Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
eCommerceLive ChatOpenhausShopping CartTranscript

Transcript: WGAN-TV How to Add a Shopping Cart to Matterport with Openhaus16742

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Openhaus website | Openhaus for Matterport Pros website

Openhaus iOS App

Video: Openhaus Shoppable 3D Experiences with Openhaus Co-Founder Carson Clement | Video courtesy of Carson YouTube Channel | February 2022

Example Openhaus 3D tour provided by Openhaus

WGAN-TV: How to Add a Shopping Cart - and Live Shopping Events - to Matterport Tours powered by Openhaus | Guest: Openhaus Co-Founder Carson Clement | Episode: 142 | Thursday, 21 April 2022 | www.openhaus.app

WGAN-TV: How to Add a Shopping Cart - and Live Shopping Events - to Matterport Tours powered by Openhaus

Hi All,

[Transcript below]

1. How do you (easily) change prices on merchandise within a Matterport tour?
2. How do you (easily) integrate a retail store shopping cart within a Matterport tour?
3. How do you (easily) add livestreaming shopping events within a Matterport tour?

Watch a deep-dive demo on Thursday, April 21, 2022 on:

WGAN-TV Live at 5: How to Add a Shopping Cart - and Live Shopping Events - to Matterport Tours powered by Openhaus

My guest will be:

Openhaus Co-Founder Carson Clement (@openhaus_carson)

Openhaus demo will include:

1. Front-end shopping experience within a Matterport tour | Openhaus Tour Example
2. Back-end content management system
3. Augmented Reality (AR) integration for how products will look in your home
4. Openhaus iOS App

Topics for discussion include:

1. How to (easily) keep product pricing synced with Shopify (and other eCommerce platforms)
2. How to integrate a shopping cart within a Matterport tour
3. Metrics available (and how to access)
4. Sharing features (including: QR Code; embedding; links; social sharing)

Use Cases for Discussion:

1. Retail and Showrooms
2. Tradeshows
3. eCommerce
4. Media
5. Entertainment
6. Interior Design | Design Loves Detail Example
7. Real Estate | The Old House on Main Example
8. Matterport Pros

Special Offer for WGAN Standard and Premium Members

✓ Receive the free use of Openhaus | Complete this WGAN Form for Openhaus (Need Password? Private Message @DanSmigrod)

Openhaus Offer for All

Start Openhaus 30-day Free Trial (no credit card required)

Best,

Dan

Openhaus Links

1. Openhaus website
2. Openhaus for Matterport Pros website
3. Start Openhaus 30-day Free Trial (no credit card required)
4. Talk to Openhaus Sales website
5. Openhaus Vimeo Channel (Carson)
6. Openhaus on LinkedIn
7. Openhaus Co-Founder Carson Clement
8. Openhaus Co-Founder Tosch Trumen
9. Openhaus Tour Example
10. Openhaus iOS App
11. Openhaus on Twitter
12. Openhaus YouTube Channel
13. Openhaus on Facebook
14. Openhaus on Pinterest

---

---

WGAN-TV: How to Add a Shopping Cart - and Live Shopping Events - to Matterport Tours powered by Openhaus | Guest: Openhaus Co-Founder Carson Clement | Episode: 142 | Thursday, 21 April 2022 | www.openhaus.app

WGAN Forum Podcast #94

Transcript (Video Above)

[00:00:03]
Dan Smigrod: How do you easily change prices on merchandise within a Matterport Tour? How do you easily integrate a retail store shopping cart within a Matterport Tour? How do you easily add livestreaming shopping events within a Matterport Tour? Stay tuned!

Hi all, I'm Dan Smigrod, Founder of the We Get Around Network Forum.

Today is Thursday, April 21, 2022, and you're watching WGAN-TV Live at 5. We have an awesome show for you today: How to Add a Shopping Cart – and Live Shopping Events – to Matterport Tours powered by Openhaus.

Our guest today is Carson Clement. Hey, Carson, Thanks for being on the show.

[00:00:52]
Carson Clement: Thanks Dan. My pleasure. It's an honor.

[00:00:54]
Dan Smigrod: Carson is one of the co-founders of Openhaus. Their website: www.openhaus.app Carson, I thought it would be awesome if we just jump into a demo. I want to really do three personas today:

1) Someone who's shopping within a Matterport Tour. Once we're done with that, I want to ask you about,

2) someone who is a retail or e-commerce merchant so that we see the front-end from their experience as well as the back-end of Openhaus. Then, 3) from a Matterport Pro's perspective. That sounds like a plan?

[00:01:38]
Carson Clement: Perfect. Sounds like a good plan to me.

[00:01:39]
Dan Smigrod: Awesome. If you could, share your screen and take us through a Matterport Tour powered by Openhaus to show us what a retail shopping experience feels like within a Matterport Tour.

[00:01:54]
Carson Clement: Absolutely. Let me share my screen here. Then before I move around and jump in here. When we started Openhaus we wanted to help people,

1) create the best 3D shopping experiences that we could.

Everything that we do at Openhaus is really focused on basically helping people turn their Matterport Tour into a 3D virtual shopping experience.

As I go through this, we'll talk about some of the problems that we're facing using a Matterport Tour. But that's really our focus. I think because this audience is really aware of what a Matterport Tour is,

2) you can think of Openhaus as a commerce layer on top of Matterport. Our goal is to build the best commerce layer possible on top of a Matterport Tour. Jumping into the first persona that you mentioned, Dan.

(I have to apologize too. I'm going to be sipping on water throughout. It is in full bloom here in Texas, so my allergies are a little crazy, but hopefully my voice doesn't crack too much.)

But anyways, what you're looking at right here it's an influencer's home.

We work a lot with retailers and also with influencers who share their homes and just a variety of different people. But they all have one thing in common.

They want to create a 3D shopping experience of their space, whether it's their living room, the retail store, their trade show booth, etc. Put yourself in the shoes of a follower of this woman named Mollie Openshaw. This is her living room that she created in coordination with a brand called Austin Avenue.

She created a 3D shopping experience from her living room. Her followers love her design, they love her aesthetic, and they love her product recommendations.

As I'm taken into Mollie's living room right here, I can walk around and shop the products inside. What she's done is in partnership with Austin Avenue, she has tagged products inside of her home that she is featured here.

If I click on, for example, this oversized coffee table right here, you can see as I click on the product tag, the product modal appears and I can see the price, the name, the description, and I can add it to my cart. I'm done with that. I'll just keep exploring this little living room space.

[00:04:37]
Carson Clement: Let me mute this. You can see up here in the top-right Mollie is actually walking me through her living room and talking to me about the products that are inside here. Let's suppose I want to also shop for this pillow right here.

