was to get sold again. On the secondary sale, so on the first sale, you would get paid 96 percent of the price of four percent would be paid to the [HomeJab real] platform.

Then whoever purchases that can re-list it. If they sell it again, you would get the royalty amount. If someone was to sell it for $100 and you set the royalty amount at five percent, then you get paid $5 on the secondary sale. There's no limit to how many times you can get paid that royalty. Theoretically, if it gets sold over and over and over again, you get paid every time it gets sold.

[00:31:50]
Dan Smigrod: Let's stay on this page for a moment because I have a lot of questions. Maybe if you could change the USD to $100, it'll just make it easier for me to think for a second.

[00:32:06]
Dan Smigrod: If you put in royalties, and let's put in 10 percent, please.

[00:32:15]
Dan Smigrod: If you are the owner of this image and you sell it for $100, you're going to get $96.

---

(Continued below ...)
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
(Continued from above...)
---

[00:32:25]
Joe Jesuele: Yes.

[00:32:27]
Dan Smigrod: Let's say I bought it for $100 and I re-listed it for $1,000 and there's 10 percent. If someone buys it for $1,000, then four percent when it sells for $1,000 is going to go to home jab, and 10 percent, that's where I'm confused. Where is the 10 percent coming from? Out of the sale price. If I sell it for $1,000, $100 of that is going to the photographer.

[00:33:07]
Joe Jesuele: That's right. If you buy the NFT and decide to re-list it, you would pay the royalty to the photographer out of the sale proceeds.

[00:33:15]
Dan Smigrod: Out of the sale proceeds.

[00:33:17]
Joe Jesuele: It's sales price minus the platform fee of four percent minus any royalties, and then you get paid the net amount of that.

[00:33:24]
Dan Smigrod: Then let's say it's sold a third time. Does the second person get 10 percent? No, the royalties only apply to who created and published the content originally as an NFT.

[00:33:41]
Joe Jesuele: Yeah. A portion of this whole idea is to really help support photographers and provide a potential for recurring revenue if they take a really great photograph and they can continue to earn money passively. That's the idea of NFT. That would go to the original photographer always, anyone who buys the NFT. Then once they sell it, then there's no connection there.

[00:34:10]
Dan Smigrod: Please help me understand for a moment about pricing and about the number of copies and about royalties. In fact, let's take it off screen share just for a moment to just discuss that. The intersection of the price, the number of copies, and the royalty, is there a strategy as a photographer of how to set each of those?

[00:34:41]
Joe Jesuele: Yeah. Well, a lot of it is theory at this point to be honest, Dan, because it's such a new concept and we only have a handful of transactions so far. This is brand new. A lot of it is theoretical.

[00:34:55]
Dan Smigrod: HomeJab announced the platform literally about 30 days ago: March 29, 2022. Obviously, we were talking about something that's new, but what was your vision of what the strategy might be between the relationship of price, quantity, and royalties?

[00:35:17]
Joe Jesuele: Well, we've had a bunch of meetings with a lot of photographers to talk about this. The first thing I wanted to point out is that it is a decentralized platform where the creators themselves can come up with any strategy they want. It's really not up to us or me or you or anybody to tell people what to do. You can do whatever you want. When we talked to the photographers, I think the consensus was, we wanted to price these images at a point where it would make sense for people to purchase them and not hire a professional to go out and shoot it for them. Wherever you think is a fair price to hire a professional to go out and shoot what you need, we wanted to price it significantly lower than that, to incentivize people to actually purchase it.

[00:36:06]
Dan Smigrod: Let me stay on that for a second because I went ahead and while on vacation in Jacksonville, Florida at the beach, at sunrise,

I shot a 31-second video of the sunrise. I price that at $249. My thinking was, well, if somebody wanted to hire a photographer to go out at sunrise and shoot that. They'd probably pay at least $250, so they don't have to go through the hassle and they know exactly what they got and if they like my sunrise video, then it's exactly what they're looking for and it's priced at, I'm guessing, what they might pay for it to hire a photographer.

