Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
InsuranceInsurance ClaimsRestorationVideoXactimate

Matterport Video: Streamlining Workflows | Insurance and Restoration16659

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Streamlining Workflows | Insurance and Restoration | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 31 March 2022

Speakers

1. Zahra Malko, Matterport Director of Insurance
2. Justin Chandler, Matterport Director of Insurance
3. Jeff Fisher, Envista Forensics
4. Ben Sutton, Rainbow International

Transcript (Video above)

[00:00:02]
Zahra Malko: - Hi everyone. We'll get started in a moment as people join. Well, we are so excited for everyone to be here today. Good morning. My name is Zahra Malko posting the webinar for you today, co-hosted with some amazing individuals. This is the Matterport, how Digital Twins can streamline property insurance claims.

We have two very special guest speakers, Envista Forensics and Rainbow International. Let's get started. The agenda for us today, we're going to discuss what is Matterport, how can it be used in insurance? How to determine the best capture method for the right job. Then a customer panel with Envista Forensics and Rainbow, and then at the end we'll have some Q&A as well.

Let us introduce some of our speakers. Like I said earlier, my name is Zahra Malko I am the Director of Insurance for Matterport. I have been with Matterport for almost a year. My partner in crime, Justin Chandler, also the director of insurance. Then we have our two special guests, so Jeff Fisher. Jeff, a little introduction for Jeff.

With 25 years of combined experience in fire and law enforcement services, Jeff has 10 years experiencing criminal investigation with the City of Waterbury, Connecticut. Jeff has successfully conducted hundreds of investigations with six years dedicated to fire and arson. Jeff is nationally certified fire and explosion investigator.

Also the recipient of the 2005 International Association of arson investigators for the Connecticut chapter. A little background on Envista. Envista Forensics is the global leader providing comprehensive forensic consulting and engineering services. Envista's identity is rooted in their strengths and investigation and conveys their comprehensive capabilities as a global.

Multi-disciplinary, and highly skilled forensic engineering partner for insurance claims and legal professionals. Everyone, welcome, Jeff. Thanks Jeff for joining.

[00:02:19]
Jeff Fisher: - Good morning.

[00:02:20]
Zahra Malko: - Thank you. Also, we have Ben. Ben is here from Rainbow. A Little background on Ben. After running a janitorial business for five years, Jeff shifted to restoration and opened a Rainbow International Franchise in Erie, PA in 2010. The company started with just himself and his wife and has grown over the last 10 years to be one of the largest restoration companies in Erie, PA.

A little background on Rainbow International of Erie, opened in 2010, Rainbow International has been able to be the respected leader in their local market as providing the best possible mitigation services. They've also grown their repair division to meet the needs of carriers as well. We're excited to have both of our speakers and let's get started. A little house keeping items.

Questions can be submitted through the Q&A tab that you see at the bottom of your screen. We welcome all questions. There may be some questions that we can't answer, but if we can't, we can take them offline, and this session will also be reported as well. Today Justin will be going over some of the captured devices Justin.

[00:03:30]
Justin Chandler: - Thanks Zahra. At Matterport, what we have is known as camera ubiquity. As you can see, there are a bunch of cameras on the screen, each of these are compatible with Matterport, meaning that you can capture, and then our AI will actually take and pair together the images along with the spatial data from the space to create that digital twin.

So then beyond that it creates that 3D dollhouse view that we all know and love. Now as far as just speaking on general specs for the cameras themselves, really depends on what the user could potentially be looking for or variety of factors where can, be anything from types of loss involved, the size of the space, accuracy needed also any quality needed or speed.

For starting from left to right. We'll start with the Pro 2 camera. This is actually produced by Matterport. It's a great blend of accuracy and quality, and it actually utilizes infrared technology, so brings it into that 99 percent accuracy range, and so we're looking at a scenario where if you look up at the top right corner, we're averaging out capture time for 1,300 square feet for residential property.

The Pro 2 would be roughly about 42 minutes for capture time. If we move over to the like a BLK. This camera utilizes lidar versus the infrared, and so that takes it into an accuracy range of 99.9 percent. It's actually great for capturing large open spaces, even in to the outside, into the exterior, and then it's generally utilized heavily by industries with need for higher accuracy, such as engineers.