I'll click on this pillow. Same exact thing. I'll add it to my cart and exit the product model.

It's pretty self-explanatory, but as a user, I can shop Mollie's space. Mollie created a 3D Matterport Tour, tagged the products inside and, basically what she's done, she's told her followers to go and explore her space on their own time. It's basically the closest thing Mollie can get to actually having someone come and visit and shop inside of her living room.

When I'm done as a user, I can click my cart right here. I can see the products that I've added to my cart and then I can proceed to checkout.

A couple of other features I'll point out too, from a user perspective, if I'm walking around and shopping inside of Mollie's home here. I can click on this product's icon right here and I can actually see all of the products that have been tagged in this space right here, so I can navigate to them easily.

Then I can also, along with this video, I can make it bigger, smaller, mute and unmute, etc. From, I guess, persona number one, just a user walking around and shopping inside of a space.

[00:06:14]
Dan Smigrod: I see something in the bottom right corner, SAVE.

[00:06:18]
Carson Clement: This is a feature that we're testing right now. There we go, perfect.

This will actually SAVE what you're looking at. We're testing this feature with a couple of people right now. Because I'm logged into my Openhaus account, I click SAVE and it will actually SAVE what I'm looking at to my Openhaus account.

Like I said, we're rolling that out, testing it with some people. But it allows you to save what you're looking at, save ideas as you go along. The button right above that is obviously a share button.

I can easily get a link to copy and share that with a friend if I wanted to. Did I miss anything, Dan, any questions that I can answer?

[00:07:06]
Dan Smigrod: There was something in the top left. Maybe you'll talk about that from Mollie's perspective. Yes. I can see it says Austin Avenue. I see Utah. I see "A Flip House."

[00:07:21]
Carson Clement: Correct. What you're looking at in the top-left, like I mentioned, Mollie did this in coordination with a brand called, Austin Avenue, and so it's Austin Avenue branding. That is just the logo of the brand that sponsored this experience. "A Flip House" is just the name of the space that Mollie gave it and it just indicates that it's located here: in Utah.

[00:07:49]
Dan Smigrod: If you clicked on Utah, would it take you to a map and you'd find Mollie's home if she chose to put, let's say, an actual retail store address?

[00:07:58]
Carson Clement: Not right now, but I think that's great feedback. I think that'll be cool. We actually have had some retailers ask, "how can we get a contact form or a Google Maps integration to get directions to the space to visit in person."

[00:08:13]
Dan Smigrod: I think that segues into, from Mollie's perspective of what we're looking at.

[00:08:19]
Carson Clement: Yeah. I'm actually going to switch this up and go to a different retailer for the second persona that you mentioned at the top, Dan, from the perspective of a brand or a retailer. Just to set the stage here.

This is one of our customers here in Texas. They're called Scout Design Studio. What we did is helped them turn their retail store and their showroom into a 3D shopping experience.

Just like I demoed with Mollie's home, I can walk around the Scout Design Studio space and shop the products that they have staged in their retail store.

From the perspective of Scout Design Studio, I think there are basically three problems that a retailer or someone that wanted to make a tour shoppable, there's three problems that they were faced with and that we're trying to solve here at Openhaus.

1) The first issue is actual shoppability; actually being able to add to a cart and checkout from inside of a Matterport Tour.

Everyone that we've talked to up to this point said that was one of the things holding them back was that before Openhaus, most of the experiences shopping-wise with Matterport was basically just a MatterTag was on a product and then you had to link out and go view that product on a different webpage and you were taken away from the experience and that wasn't desirable. We already demonstrated that as I'm walking around the space, I can click "Add to Cart" and it all stays within the tour.

I'm not leaving. I don't have to go to a different product page.

2) Problem number two that we faced with creating the shopping experience is product data. If you put yourself in the shoes of Scout Design Studio. If you've ever tagged a lot of MatterTags in a space before, you know it can take a long time.

Also with product catalog data, there are a lot of data vectors to keep up or to actually put inside of a space. For this Scout Design Studio showroom, for example when we help them create this experience, there's actually 500+ tags inside of this space.

They've tagged 500+ products inside of here. When you think about how each product has multiple data vectors, what I mean by data vectors is each product has multiple details that make it a product.

For example, if I click on this sofa right here, it has the brand name, has a product name, has a price, has a description. It has an inventory count that you don't see here. It has a weight, it has shipping options. I could go on and on.

Basically, each product itself has about 10 to 20 [data fields], even depending on the storage setup. 10 to 20 details of data that need to be imported into a 3D shopping experience and then kept up-to-date.

For this Scout Design Studio showroom, like I said, they tagged 500+ products inside this space. If each of those products has 10 details that need to be present, actually make it a product 10 times 500 we're at 5,000 individual data points that need to be brought into this space in order to make it an actual shopping experience.

If you've tagged a space before Openhaus, copying and pasting 5,000 different product details into a Matterport Tour, as you can imagine, is pretty time-consuming. That's problem number two, is the product data involved.

There's so much product data in order to create a 3D shopping experience, to create it in general, but then also to keep it up. From Scout Design Studio perspective, we've helped them connect their Shopify store to their Openhaus account to make that product data available inside of the space and to keep it up-to-date. I can show you right here...

[00:12:29]
Dan Smigrod: Before you go into the back-end, could I just trouble you? Go back to the front-end on that. Just from Scouts' perspective; because there is some real estate here. There's something in the top right, there's something in the top-left. What's their perspective on those elements?

[00:12:51]
Carson Clement: Just on the user interface in general?

[00:12:55]
Dan Smigrod: I imagine that they like having their logo in the top-left?

[00:13:00]
Carson Clement: Correct. 3) that was problem number three that I was going to address. The third issue with creating these spaces was, brands really want to have a branded experience and so whether you're on Scout Design Studio website, Scout's Instagram, Scout's Tik Tok, or inside of Scout's 3D shopping experience.

They want it to be brand cohesive. What we've helped them do and what we help our customers do is actually really make this seem like a brand cohesive experience. Up top, we're actually using Scout Design Studio's colors.

We're using Scout Design Studio's fonts from their website. Obviously you can see our [on brand] MatterTags.

We have a custom Scout Design Studio's [MatterTag] that marks the products. Then I think I mentioned we have their fonts, colors, etc. Logo in the top to basically make this seem like a really brand cohesive experience when you're going from their website to this experience, etc.

[00:14:05]
Dan Smigrod: Lastly, before we go to the back-end, the top right where it says Openhaus.

[00:14:10]
Carson Clement: Yes. Depending on the requirements of the customer.

