Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Interactive VideoReal Estate AgentsReal Estate BrokerTranscriptWindoVision

Transcript: WindoVision-Leverage Matterport in Real Estate Broker's Windows16608

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN 3rd Party Service Provider Member
---

WIndoVision
Use Coupon Code WGAN to receive three free additional months of WindoVision Standard Premium Package.

WGAN-TV | WindoVision: How to Leverage Matterport Virtual Tours in a Real Estate Broker's Windows | Guest: WindoVision Chief Executive Officer Peter Thomas | Thursday, 24 March 2022 | Episode: #138 | www.WindoVision.com | Use Coupon Code WGAN to receive three free additional months of WindoVision Standard Premium Package.

WGAN-TV Podcast #83

WGAN-TV Live at 5: WindoVision: How to Leverage Matterport Virtual Tours in a Real Estate Broker's Windows

Hi All,

[Transcript Below | Watch Show Above]

On WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, March 24, 2022, our topic is:

WindoVision: How to Leverage Matterport Virtual Tours in a Real Estate Broker's Windows

My guest will be WindoVision Chief Executive Officer Peter Thomas.

"WindoVision has developed technology that converts an existing storefront window of a real estate office into a through-glass touchscreen device that allows users to search real-time listing data, access 3D tours, view agent profiles and other company information, on demand. They can do all of this without any personal contact or ever stepping foot in the building," reports RisMedia.

WindoVision Demo Includes

1. Experiencing Matterport virtual tours via the through-the-glass tech
2. Interactive real estate specific software including MLS/IDX daily sync for property searches
3. Lead Generation

About WindoVision

ATTRACT | You start by giving buyers a reason to stop by. Bright illuminated displays combined with a big screen wrapped with an interactive touch graphic creates a warm inviting environment at your office front. Buyers are drawn to your windows and spend time looking at an attractive presentations of your listings.

ENGAGE | Buyers can instantly access virtual tours for all your properties by entering their three digit code from the property display. Shopping for a home has never been more easy and fun. Buyers can also search MLS listings, map their location and even calculate their mortgage payment . . . all right from the sidewalk!

CONNECT | More people stopping at your window means more walk-in business. The most successful agents, however, connect with buyers engaged on the sidewalk. When you’re closed, the system continues to generate leads by capturing the buyers email address or cell phone number and instantly forwards it to the agent.

Special Offer for We Get Around Network Community

✓ Use Coupon Code WGAN to receive three free additional months of WindoVision Standard Premium Package.

Questions that I should ask Peter?

Best,

Dan

Links/Contact

WindoVision Website
Schedule a Demo (Bottom Right)
✓ Phone: 800-714-1310 (or Peter Thomas at 734-363-8363)
WindoVision LinkedIn Page
WindoVision Facebook Page
✓ WindowVision Twitter: WindoVision
WindoVision YouTube Channel

WindoVision in the Scottsdale, AZ | Video courtesy of WindoVision YouTube Channel | 17 February 2021

Video: WindoVision at Sabelhaus Team (Clarksburg, MD)| Video courtesy of WindoVision YouTube Channel | 20 November 2020

Video: Interactive Storefront Marketing by WindoVision | Video courtesy of WindoVision YouTube Channel; | 13 November 2017

--

WindoVision

---

Transcript (Video Above)

[00:00:00]
Dan Smigrod: Hi all. I'm Dan Smigrod, Founder of the We Get Around Network Forum. Today is Thursday, March 24th, 2022, and you're watching WGAN-TV Live at 5.

We have an awesome show for you today: WindoVision - How to Leverage Matterport in a Real Estate Broker's Windows. Joining me today is Pete Thomas. Hey Pete, good to see you.

[00:00:31]
Peter Thomas: Good to see you Dan. Glad to be here.

[00:00:33]
Dan Smigrod: Thanks for being on the show. Pete Thomas, Chief Executive Officer of WindoVision based in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Just because that spelling is so unique: www.WindoVision.com WindoVision.com. Pete, I reached out to you to be my guest on the show, because I was super-excited about the WindoVision solution.

I read you could do this Matterport thing on WindoVision within a real estate brokerage window. I thought that was super-cool. Before we jump in to actually see Matterport on a WindoVision, solution, why don't you first take us back. Tell us the story of WindoVision.

[00:01:19]
Peter Thomas: Absolutely Dan. First of all, thank you so much for having me on the show. Truly appreciate that. I'm honored to be able to really talk to everybody, all your regular viewers and everybody that joins you on a regular basis. Let me just start by saying, we've been in this business for quite awhile.

Now, who are we? First of all, WindoVision is a division of Touchpoint Systems. I love showing this right here. This is a picture of the actual family. We're a family owned business based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan.

If you can see that gentlemen right there in the middle, his name is Chris Naab, and he developed Interactive Storefront technology. He's been in the interactive business for about 36 years. He started in interactivity 36 years ago.

Then he shifted over, and brought interactivity to the real estate market really about 26 years ago. Here's what I mean by interactive in the real estate market.

What he recognized is that Realtors were Scotch taping listings to the window, and he simply said, "There's got to be a better way. You've got the properties that are worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.

There's got to be a better way than simply Scotch taping listings to the window." He developed a solution that the market didn't even know they needed, and next by bringing high-end properties, medium level properties, all of that into the store window.

His principle is real simple. I'm talking about Chris, our Founding President. The principle is real simple. Three things: ATTRACT people up to the window, ENGAGE them with incredible content, i.e Matterport 3D tours.

Then CONNECT with them out on the sidewalk, and that's exactly what our technology does. We've done over 1,000 installations in the U. S. and Canada. We've got great experience in this space. I like to say, we know storefront windows; especially for the real estate office.

What you see there on screen, and not only here but on the screen there, you see just some of the installations that we've done around the country.

We think that, for one, our technology combined with Matterport, it just makes a real estate broker's office just pop and engage those three principles; ATTRACT. ENGAGE, and CONNECT. It just works when you take advantage of those office windows.