Actually to just go out and get that shot. On the other hand, I'm looking at, I bought a video, but do I think that video is going to sell for $249? I don't think so, but I was thinking, well, it's not really worth my time to price it less than that, and yet I do see a lot of photographers pricing at $10, $15, $50, even though the video I bought in South America was a $1, and maybe that photographer set the commission at 10 percent and they're going to have velocity of that transaction happening and keep collecting money.

[00:37:28]
Joe Jesuele: That is something I came up with quite a bit, it's the recurring revenue aspect. A lot of people were very attracted to the idea of that. They wanted to throw some of their work [on to the platform].

These are images they already had in their portfolio. They didn't go out and shoot specifically for the purposes of selling it on the MarketPlace. They already had these images. It didn't cost them anything to list it.

They were talking about let's just try to get some velocities and transactions going. They're also thinking it would be nice to have some traction in the beginning because it's a brand new site; they wanted to just experiment with a lot of different price points.

Some photographers decide to go the route of just throwing it out there, for $1o or $20, get it on the MarketPlace and see. Just like a lot of NFT projects, perhaps there's some momentum and price appreciation in which case they would get paid that royalty. That's certainly a strategy I've seen. The way that you priced it, I think makes total sense.

The other way to look at it is we looked at some images on some of the big stock image companies and a lot of them were priced in that $300 to $400 range. I think your price point makes a lot of sense.

[00:38:42]
Dan Smigrod: I just tried to do it based on if somebody wanted to go out and hire a photographer to shoot what they might pay or what the hassle factor was of them doing it themselves, particularly getting up early in the morning so that my wife makes me get out to go see the sunrise. I'm always happy when I've done it, but it is getting up way early. But then I'm thinking about, what's the percentage of a royalty, any reason not to set it to 10 percent every time?

[00:39:21]
Joe Jesuele: Theoretically, that would reduce the potential value of the NFT a little bit, you would think because someone's buying that and then that royalty would have to get deducted from their net proceeds after they sell it so, maybe, they would value that a little bit less. Same thing with the number of copies.

If there's more than one copy, you might value the image a little bit less. Obviously the other way to maximize value perhaps would be to set it at one copy and set your royalty at zero or relatively low royalty.

But I don't know, there's different ways to look at it because it's a really nice image. You set a modest price instead of 10 percent royalty and then, I think people would be happy to pay that royalty if they were able to sell it [at a profit]. It's all brand new and people are all just experimenting with things.

It's a very interesting topic to talk about prices and royalties, but there's not a lot of data out there for this particular type of NFT that says what works and what doesn't. We have about 150 early adopters, photographers that were just, it sounds cool. We have some images, we'll throw them up there and see what happens.

That's the mindset. I want to be part of something new. I want to try something new. I'm into technology and I have some images to test out. And that was the mentality of – this small early adopter group that we put together and that's where we're at.

[00:41:03]
Dan Smigrod: Let me ask you two more in-the-weeds questions then I'll elevate the conversation. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the percent royalty is disclosed when you're buying an NFT. Was the royalty disclosed?

And so if I look at the image, I'm saying, I'll pay 4249 and I think I can resell it once I get done with it, but I have to pay the photographer 10 percent. I don't think that piece was disclosed publicly.

[00:41:36]
Joe Jesuele: Yeah, you're right. It's not on the NFT page. It probably should be added.

[00:41:40]
Dan Smigrod: Darn! I shouldn't have said anything. ;-)

[00:41:42]
Joe Jesuele: That's a good point. That's a good point because I think the buyer should know exactly what they have to pay if they decide to re-list it and that seems like a logical thing that they should want to know, so yeah.

[00:41:55]
Dan Smigrod: (Shouldn't we just keep that among ourselves and then I can just mark everything up 10 percent for my royalty? ;-) Let me ask you my second in-the-weeds question.

I'm thinking this whole thing about NFTs and images is about it being unique so I was actually surprised when I saw, "oh, I could specify the number of copies or originals that I can mint," I guess if that's the term. What's your thought about offering that cityscape or my video for just one or 10 or 100 uses? Do you think that somebody who's decided, "oh, that video would be perfect" or saying, "yeah, but it's not going to be exclusive, so I don't want it?"

