Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Advice

Can't run matterport on newer Android tablet?16686

wildcatdave71 private msg quote post Address this user
Been using Matterport since switching from Ricoh for a few months, really enjoy the app and the entire experience. Been using it entirely on my Samsung Galaxy s20 phone without any issues.

I have an upcoming shoot where using a bigger screen would be helpful for a larger property and so I loaded the Matterport app into my Galaxy Tab S6 tablet which is a pretty current tablet with decent performance lots of RAM and storage.

When I open the Matterport app on my tablet after connecting to my Theta Z1 camera I simply get a message saying no internet connection you need to be connected to your network and then the app closes. I don't have this problem on my phone at all even though obviously it has a cell connection as a backup Network when the Wi-Fi is connected to the camera.

Is there any reason it should not work on an Android tablet? When I searched online the only thing I found were a few posts saying you may get an error say no internet connection during app use, but that's normal since your Wi-Fi is connected to the camera.

However can't even get the app to open because of this. There's no settings or options, it simply doesn't work.

Am I missing something or does it not work on Android tablets without a cell connection as a backup Internet connect?

As a test to see if it was related to this I disabled data on my phone which should have disconnected that internet cell ability and yet the app opened up just perfectly on my phone.
Post 1 IP   flag post
wildcatdave71 private msg quote post Address this user
Never mind it was mostly user error. Apparently you have to set up the app one time connected to the internet before you attempt to connect to the camera and use it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Usually on Android when you connect to wifi that does not have access to the Internet android devices display a message dialog about it that offers you disconnect from the connected network or keep connection. So in order to use this connection you should select keep connected. Your s6 either misses this dialog or you have missed it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
101749 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?