Basically, what this will do is it will just link out to Openhaus' website and leave you powered by Openhaus. It's our opportunity, I guess, to show that we helped power this. But depending on your pricing plan, etc, we can also hide any Openhaus branding as well, but that wasn't a priority for Scout Design Studio in this case.

[00:14:44]
Dan Smigrod: Great. Carson, if we could take a look at the back-end because, yes, I've added a lot of MatterTags to a Matterport Tour. More importantly, I've had clients who've then changed what they wanted. I'm really curious how you manage 500 MatterTags that have 10 pieces of data or 5,000 fields?

[00:15:13]
Carson Clement: Yeah, absolutely. I just remembered too, Dan, and I think you'll find this really helpful too. Before I jump into the back-end, one thing I failed to highlight and I need to go back to, this is a previous version of their space, but we think this is really important because you might have inside of a Matterport Tour, you might have a lot of products in one small location.

Sometimes it might make more sense for you to have one tag for multiple products and so hopefully I'm clicking on the right one here, but here is an example of what we call a product group. Rather than this wall having dozens of tags on it, this wall actually has one tag.

If I click on it, you can see all of the books that have been tagged or that appear on this wall. When you have a small space with lots of small items, these product groups can also really help improve the experience for a retailer in their experience.

That was just one other point I wanted to show. Going into the back-end, this is called our Openhaus portal. It's basically where our clients manage all things Openhaus.

This is my dashboard. We're working on our metrics product, which we hope to launch either by the end of this month or mid-May. But as I scroll down, I'll just highlight a couple of different things here. One is my spaces, two is my accounts.

This isn't necessarily applicable to Scout's design, but we'll get into what accounts are here in a bit, I'm sure. I can also manage my custom styles and I can manage my commerce connections, orders that have been placed through Openhaus.

We have a little capture tool that helps you capture some, some 2D images inside of the space. But the point we were on was the commerce connection.

As I mentioned, Scout Design Studio, they use Shopify for their ecommerce back-end, until I click Manage commerce. It's like Scout Design Studio and you can see that I can manage my Shopify connection here and I'm connected to Scout Design Studio. Just saying that we have a connection made here. We have a different cadence depending on the needs of the brands for how often we sync their product catalog with their Openhaus account.

But anyways, that happens automatically, but I can also manually sync if I needed to, right here.

[00:17:54]
Dan Smigrod: I think what I heard is you could schedule how often this sync takes place or perhaps when it takes place.

[00:18:02]
Carson Clement: Correct? Depending on the needs of the business, it can take significant computing resources to basically sync these product catalogs depending on how big. Some may only be dozens of products, some maybe tens of thousands of products.

But depending on how often you need that product data to be synced and up-to-date instead of your 3D experiences. We just schedule that out when we help you get set up on Openhaus.

[00:18:32]
Dan Smigrod: Just to clarify for someone that I know we're going to talk about Matterport Pros when we complete talking about it from a retailer's perspective. But let's not make an assumption that everyone understands syncing. What does that mean? Why does that matter?

[00:18:54]
Carson Clement: Great question. Basically, I guess if you haven't come from an e-commerce or a retail perspective or background, you might not know, but these brands and these retailers are actually updating their product data fairly frequently.

What I mean by that is product prices might change if something goes on sale, product descriptions might change. Inventory level obviously changes and whether a product is in stock or out-of-stock. That changes very frequently. There's always a need.

One of the biggest problems in e-commerce is the ability to sync your product catalog data, meaning product descriptions, prices, inventories, etc. with your shopping experiences.

The reason why we need to sync or update your product catalog inside of Openhaus is because if you're a brand using Shopify and you put products on sale, that change in the price does not magically just appear everywhere.

They're actually needs to be some data synchronization that takes place between your Shopify product catalog and your shoppable Matterport Tour. You can think of Openhaus, basically a bridge between your Shopify or whatever ecommerce catalog you have and your Matterport Tour.

If on a daily or weekly basis or even hourly basis, you need to update your product data inside of your Matterport Tour. We make that really, really seamless.

As I mentioned, Dan, when I was showing you Scout Design Studio space, you might have 5,000 different details that you need to make sure are up-to-date in your product catalog versus your Matterport Tour. That's really just impossible to do if you're trying to do it manually and change those MatterTags yourself inside of the Matterport Tour dashboard.

[00:20:58]
Dan Smigrod: Excuse me, what happens if I don't have a Shopify account? I'm a retailer or an e-commerce business and I use a different platform.

[00:21:10]
Carson Clement: Great question. We are working our hardest to create integrations with all major shopping platforms or e-commerce platforms. We started with Shopify, but we're actively working on an integration with Magento and an integration with BigCommerce, which are essentially Shopify competitors.

But in the meantime, if you want to get up and going with Openhaus before we have an integration for, say, Magento, we actually have this option down here that you can see where you can add an update products via CSV file.

Basically this allows you to just download a CSV file from your e-commerce platform, which most of them make it really easy to do. Then you can upload that file here and it will automatically either add the products to Openhaus to make available for you, or update those products if they're already in our catalog.

[00:22:10]
Dan Smigrod: Great.

[00:22:12]
Carson Clement: Just touching on this point, I just really want to emphasize how important this product data synchronization is. Scout Design Studio is a great example of why this is important. Scout Design Studio, they sell several different types of products, but I'm going to navigate to the back of the store here to show you what I'm trying to get at. They sell multiple different types of products.

Some of those products they actually can replenish inventory for. If it's a print or something, they can actually get more inventory for it if they sell-out. But a lot of their products, and you can tell just by looking around, they have some really unique vintage products that once they sell the one they have on the floor, it's gone.

The reason why that's an issue is because they have multiple channels, multiple ways of selling that. If someone in the retail store sells this in-person to a customer, that product can no longer be available for sale on the website, on social media or inside of their Matterport Tour. Just as a demonstration of this, when we actually initially created this 3D shopping experience with Scout Design Studio.

All of these products that you see right here were tagged. All of these vintage side tables and nightstands were tagged. But because those products were sold inside of either on their website or through the tour, etc.

Because those products were sold and effectively inventory went to zero because they're using Openhaus, those MatterTags as product tags were automatically hidden, so a person that's visiting this 3D experience wouldn't be able to purchase those because they don't have inventory for it.

Obviously, that helps make customers less angry if they purchase a product that they actually aren't allowed to purchase.

That's, I guess, just a visual representation of why this product data synchronization is so important because inventory levels, prices, descriptions, etc. This data changes throughout the days and weeks of operating your e-commerce business.

[00:24:36]
Carson Clement: A couple of other things on that here real fast is, from Scout Design Studio perspective, I can come in and when we set this up with a customer, we help them customize their styles and just make it look exactly how they want.