Maybe architectural construction and so on. Where it then drops a little bit on maybe the megapixel sign. Then move it into the 360 style cameras, so the stick style cameras. Definitely more of the quick and portable option, not equipped with the lidar or the infrared, but still within that 92-96 percent accuracy range.

The thing about these is actually compared to the other cameras that will not spin on the tripod, so it actually has lenses on both sides. So looking at the capture time without that rotation, it actually takes down the time significantly, about half of what potentially the Pro 2 could be. Then moving into local and then also the axis, so the next two.

These weren't together, so Matterport for mobile, we now have the Capture app available for iOS and Android. So really the measurement piece really depends on the user stability along with the model that's used. Some of those models we support all the way down to, let's say an iPhone 6 and up to some of those Pro models where they're now starting to equip with some of the lidar technology as well.

So it's a wide variety can be anywhere from that 92 percent, up to about 97, 98 percent. But roughly with the cell phones, with the mobile capture could be looking anywhere around 32 minutes for capture time with an axis which is now a motorized mouth that will support the phone and we'll hold it for you and spin on a tripod. It could shave down that time by several minutes.

But what it will also do is it will create more of a consistent scan and then increase the effectiveness of that scan as well or the quality, and then moving into lastly than are captured services. So this our Turnkey solution where basically an overflow situations, back-up scenarios where if you did need a scan.

We do have basically an entire network of captured technicians throughout the country equipped with Pro 2 cameras, and so it's more or less are on-demand service. So if you do need a quick scan, we do provide them. Back to you Zahra.

[00:08:02]
Zahra Malko: - Thanks Justin. This is a nice segue into some very specific losses that Ben and Jeff will be discussing. This is a nice, starting point. So Ben, this was a capture done by Rainbow. You can see that it was a broken supply chain, approximately a 2,500 square foot property, a single-family residential property, and you used a Ricoh.

Ben, can you explain how you would use Matterport on a average, single-family lost the benefits, you've seen and the device that you use the Ricoh for this one? - Could you go over that?

[00:08:42]
Ben Sutton: - Sure. When we originally started with Matterport, I think it was 2018, we just had the Pro2 camera and we would use it on our bigger losses, but when you guys added the 360 camera and that's what we use on a loss like you're looking at now, all of our mitigation crews have a 360 camera. We instruct them to do, after they're done with tear out.

A loss like this looks like a supply line. After the tear out's done and the equipment is set, we would have them do the scans with the 360 cameras. As mentioned, they might not be as perfectly accurate, but for what we do on the mitigation side, for billing, it's totally sufficient and it's really helped us a ton because with proving your billing on the mitigation side of our business is important.

To make sure that we can see how much was taken out. We used to previously have scope sheets that the technicians would fill out on how much material they cut out, and sometimes their best guess or what they maybe didn't measure correctly, wouldn't be accurate to what actually happened. Now, in our company, we have someone that does these estimates back in our office.

They can take this, and scan, and measure, and see what was taken out. If the carrier is asking for a photo of a particular piece of equipment or what we tour out and our technicians get it, they can grab it and send it over. It's been huge for us as far as making sure we have one documented that the loss, but also making sure we can prove everything that was done.

[00:10:33]
Zahra Malko: Sounds very easy to use as well.

[00:10:36]
Ben Sutton: That's why the 360 camera, but our technicians already have so many things that they're using in technology that they have to do this didn't really add much time. Quite frankly, I think it's actually faster than them filling out a paper form, they can go pretty quickly with the 360.

[00:10:55]
Zahra Malko: - That's excellent. Thanks Ben. We have another single-family and loss and this is captured by invested forensics. Some of you have maybe seen this loss on our website. This is obviously a fire loss. Approximate square footage for this property was 2500 square feet and a Pro2 was used. Now Jeff, like I said, this is a very famous model.

Can you explain the Jane and John Doe model, some of your findings, you use the Pro2, you could see that these windows are boarded up, can you go over that for us?

[00:11:33]
Jeff Fisher: - Sure, I can. Thank you for having us as a participant in this seminar webinar. It's not often that we get to do this type of thing, so if I stumble a little bit, please understand that it's my first time on a webinar actually presenting show. With that being said, this particular case, like Zahra indicated, was a residential structure fire. We had invested forensics.

