Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 674 Unique Visitors
9,057 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,711 Page Views | 19,043 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BatteriesiPad CaseiPad ProLargePro2

Best iPad Pro battery I've found (for Large Matterport Pro2 Scans)16764

WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
On long MP scanning jobs, I've often been amazed at the longevity of the Pro 2's battery, but often the iPad Pro battery won't last as long, even though I keep the screen brightness as low as possible. Breaking for lunch provides some time to recharge, but that iPad will still run down before a 50,000+ sf scan is complete.

Best remedy I've found is a remarkable external battery that non only keeps the iPad Pro running but actually recharges it at the same time, its output is so strong. Here's the rig and how we use it.

Be sure to use a USB-C to USB-C short cable as the USB-C output from this battery has the most power.

iPad Pro 11 Case 2020 & 2018 w/Apple Pencil Holder, Military Grade 15ft Drop Tested Heavy Duty Silicone Protective Tablet Cover
clickable text

Wireless Portable Charger 30,800mAh 15W Wireless Charging 25W PD QC4.0 Fast Charging Smart LED Display USB-C Power Bank
clickable text

If anyone wonders what I'm doing awake at 2:45am, it's to watch the Crew-4 Dragon launch by NASA / Space X. I'm old enough to have grown up wide-eyed watching the Apollo trips to the moon, and the wonder of living at a time when our life on Earth took its first baby steps off this precious planet - still amazes me.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Home3D
If anyone wonders what I'm doing awake at 2:45am, it's to watch the Crew-4 Dragon launch by NASA / Space X. I'm old enough to have grown up wide-eyed watching the Apollo trips to the moon, and the wonder of living at a time when our life on Earth took its first baby steps off this precious planet - still amazes me.

@Home3D

Actually, I was wondering

Thanks for sharing both the portable charger and iPad holder tips!

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
101767 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?