[00:03:41]
Dan Smigrod: Awesome. My wife and I have been on vacation, and we're walking down the main street, brokerage office has this great storefront, and listings were literally Scotch taped up.

[00:04:00]
Peter Thomas: Exactly. You've got to think about that. That's all the market really knew that existed before Chris brought this solution to market.

What you see behind me, just imagine that this was your real estate brokerage storefront, and you've got a couple of different things going on. Everybody recognizes these illuminated displays.

Those are great by themselves. However, they don't engage. They're going to attract you up to the window, but they don't engage, they light the window up.

But when you have interactivity, and what I mean by that, is all the technology is installed on the inside, and what the technology does, is if it picks up your finger prick through the glass, now you've got a couple of things going on.

You've got people that are just blown away, that it works through the glass. They are intrigued by that. They're engaged by it, and so when I'm engaged by something, I'm more likely to sit on the sidewalk and – to operate it – to figure out, "Wow, how does this work?"

That allows a broker owner or a real estate agent to go out and actually make a connection out at the sidewalk. There's an audio file that plays along with the video. It's just a great experience. Really what it does is it allows a real estate office to take advantage of space that here before, they just left alone.

Or maybe, what you've done, is you've put some graphics in the window, but by including WindoVision in your window, now you're taking full advantage of that space, and that solution is unlike anybody else's on the market.

As I mentioned, Chris invented, literally he is the innovator of the entire industry, and he started the entire industry from the real estate market.

[00:05:43]
Dan Smigrod: Am I looking at all the listings that are available? Do I search by map? Do I search by price? Do I just let it flip by? I'm walking by, I'm in St. Simons Island, Georgia. I see an installation, which incidentally, there is an opportunity for you because they're the ones that Scotch tape up the listing still in the window.

[00:06:08]
Dan Smigrod: What are my choices of how I look at listings?

[00:06:12]
Peter Thomas: Usually the way I do this, I ask you, "How would you like to look at listings?" The reason I ask that, is because typically it is just that intuitive. It starts off with, what's lit up?

But once you see this lit up, first off, you see these displays. Now, every single display has a property flier in. It just so happens that the technology prints out the property fliers for you.

That's very low administration. Not only is the property flier branded with that real estate's office branding, but it also has this key right here, and that's this three-digit code of action.

Now, by the way, that three-digit code of action happens to be the last three digits of the MLS number for that particular property. Now I want you to imagine that you've walked up to the window, you see these beautiful properties, and it says, "Enter 594 Tour."

Well, what that does is, it triggers in your mind that you need to type somewhere. That's why right here on the keyboard, right here on the system, there is an alphanumeric keyboard, 48 buttons, and you type 590 right there on the keyboard. What the system will do is, it will start this virtual open house right in a minute.

What the system did last night was go up to the MLS, automatically grab all the MLS data, pull it down and drop it right there in the system, so someone who will notice those property fliers, they will type in 590 right there on the screen.

The other way that someone will interact with the listings, is there's a "Play" button right there: dead center of the screen. That's another way that someone will just simply be able when they touch that, the system also starts that virtual open house.

But I've got to turn down behind it, that there is an audio track that plays, and it just creates this great open house environment right there at the window. I don't know if you can hear that in the background.

[00:08:10]
Dan Smigrod: Yes, we can still hear the sound.

[00:08:12]
Peter Thomas: Good.

[00:08:12]
Dan Smigrod: For the purposes of WGAN-TV Live at 5, let's turn off the sound.

[00:08:17]
Peter Thomas: We already did.

[00:08:18]
Dan Smigrod: I'll focus on you. ;-)

[00:08:19]
Peter Thomas: That's right. What we do is, again, how would they use it?

This is what Chris would do, is just sit at the window, and watch how people interacted with displays, watch how they interacted with the different parts of the system, and that's where he developed. However, you want to look up properties, is how the system allows you to.

[00:08:40]
Dan Smigrod: I noticed you hit a "Play" button. Was that to play the different still photos? Was that to play a video? Was that to initiate a Matterport Tour? Was it something else?

[00:08:53]
Peter Thomas: Good stuff. Good question you did there. What scrolls by on the screen every 10 seconds or so, is another property, so what I like to call our Property Playlist; if you think about that.

Again, the system has all your MLS listings. It's dropped it down into the system, and what scrolls by on the screen is another property. Whenever you want to go in and look at those pictures, you just touch the "Play" button.

That's all you have to do. Now, what will pop up here in just a moment, in a few minutes, is an actual Matterport 'Bauhaus.' When that pops up on the screen, all you have to do is just start walking through the 'Bauhaus.'

Well, in this case, what popped up was an actual website. You can have your partner's website; your real estate office's website pop-up on the screen; and that allows you to scroll through that automatically.

But let me show you what you asked about. You asked about the Matterport Tour. Let's say that one of these three digit codes actually has a Matterport tour assigned to it. Well, what pops up on screen is that Matterport 'Bauhaus.' It depends on how Matterport has it set up. If you go directly into the house, now I'm engaging in that Matterport tour.

By the way, we support other 3D/360-degree tours as well. But now someone is outside of the window engaging with that Matterport property right there at the storefront of that real estate office. It's just an amazing way that the system allows a real estate office to display their properties in the window.

If you're going to spend the time to invest in Matterport, which is just what you should do to get properties full display, to display their entire capabilities, having something like this is really a competitive advantage because you're taking advantage of that storefront. Now you have our standard installation. You got a standard 32-inch monitor.

We've got systems that have 49-inch monitors. Now, imagine taking that digital media that you've compiled, that you've put together, and now it's on display in your window. You just might as well take advantage of those windows and put them to good use.

[00:11:06]
Dan Smigrod: Let me follow up on the Matterport tour. It sounded, you might have just hit maybe 490 or one of those other numbers, and it launched the tour. But it sounds like the real estate broker has a choice. Is that true?

[00:11:22]
Peter Thomas: There you go!

[00:11:23]
Dan Smigrod: When I launch a Matterport tour directly, do you want to launch the listing? Do you want the Matterport tour to be within the listing?