Our senior consultants in the fire and explosion division have a primary responsibility for investigating the origin and cause aspects of the fire for our clients. However, we're able to utilize the Matterport system to not only document the fire scene thoroughly and completely with 360 degree coverage, but we also provide this to our clients so that they can utilize.

The model as well to do a multitude of different things as far as the adjustment of the claim it's concerned. As you can see, although this is a very fast video clip of the actual model itself, they captures every detail with 360 degree of precision. It actually allows us to go in and take measurement of any particular location within the model itself.

And also from within this model and the data that's captured from it, we, as investigators are never without the photograph that we're always forgetting to take. With this camera system, I could actually go into the model and from any angle that I can manipulate the camera aspect to, I could take a JPEG image of that data and have it available for my file in 4k resolution.

Which is an amazing asset to us as far as fire investigators are concerned. It also allows the adjusters to conduct remote adjustments and estimations of the claim. Again, as we already discussed, they're allowed to take detailed physical measurements as just an indicated up to one percent of your rating, correct Justin, I think that's what you mentioned.

That becomes important oftentimes, not so much in this particular case, but in other cases where we're dealing with hazardous materials, where we want to limit the pedestrian traffic within that facility to keep the health hazards in the exposure to the conditions within at a limited pedestrian levels. With that, the adjusters or anybody involved in a case can actually sit at their desk into safety.

Protective confines of their office and actually view as if they were walking through the model itself or the loss itself, which is a tremendous value for them. So with this particular case, the fire doesn't actually originate within this particular floor space that we're looking at, it actually starts at the lower level, and it was directly related to the improper use of candles being used within the actual residents.

[00:14:46]
Zahra Malko: - Thank you so much Jeff and just to confirm, because you do see that the windows are boarded up, you use the light on top of your Pro2, right?

[00:14:54]
Jeff Fisher: - We do. We developed a specific lighting technique that we deploy on all of our cameras within Envista Forensics as far as the fire and explosion investigators are concerned. Well we actually used two physical lights, which comes in very handy with us in particular, because we had fire scenes, there's never adequate lighting, as are indicated the windows are typically board up.

There's no electricity in the house and so there's no residential lighting available. With the lighting technique that we use, we actually manipulate the upper light towards the ceiling level, and the lower light down towards the floor, which gives us 360 degree lighting coverage as well, which is one of the things that we do different within investor forensics that I think puts us above and beyond what people see typically, with fire steam.

[00:15:50]
Zahra Malko: - Thank you, Jeff. I think next we have a commercial loss. For a commercial loss, Ben this looks like this was captured by your organization. It was a frozen pipe, state office building, approximately 20,000 square feet. You used a Ricoh Z1. Now, can you tell us, how do you approach a commercial loss?

[00:16:17]
Ben Sutton: - For commercial loss, I think in this particular case, we'd probably normally would go with the Pro2 just because of the large size, but we knew we were handling the repairs on this, we were just handling with mitigation. It was such a large job that the 360 allowed us to move a lot quicker. This was a state office and so there was some limitations on how long we can be in there, so that helped out.

But in order for us to do a scope on something like this and try out and measurements and we were able to mark out where we did an extraction, made that estimate so much quicker for such a large loss.

[00:17:01]
Zahra Malko: - Excellent. Thank you. Next we have an overview and I believe Jeff, this next slide shows where the origin of loss was. Was this the same image for the Jane and John Doe example? I believe so.

[00:17:17]
Jeff Fisher: - It is. What the camera is showing actually now is just that view that you could actually produce within the Pro2 camera system, which actually gives you a video walk through of that particular area, so that is the basement and the fire actually originates on the stairs. This one particular individual in this loss like to put candles on the individual stairs going up and down for whatever reasons.

I believe it had to do with a little bit of unscientific. Actually I think. To be quite honest, it had to do with some witchcraft thing, so was quite an unusual case. Anyways, the slide also shows what is the past we used to traditionally hand-drawn the physical diagrams from the scene. So we would actually go in, like you see in one particular image there.