[00:42:44]
Joe Jesuele: It's an interesting question. A lot of the feedback that we got from photographers that do stock images and do this for a living, they wanted to have additions or copies because that was something that they're just very used to having.

It's part of the lingo of being into this particular type of photography when you're selling your work to stock image companies and there are different numbers of additions and things like that. That was based on a lot of the feedback we got from certain photographers. Maybe not the majority, maybe the majority are saying, "why shouldn't I just create one copy?"

The bottom line is that this is really Web 3.0 and blockchain are about the creator economy and it's really about, as a creator, you have to make these decisions and do what you think is best. We didn't want to limit people.

There was a certain group that wanted copies and additions, there was another group that was saying, "I want to sell one copy and create a unique image and it all makes sense to me." It's really about what that creator wants to do and we left it at that.

But if we remove the idea of copies in it and having multiple editions of the same image, a lot of the people that have done this for a living for a long time felt perhaps it wasn't the right thing to get involved in. It's a really interesting point.

I think in the NFT space, certainly the unique one image, one copy NFT is what you hear about a lot and that's what gets the big prices, but what we're doing with stock images and real estate images is not that. It's in a different camp, and so it's really whatever we want to make of it and so there's really not a lot to look at and say, "this is the correct way. This is the wrong way. There's just going to be opinions all over the place and so we figured it'd be best to just let people make up their minds about how they want to do it.

[00:44:56]
Dan Smigrod: Okay. After I get done uploading my one video for sale and then buying one video for a dollar, again from a photographer in South America, making my a 100 percent profit, nearly 100 percent profit.

[00:45:11]
Joe Jesuele: You have to pay taxes on it.

[00:45:13]
Dan Smigrod: I have to pay taxes. "Oh my gosh!"

[00:45:19]
Dan Smigrod: What went through my head was, "Oh my gosh. I have thousands and thousands of images that would seem appropriate for the HomeJab real NFT MarketPlace." Is that what you're hoping for is that hundreds or thousands of photographers say, "oh, I've been shooting the equivalent of stock and just selling it one at a time and maybe I even have looked at stock"... Do you want to talk about the money for photographers versus stock and versus this MarketPlace?

[00:45:59]
Joe Jesuele: Yeah. There's a lot of different deals out there, but what I've heard is that basically, a lot of photographers are getting paid pennies per month for the images that they've sold. The feedback I've heard is that there's a lot of people who are not very happy with the type of money that they're making currently with stock images. They are getting a very small piece of the pie. Not so many.

[00:46:25]
Dan Smigrod: Forgive me, but that was the reason I didn't pursue stock. It was just, I don't want to earn pennies for my images. It's not even worth my time of tagging all the images as well.

Then there's this balance to say, "how much time am I going to put in it to post images and videos for $249 a pop?"

Still takes time, so I was wondering, I really took a lot of videos at the beach of the sun rising over the course of a number of days. Is there a plan for a bulk uploader because there's so much content that literally, at least upload it and then tweak the keywords like #Sunrise with #Seagull flying through the shot, I don't know.

[00:47:20]
Joe Jesuele: Yeah, it is possible. You still have to make sure that all the metadata is there, the tags are there, the location – but if you were to come have a spreadsheet and you had all that information filled out then yeah, we'd be able to work with that and get it up into your profile and you've already had the profile with us, you have your MetaMask attached to that profile. It is doable. Yeah, if you want to do that, you can do it.

[00:47:49]
Dan Smigrod: But it's not automated yet?

[00:47:52]
Joe Jesuele: No, there's no bulk upload page specifically for that. It would be something that the developers can work with this spreadsheet. Assuming that we had all the data on there, then we can create that.

[00:48:05]
Dan Smigrod: Okay. I'm just thinking, "I can't be the only photographer that's watching today's show thinking, I have thousands of images that fit what you're looking for"... which probably also begs the question, is the invitation essentially the curating factor of keeping the image quality at a professional level, based on who you've invited to be able to post to the platform?

[00:48:36]
Joe Jesuele: Yeah. Yeah. We just wanted to keep a professional community. I think that if you look at other successful NFT projects, even though they're not real estate related, they're successful because the people know who the creators are, the artists, and there's a story there.