[00:11:34]
Peter Thomas: Very good. Exactly. What we call it is either on-demand or on a loop. For instance, what you notice behind me was, and I reset this, I started over, which you'll notice behind me is it'll pop up at a regular interval. That's what I call on a loop.

Every so often, that property is going to pop up. But what I like to call on-demand is when I type, when I look at one of these fliers, and this flier says enter 704 tour, when I type that in right there on the screen, that pops up that way as well. So you're exactly right.

That real estate office has the capability to set how they want that Matterport tour to display in the window. They can either do it on-demand or it will pop up on a loop.

Either way, it's completely customizable. Now, when a person orders from us, when a real estate office orders from us, we provide turnkey services.

We'll set the system up. We'll connect to their MLS. We'll customize their system to the colors of their office; their branding. We'll brand everything right to their specifications, but the customization up to them.

If they want to customize part of it, all they have to do is do it themselves, call us for full technical support as included with their package. We make sure that you have total control over your windows. Here's why we decided to do that then.

Every area of the country is a little bit different, and so you know the unique characteristics of your community. By allowing our customers to customize their systems, they can really tune-in on the characteristics of their community.

[00:13:13]
Dan Smigrod: Yeah, If I could take you back to the choice of content. If I was interested in a particular price range,.

[00:13:26]
Peter Thomas: That's right.

[00:13:26]
Dan Smigrod: Can I put in a price or price range?

[00:13:29]
Peter Thomas: Very good question, absolutely. Now, what you have down here, you have what I call a hot button.

When I talk to any of your viewers, we'll go in depth and we do a full demo. We'll drill down a little bit closer so that you can see these. Forgive me . It is a little hard to see from a distance, but there are five hot buttons up here. One says "Home" and the other says "Search Local Listings." That's similar to search by price. There's another button that says "Start," another one it says "Search the MLS'' and "Request Info."

These buttons are customizable so we can have them to go to different websites, etc. Directly related to your question, if it says search local listings, I can press that button and now I have a search by price screen.

What I can do is I can enter in an amount and when I hit Enter, what the system will do is it will pull up all the properties in my area by price. What we've just done here is we digitize the window. We've done some new things.

You can literally use your finger to look at the different prices of properties in my area from lowest price to highest price. Here's the cool thing Dan, as soon as I touch on any one of those properties, it goes right back to that virtual open house. That's exactly how we do that.

[00:14:48]
Dan Smigrod: Great. You went a little bit fast for me and it's a little bit hard to see because it is at a distance. Let's say we were putting in $350,000. Is that a cap? Or is that $50,000 above and

[00:15:02]
$50,000 below. Or 10% above. 10% below?

[00:15:06]
Peter Thomas: So you notice the one that's highlighted, right? That is your property for $350,000. That's the exact one. But above it are lower price properties, and below it are higher prices. Here's why it's that way. If you want a higher price property you scroll up.

The reason we do it this way, I want you to think about that, what if you're in the market for property and the perfect property is $351,000. We don't cap it at $350,000, We allow you to look at that property as $350,000.

That property that's $380,000 – By the way, the audio prompt comes up, and it says, "Select the property of your choice or scroll through for additional listings."

So by bringing that property that you asked for directly, the dead center of the screen, you can see that, but you also see other properties a little bit lower priced and a little bit higher priced.

Here's a property for $339,000, there's a property for $380,000. You know what? I like that one better.

[00:16:05]
Dan Smigrod: I can't actually see the number, but I think what I'm hearing is that the actual dollar amount is on that thumbnail.

[00:16:13]
Peter Thomas: On that screen.

[00:16:13]
Dan Smigrod: If I was in front of it, the storefront window, then I would actually be able to see the price that I specified.

[00:16:19]
Peter Thomas: There you go! Exactly!

[00:16:20]
Dan Smigrod: Okay. That's awesome. I always think about shopping, in part by neighborhood and I'm visual, is there a way to look at a map? To show me properties, and is that by zip code or is that just a –

[00:16:35]
Peter Thomas: Very good question. So the other way, this is another one of our hot buttons. When you press this button, "Search the MLS," the great thing about this is this will actually bring up the real estate Realtor's website.

Now, this particular Realtor, what they have is, they have that button going directly to the search page and on this search page I can go up here and I can search by zip code, or I can use the map and is fully touch enabled, I can pinch and zoom different parts of the map to look at different properties.

So if I go up tap here and I want to search by zip code. Let's see what we get. Zip Code: 48103. I happen to know that Zip Code because that's where we're located here in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Now what that does is it brings up properties near 48103, shows big properties that are listed inside this office using the Realtor's website and at the same time it also pulls up the map. So now, I'm engaging with the Realtor's website right in the window. So a very good question.

The answer is absolutely yes. We can do both ways. We can actually search by map, we can search by Zip Code, we can do either way.

[00:17:47]
Dan Smigrod: The map is that typically one of the default five big buttons.

[00:17:55]
Peter Thomas: What's one of the default five buttons is searched for in the MLS. What that does is it will go to any page on the Realtor's website. If you think about it, every Realtor that I know, their website allows somebody to search the MLS.

That's where we take you to the Realtor's website and you simply go to the top and that's where you type in the zip code. You type in and you really are on most Realtors’ websites you can search online.

[00:18:25]
Dan Smigrod: So the good news is: it's based on how the real estate broker wants to do business. It's taking you to the URL, the page that the real estate broker specifies of how they want you to begin the search in their market.

[00:18:44]
Peter Thomas: Absolutely. There's another way that this works as well. Now, the great thing about these buttons, as I mentioned, we can customize these buttons, right? But the other thing is that we can customize these buttons to map to any website tool.

We can also map any three-digit code to any website. So what you can do is something like this. You can set up a flier so that now you can see what it says here, to search for golf course properties, to search for lake-front properties, type in 200, type in whatever you want to type in.

Now when a person sees that flier right there in the window, when they see that flier and they type that in, what the system will do is it will go right to the web page on that Realtor's website where those properties happen to be located.