There's a piece of graph paper with a hand-drawn floor plan diagram of a particular location. With the advantage of using the 3D scans system powered by Matterport. With one click of the mouse, we actually have a complete floor plan diagram done for us, and I think there's a slide that actually shows that as well, Zahra, there it goes.

That's the type of accuracy and a professional image that we're able to get and provide to our clients as well for the use of the system.

[00:18:59]
Zahra Malko: - The add-ons, you mentioned the TruePlan, and I see that you had the hand-drawn sketch in the example of a TruePlan, which is excellent. I know this is taking a step back, but Jeff, can you explain what your role is with Envista?

[00:19:13]
Jeff Fisher: - Sure. I am a Senior Lead Consultant with Envista Forensics. I have a wide variety of responsibilities within the company to include both investigative and administrative responsibilities. My primary role as a consultant is to conduct investigations into the origin and cause of fires in both residential and commercial buildings.

Those losses often include very complex cases, but oftentimes they're just the common unattended candle, food on the stove. But again, in my 17 years as a professional fire investigator, I've had the opportunity to investigate a multitude of losses ranging from, again, that unattended candle or cooking within a residential dwelling to commercial fatal jet airplane crashes that resulted in huge amounts of loss, monetary loss within this one particular building.

[00:20:15]
Jeff Fisher: Well, also, like Zahra mentioned, my background as a criminal investigator, I also have some responsibilities in conducting special investigations within the insurance industry. Those include different aspects. I've worked on a very large pharmaceutical theft of pharmaceutical and drugs from one particular facility.

As well as a ring of tractor trailer truck thefts in one particular area where trailers were actually being stolen from a lot and then brought to a scrap yard where they were being run through the crushers for their mirror scrap value of the particular vehicles themselves. At Envista Forensics, our guys have the opportunity to see a multitude of different losses throughout and as a fire investigator.

We really appreciate the use of this Matterport system to help us document, the scene, because it provides a product that we can present to our clients that basically bring them to the scene that actually physically transports them there, as you can see now.

[00:21:24]
Zahra Malko: - Perfect. Now, Jeff, in terms of the future where your vision and how you can extend the value of Matterport, can you go over that a little bit?

[00:21:36]
Jeff Fisher: - Sure. Within Envista Forensics, it's our goal to put a Matterport camera system in the hands of every one of our fields consultants. To date, we have at or near 60 cameras deployed on a global aspects. We have the majority of those cameras strategically located within the United States, but we also have a cadre of Matterport consultants within the international range that deal with this.

Are trained to use these cameras specifically as well. Envista Forensics, the company itself is very flexible to the needs of our clients. We will deploy the resources wherever our clients call for that particular use. It's a great opportunity, it's a great company to work for. They give us a lot of flexibility in our resource deployment. It works out well for us basically as investigators and the clients benefit tremendously through that process.

[00:22:42]
Zahra Malko: - Excellent. Jeff, last question. You had shared with me an example of the benefits of having a Matterport. I believe someone had accused one of your colleagues of missing items. Can you explain that to the audience?

[00:23:03]
Jeff Fisher: - Sure. Again, with Matterport, it thoroughly documents the scene. We have a very extensive training program within Envista Forensics where our consultants receive training on the initial unboxing of the equipment all the way up to very advanced training as to how to use the cameras out in the field, the individual problems that might occur during the actual scan itself.

With that, we're pretty much on top of everything. Our communication between our consultants is at a point, in a level where if a consultant's out in the field, he could just pick up the phone if he's having a problem and call so we can get that rectified so he can continue to work. Again, talking about the advantages of having this system.

One particular example is that Zahra mentioned was one of our consultants was at a loss and he had completed his scan and a couple of days after the scan, there was a report made to the client that a substantial amount of materials were stolen, basically stolen from the occupancy. With that, the consultant was able to go back to his Matterport and physically review the scan that he conducted

And was able to show to the client that the items that were reported stolen were in fact not there when he did a scan and the theft was supposedly had taken place after the scan was conducted. With that, the individual made a complaint to local law enforcement and then we were able to provide data to that organization so that they can continue their investigation.

They ended up resolving the issue in a less fortunate outcome for the individual that made the report to the law enforcement community.