The story with our site would be that we're professional photographers, this is what we do for a living and it's a way to protect the work that we've created and monetize that and perhaps set up a passive income stream for it using the NFT technology.

[00:49:14]
Joe Jesuele: I realized everyone is listening. This works for HomeJab. There's probably a very small percentage. The process of getting approved as a creator though, would be pretty simple. You just fill out a quick form about who you are, your work, link to your site, LinkedIn, and all that, and then we'd be able to get you approved.

[00:49:37]
Dan Smigrod: Go to: www.HomeJab.com and click Contact Us?

[00:49:42]
Joe Jesuele: Contact Us. There's also a job's page on the bottom. Even if you don't want to get jobs from HomeJab, there is a quick form to get all your info into the system and then we can approve you. It's not super-exclusive in the sense that we only want HomeJab photographers there.

It's really exclusive to professional photographers if you want to be involved in NFT MarketPlace, there's no cost to list stuff. The gas fees, the transaction fees are paid by the buyer so we use a method called lazy-minting which is, basically, you can list without actually minting on the blockchain and paying any gas fees. You do need your MetaMask wallet, but you don't need any crypto in that wallet.

[00:50:28]
Dan Smigrod: Okay. Ding. Ding. Ding. I've just heard 1,000 terms in less than 30 seconds, so I'm going to see if I can go slowly on this. First, in the top-right corner, the word was wallet. You need to connect a crypto wallet in order to sell or buy. What is a crypto wallet? And what is a MetaMask?

[00:51:00]
Joe Jesuele: MetaMask is probably the most popular of crypto wallets that are used to integrate in these types of sites. You have to download MetaMask.

It's an extension that goes on your browser. You go on Chrome or Firefox, just go to www.MetaMask.io Download that extension and then go through the process of setting up that wallet. Then once you have the wallet installed on your browser, you can then go to the website and connect that wallet.

[00:51:36]
Dan Smigrod: Before I connect the wallet though to the NFT.HomeJab.com site, I have to have crypto in the wallet. Is that correct? I'm pretty sure.

[00:51:52]
Joe Jesuele: Well, you don't need to have crypto. If you're going to buy something, you do.

[00:51:56]
Dan Smigrod: But I think even to list, I'm almost positive they wouldn't let me connect my MetaMask wallet until I had crypto in it.

[00:52:06]
Joe Jesuele: You can connect your wallet and you can list. You might have listed yours before we made this change, before the lazy-minting, which is the new feature, it allows you to list without paying any transaction fee. So you don't need to have crypto in your wallet as a photographer to create the NFTs now.

[00:52:25]
Dan Smigrod: Awesome. So you can start out with zero crypto in your MetaMask wallet to be able to begin the process as a photographer, to mint – list your digital assets – photos, video, 360 Virtual Tour.

[00:52:50]
Dan Smigrod: I think then I needed two kinds of cryptocurrency. I saw that a price of something was listed for, let's say $10. I think of that as $10 (USD), but it actually said BUSD. So what's the difference between a USD and a BUSD?

[00:53:14]
Joe Jesuele: A BUSD is the www.Binance.us stablecoin. There's a one-to-one exchange with BUSD and US dollars. One dollar BUSD equals USD $1. We are using BUSD, the stablecoin as the actual coin to price the NFTs and make purchases of those NFTs. We didn't want to have to deal with regular fluctuations of the cryptocurrencies.

[00:53:45]
Dan Smigrod: Essentially when I look at a price and it says 10 BUSD, as someone in the United States, I go, it's $10. 10 BUSD, because the Binance dollar is pegged to the US dollar and so it's always the same?

[00:54:04]
Joe Jesuele: Exactly. It'll be $10 today, it will be $10 tomorrow and the next day. It makes it a little bit easier for people to wrap their head around pricing and they don't have to do any conversions.

[00:54:15]
Dan Smigrod: Then Joe, excuse me, I saw yet something else there was BNB and that "I have Gas" ;-) What does all that mean?