But if I wanted to change a little bit, a little detail here and there on how it's looking, we make it really easy – in here – to come in and change your styles, change the logo that's up here in the corner, change the tag icons, etc.

Then the last thing I'll show too inside of this Openhaus portal is managing spaces. When I click Manage spaces, you can see they have two showrooms.

They've updated their showroom. I'll click on this version of the showroom. As I scroll down, you can see I have a few options here. They just elected to have one room inside of their showroom.

But if they wanted to split that up into multiple rooms or areas inside of the showroom, those would appear here. I'll keep scrolling and you can see all of the products that have been tagged in this space.

If I click Load more, it'll show me more products that have been tagged. Then you can see the product groups that have been tagged and informational tags, I guess non-product tags that appear on this base to make it really easy to basically see all of the information, all of the product tags, etc. that have been added to a space.

We make it easier to see all those and manage all of those right here. I'd love to show you in just a second about how we've really, we talked about how to keep product data up-to-date. But it's important to also know that we can make all of that product data available in the tagging process, which speeds things up pretty significantly.

As I scroll down and I click, I see products in this space, I'll click Add products, I'll choose a room.

The only room in this one is the showroom here. I'm taken to the Add product screen, but there's an option here for me to use a Connected Store, which I just showed. We have Scout Design Studio and Shopify connected here. Let me just move this real fast.

What you can see here is I can now add products directly inside of the showroom from right here. I have noticed in this space, there was a product over here that has not been tagged yet. That is this Caviar Imperial Beluga sign right here.

I just want to show you an example of what tagging this sign would look like if you were working for Scout Design Studio. Let me get a better view of it.

On the left side, what I'll do is I'll click "Choose Product". Then what I'll do is I'll search, so I'm searching my product catalog right now. I know this has the brand word Caviar in it. I search Caviar and it looks like this is the large Caviar Imperial [sign] right here. I can either choose an existing tag, excuse me.

I can either choose an existing tag in the space to represent that product, or I can actually add a new tag. I click "Add new tag". I can place this tag right here close to the product.

Then this little button just saves the best view of that product. You can tag up to nine products at a time. I will click right here. It looks like this product actually appears twice, so we'll just go ahead and tag the same product.

This version, click "New Tag", tag it right there. Save the view. Anyways, like I said, you can tag up to nine at a time. I'll click "Next". Those products have been added to the space. As you can tell, Dan, you have tagged a lot of Matterport spaces before because we have that product catalog connected directly to the Matterport tagging experience.

You don't have to copy and paste any of that product data, you just click a product, you choose your product, and you place a tag.

All of that data that represents that product is now added to that MatterTag and it'll actually be available to you when you're viewing the 3D experience. We're pretty excited about it because it saves a lot of time tagging, but then also keeping that product data up-to-date. We're working with a new client and they are pretty similar to Scout Design Studio they're a furniture company.

They have these huge showrooms. They told us when they first started doing Matterport and tagging all of their showrooms, they said, in order for them to tag a showroom and have all the product data available inside of it it would take them about two weeks to do so, to have basically full-time someone two weeks tagging that space and making the products available inside of the Matterport.

We just finished tagging a space with them and we were able to cut that two weeks down to about four to five hours. We want to cut it down even more than that, but some definite time savings come from integrating your shopping platform with Openhaus.

Let me show a couple of examples inside of our Openhaus portal as well, from Scout Design Studio. What's important is sometimes I think we can be better at sharing Matterport experiences, sharing Matterport Tours.

What I mean by that is making them available inside of an Instagram story or inside of a webpage, or inside of a mobile app. Inside of your Openhaus portal, when I'm looking at this space right here, I can actually click this Share button and I can get a few different options for sharing. I can get a URL for an iFrame.

I can embed it on a webpage, share it using a link, share it using a QR code, or I can embed it in WordPress.

I showed you how we have the rooms and the products here. You can do basically the same options. If I shared up here, it would just kind of share the entire space and you would just be taken directly to where the tour starts.

But for rooms, I can do the same thing. Imagine there were multiple rooms in this space. I click "Share", I have the same sharing options, but the difference is that it will actually just share the room instead of the entire space.

We'll actually start the tour inside of that room. Same here with products. If I click "Share", share using a link instead of just starting the tour anywhere randomly or where the tour starting location is. If I share using this product button right here, it will actually start the tour by taking me directly to that product's location.

Like I said, that's important because these Matterport experiences they're a lot to digest for the generic consumer. But you can picture it as Scout Design Studio, they created an Instagram story talking about this Amble Sofa.

With their Openhaus portal, it's really easy if they wanted to let their Instagram followers see that Amble Sofa inside of their showroom they can come here, click "Share", share using the link and they can copy this link right here.

Then when I go view that experience on Instagram or via this link on Instagram, it will take me directly to that sofa. I think that I guess covers the basics for persona number two, Dan, from the perspective of a retailer. But anything you can think of that I missed here are any questions?

[00:32:45]
Dan Smigrod: Yes. Could you go back to the front page of the Openhaus portal?

[00:32:49]
Carson Clement: Yes.

[00:32:51]
Dan Smigrod: There were some other elements there. Could you talk about what is a live event and how will that work and when is that coming?

[00:32:59]
Carson Clement: Yes, great question. We will be supporting live events inside of Matterport spaces. We're starting to do some Beta testing on that in May. Am I still sharing my screen?

[00:33:14]
Dan Smigrod: I took you out of sharing. I'm sorry. Was there something else you wanted to show while talking about that?

[00:33:19]
Carson Clement: No. I just wanted to make sure I didn't mess something up. Starting in May, we'll start doing some Beta testing with live shopping experiences, live events inside of a space.

What that will allow an Openhaus user inside of the Openhaus portal, they can click on the live events section and schedule a livestream event inside of their space.

They'll pick a day and a time and what space it will be inside of and then on that date and time, they can actually host a livestream shopping event inside of their space.

I think a good example of what this will look like is that first example I showed you of Mollie's living room.

The video that was playing up in the corner was a pre-recorded video that Mollie created. But when we support livestream shopping events inside of these Openhaus spaces, you can picture that pre-recorded video will actually be replaced with a livestream.

It'll be really fun, really engaging. Mollie can basically walk around and interact with her followers or her audience as they're actually walking around the space virtually.

As I mentioned, we're testing this in May with a few influencers and a couple of retailers that have said they're interested in it, but May will still be our Beta testing period.

But we have room, I guess, for a couple of other people that may be interested in Beta testing. If live events resonate with you, or maybe a client that you have, we definitely love to add you to that Beta testing in May.

[00:34:57]
Dan Smigrod: Carson before we move on to Matterport Pros.

[00:35:05]
Dan Smigrod: (I think your pollen from Texas has made its way to Atlanta.) The livestreaming feature we've been discussing in terms of retail, shopping, e-commerce.