If you notice, every time someone does a search on a website, the URL at the top changes, well, we can map that URL to a three-digit code. We can map that URL to a button. The search capabilities are just about infinite.

The way that you said is the most accurate. It really comes down to the way that the Realtor wants to do business in their window and that's how the system will cooperate, that's the way the system is customized.

[00:20:02]
Dan Smigrod: Yeah, that's awesome. So on these one-sheets, how hard is it to print: the one-sheets is to say I have, three, six, nine, 12.

I have 12 properties. I always have 12 properties in my brokerage window, or I have a really big window. I want to have 24 or 30 whenever it is, presumably, whatever the broker wants, you can provide that. Is it hard to print out these one-sheets?

[00:20:37]
Peter Thomas: The neat thing about the software and I mentioned how we have a turn-key system. We will literally bring the system to your office. Install the system. And it's completely ready to go from day one. We provide training to your team.

To print out those one-sheets. What we do with software – there's administrative software that's going to be on your admin's desktop.

There's also going to be software that's actually on the system that you can access. But that software on the admin's desktop allows you to print out fliers in these three steps: 1. You click on Admin. 2. You click on Listing. 3. You'll go down and you click on Print. That is as simple as it gets.

[00:21:15]
Dan Smigrod: For clarification, click on listing. So if I know which property I might be typing in the MLS listing or I might be asking the admin to print out here, here are the 10 I'd like printed out.

[00:21:30]
Peter Thomas: That's right. The real simple part about that is you can do a quick search in there to go down to the address in the admin software.

Or, all you have to do is use the last three digits of the MLS number. So our three-digit code there, our three-digit code is the actual last three digits of the MLS number for that property.

You give your admin ten properties that you want to print fliers up for. The search function is just super-simple.

[00:21:56]
Dan Smigrod: When that printing happens, because it's got this three-digit code, do I need to design something? Do I need to format stuff to fit on the page?

[00:22:10]
Peter Thomas: Good question. The answer is yes and no. We will design for you out-the-box. What I talk about is turnkey. Right?

We will go to your website, we will pick up colors, we will do the branding, the first set of branding out-the-box for you.

However, if you want to tweak this, that's a part of our initial setup service. We add that in for free for any of our customers, right?

To where we will brand this to the way that you want it branded. Then all you have to do is to hit print, and every single time it will come out exactly like you want it. There's no more formatting the one-sheet.

[00:22:47]
Dan Smigrod: I am the agent for that particular listing, but you're the agent for that other listing. How does the agent info or is the agent Info not included on the sheet or does it really depend on what the broker wants to do?

[00:23:03]
Peter Thomas: Very good question. Yes, it does depend on what the broken wants to do. Let me tell you what typically happens.

What typically happens is that brokers typically want their properties, the properties that are listed in their office they want those featured in the window, primarily.

But if you bring in another property, what we will do, what our software will do and what we will do on the fliers is, we will take that listing agent's photo off of the flier, put the office logo on the flier. Let's say there are some properties, we mentioned this before Dan, we mentioned search by price or search local lists.

You can set it so that it brings up every single property in an area. Well, some of those properties are not listed in your office. What do we do in that environment or in that case?

What we do is we have a disclaimer at the bottom of the screen saying that this property is provided from an authorized source. We will take the agent's photo off of that list, because it's with the office down the street.

We will put your office logo on the screen and your office's contact information on the screen. We're not going to do advertising for the office down the street, we're going to display that right in your window.

[00:24:22]
Dan Smigrod: The agents that are in this brokerage, if they're listing is being highlighted, yes, the broker can say, "Yes. I'm happy to have Dan's info on that particular listing, I'm happy to have Pete's info on that listing.

On that listing that we've taken from outside our office, we're going to make that a house logo. That's how we're going to handle that.

[00:24:47]
Peter Thomas: We do that automatically as part of our setup process. You don't even have to ask for that. That's what every real estate office wants.

[00:24:54]
Dan Smigrod: Interesting, because that may even be easier than before, if you were just printing out the MLS listings and putting them in the window.

The broker may not have even had the design done to cookie cutter, to print out 16 or 24. They might've had to mock-up each individually, to do it. [WindoVision] is template-driven.

[00:25:22]
Peter Thomas: That's right. You're absolutely right. Instead of having to go through and create individual fliers for all the different properties, our technology will do it, and so it will create the fliers, as we mentioned, off of your template with your branding.

All you do is go into the admin software and hit Print. Boom! You've already got the listings and the properties and everything with your branding on it. You got it exactly right Dan, absolutely.

[00:25:45]
Dan Smigrod: Pete, are there other ways that brokers are enabling the experience of the listings? I've heard you can enter price.

I've heard you can enter the map. You can enter the three-digit code for the flier that's in the window. You can enter a three-digit code that might be a category such as lake-front or mountains or hilltops and I'm about to break out in song. Or maybe search by agent, I don't know.

[00:26:22]
Dan Smigrod: I heard that there's a default so you can set it up and say, Oh, In this case, feature these 12 properties. Presumably the broker says, I'd like the screen to change every 12 seconds, they can do that.

[00:26:38]

[00:26:38]
Dan Smigrod: Are there other ways to experience the properties using WindoVision?

[00:26:43]
Peter Thomas: One of the other ways that you can do, and remember this is related to any digital content that the office creates, right?

If you happen to do anything with drone videos, right? Well, drone videos will operate the exact same way. I don't have a drone video in here. What I do is have a video in here. I have a video that plays.

The video can play right there in the office. If it's a drone video, that drone video can come up on a regular basis, play right there in the window and then it will kick back out and go right back to that property playlist. Yes, there's another way that the system works and that's by using the drone video.

That's by using the actual, whatever digital media the system creates, it will pop up on the screen and it will play. Yes, let's see.

You covered search by price. You covered searching the entire MLS by the website which allows someone to search by map, to search by Zip Code. You talked about the different areas, of course, searching by Matterport, searching by video. We think we've got everything covered, we literally try to have everything covered.