[00:54:28]
Joe Jesuele: If you're a buyer, you're going to have to have two coins in your wallet: BUSD, which we just reviewed. That's the coin that's going to be paid to the seller, that's the price of the NFT. BNB, Binance's coin.

That's their native coin on the blockchain, the Binance smartchain. BNB is what you're going to use to pay for the transaction fees on the blockchain, often called gas fees. Those are the fees that go to the network validators that are going to process the transaction and validate that transaction on the blockchain.

You saw in the example that I did, it was $0.13. So the buyer would pay $0.13 in BNB. Then also, they would have BUSD in their wallet. That's what will get transferred to the photographer.

[00:55:24]
Dan Smigrod: Okay, so I have my MetaMask wallet and I know that I need BUSD and BNB. Where do I get those two cryptocurrencies?

[00:55:35]
Joe Jesuele: Well, since they're both Binance, a great place to go would be the Binance exchange. That's probably the best way to do it. Binance is maybe the second or third largest exchange or maybe the largest in the world.

There's maybe a couple that are larger here in the United States, but Binance is one of the largest exchanges. If you're in the United States, you go to www.Binance.us and you'd have to go through the process of setting up your account with that exchange, verifying your identity, things like that. You can purchase pretty much right away, but then if you're a first-time user, then you have to wait a few days before you can withdraw money from Binance into your MetaMask wallet.

So you have to make that withdrawal from the exchange where you purchase it and then put it into your MetaMask wallet.

[00:56:26]
Dan Smigrod: You went a little bit fast for me. I know that I go to www.Binance.us and I purchase the BUSD for the dollars that I want to buy stuff, knowing I need a little bit of gas, which is the BNB, but do I buy it with yet other cryptocurrency? Do I buy it with US dollars?

How do I actually do the transaction? Do I have to transfer money from a checking account? Do I do a wire transfer? What's the mechanic of actually buying a cryptocurrency?

[00:57:11]
Joe Jesuele: Once you have your account with www.Binance.us, there's a number of ways to fund it. I believe I funded it with just a direct ACH bank account direct deposit. I think you might be able to do a wire transfer as well. So you would connect your US bank account to deposit USD into your account on www.Binance.us. Once you have that, you can exchange it for any coin that you want, including BUSD and BNB.

[00:57:41]
Dan Smigrod: I think another option might be, I could use a debit card, is that like an ATM card? So, to think of it as a cash advance out of my checking account. Is that the right way to think about that?

[00:57:57]
Joe Jesuele: Yes. Certainly. You can use a debit card to fund your exchange.

[00:58:02]
Dan Smigrod: Or an ACH transfer?

[00:58:05]
Joe Jesuele: Yes.

[00:58:05]
Dan Smigrod: There may be other options as well, like wire transfers. So, I go figure all that out, or if I have crypto, so if I'm already in some other currency, presumably I could go to www.Binance.us and do some type of exchange of one currency into another currency in order to buy the BUSD, BNB.

[00:58:27]
Joe Jesuele: Yeah, absolutely. BNB is one of the most popular coins out there, but if you have Ethereum or Bitcoin, then there's a number of different exchanges in which you can exchange that particular coin and buy BNB and then exchange for BUSD.

[00:58:44]
Dan Smigrod: Okay. Just really, my last question and then I'll throw it back to you in case I left anything out.... Using crypto, I can buy something real. Can you talk about that in terms of people trading currencies, but there's nothing you actually get other than maybe speculation and with the HomeJab real NFT MarketPlace, you can actually use crypto to buy something real?

[00:59:16]
Joe Jesuele: Yeah, and that's why we named it, "real"... There's negative backlash, a lot of negativity building around some of the NFT projects out there. A lot of them are just pump and dump type of scams really. There's no other way to put it. A lot of the stuff you see out there is just a lot of hype, get the price up, and then the people who create it dump it. A lot of them go to zero in terms of the value of these NFTs.

There are certainly several very successful projects, for Yacht Project and CryptoKitties and Whatnot. There's a number of different really successful projects out there, but we wanted to do something different. This isn't about hype and making huge amounts of money as an investment. This is really about an alternative to the stock image industry. If you have an actual use for these images, these are real images.