I could imagine the Openhaus platform has other verticals that play nice with Openhaus. Just as an example, what is your vision for Openhaus livestreaming meets real estate for sale or lease or rent?

[00:35:41]
Carson Clement: That's a great question. I think our vision for that is it can be summed up in, we want to support it. When you think of livestreaming, most of the time, you think of a one-to-many, like one-person streaming to dozens or hundreds of people.

But we're building our livestream product out in a way that can make it be a more private, intimate conversation between one-to-one or one-to-few people. I think that it really has a couple of great applications.

One is in a real estate sense. If you have a real estate property that you would like to do virtual in showings with, we would love to help, I guess real estate agents do that. It's already built into the core of our product that we would support that.

For commercial real estate or residential real estate or any property that you have a need to be virtually inside of that Matterport Tour with someone, we definitely want to support that. Go ahead.

[00:36:48]
Dan Smigrod: If I'm a real estate agent and I have an open house on Sunday from 2-4 pm and that's a physical open house, I might have a member of our team do the virtual 'Openhaus' at the same time.

[00:37:06]
Carson Clement: Exactly. I think where this one-to-one or one-to-few live event application exists too is with a brand that has high-ticket items, so really expensive furniture, or even vehicles.

Any retail or showroom location that has high-ticket items, I think there is a need and a desire. We've had people request the ability to basically take a customer into a showroom virtually and walk around a showroom, look at products together and chat about those because that customer wants a white-glove shopping experience. I think that's right in line with the type of experience you're talking about.

[00:37:56]
Dan Smigrod: You mentioned integrations with shopping platforms like Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento, even other platforms. Are there other integrations that Openhaus is doing with other third-parties?

[00:38:13]
Carson Clement: Yeah. That's a great question. One integration that we're focused on right now is actually AR product models. I actually had a tab pulled up here, I can show you what that looks like.

[00:38:27]
Dan Smigrod: Yeah. That'd be great.

[00:38:30]
Carson Clement: Let's see here.

[00:38:32]
Dan Smigrod: You mentioned AR, augmented reality. I imagine if we're looking at a piece of furniture and we're curious, what does that furniture look like in our physical home, so if I'm in my living room and you were to call up a piece of furniture I imagine what you're about to demo is an augmented reality experience where I could see a specific piece of furniture augmented into my actual physical living room that I am in.

[00:39:01]
Carson Clement: Yeah. Exactly. You're on spot on there, Dan.

Openhaus is a really useful tool for a retailer or a brand because it helps provide more context to a furniture product. Naturally because if I'm shopping for this couch, for example, I'm going to have a lot more buyer confidence in this couch purchasing it from this brand.

If I can walk around and see it styled in someone's home or in a showroom I get a lot more buyer confidence in the product I'm buying. This helps brands reduce returns. It helps them reduce churn, etc. because I actually know a lot more about the product that I'm about to purchase.

But a step even above that, viewing it in someone else's space or viewing it in a showroom is actually being able to view it in your own.

What we've done is, there's a company called SeekXR that we integrate with, but we're also integrating with other AR modeling platforms. Inside of this product tag right here for this couch, you can see there's actually an extra button than we saw in some of the earlier examples.

I still have my Add to Cart button, but I actually have my View in Your Space button.

When I click on this what it does is it will actually pull up the AR model of this product so I can mess around with it on here, spin it around, see what it's all about. But if I'm viewing this on my phone or even on the computer I can actually preview it in my space, so I'll click "View in Your Space."

I'm given a QR code that you can actually scan on your phone. What it will allow you to do is using your smartphone place that AR model inside of your own living room to see what this couch might look like if you were to add it to your living room.

I encourage anyone who's watching to all even zoom in a little bit so the QR code is bigger. But this is fully functional right now. You can scan this QR code with your phone and preview this couch inside of your space.

[00:41:15]
Dan Smigrod: It's going to be too big for my studio. But that's awesome. Even if you're watching WGAN-TV Live at 5 on-demand on a different day will that QR code still work?

[00:41:29]
Carson Clement: Yes. These QR codes are persistent and so basically this QR code, if you've watched this recording it should work the same as if you're watching it live right now.

[00:41:41]
Dan Smigrod: Great. Let's close that. That means; is it the manufacturer of that sofa or that retail store or someone has had to work with the SeekXR platform to digitize that piece of furniture and that becomes another field in the database.

[00:42:07]
Carson Clement: Correct. SeekXR is just an example of one AR platform that we've partnered with.

But essentially, when we approach a brand, say like Scout Design Studio or another physical goods brand, we make it really easy with either SeekXR or one of our other partners to create those AR models.

If you have them already we can integrate them with your 3D shopping experiences. If you don't have AR models of your products, but you do want them then we make it really easy to do that either through us or one of our partners.

[00:42:43]
Dan Smigrod: Just parenthetically, is that any harder than downloading an app that creates 3D models of physical objects and taking a bazillion pictures around the object, and then those pictures get stitched together to form that 3D model? Is that essentially what's happening?

[00:42:59]
Carson Clement: Yeah. That's exactly what's happening.

[00:43:01]
Dan Smigrod: It's not that far. It's not a leap to say that a client could actually do that with their product.

Maybe if you're talking to IKEA and maybe they have the entire library of every piece of furniture and nicknack is a 3D model. But for a piece of furniture that maybe is antique, there's no CAD file that exists when that piece of furniture was created. It's still possible to use an everyday app to create a 3D model. It's not an overwhelming experience.

[00:43:36]
Carson Clement: Yes. Exactly. That's a great point, is that most of this AR 3D modeling that happens now is actually done using technology like you described.

Most of it is not being used from the CAD file that was created when they were designing the product initially, most of it is actually being created aftermarket, meaning they'll take a physical object either using a phone or whatever camera, a LiDAR supported camera, they'll scan the object and turn that into a 3D model. I think there's Sketchfab, there's SeekXR, there's lots of different providers that help a company do this.

But I think what some of the challenges are is, what is the CDN, for that meaning, what is the Content Delivery Network? It's one thing to actually create the 3D model but actually being able to manage several 100 of those –

[00:44:35]
Dan Smigrod: Ah! It needs to be on a platform where it's hosted. Just like a video is hosted on YouTube or Vimeo, the 3D object needs to be hosted on a platform, say like Sketchfab.

[00:44:45]
Carson Clement: Exactly.

[00:44:46]
Dan Smigrod: Then served up and inserted. There's a lot of back-end magic taking place at Openhaus to make what you just showed us with the QR code, easy, fast and seamless to see that sofa in my studio and immediately know that it's not going to fit.

[00:45:02]
Carson Clement: Exactly.

