Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseVirtual RealityVR

Viewing Matterport Model in VR Viewer no longer supported?16644

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
Viewing Matterport Model in VR Viewer no longer supported? I used to be able to use my cheap VR viewer where I could put in my phone, NOW, Matterport says you need an Occulus? When did this change happen? Why when cheap and free viewers are now widely available? How is this progress for a "public company" engaged in the 3D VR space???
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like Android Legacy may still work but they killed the iOS a year or two ago

https://support.matterport.com/s/article/How-to-Use-Matterport-VR-on-Android?language=en_US
Post 2 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
@GETMYVR I think Android has killed the so called "Google Daydream" support. That's why the classic Google Cardboards are not working anymore on some applications including the Chrome browser.

But get a Quest 2 VR headset and try Matterport VR, if you can. It's worth the money.
Post 3 IP   flag post
inmerso3D private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GETMYVR
Viewing Matterport Model in VR Viewer no longer supported? I used to be able to use my cheap VR viewer where I could put in my phone, NOW, Matterport says you need an Occulus? When did this change happen? Why when cheap and free viewers are now widely available? How is this progress for a "public company" engaged in the 3D VR space???

The same thing happened to me, and the worst thing was that I had an old client who used it and this is a change in the condition of the service offered.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
@inmerso3D There are no issues, Matterport should reinstate the ability to use free to cheap VR viewers - not force people to buy expensive headsets they may never otherwise use. This lockdown of this functionality, serious degrades the product MP is selling. I doubt they really care.
Post 5 IP   flag post
ThinkLab private msg quote post Address this user
@GETMYVR you are very right. But maybe they are making money on Quest 2 , this is the only way they will be able to force people to buy into "their" metaverse , but there are way better options out there to get your clients spaces into the meta verses. And its evolving super fast , Matterport wont be able to keep up with what is being built. I still seeing Matterport selling your content on the Meta verse very very soon, as they own your hard earned scanning data and tours.

But if we are truthful, we all were excited the day Matterport launched the VR function , then what happened maybe 0.001% was viewed in VR , hence they never invested in improving it, like 100's of other functions of the system. That is where I wish till this day Geocv was still around, Anton got the business right from day 1 , you won the content, self hosting, and was developing functions and features within weeks, that has taken Matterport years to do.

But I wont be surprised if they launch a competing product soon. Don't see Matterport suing a Russian company #too soon
Post 6 IP   flag post
101636 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?