Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DaK private msg quote post Address this user
I'm new so I've only done a handful of scans. Just looking for the "correct" way to handle certain windows.

For instance,

Shower doors - Do I mark them as a window? I have in the scans I've done but is this correct. Any negative impact?

Sliding doors - I usually scan out on the patio/lanai if I can but is marking the open slider as a window the correct thing to do? Is marking the inside of the house as the inside correct even though I'll be scanning on the other side of the door?

Windows looking out onto the patio/lanai - Pretty much the same as the above.

I guess I don't 100% understand what marking the windows does, perhaps that would help me understand answers to the above questions.

Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
A shower door doesn't get marked, because what's behind it is still inside your trim boundary. An open sliding glass door does get marked, because you can see through it but not pass through it. (Unless you plan to try scanning whatever is on the other side of that door. Then you don't mark it.)

Marking things helps the software that turns your scans into a model. You might get a more detailed answer from Matterport.
Post 2 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
From my understanding, there are 2 purposes for the window markup.
1) during the scanning angry alignment process, this marking tells the software that some of the data that is captured behind the window will not be coincidence to each scan that is taken from various positions in front of the window due to the parallax caused as the sensor "looks" out the window.
2) it also creates anew invisible wall that prevents navigation while in walking mode so a Person will not be able to walk through a window or glass wall (used in offices).
So, thathe being said, I don't mark shower doors or the open pay off a sliding glass door if I want to be able to navigate past it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
fburch private msg quote post Address this user
You may find this post from Matterport helpful.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101631 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?