[00:45:02]
Dan Smigrod: Maybe for the retailer – the expense of shipping it to me and me shipping it back.

[00:45:07]
Carson Clement: Exactly. I guess just technically speaking, how that works for us is similar to how you have a product thumbnail, URL, or a price.

Just when you're thinking about this product in a database like Openhaus's database we just have a simple field that allows the URL to the AR model, and then we use that to make it really easy to display in that product pop-up that you just saw.

[00:45:32]
Dan Smigrod: Cool. Carson, that whole augmented reality conversation was sparked by the question, are there any other integrations that Openhaus is doing? I want to ask that question again. Are there yet other integrations that you're working on today?

[00:45:50]
Carson Clement: Yes, definitely. I think the other one that I think is worth noting right now is everything shopping right now we've talked about, up to this point has been physical products.

We have multiple clients that were I guess multiple pre-clients, people that we are talking with before they become our clients that have needs to actually sell digital goods inside of their space.

That includes a couple of things. One that can be actually selling a software subscription or actually purchasing a digital good, meaning a, like a 3D object or NFT, and so we are in talks with a couple of brands that have those requirements and so we're scoping that out technically, and I'm sure that's going to be something we offer in the future.

The near future is actually the ability to place a digital object inside of the space and purchase that inside of that space.

[00:46:51]
Dan Smigrod: Okay, Cool. Anything in particular for interior designers, in terms of integrations?

[00:46:59]
Carson Clement: Yeah. We have worked with a few different interior design firms up to this point. Most of it has been in the context of they have their own showroom where they have products curated.

We are working right now with a company called Side Door, and Side Door is actually, what's the best way to describe it?

Basically what Side Door does is they help aggregate all of the different furniture suppliers that are out there and then help interior designers sell those furniture suppliers' products to their design clients.

We actually integrate with Side Door and their platform, so if an interior designer has a showroom or a home that they've designed, we work with Side Door and the interior designer to identify what the product is and who the supplier is, and then also make those products purchasable in an e-commerce sense for their design clients.

[00:48:01]
Dan Smigrod: I could imagine if I was an interior decorator and interior designer, that essentially I get to pick furniture that somebody else is managing, the description, the inventory.

I don't have to have my own. I don't need to stock 27 sofas in my living room ready to ship, when someone places an order, there's actually a third-party company that takes care of everything you just talked about, which is, we have it in inventory and we can ship it for you and we can give you all the product description and all the photography related to it.

All of a sudden, it sounds like I could be an interior designer and all of a sudden having an entirely new revenue stream, not just the house that I designed, the interior design that I did for a client.

But now anybody can be buying everything that's in that house. But I didn't have to figure out how to do that. There's a third-party company that does that. Side Door?

[00:49:10]
Carson Clement: Exactly. Yep and we integrate.

[00:49:12]
Dan Smigrod: Side Door? Side Doors?

[00:49:14]
Carson Clement: Singular: Side Door.

[00:49:16]
Dan Smigrod: Side Door.

[00:49:18]
Carson Clement: We have a great relationship with Side Door and integrate with them, and like you said, Dan, I think what's cool for interior designers, there are so many different reasons why they would use Matterport for a record of their work as a 3D portfolio of their work, etc.

But by helping them actually locate the manufacturer of those products and tag them inside and make it shoppable.

It allows the Matterport Tour to actually be a revenue-generating asset as well. Just beyond the historical or the archive benefits that can actually be a new revenue stream, a passive revenue stream.

[00:50:03]
Dan Smigrod: Awesome. I'm a Matterport Service Provider, a Matterport Pro. I've just looked at this presentation on Openhaus, what does this mean to me? What should I be thinking as I look at Openhaus?

[00:50:22]
Carson Clement: Yeah, totally so inside of the Openhaus portal, what I showed you thus far is basically from the perspective of being a single retailer or a single person that has one brand.

However, we're really excited about what we call Openhaus Pro, and it's basically a new version of Openhaus or Openhaus portal product, but it's more self-serve and basically built for Matterport Service Providers to be able to leverage all of the features of Openhaus that we've talked about, but for their clients.

When I was walking around our Openhaus portal showing you, if you don't mind, Dan, I can actually just show it again here. I think it's –

[00:51:07]
Dan Smigrod: Yes, please that would be great.

[00:51:11]
Carson Clement: Okay, let's see. Right here. I'm back inside of my Openhaus portal. I guess picture yourself instead of being a Scout Design Studio, picture yourself being a Matterport Service Provider. It says, "Welcome back, Matterport Service Provider."

You can see right here, I have this accounts option, so I'll click "Manage accounts" and because Scout Design Studio is only using Openhaus for themselves, they only have one account.

But as a Matterport Service Provider, you actually can create an account for all of your clients inside of your Openhaus portal.

If I click "Add Account" right here, It's really easy for me to add a client account and that will appear right here in my list of accounts and why that's important is because as I showed you here, if I scroll down and I click on "Custom styles," I'll choose the account that I want to manage custom styles for.

Imagine I've Scout Design Studio as one of my clients and a real estate agent as another one of my clients and I also have a hospitality group as another one of my clients.

All of your client accounts would actually appear here. I can actually manage the styles of all my client accounts. I can come in, change how the tour looks for that client. Change what tags look like.

Change the corner radius is: all of these different details to help match the client's styling. Then I can actually help manage commerce for that client if that's a need for them, etc.

Essentially what Openhaus Pro is, it takes our Openhaus portal experience and makes it more self-serve for a Matterport Service Provider so that they can leverage all of these tools that we've created for their clients.

[00:53:08]
Dan Smigrod: I have about 1,000 questions based on that. The first is, can I, as a Matterport Service Provider, add my clients shopping cart API to manage this? Is that all I need to do in order to enable e-commerce; so today, Shopify is one of the platforms supported.

If I have a store that is using Shopify, it might be just asking them for their Shopify API key?

[00:53:44]
Carson Clement: Yeah, great question. You actually don't even need to share API keys, if you are working with a client that uses Shopify.

Essentially what you would do is that the client can add you as a Collaborator on their Shopify store.

If I click on the "Manage commerce" button and I go to that client, I can actually add the Openhaus app. We have a Shopify App that's how it works. You would, actually, just using authentication, add that app to the clients Shopify store and that's what would sync-up.

[00:54:21]
Dan Smigrod: Magically, if I'm a Matterport Service Provider, I don't really understand shopping carts and any of this stuff, the key thing is all I need to do is ask the client to add me as a Collaborator, invite me to Shopify as a Collaborator.

I'll get an email. It'll have everything I need to fill out the Openhaus; add a shopping platform?