It's not a get-rich-quick scheme. This is not a way to buy something for $100 and then a month later sell it for $100,000. This is not that kind of NFT project. This has real utility. One foot in the real-world and one in the crypto world.

It's really an exploratory type of project where we're trying to connect with people that are into crypto and looking for a real world use case in order to spend their crypto and get something that they can actually find useful and actually use. If you are someone who goes out and buys stock images, if you're a digital marketer, journalist or real estate agent, you're building your website and you're into crypto and you have a portfolio in crypto or you have an interest in getting into it, here is a real-world use case for it.

You want to go out and buy NFTs of various cartoon characters and things like that that you see out there, you can do that too, but this is a different kind of thing.

[01:01:21]
Dan Smigrod: Yeah, I'm just thinking as a real estate photographer who has created literally thousands of photos and videos over time that are not being monetized. It's like, "oh, well this is interesting. This is a MarketPlace between people that need that content and people who already have an existing library of content."

That is an opportunity to monetize a library of – probably most of us – thousands of images that we've shot over time. For those that are looking for that content, to find our content, and for us actually as photographers to get paid, the amount of money that we price it out versus earning pennies on the dollar from stock house?

[01:02:14]
Joe Jesuele: Yes, it puts the control and puts the power back into the hands of individual creators and the photographers, as opposed to the various large, handful of corporations that basically dominate the stock photo industry right now.

The only other thing I'd add to that, I think you're right on target there, is that just keep in mind, this is very early days. It's very new, and it's not, you list stuff and then tomorrow it's sold out and made a bunch of money.

[01:02:43]
Dan Smigrod: How do you deal with that, Joe? Because that's the classic chicken and egg; the [HomeJab real NFT] MarketPlaces is a month old. As a photographer who has thousands of images, I don't necessarily want to rush to spend a lifetime publishing content if there's no people who are buying the content.

At the same time, I imagine people who might have an interest in buying content may be a little bit reluctant to go to the MarketPlace if there's not a ton of content. Classic chicken and egg problem. Is this, it just takes time, and it is what it is and at some point, magic happens?

[01:03:24]
Joe Jesuele: Yeah, I think the magic will happen over time. Most of the photographers that I mentioned, we have a small group of about 100,150 that are early adopters here. They might have average, maybe someone listed 10 or 20 images.

They haven't spent a huge amount of time listing thousands of images because we're just not at that point where they can depend on the income from it. I'd say, but more importantly than just money right now. I'll just tell you the reason I got involved in it was we're not expecting to make huge amounts of money this year with this MarketPlace. Is really about blockchain technology. I was truly interested in that aspect of it.

Just mentoring these digital assets onto the blockchain, having a record of ownership and transacting that way. It was just really interesting to me. It's just a new technology, and I just liked that idea of having it stored on this decentralized network. I really wanted to get involved in that and learn it.

[01:04:39]
Dan Smigrod: I would add to that Joe, is just a photographer that has assets, but never had any exposure to cryptocurrency other than what I read or see on television. "Okay, maybe this is the opportunity for me to learn something about crypto and as a result, now understand what a MetaMask wallet is and that there are other options and now; understand what BUSD is.

A BND and what gas is and then about where I go to buy currency like: www.Binance.us I actually feel I have some slow on-ramp to Web 3.0, cryptocurrency, NFTs, etc. as a result of experimenting with HomeJab's NFT real MarketPlace." Well, that was nice. That was a learning experience. Just for a person who's curious and interested, it was actually something real that you could do with crypto.

[01:05:45]
Joe Jesuele: Yeah, exactly. I think that's the right mindset. I think everyone understands that, yeah, there's the potential here, in the long run, to really make money compared to what the industry is doing with stock images right now, where there's very little money. But more important than that and more just around the short-term aspect is this idea of, I'm interested in crypto, I'm interested in the blockchain. I want to learn it and this is an opportunity to get involved in it. Then also the idea is if we're building a community, and we are slowly building that inventory over time, it becomes that much more attractive to potential buyers.