[00:25:02]
Zahra Malko: - Great example, Jeff. Thank you so much. Next we have an example from Rainbow. Again, I know this is backtracking a little bit, but Ben, could you explain your role within Rainbow?

[00:25:20]
Ben Sutton: - I'm the President of this local franchise, Rainbow International as a, I don't know the exact numbers of our four, 300 franchises. My role here is obviously, President, just run this company here in this franchise.

[00:25:37]
Zahra Malko: - Great. Some similar questions that I had asked Jeff. Can you describe your processes and the value of Digital twins for your internal teams and then also your customers as well?

[00:25:52]
Ben Sutton: - Since we've started with Matterport, it's grown. We now require every lost to have a scan. Now what differentiates for us is if it is a fire or a repair job that we're doing, we use the Pro2 because we need more exact measurements. Though all of those or if it's the contents we're going to do pack out.

We use the Pro2, not as much for the measurements, as much as that we want to have those really, really great quality photos for damage. As Jeff mentioned we can prove that there was something that was damaged. It was a pre-existing. Every other loss on the water, smaller losses, we use a 360, but it has been invaluable to us as far as being able to capture that pre mitigation on a fir loss.

We then can do a post to show what state is we're at. But it has been invaluable to us to have that on every job that everybody in the office looks, we have a question. We go to the Matterport.

[00:27:01]
Zahra Malko: - Then what has been your experience with add-ons like TruePlan, schematic floor plans, you mentioned measurement tools, but some of the other Add On features.

[00:27:13]
Ben Sutton: - We have used, the TruePlan. Where were you guys would drop the sketch? We usually do those on any job that we've already signed a contract on or a complex one. The amazing detail that you guys provide or for really busy if our estimators are behind, just saving them that time to draw it up. I'm actually he was always really impressed with what we got back from that.

We will do our own drawings off of every one of the ones that Matterports that we do when we do that floor plan, look down view and take a snapshot of that. We can underlay that into our exact domain to draw out our rooms. It just speeds up the time greatly.

[00:27:58]
Zahra Malko: - Excellent. Last question for you, Ben. What's next in terms of your vision, how can you extend the value of Matterport to your clients?

[00:28:10]
Ben Sutton: - Well, it became a real value to us through the pandemic. We were the first ones to bring this technology into our market. I had shown some adjusters and then when the pandemic hit, a lot of gestures didn't have access to PPE. So we we were asked to go in and do a Matterport scans so they can do their estimates.

From that we were able to build our client base of active referrals from those people at a time that was hard to market. Where we see it going from there, we're going to extend that. We want to get to where we are maybe doing two or three scans on a large loss, where we can really show the progress. I come from a marketing background in full disclosure.

The only reason I really bought this was for the marketing aspect. Rarely do you get to make a purchase that does both, usually has a marketing aspect or it's a production. This is probably one of the few things that I've purchased that has benefited both sides. We think we can do a lot more in scanning and using that as a sales tool and doing what you're doing here in this presentation with some of the video walkthroughs and showing the transformation.

[00:29:24]
Zahra Malko: - Okay, that was it for the questions that I had. Coming up I think we have some events that Matterport will be attending. PLRB or be coming up next week we will be there. Please stop by. We will have some of the cameras there, showcase booth 523. We will also be The Experience booth 429, and then we will also be at RIA as well, booth 404. Please stop by. Tell us that you saw the webinar. We'll show you some of the technology will chat with you more in depth.

Next, we have a Q&A. I wanted to personally thank both Ben and Jeff for doing this panel discussion. I think it was wonderful. We have some questions. I think that we can go ahead and get those answered. Stacey, do you have some questions lined up?

[00:30:25]
Stacey: - Yep. Absolutely Zahra, we have a couple of questions about the lighting that's being used. It looks like Jeff and Mike have asked questions about the type and the manufacturer of the lights that were being used.

[00:30:40]
Zahra Malko: - I'm going to direct this question Amir, Would you be able to talk about the lighting aspects for the addition of Matterport?

[00:30:49]
Amir Frank: - Absolutely. I believe we still have some of those links in our FAQ. You can actually go there and check out lighting. These add-ons you can purchase through Amazon. There's a couple of different systems, but they're usually a little tiny little LED lights, battery-powered. You just stick them right on the top of the camera. Different ways of doing that as well.