[00:27:50]
Dan Smigrod: That's interesting. One way to search would be to say just search on listings that include a Matterport tour.

[00:27:59]
Peter Thomas: Absolutely.

[00:28:01]
Dan Smigrod: That might be where you were talking about oh, do code 200 for lakefront, do code 300 for mountain top, do code 400 for listings that include Matterport.

[00:28:10]
Peter Thomas: Video. Exactly right.

[00:28:12]
Dan Smigrod: Where code 500 that include video if that's how you want to experience –

[00:28:16]
Peter Thomas: That's right. Exactly right. That's what I was going to go with exactly right there.

[00:28:22]
Dan Smigrod: In addition to property listings, is there other content that brokers feature?

[00:28:32]
Peter Thomas: Yes, absolutely.

[00:28:33]
Dan Smigrod: For example, if I said well, okay, I'm interested, but I'd like to read about the different agents that you have, maybe I'd actually like to make a decision about who I'd like to help me, does it display agents?

[00:28:49]
Peter Thomas: That's right. Usually, I go into that when I have my demos deck up in front of you. But that's a good question. A couple of different ways that we can highlight agents. Number one is with an informational flier.

One of the ways that the system is used is to recruit and retain agents. You can have a flier here and it has the different agents that are inside your offers there.

You can do this a couple of ways. You can have a three-digit code right on the flier. When someone types in that three digit code, what will pop up on the screen is that agent's video or that agent's website.

That agent promotional material will pop up on screen. Let me look over here at my cheat sheet. I don't think I have my agents built into here. Another way that people actually engage with the system is by having their Preferred Partners in the window. Let me see if I've got this plugged in here, right?

[00:29:50]
Dan Smigrod: A Preferred Partner such as provides lending.

[00:29:57]
Peter Thomas: Title services, lending services, etc, right? You can have your Preferred Partners. Their information can pop-up on the screen at any time.

What I mean by that is on a loop, say once every five or 10 minutes, or it can pop up on demand when someone is typing a three-digit code. The other neat way to have your Partner's information on screen is there's a group of icons over here to the right. It says map listing, calculate mortgage payment, and request info.

You can't see those really well here. But whenever someone presses that button, it says "Calculate Mortgage Payment."

Now, that's a real live working mortgage calculator up there in the right-hand corner. They can type in information and they can also get information about the mortgage. But when they touch the screen and the screen says "Touch Here to Learn More", what pops up is your mortgage partners' website. That mortgage partners' website will pop up on screen.

Now that mortgage partner, that title company, your local lender, whoever may be, they're getting brand awareness for their particular services right there in your window. This is another screen that pops up. It says Preferred Partners, code 904 for Home Buyers Warranty, code 605 for Barlow Electric. I don't think I have Barlow in there anymore.

What do you know? I do have Barlow still in here. Again, what pops up on the screen is Barlow Electric's website.

Here's the cool thing. Your Preferred Partners will pay to take advantage of your space, because if you've got a great storefront location with any type of foot traffic, your Partners want to take advantage of that foot traffic as well.

They'd love to collaborate with you to take full advantage of that. About 70 percent of our customers have no out-of-pocket costs for the system, none at all.

Of course I'll share more about that. If anybody's looking for more information, of course, we'd love for you to watch all the way through here on the show.

But if you want more information, you simply go to www.WindoVision.com and you simply press the link to reach out to me. We'll share with you exactly how you can get the system. Really in many cases, at no cost.

[00:32:17]
Dan Smigrod: I'll mention it at that point, if you provide the coupon code – WGAN – you will receive three (3) free additional months of WindoVision Standard Premium Package.

[00:32:30]

[00:32:33]
Dan Smigrod: On WGAN-TV Live at 5, I like to focus on money and making money. While I hear that 70 percent of the customers can bring in partners that pay for it, I'm really interested in selling houses. It's 10 o'clock at night, the office is closed. Someone looks at a property, are they pulling out a pen and writing down that they need to call the office in the morning? What happens?

[00:32:59]
Peter Thomas: Very good question. The first thing is while, and we're not going to turn the sound on as you mentioned, but whenever I engage with the system, whenever I touch a listing, whenever I hit the play button, you get that virtual open house, that audio track is going to come on.

One of the things that the audio is going to say is if you'd like additional information, press the Request Info button and follow the prompts.

Now a person's going to notice that Request Info button right there on the screen or they're going to notice the Request Info down here on this main keypad. That allows them to input either their cell phone or allows them to enter their email address.

Your office may be closed, but your windows are always open, 100 percent of the time. When they put their contact information in, we're going to send a text message or an email to the person that's right at the site.

In that text message or that email, it's going to have information about the property that they just looked at and it's going to have the contact information of the agent right there inside your office. Now, we're going to send another message right inside the office to the agent who happens to have that property list.

That's going to have information about the property that was just looked at and it's also going to have that person's cell phone number as well. Now, let's say that that property, again, was listed down the street. Doesn't matter.

We're not sending the person at the sidewalk to contact the information from the office down the street. We're actually going to give them the contact information of the default person inside the office.

[00:34:34]
Dan Smigrod: Excuse me. Is the contact info always just one person? No, it's based on properties. If that's Jane's listing, she gets that. If it's Dan's listing, he gets it.

If it's the house listing for the one across the property that's listed by a different brokerage, then that's a house account and the broker's specified where that contact's going.

[00:34:56]
Peter Thomas: You've got it. Now that's the default way that it works. We've had some folks who wanted to customize that and we will, instead of Jane's listing going to her and Bob's listing going to her.

If you want all the contact information that comes out of the system to go to the house and so that they can distribute it the way they want, we can set it up like that. But the way that you described it initially is the default setup. You've got it, exactly.

[00:35:20]
Dan Smigrod: How about a team? Today, a lot of agents are working as a team. Can you set it up so that it goes to five people?

[00:35:28]
Peter Thomas: That's right. Now, we don't set it up so that it goes to five different people. What we can do is we can set it up so that it goes to one default person. Now, there's a couple of different ways that's worked.