We're all just helping each other build that community, build the inventory. Then it gets to a point where it's; we have images here, and now we're starting to get more and more traffic. At the same time, there's more people in the real estate industry and other industries that are getting more familiar with crypto.

We're in the first inning here, I think, most people would agree on that. As things progress, people are more comfortable using crypto wallets and things like that. Then you'd have to think that this type of app is going to be more and more popular.

[01:07:02]
Dan Smigrod: I'd be remiss if I didn't talk about 360 and 3D Tours, Matterport Tours, how does that fits in with the HomeJab real NFT MarketPlace? I could see uploading a photo and I could see uploading a video. What about a 360 virtual tour?

[01:07:30]
Joe Jesuele: Obviously, a little bit different there and a little bit trickier just because it has to run on the browser.

There's a software aspect to it. What you're actually transferring is a link to the tour. There're various virtual tour providers you can provide tours, whether it's EyeSpy360 or Matterport, whatever. But you're also as a creator, uploading the individual JPEG 360 files.

In addition to getting the link, the hosted tour, the buyer also receives the source files, the 360 files, and we thought that was the best way to handle that transaction because these tours obviously have to get hosted somewhere. You're not transferring just a hosted tour on some third-party platform, you actually sell the individual JPEG files as well as that. You're getting both as the files.

[01:08:22]
Dan Smigrod: The JPEG files, meaning the 360-degree photo spheres, some referred to them as equi-rectangular JPEG images.

[01:08:31]
Joe Jesuele: Exactly, the idea being that, it's nice to have a hosted tour that you can use, but we're not going to rely on some third-party company. If they go out of business or what have you, you want to use another virtual tour company, at least you have the actual source files that you can then use. That was what we're thinking there.

[01:08:50]
Dan Smigrod: Part of the contract might be that the photographer says, this tour will be hosted on, you mentioned, EyeSpy360.

There'll be hosted on EyeSpy360 through December 31, 2025. But after that, you have the original 360s if you want to use them to build and create your own tour on a different platform?

[01:09:15]
Joe Jesuele: Exactly, yes. We wanted the NFT to be linked to the actual files that can be used indefinitely into the future. That's exactly right. I will add though that right now we've only done photos and video, 360 is as new as this MarketPlace is, the 360 is even newer.

We've done some testing, but we haven't actually listed any virtual tours. That's actually something that you're going to be working on over the next week or two to have a few tours up on the site and potentially even houses that are listed for sale, so that we can actually market these NFTs of homes actually listed for sale and that buying the NFT could even be used as a down payment on the house.

We're working with some real estate agents on how that procedure will go. It's like listed on the MLS, listed on Zillow, and then also listed as an NFT, in which case you can engage with the crypto community.

Someone with crypto can come in and buy that NFT, and use that maybe as the down payment or perhaps all of the money to then go and purchase that house in the real world.

Buying NFT wouldn't necessarily mean you don't own the house, but you would basically be a very aggressive offer, if you went and bought that NFT for say, $400,000 and then that money gets transferred into Escrow. Then you can actually close on that house in the real-world using a title company, recording the deed as you usually would. That's something we're.

[01:10:58]
Dan Smigrod: Let's call that a different show. Come back and do WGAN-TV Live at 5 the first time you sell a house through the HomeJab real NFT MarketPlace. Let's talk about that transaction. Maybe that will inspire one of our viewers to figure out how to go there.

Joe, the title of this WGAN-TV show: How Real Estate Photographers Make Money with NFTs powered by HomeJab. Is there anything that we haven't discussed that I haven't asked you about how photographers can make money with NFTs through the HomeJab real NFT MarketPlace?

[01:11:38]
Joe Jesuele: Well, I don't think so. I think we've covered quite a bit. I just reiterate the fact that I realized a lot of photographers are not currently working with us and this is not a pitch to come work with HomeJab on real estate shoots, although we'd be happy to work with you. If you do want to just do the NFT stuff, you can certainly do that.

So please, if you're interested in the technology, if you're interested in just ways to monetize your assets, reach out to us and the process of getting approval will be fast and simple. As long as we verify that you're a professional and do this for a living, then you can create listings on the site, and it doesn't cost anything.