Like Jeff said, best scenario is to have one pointed little bit up, one pointed a little bit down. That way you get the full field of view. They only have to be pointing in the direction of the cameras recording obviously as it turns, the light will turn, since it's right on top.

[00:31:29]
Jeff Fisher: - I've actually seen one camera system where they had the lights mounted on the back side of the camera. Actually does absolutely nothing there.

[00:31:38]
Amir Frank: - There is actually also a very unique light that I've seen that shines a 360 degree lights. If you are using a 360 camera, you could mount that. It has little quarter-inch thread for the tripod and then you put your camera on top of the light itself. That's also an option.

[00:31:56]
Jeff Fisher: - We use that two light system. We use the sub take dive lights that you can purchase or relatively inexpensive amounts of money. I think they're like $48. You can get them from Amazon and Matterport endorses the use of that particular light. One thing that we didn't touch on, that if I can touch on now, Matterport support is incredible.

One of the main things when we first started using this camera system back in 2018, was a level of support that we receive from Matterport. I mentioned before that our guys that we have a tremendous amount of communication within our members, but they can also call from site when they're stuck at a problem and they can talk to a Matterport support representative on-site.

The level of support that the company gives us is tremendous and we appreciate it.

[00:32:49]
Zahra Malko: - Thanks, Jeff.

[00:32:50]
Amir Frank: - Thanks.

[00:32:51]
Stacey: - We have another question. April on the ball should Here's the property and casualty insurance agent and she's fascinated about the use of Matterport cameras and interested on how you evaluate property damage in the loss and which cameras you would prefer for investigations. Also she would like everybody's contact information.

[00:33:10]
Zahra Malko: - Yeah. Really quick on the contact information, if you want to message Stacey directly, we will capture that contact information and then we can chat with you, April, and then give you the appropriate contact information. Jeff, I think I'm going to give this question to you.

[00:33:31]
Jeff Fisher: - I'm glad to see somebody is listening and excited about this as I am. Zahra and I were talking before and the very first time we use the camera system out in the field, I brought it back to the company and presented the model to the bosses and the words that came out of their mouths where, "This is a game changer.

We need to get this out in the hands of our field investigators." From that point on, its been a tremendous relationship with Matterport itself and using this product out in the field. I mentioned before that we have an extensive training within our company itself, dealing with these particular issues that we in the fire investigators filed come up with on a daily basis.

One of the things that we do before we even set up the camera is we do a pre-scan survey. With that, our consultants are walking through the scenes. We generally start from the lowest level and work our way up. We're looking for different things such as hazards that may interfere with the scanning of the data that we need to collect in order to prepare the models that we want to show our clients.

Then we're also looking for hazards that could hurt us. We don't want something to fall on our heads, run in a hole, floors are burnt out, structural instability issues are constant, electrical wires hanging around. We need to verify that the system has been de-energized before we go through. These are all things that we do normally within our fire investigative site safety survey to begin with.

But we're deploying this additional method of doing this pre-scan survey so we can identify these issues. We're also checking to make sure that the systems that we're using, the doors are open so that the system can see into that area so we can walk our cameras into those particular compartments and collect the data that's needed to prepare the models that, again, we produce.

That pre-scan is extremely important. The way we do our scans typically, as I stated, we start from the lowest level and we work our way up to the uppermost level. The beauty part about the system is, the Matterport capture application actually lets you see in real time your progress and where you have some deficiencies.

You may need to collect additional data in order to best and most adequately capture that particular area. It's a simple process. It does take a certain amount of expertise to use it. The more you use it, the more familiar you become with the product and the more productive you can be, the quicker you can move through it.

Zahra will tell you, we'll talk on the phone and she'll hear the camera going in the background as I'm holding onto the iPad in one hand and balancing the phone on top of the iPad while I have the camera on the other hand as I'm walking through. We do have those conversations. But thank you for the question. I hope I answered it.

[00:36:37]
Zahra Malko: - Thank you, Jeff. Stacey, anymore questions? Also everyone, if we don't get all the questions, Stacey will provide our ensure/repair email. Please feel free to email us. We'll try to capture as many questions down so that we can reach out to you directly as well. But Stacey, anymore questions?

