Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
.glb3D ObjectCAPTUR3DResizingThree.js editorVirtual Staging

importing (and RESIZING) glb objects in Captur3d to virtual stage?16642

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I was playing around with Virtual Staging of a matterport model with Captur3d.io.

The 3D object I wanted wasn't in their library, but I found a free .obj file and converted it to .glb which I understand is the only 3D asset Captur3d will accept.

The object was just a commercial shelf to test fill in to an open warehouse and I can get the object in, but it starts out as ridiculously huge (like in relation to the space, it would have to be 1000' tall or more). I have to scale it down drastically to have it look like a normal object.

And once I've done that, it doesn't seem like I can copy and paste that object to add another one and instead I have to start with another giant version. This seems to happen for any custom object I add.

Does anyone know how to get a custom .glb file to be a smaller defined size to start with?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Reading, United Kingdom
mcuddy private msg quote post Address this user
Have a play with the Three.js editor https://threejs.org/editor/. You can scale along with a lot of other things and then export.

Mark
Post 2 IP   flag post
@mcuddy That site actually works pretty great.

THANKS!
Post 3 IP   flag post
CAPTUR3D
Team
Melbourne, Australia
AlexHitchcock private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @Queen_City_3D hope you're doing great. Thanks @mcuddy for the Three.js advice! We are aware this is a bit of an issue at the moment, and are working on allowing files to be pre-scaled, saved and favourited to ensure maximum efficiency on Captur3d Virtual Staging. This will be coming with the next update/iteration, and we're excited on making the Captur3d Creator Studio as easy and effortless to use as possible. Thanks!
Post 4 IP   flag post
@AlexHitchcock Any recommendations for compressing glb files?

I downloaded a very basic 3D object. It's industrial shelving. There's only 2 textures. One for the metal railings and one for the shelves. It comes out at 322 MB. I can resize it using the threejs.org site that @mcuddy mentioned, but resizing does not change the output file size for some reason.

Captur3d will not accept anything larger than 100 MB.
Post 5 IP   flag post
CAPTUR3D
Team
Melbourne, Australia
AlexHitchcock private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @Queen_City_3D have you tried uploading the model to Sketchfab and then searching for the asset in Captur3d Creator Studio (under the Sketchfab icon)?

There's also blender which could help solve the issue. I'm not an expert on Blender, but I found an article with video tutorial that could assist:

https://ar-code.com/blog/video-tutorial-how-to-compress-reduce-the-file-size-of-a-3d-model-on-blender-glb-gltf-dae-fbx-obj

Please let me know how you get on. Feel free to also send me over the model to my email alex@phoria.com.au so I can do some tests on my side?

For those who haven't signed up to Captur3d yet, you can do so via this special WGAN link to receive $90 worth of credits to spend on virtual tour enhancement (including staging) floor plans, photo retouch, Highlight Reel/Walkthrough creation and more! https://captur3d.io/?ref=WGAN
Post 6 IP   flag post
101729 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?