[01:12:25]
Dan Smigrod: Awesome, good opportunity to mention the websites again: www.HomeJab.com www.HomeJab.com and go directly to the HomeJab real NFT MarketPlace at: NFT.HomeJab.com Joe, thanks again for being my guest on WGAN-TV Live at 5.

[01:12:52]
Joe Jesuele: Thanks very much, Dan.

[01:12:54]
Dan Smigrod: We've been visiting with Joe Jesuele. Joe is the Founder and owner of HomeJab. Joe is in the Greater Philadelphia area. I'm Dan Smigrod, Founder of the We Get Around Network Forum, and you've been watching WGAN-TV Live at 5.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
HomeJab Media Release
---

HomeJab Debuts Novel Real Estate Agent Marketing Method That Creates Real-Estate-Backed-NFTs to Promote Home Sales

CHERRY HILL, N.J., July 12, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- HomeJab, which provides real estate agents on-demand professional real estate photography services nationwide, is debuting a new and novel marketing method that gives real estate agents a new avenue to promote homes for sale – using an NFT, or non-fungible token.

Real estate agents who use HomeJab for professional real estate photography for their listing can now receive a free real-estate-backed-NFT of the home as part of their order. This new service from HomeJab includes promoting these NFT-backed homes for sale and listing them on the new HomeJab NFT site at nft.homejab.com.

HomeJab founder and CEO Joe Jesuele emphasized that this new service for real estate agents supplements their traditional marketing efforts by exposing them to an NFT-interested audience.

"For real estate agents, we provide an easy way to promote their listings to a new market of potential buyers and it doesn't cost them anything," explained Jesuele. "For crypto enthusiasts, we offer a way to purchase real world assets legally using blockchain," he added.

The first NFT-backed home currently being marketed for sale on the HomeJab NFT site is in Detroit, at 20060 Canterbury Road owned by Daniel McDonald and listed for $415,000 by Lisa Virkus, a real estate agent and founder of Realty in the D.

Team Title Services, owned by Web Raulston and based in Chattanooga, Tennessee, handles the title and settlement services.

McDonald is a Key Advisor at Mortgage Token, which aims to be the first company that allows clients to leverage their home equity to invest in cryptocurrency.

"I'm a firm believer that with digital assets such as NFTs, entire industries will benefit from being built on the Ethereum blockchain by increasing consumer transparency and transaction cost-effectiveness," home seller McDonald said.

McDonald explained that blockchain, like the internet, is the new "great equalizer" and that "Web3 will level the playing field, making information and pricing inequalities a thing of the past."

Jason Yourofsky, Mortgage Token founder said, "Mortgage Token is an autonomous modernized lending platform bridging the gap between real estate and crypto lending. We look forward to launching before the fourth quarter of 2022 as the first lender specifically investing in cryptocurrency."

Jesuele noted, "Our customers will get an NFT listing for free with every photo shoot, and direct exposure to a more tech-savvy group of buyers."

With the new service, an agent can bring their buyer, and the buyer would purchase the NFT, which provides them with an option to purchase the property. Buyers purchase NFTs with USD Coin (USDC), a digital currency fully backed by US dollar assets, on the Ethereum blockchain. HomeJab receives 1% on the NFT sale, with the proceeds distributed to the title company who then facilitates the closing and recording of deed. The seller and buyer agent commissions would be part of the settlement statement, like any other traditional transaction.

A sample of an NFT-backed home listing on HomeJab is here. To learn more about the new real NFT marketplace, go to nft.homejab.com.

About HomeJab
HomeJab is America's leading on-demand professional real estate photography and video service for real estate pros. Lightning-fast high-end visual production offerings also include immersive 3D interactive tours, floor plan creation, affordable virtual staging, turnkey aerial services, and the creation of real-estate-backed NFTs. Its efficient one-stop-shop for real estate listings promotions at HomeJab.com features affordable and customizable shoots to create the most engaging visual content for faster home sales and enrich the listing agent's personal brand. HomeJab is available nationwide and in the U.S. and Canada. Learn more at HomeJab.com.

Source: HomeJab via PRNewswire
Post 3 IP   flag post
101641 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?