[00:54:43]
Carson Clement: Yes, exactly, and then if a client isn't using Shopify, it's almost even simpler than that because you just asked your client, can you send me a CSV file with all your product information and you can actually upload a product CSV for your client.

[00:55:00]
Dan Smigrod: Two options. One is if today, Thursday, April 21, 2022 your client's using Shopify; great! Easy-peasy. Invite me as a Collaborator. BigCommerce is coming soon, Magento is coming soon and other platforms are probably coming soon.

In the meantime, or even if a client just manages their inventory some other way, just ask the client for a .CSV file. Import it, and then build out the tagging experience. Is there a Collaborator piece within Openhaus as a Matterport Pro that I can now say to the client, here's your back-end for you to go tag all your products?

[00:55:48]
Carson Clement: Yes. We are working on that right now. It's not available yet, but essentially, you remember that Managed Space page I showed you where I can see all the products and everything in this space, we're working on making that be its own independent page that either with a pass-code or just a Collaborator account, exactly, you can share that with your client.

They could go in and help tag or they can go in and get those sharing options that I demonstrated.

[00:56:23]
Dan Smigrod: Excuse me, Carson. So essentially coming soon.

[00:56:30]
Dan Smigrod: Depending on where you are with your client, in which platform they're using a Matterport Pro could either offer soup-to-nuts or just soup or just nuts. What I mean by that is if you work with a store and they would rather you take over the entire experience of tagging, updating, managing that whole process, you could.

But if you're a Matterport Service Provider and you don't want to be in that business or your client doesn't want you to do that, then all you need to do is enable the account; coming soon, and they'll have a Collaborator page they can upload. If the client could upload, this is what I want is my MatterTag to look like this. Here's where I upload my logo for my store.

This is the color palette that I want. This is the font that I want. That could either be done by the photographer or it could be done by the store. For Matterport Pro, you have a choice of how much service you want to provide to a client.

If it was me, I would charge for all that service. I think that that's a revenue-generating opportunity for a Matterport Pro or if the client wants to do it or I really don't want to be in that business. I'm happy to shoot the space, but then enable this Openhaus experience for the client.

I'm going to guess there's two different Openhaus accounts. As a photographer, I probably need an account to do it, we've just said, but I'm guessing my client also needs an Openhaus account as well.

[00:58:23]
Carson Clement: Exactly. Like I said, we're working on that. Essentially it will be a simplified version of the portal that we showed you. Basically, you can picture it just being access to that one managed space page.

Then we're going back and forth between do we just provide access to that based on a passcode or do we provide access to that based on that they actually have to create with their email and password, a Collaborator account for that specific space.

[00:58:57]
Dan Smigrod: A couple of things, coming soon. We really wanted to do this WGAN-TV show sooner than later because this is so super exciting that even before the paint dries at Openhaus, obviously you already have clients banging away at the system, etc.

But I just thought it would be really helpful for everyone to get an opportunity to know Openhaus sooner than later.

[00:59:21]
Dan Smigrod: If I'm a Matterport Pro, how can I get started? What's the easiest way for me to experience Openhaus?

[00:59:30]
Carson Clement: The easiest way to get started is by going to: www.openhaus.app/pro

Basically, I think it's a good point, Dan, that you said the paint is still drying, if you will, because our goal with Openhaus Pro is we, as Openhaus can only get to so many clients, but the Matterport Service Providers are the ones that are actually creating the bulk of all Matterport spaces. We just want to create the best experience possible for Matterport Service Providers. There's a lot of feedback that goes into that. If you go to: www.openhaus.app/pro we're basically just slow rolling Pros into the product.

There's a form on there you'll fill out, it'll add you to our waitlist. Then, each week we're onboarding white-glove style, really hands-on.

Helping Pros start to use Openhaus so we can learn ourselves and learn how this better applies to Matterport Service Providers, but then just make sure they have a great experience.

[01:00:39]
Dan Smigrod: I'm a Matterport Pro. I signed up. You on-board me. Is there a charge? Or, do you make your money off the retailer? Is there a free trial? How does that all work?

[01:00:54]
Carson Clement: We have a 30-day free trial right now. Our pricing right now, I would say artificially low right now just because we want to get Matterport Service Providers in the door learning about it.

But right now we charge $20 a month. But there is a 30-day free trial on that. But like I said, I will warn that we will be increasing those prices significantly in the coming weeks. If you want that 30-day trial and that low $20 a month price grandfathered in.

We would really encourage you to join the waitlist as soon as you can. Because from the feedback we've got where we're definitely going to be increasing those prices just because people are loving the product and getting a lot of value out of it.

[01:01:46]
Dan Smigrod: Openhaus has made it super-easy for Matterport Service Providers to get a 30-day free trial, no credit card necessary.

It's 20 bucks a month after that if you decide to stay. By the way, that's whether you are managing one account or two, or five or ten of your clients are using Openhaus. For the photographer, the amount is going to stay the same.

There'll be some charge for your client that will get billed directly by Openhaus.

But it's super-easy to manage. I should say while you're mentioning money, if you are a We Get Around Network Standard or Premium Member, you get the free use of Openhaus Pro.

[01:02:36]
Dan Smigrod: If you are a WGAN Standard or Premium Member. There is a form to fill out that activates that for you. That's an awesome opportunity.

What I was thinking for a Matterport Service Provider, you could look at this as this overlay of your Matterport space.

There's lots of ways to trick-out a space where you now have the ability to do custom MatterTags. I am just going to guess that somehow if I open my Matterport Tour within the Openhaus platform and it already has tags, MatterTags, Those tags are automatically going to have the new style tag; is that correct?

[01:03:25]
Carson Clement: Correct. You can think of, for if you have an existing Matterport space and you add it to your Openhaus account.

If those tags are existing in your Matterport space already, the styles and tags etc, that you set up in your Openhaus account will be applied to that existing Matterport space already. Whether or not you added those tags, be it Openhaus or you previously added them.

[01:03:54]
Dan Smigrod: That's pretty cool right there. You just look for custom MatterTags, you can do that for each of your clients with something different.

Then also obviously control the logo in the top left corner and the brand colors of your client. It's an easy, fast and seamless way to overlay content.

A shopping cart is obviously something that can be added, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a client that's using the shopping cart feature in order to take advantage of Openhaus as Matterport Pro?

[01:04:33]
Carson Clement: Exactly, yeah. That's a great point, Dan, because the shopping cart feature that we've demoed so far, it only appears if there's products that have been added to the space, and so all of the custom styles, etc., we're working with, with several clients that actually don't have any products tagged in their space.

But they wanted to take advantage of a video in the corner, custom styles, etc. I think, Dan, when I think about using Openhaus Pro and the value it can provide for Matterport Service Providers, I think it's two-fold.