[00:36:57]
Stacey: - Yeah, absolutely, there are quite a few questions. The next question is about possibly going to Ben. With scanning 20,000 square foot warehouses, what do you recommend for the camera? What camera would you use?

[00:37:19]
Ben Sutton: - I think in most cases I would recommend the pro camera for that just because of the amount of space. The one in the example I showed was just because we were able to do it with 360 and it did provide us really, really good results. But I think in most cases, a commercial loss and the level of detail you probably want, I wouldn't go with the pro.

[00:37:41]
Zahra Malko: - Thanks Ben.

[00:37:42]
Stacey: - Great. It looks like Mike has a question about integrating with Xactimate. Do you have samples of Matterport integration with Xactimate that you can show?

[00:37:54]
Zahra Malko: - Amir, I'm going to direct that question to you.

[00:37:59]
Amir Frank: - We should have some examples.

[00:38:04]
Amir Frank: I'm not sure if you'd have an account, but if you go to the model page and click on the add-ons tab, the TruePlan Add On is there. If you go into that, I believe there's an example in there that you can download,

[00:38:19]
Amir Frank: SKX file that you can download for Xactimate.

[00:38:22]
Zahra Malko: - Also, Mike, whoever asked that question, Stacey will be providing that ensure/repair email. Please reach out to us, we can direct you. We'll show you offline how you can view an example of that integration, what that TruePlan looks like.

[00:38:39]
Stacey: - Absolutely. Can Ben share more about the marketing strategy with Matterport in his business?

[00:38:46]
Ben Sutton: - Sure. When I purchased it, I had this similar as just bosses when they saw it. I was like, this is a game changer and I just knew I needed to have it as soon as possible before someone else did. When I came back, it was all about taking it to agents and adjusters and showing them that.

[00:39:09]
Ben Sutton: What we do is, as Mara marketing, my salesperson, they'll put these models on their iPad and you can download them so that they are preloaded. Then when you get in front of somebody, you want to show it and you spin that around and be able to show them the level of detail. You don't have to get into the granular of the measurements.

I've just seen that they see the benefit. When we get with somebody that's new, now obviously, fortunately for Matterport, unfortunately for me, everybody is starting to get it. It's not as effective as it was when we first started, but it's still showing on the level of detail that we can provide and how accurate our estimates are going to be based on that.

Also just like Jeff mentioned, to being able to prove what really was part of that loss much further down the road and Matterport allowing us to keep all of these models so we have all of them. Something comes back later and we need to pull it back up, we can unarchive it and we're able to go back in and gather the information we need.

[00:40:15]
Zahra Malko: - Thanks, Ben.

[00:40:16]
Stacey: - Great. Our next question is, it looks like the scans that were providing for the 360 cameras and the Pro2 are excellent. Are we producing the same, similar results with Matterport mobile?

[00:40:33]
Zahra Malko: - Amir, I'm going to drag that question to you.

[00:40:36]
Amir Frank: - As long as you're using something like Access, which will start chipping in April, yes you're able to basically take out of the equation the photographer. If I was standing there holding a phone, it's up to me to turn around the lens. It gets a little bit complicated and causes fatigue and all different things which can introduce artifacting.

Which you want to do is use something like Access to take yourself out of that equation, align the lens with the center of the axis, both x and y and then you get a really, really nice 360 image, pretty much just like you would with 360 camera. It's really, really nice way of being able to just use the phone in your pocket. I mean, Access is like 100 bucks. You end up with really nice high-quality image at a really reasonable price.

[00:41:33]
Stacey: - Great. There's another question from Frederick. I'm not sure of this question. It says, 'Thanks to Amir nice answer. But using with PROLL, Proll. How do we do this with a BLK, we tested once with spots on a robot, but difficult or do we also have a proposal for that? Thanks in advance."

[00:42:02]
Amir Frank: - Sounds like they're looking for autonomous scanning. We're working on it but with Matterport nothing is available right now to do full autonomous Capture.

[00:42:23]
Stacey: - The next question, is it possible to invite a homeowner to use Matterport mobile to complete a scan, perhaps on a minor loss?