We've set it up so that it'll go to like, there's a program called Commissions Incorporated, takes the input by email, so we can send it to Commission Incorporated. That can send it out to a round-robin distribution system, we'll send it to one particular person and that particular person can distribute it.

We've actually had a customer who set it up so that the system would send the contact information straight to a Google Voice account and that gets monitored or distributed at different times. We've got ways to work with that. But the default way is either we send it to one particular person or we send it to the listing one.

[00:36:14]
Dan Smigrod: You send it off to Google Voice and you have your distribution lists.

[00:36:19]

[00:36:20]
Dan Smigrod: I'm cool with that.

[00:36:22]
Peter Thomas: Excellent.

[00:36:23]
Dan Smigrod: It sounds like WindoVision really, it's going to work best where there's a high traffic location. Your windows have to have traffic. That's the first thing.

[00:36:40]
Dan Smigrod: For the purpose of the demo, you're in an office space, you have it set up in a corner so that'll be nice to present. But I'm just wondering, do you have any broker offices that use it in their waiting room?

[00:36:52]
Peter Thomas: Absolutely. We've got a couple of differences. We've done installations all over the place.

Allow me to share my screen, I'd love to show you a couple of the different installations. Obviously, this is outside, right outside an office. This is in a vestibule type setup.

I want to scroll forward and show you a couple of different options. This is actually at a mall. This is a great installation. You can't get more high traffic than a mall, it really does pop there.

The other installation, this is one of our customers, we're international, that happens over in Aruba. This is on an island. The system will work through hurricane glass.

Just incredible the way that it works. This system right here is a Berkshire Hathaway in Riverside, California. It's out in an office in the hallway right across from Starbucks. Now the actual office location is on the second floor. But what they wanted to do was take full advantage of the traffic that's outside in the hallway right across from the Starbucks. We have multiple locations, multiple installations for the system to work. Really, it comes down to a couple of different things we'd like to look at. Number 1, you've got a good foot track. Don't have to be great.

Because remember the system's actually going to draw people up to your window. But good foot traffic, number 1. Number 2, office windows or location that gets good traffic like I just showed you, those two things are really key and then we just maximize the use of that.

[00:38:22]
Dan Smigrod: I understand them all. Sounds like an awesome use. That's not the broker's windows. I understand maybe across from Starbucks, maybe not broker's windows or any of your 1,000 plus clients doing third-party deals in order to do an installation in a high traffic area that's not theirs?

[00:38:42]
Peter Thomas: Like a coffee shop, like a chamber of commerce windows, absolutely. Let me tell you how that arrangement works. We've actually had agents who've taken advantage of other locations because their office was in, say for instance, an office park but you always go to a particular coffee shop.

Because we can display any type of digital content on the window, you can partner with a coffee shop. You can use half of your displays for that particular location, all the coffee shop listings, for example. This is our Latte specials. You see what I'm saying? All of that could go here. Also some of the things that can scroll by on the screen are the specials for the coffee shop.

Then you use your other set of displays to highlight your real estate properties, your listings, and what scrolls by on the screen, of course, primarily are your real estate listings. Yes, that partnership works and here's how that ends up working for our real estate agents.

That typically just comes down to, you know what, if you will let me use this window space,

I will feature whatever it is you have. We actually have a restaurant. We will highlight your information in the window, just let me use the actual windows free of charge. It's a great relationship.

[00:40:12]
Dan Smigrod: I love that and I just couldn't imagine every agent broker being salespeople that they would love to do that barter arrangement.

[00:40:21]

[00:40:21]
Dan Smigrod: We've been talking about real estate brokers' windows. That said, do you have clients that are actually their agents themselves or the agent team.

[00:40:32]
Peter Thomas: Absolutely.

[00:40:33]
Dan Smigrod: They don't control the window or are they actually saying, "Oh, well, I'll go strike a deal with the mall and my team will pay the rent with the mall, or we'll strike a deal with the coffee shop, or we'll strike a deal with whomever separate from the broker.

We just want everything or leads coming to our real estate team."

[00:40:54]
Peter Thomas: You've got it exactly right, and because the system can be customized, or we can set it up so that every lead that comes in the system goes to a certain place. We can set it up to only go to the primary person in that particular team.

In addition to that, if you're an agent inside the office, you may talk to the broker and you say, "Look, we've got great windows. Let me use our windows."

[00:41:21]
Peter Thomas: Because the broker may just be happy providing the space for all the agents. You always have some agents that are just a little bit cut above.

They want to push the envelope about the next best marketing thing, and they will come to us and say, "Absolutely, I want to own the system personally, the relationship is personal with me. I've got the window already arranged to where it's going to be installed. They may come and install."

[00:41:43]
Dan Smigrod: I can see it now, I'm the agent, I've taken care of all that now I'm subletting to other agents in the office to say, and now the systems paid for it. Okay, great.

[00:41:52]
Peter Thomas: That's exactly right.

[00:41:56]
Dan Smigrod: I get it.

[00:41:58]
Peter Thomas: Yeah.

[00:41:58]
Dan Smigrod: It's 10 at night, in St. Simons Island, Georgia, we're out having an ice cream cone, we're walking down the street. The lights attract, the movement attracts. In fact, that was one of the three words you mentioned, ATTRACT. ENGAGE. CONNECT.

[00:42:14]
Peter Thomas: That's it, that's right

[00:42:15]
Dan Smigrod: You attract it, in terms of engagement, do you have agents that now interact with people who are engaged with the content? I mean physically. Tell me about that.

[00:42:28]
Peter Thomas: One hundred percent. Now, I have to give this testimony. One of our customers is down in San Diego, his name is Greg Newman. He generates 20 transactions per year from his WindoVision. He's got a testimony on our website. The way that he does it is the way that we trained everybody else and then how to do it. What you'll notice is there will be people that walk up to the window, they'll press one listing and they'll walk away, they'll move on.