1) One is from the conversations we've had with Matterport Service Providers so far, they have said that almost all of their clients, except for maybe some very specific use cases, but all of their clients have indicated that they would pay at least a little bit extra in order for that Matterport Tour to be on-brand.

In order for it to be customized as opposed to just the naked Matterport Tour viewing experience. That's point number one, as we've seen Matterport Service Providers be able to increase their revenue from existing clients by basically offering the Openhaus version of the tour as a premium version of the Matterport Tour they're creating.

2) Then point number two is that our goal at Openhaus is were actually helping these Matterport Service Providers basically open a whole new industry or a whole new segment of their clientele that previously, I don't think there has been much interest for and that is retail shopping experiences inside of a Matterport Tour.

I think just the experience up to this point of creating a Matterport Tour or even... up to this point has been-

[01:06:27]
Dan Smigrod: Your audio dropped out a little bit. Maybe if you could just double-check your setting on your audio, Carson.

[01:06:36]
Carson Clement: Is that better?

[01:06:38]
Dan Smigrod: Yeah. Thank you.

[01:06:39]
Carson Clement: Sorry about that.

---

Continued below ...
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Continued from above ...

---

[01:06:41]
Dan Smigrod: I want to pick up on what you're describing because my initial impression of Openhaus from the lens of a Matterport Pro, "oh my gosh! this does three amazing things:

1) First, as you were, I think, about to say, 'if you've ever added MatterTags in quantity and worked with a client, you know that that has been a total nightmare," so a problem or challenge that Openhaus solves for a Matterport Pro that is interested in annotating a space with tags; it's now easy, fast, and seamless to add this shopping experience, whether it's 10, 100, 1,000 products in a tour.

If you never have done this for a client, you haven't felt the pain of when the client comes back and says, 'well, the price has changed." "I no longer have that item available for sale." "The description has changed."

There's so many things that change. Even if you were charging for that service, then as you mentioned where you had one client that was doing the back-end taking two weeks for something that eventually took them four hours using the Openhaus platform.

It's as different as night and day. First, if you have clients where you're managing MatterTags for them, for shopping experiences, boom! Solves that. More importantly, you probably have potential clients that you haven't decided to go after.

I know for me working on a museum and I went through the pain of everything having to be labeled and stuff changed. Now this opens the door, and I think on your website, in addition to e-commerce and shopping, and retail, trade shows, media, entertainment, interior design, real estate.

There's lots of categories that have a need for dynamic tagging, particularly if it's managed through a Shopify platform for shopping.

I think this just says, if you're a Matterport Service Provider, run don't walk to start calling on retail stores. Anyone that has shopping, whether it's an interior designer that now recognizes this or you've mentioned influencers if you're lucky enough to be associated with an influencer. Or shopping, e-commerce.

[01:09:43]
Dan Smigrod: Openhaus adds so much value to the Matterport experience for three audiences:

1) for the retail store that wants to do shopping, that looked at Matterport in the past and said "no, it's not going to work, it's too cumbersome."

2) Two, for the Matterport Pro, says, "nah. Too cumbersome. I don't want to get involved in that."

3) Three, from the consumer standpoint, where you'd be clicking on a traditional MatterTag and exiting the experience.

Now you stay within the whole experience for your whole shopping cart. I think if you're a Matterport Pro, you should be jumping out of your seat with excitement, looking at the Openhaus platform as

1) one helping you with existing clients that have MatterTags and it's been a nightmare managing the shopping experience. 2) Two, it opens up the door for all kinds of new potential clients, particularly related to shopping.

[01:10:43]
Dan Smigrod: 3) Three, for Matterport Pro it's priced so affordably on a fixed monthly subscription that you now can differentiate yourselves from other Matterport Service Providers that are in your same market competing with you because you now have elevated your tour to be on-brand for your clients.

Their logo. Their colors. Their fonts. Their tags.

I get excited looking at the Openhaus platform of what you've taken us through. Carson, from a Matterport Pro's perspective, is there anything to add on that topic?

[01:11:27]
Carson Clement: No. I don't I don't think so. I think you summarized it up really, really well. Then I'll just reiterate, I think our goal, we've been through the pain and the work of what a lot of Matterport Service Providers have with clients.

Essentially we've built Openhaus in a way for our internal team to be able to create these types of experiences as quickly and efficiently as possible. What we're trying to do with Openhaus Pro is actually open the door, I guess, if you will, to help Matterport Service Providers do the same.

The paint is not dry, whatsoever. We are early on in Openhaus Pro, and so we're just looking for Matterport Service Providers who want to really create the ultimate product that they can for creating custom shopping or not shopping, but custom branded, custom tagged, etc., experiences for their clients and so would love for you to join the waitlist and help us do that.

[01:12:39]
Dan Smigrod: If you're a Matterport Pro, go to: www.openhaus.app/pro

If you want to come in the front door because you are a retailer, e-commerce, trade show, any other category, go to: www.openhaus.app www.openhaus.app

Look at the menu up at the top and go through the lens of what business you are, whether you're a retailer, trade show, e-commerce, media, entertainment, so forth. Carson, before we say bye, was there anything you felt we haven't covered?

Any question I haven't asked you that I should have asked?

[01:13:25]
Carson Clement: No, I don't think so. If anybody has direct questions, we are pretty good at responding to our email and I just encourage you to reach out. You can reach out either to: carson@openhaus.app or team@openhaus.app and would love to connect.

[01:13:45]
Dan Smigrod: I would encourage you to go to www.openhaus.app/pro or: www.openhaus.app There's forms online to fill out the form, send in your info. Get contacted.

Again, if you're a Matterport Pro, it's a no-brainer, just sign up or if you're a WGAN Standard or Premium Member, you get the free use of Openhaus Pro.

We didn't talk about pricing, but I think suffice to say if you're not a Matterport Pro; you are a retailer and you want to find out about pricing or get a deep dive demo in some aspect that we didn't do today, go to: www.openhaus.app fill out the form and schedule a meeting.

[01:14:33]
Carson Clement: Exactly. For non-Matterport Service Providers pricing really depends on the features and the requirements of your initial project. It all starts with a conversation and we try to make it work for any budget.

[01:14:52]
Dan Smigrod: Carson, thanks for being on the show today.

[01:14:55]
Carson Clement: Dan, I really appreciate it. Thanks.

[01:14:57]
Dan Smigrod: We've been visiting with Carson Clement. Carson is one of the co-founders of Openhaus. For Carson in Waco, Texas, I'm Dan Smigrod in Atlanta, Founder of the We Get Around Network Forum, and you've been watching WGAN-TV Live at 5.
Post 2 IP   flag post
101749 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?