Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
NewbiesProblemsQuestion of the DayTips

Matterport Pro 2 Accuracy16637

cammar private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys,

I saw there was a question 3 years ago on the same subject but just wanted to see if there's been any new light and what recommendations to make to clients.

I'm using the Matterport Pro 2 for AEC with new builds in the phase where services are exposed. I'm just wondering what everyone does around disclaimers for any potential margin of error in terms of measurements etc.

I know Matterport insist it's 99% accurate and obviously the more scan points generates a higher quality digital twin.

Note that I also purchase the Matterpak bundle.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
It's around 2% variance, so depending on what you need from the result this may or may not be enough.
I certainly wouldn't be manufacturing anything based on the measurements, but if you were ordering paint based on the area of something then it's enough. More scan points don't always mean more accuracy though, but a small amount wouldn't be great
Post 2 IP   flag post
aerialpixels private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Cammar

Disclaimer - what I say below is not a fact to my knowledge but I highly suspect it is true.

Matterport uses its AI or stitching algorithms to stitch/register scan points.
so if you have a building where the walls meet at 89 degrees in real life, the AI may guess that it should be 90 degrees and changes it to such.

I may be wrong but this may even happen at the point cloud level already, not just in the final matterport online model.
Post 3 IP   flag post
SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone gotten and used the Revit File - scan to BIM service they offer? I have a lot of interest from architects in it - one reason is they don't want to manage work flow from point cloud to Revit, feeling there is too much resolution, cloud points and it's heavey and hard to manage - hoping this will create a model that easy for them to start working with. I'm not a Revit software useer so I just have to hand it off. Spencer
Post 4 IP   flag post
101435 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?