But you'll notice somebody is more than just a lookie-loo they're actually interested in. They're typing different things. They happen to be looking at the different products, fliers, they're typing things in.

They're actually interested in looking for properties. Those folks you don't want to leave at the window by themselves. If your office is open, those are the people that you want to go outside and have a conversation with. We like to say it like this, "Never let a computer talk to a human when a human is available."

If someone is in your office, if they're available, you'll go out and have that conversation because interactions equal transactions, that's what you do. Greg taught us this method of how in San Diego he generates 20 deals per year.

That's exactly how we train everybody else. We'll even come onto a Zoom conversation and talk to all your agents about going outside, making that small talk. What's your name? My name is so-and-so. Are you new to the area?

How about you come inside? I'll give you some water and some information to take with you. We survey our customers. We had a customer down in the Colorado area, and what they noticed is that between 7 and 9 PM on Wednesdays, the system got massive use.

By the way, Dan, the system does do reports, so you can send those reports to your team, which will break down the times of the day that the system is being used. But the agents noted between 7 and 9 PM on Wednesday, the system was getting major usage. Well, what did they do?

They just began to shuffle their times because we're all hybrid and some of us are back. Folks began to shuffle their hours that they were available and to make sure they were in the office to have these conversations with people who were walking almost into the office. You've got people walking up to your windows.

What Greg calls it is, he calls it a drag-in. You go outside, you have that conversation with the person and you just gently drag them in. It'd be nice if they walked in on their own but this has got them engaged as you mentioned. Now we go out and we have that conversation and drag them in.

That's how you generate extra deals from the system. You talked about dollars, that's the primary way that should generate extra deals from the system is by those extra transactions that will come from that human interaction that the system causes you to have.

[00:45:13]
Dan Smigrod: Awesome. Let me ask it this way, so if I'm a real estate broker and I'm watching this show, I get it. I should go to www.WindoVision.comwww.WindoVision.com, and hit the link to schedule a call with you.

[00:45:39]

[00:45:39]
Dan Smigrod: In the comments as a next step. If I'm a real estate agent, and know, by the way, reminder; coupon code – WGAN – to receive three (3) free additional months of WindoVision Standard Premium Package.

If I'm a real estate agent, and I'm watching this WGAN-TV Live at 5, I'm really making two decisions to say, "Is this something I want to be for me and I want to go strike a deal with the coffee shop, or a mall, or I got some other use case for it?"

Or maybe I'm not quite there where I want to make a commitment, whatever that commitment is, I could say, "I should have my broker –" we're recording the show. "I should have my broker watch this WGAN-TV show and because this is going to help me as an agent succeed, I'll get more leads, I'll hopefully convert more of those leads to listings or to buyers."

[00:46:42]
Dan Smigrod: I get that I'm a real estate agent, I got to make a decision. Should I do this for me or should I make an introduction for my broker to watch this WGAN-TV show?

[00:46:51]
Peter Thomas: Yes.

[00:46:52]
Dan Smigrod: Third, I would say I'm a Matterport Service Provider.

[00:46:55]
Peter Thomas: Come on.

[00:46:56]
Dan Smigrod: I shoot residential real estate.

[00:47:03]
Dan Smigrod: I'm watching the show because I'm geeky – It's got this Matterport thing, so am I just saying, I should tell my agents and my broker to check out www.WindoVision.com and to give this coupon code: WGAN Because I'm just going to make an assumption here, that if the broker uses this, the agency uses this, they're going to get more listings and that translates to more real estate photo shoots, more Matterport shoots.

[00:47:39]
Peter Thomas: You've hit right where I was going to go. Here's if I were a Matterport Provider, I did the [Matterport tours]. Here's what I would do, I would tell the broker and the real estate agent, "Hey, you got to check out www.WindoVision.com, www.WindoVision.com because of this reason. I saw some amazing technology that will help your office to get more listings.

Now let's be real. Listings are the name of the game, and this I'm going to show you.

I haven't talked about this, yes, but this is how real estate offices get listings, and it happens on the listing presentation.

When you're sitting down with that seller, you're going to go through your entire spill, you're going to go something like, "Jack and Diane" you know what our real estate office can do, we're A-plus real estate. Nobody in the area is like us, we're going to put all our effort into selling your property.

But we've got something that no one else has. We got this amazing technology down on Main Street, you know where we're located. We got great foot traffic and what we're going to do is we're going to put you in our technology.

We can pick up a buyer right from our Window, nobody else in the area can do that. Then you close out the listing presentation with this, "Can I put you in our Window?" What we do, Dan, is we'll provide every single office, every Realtor will provide them with some materials that can go into their listing packet, whether it's digital or whether it's paper.

That way when they sit down at the listing presentation they can highlight this technology that nobody else has.

We even have a special way that you can buy exclusive licensing to the entire area so you can keep everybody else from getting it.

If I were doing Matterport, if we reverse engineering, the more listings the office gets, the more likely they are just to engage with me as a Matterport Service Provider. I want to tell them how they get more listings .

The way that the system is used to get more listings is that in that listing presentation you highlight what's unique about this technology and listing agents and that's everybody right now with low inventory.

Listing agents love those exclusive perks, those things that nobody else is doing.

This is something that nobody else does. When I say nobody else, obviously, the people that have good foot traffic, the people that have a storefront location they can do it. But not everybody can do this, not everybody can offer it. I just simply would relay that message.

You got to check it out. You can get more listings for your office. Then personally as a Matterport Provider, you know the digital content you create, the different places it's accessible.

It's accessible on my phone, it's accessible on the website. But now look at that timing there. It's also accessible right there in the Window, and is just ideal for you.

[00:50:35]
Dan Smigrod: Pete, I had just a couple more questions.

[00:50:39]
Peter Thomas: Please.

[00:50:39]
Dan Smigrod: Before we part. I've been watching and I'm a real estate broker. Is there a ballpark in terms of dollars? Obviously, there's lots of custom configurations, but is there a starting point.

[00:50:54]
Peter Thomas: I'll tell you that the average customer of ours gets into a system for about $195 per month, and that's including everything.