[00:42:33]
Amir Frank: - Sure. I mean, especially with mobile. I mean, that's done a lot. Certainly with Axis, it's a lot, I think, more comfortable to send somebody an $80 access unit versus $1000 RICOH Z1 or certainly $3,000 Matterport Pro2 to do a scan on their own. Send them an Axis, so this is how you set it up. Use your phone, done.

[00:43:03]
Stacey: - Perfect. With Axis, what light could be attached?

[00:43:10]
Amir Frank: - With Axis you can't really attach lights, I would not go that route.

[00:43:24]
Amir Frank: It might be possible. The thing is that as the camera turns there's, I would have to test it. I don't want to recommend anything and then somebody say, I threw everything off and whatnot. It hasn't been tested in that environment yet.

[00:43:47]
Stacey: Okay.

[00:43:48]
Amir Frank: The good news is that with the phone we do use HDR. It's not going to obviously have any effect in no-light situations like when windows are boarded up and there's no electricity. But certainly, in low-light situations, it'll still be pretty good.

[00:44:06]
Stacey: - Perfect, thank you. After we purchased the Matterport 2 camera, how do we obtain training?

[00:44:18]
Zahra Malko: - I can take that one. If there was a sales representative that you were working with, happy for you to reach out to them. If not, please email the insure-repair email. We can direct you to some great links, some shop talks that Amir has done himself. We can help you get started so just email that insure-repair at Matterport.com and we can get you started.

[00:44:47]
Stacey: - Perfect. Someone asked, when will we look for Matterport metaverse to be able to be demoed, consult, present, survey, and document in virtual real-time across the global platform?

[00:45:04]
Amir Frank: - That's a good question.

[00:45:10]
Amir Frank: I don't know how to answer this one just because, I mean, we've been creating these digital twins of buildings instructors for 10 years now. We feel like we're in it, we're creating that metaverse and there's a lot of different you can get into, it depends on what you see as being the metaverse. But I won't get into that here.

[00:45:40]
Amir Frank: Every scan is essentially a virtual reality space, it's a duplicate of a real living environment. There's a lot of platform partners that you can use to take advantage of so much information that is captured. It's not just having a scan so that you can take measurements and download 2D images from that scan.

Those are great features but there's so much data that's collected on top of that and it's definitely something that is within arm's reach. It's there, we're close.

[00:46:19]
Stacey: - Great. We have a question from Steven, the Restoration Provider. Have we seen any billing considerations from carriers such as flat fees or accepted charges for having access to this great technology? Considering it seems to save time travel, closing files quicker, et cetera.

[00:46:41]
Ben Sutton: - I can speak to that on our experience. One, we've not added it into a job as part of a line item charge. However, as I mentioned through the pandemic and it's carried on over when these adjusters are busy. If they ask us to go out we do charge for our time to do the Matterport scan. There's not an exact line item for that, you might come up with that on your own, what your cost is that.

And discuss that. But I think it's bigger in my part of it is on the marketing side of it. You're trying to create a relationship with them whether you make a little bit here and there on that. I'm not sure that the end game is important.

[00:47:28]
Stacey: - Great, and this question comes from Saul. I believe he's asking if you can utilize the Android phone with Axis or is it better to use the RICOH THETA?

[00:47:45]
Amir Frank: - Yes, you can use Android. It's currently in Beta, but you can definitely do that. Is it better to use the RICOH? The RICOH is going to be faster. Android is going to be, I mean, certainly less expensive because you've already got it. So that's the difference.

[00:48:03]
Stacey: - Great. I think these are all the questions.

[00:48:07]
Zahra Malko: - All right. We appreciate everyone joining. Thank you so much Ben, thank you so much Jeff for joining and presenting it was great. If there are more questions or if you need more information please like I said, insure-repair@ Matterport.com. It is in the chat. Please reach out to us we can provide contact information for Jeff and Ben as well there. All right everyone, thank you.

[00:48:35]
Jeff Fisher: - Good afternoon.

[00:48:37]
Stacey: - Bye.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grabs courtesy of Matterport

Envista Forensics Accelerates Claims Cycles with Matterport Digital Twins

11:30 am EDT | Matterport Webinar | Thursday, 24 August 2023

Matterport Webinar Registration Link (free)
Post 2 IP   flag post
101646 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?