Let me tell you what we do. First of all, what we do is there's what we call customization and setup. The only thing on the outside of the window is this vinyl graphic decal. We will customize this vinyl graphic decal, to your colors, to your brand. Now the reason we have this decal on the outside is because we want to trigger in someone's mind that it's interactive. That's why we have this style, but the customization setup is we're going to connect to your MLS, make sure that we're pulling down all the MLS data for your particular area.

Based on your IDX feed, based on your local area, we'll customize all the buttons, we'll customize the branding, etc so that's customization and setup.

Then from there, there's delivery and installation, everything that you need to get the system up and running in your location we send it to you, including sending our installers there to install the system when they leave they just – they give you the basic training on the spot.

Then you call into us and we will do a training with your – a full in-depth training – with your entire team because what also is included is full support and training. There's a hardware warranty that's included with that.

Then the other part of the package is all equipment. You've got the displays, by the way, if you happen to already have displays, of course, you don't need to buy ours, which you've got all the technology, all the displays, that high bright monitor, that touchscreen.

There's an actual computer connected to the system, all that's included and the software, the brains of the system that's available as well, that's in your package and all of that the average person pays $195 per month.

Now, of course, as I mentioned earlier, that even gets offset. But we just had an event here locally in Michigan, raining cats and dogs here.

But we had an event where the actual broker of the office, he had the system completely paid for, simply by inviting out his title company, his home warranty, his mortgage broker.

They came out, saw the system, and loved it so much that they asked to be in the system and offset all his costs.

There's a couple of different ways that we can do it, but the average customer gets into it to directly answer your question about $195 per month. Again, you reach out to us, we'll get the specifics of your particular location, your configuration, we'll figure it out that exactly would give you an exact price.

[00:53:37]
Dan Smigrod: It sounds like the next step for someone who is interested would be to go to www.WindoVision.com. Unique spelling – www.WindoVision.comwww.WindoVision.com and look for the button that says, "Schedule a Call" and that call will be with you, Peter Thomas.

[00:54:03]
Dan Smigrod: Then ask questions in terms of okay, what's my next steps?

[00:54:11]
Dan Smigrod: My last question really is, is there something that we haven't discussed that you wanted to talk about WindoVision?

[00:54:18]
Peter Thomas: Dan, I had to compliment you're an excellent interviewer, you've covered absolutely everything that I can think of. What I would do is, if I were a Realtor or real estate office, as a broker or even a real estate agent I think through a couple of things. Do I have an office location or storefront with windows or do I have access to it? That's number one. Number two, am I looking for an advantage over my competitors?

Do I want something that will allow me to set apart, that's a standard part, so that number one, I can generate more listings? Number two so that I could display all of my digital information in the window.

Do I want to stand apart from the other folks in my area? I've got a great testimony on our website from Wayne down in Gulf Shores, Florida, he says he's on a street with more real estate offices, than a Dalmatian has spots, these are his words. WindoVision stops the person who causes the conversation to begin.

Again, testimony on our website, he says that in the first eight months of his installation, he had generated $2 million in extra sales from his window. That's the other question. Are you looking to generate more sales?

Are you looking to generate more listings? Well, nowadays we know how tight the market is. We know that there are real estate offices on every corner. You need an extra advantage in the marketplace and your windows can provide that advantage so those are the questions that I'd asked myself.

The other thing is the quality of the company that you're going to work with. Again, I mentioned how we've been doing this for 26 or 36 years, how we do the math. We've been doing real estate interactive for over 26 years. We've got deep-rooted experience. We've been doing interactive technology for over 36 years.

Of course, if you want any kind of special, you want a special deal when you call me I'm going to ask how did you find out about us, and you say you heard us on WGAN you'll access that special code and you'll get an extra three (3) months of software licensing for our [Standard Premium Package].

To me, and to the people that we deal with it becomes sort of a no-brainer because one additional sale or one additional listing turns into a sale.

The system pays for itself. Then in addition to that, you can have somebody else paying for it. It really becomes one of those things where Realtors look at it. They see the cost is not an issue at all because it's one of those things that pays for itself so I say call.

[00:57:00]
Dan Smigrod: Can you set up your appointment at www.WindoVision.comwww.WindoVision.com – look for the button that says "Schedule a Call" that call will be with Peter Thomas, Chief Executive Officer, WindoVision. Pete, thanks for being my guest on the show today.

[00:57:18]
Peter Thomas: Thank you so much and again, anybody that goes to our website, when you click the button, there is a Calendly link will come up so that you can think of a time on your calendar, and then we don't just wait for that data come what I'll end up doing is I'll reach out to you just to touch base. Then I want to say thank you.

Thank you for taking the time, for giving us the time here on WGAN-TV Live at 5 to be able to share, and I appreciate the service that you do to all the Matterport Providers. I really recognize the value that you provide to your community so thank you so much for that.

[00:57:48]
Dan Smigrod: Thank you for saying that Pete, which is really why I wanted to reach out to you to be a guest on my show. Because we always want to keep adding value to the community of Matterport Service Providers.

This just seemed, "oh, this is a great way to highlight the great digital assets of a professional photographer doing photos, video, aerial, Matterport, floor plans, etc. What a great way to help their client brokerage office succeed faster, which then results in the photographer succeeding faster as well. Thanks again.

Our guest today, Peter Thomas, Chief Executive Officer of WindoVision: based in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Again, WindoVision, www.WindoVision.com – Use the coupon code – WGAN – to receive three (3) free additional months of WindoVision Standard Premium Package for Pete in Ann Arbor.

I'm Dan Smigrod, Founder of the We Get Around Network Forum and you've been watching WGAN-TV Live at 5.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Buster6070 private msg quote post Address this user

One of my clients has this in his office. We're located in Cheyenne, WY, so a small market. His office is downtown though, so it's perfect for local foot traffic.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: WindoVision in Atlantic City, NJ! | Video courtesy of WindoVision YouTube Channel | 19 April 2023
Post 3 IP   flag post
101436 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?