Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CAPTUR3DMetarealOculusOculus QueststeamVRVR

Oculus VR viewing of matterport? / Captur3d model?16541

ukvisualimmersion private msg quote post Address this user
All,

I am looking for a app or program on Oculus that you can load and view matterport or Captur3d models in whilst being an avatar, does anyone have any recommendations?

Ryan
Post 1 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
following
Post 2 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Same problem with MPskin VR versions.

Does Matterport VR support the SDK?

Or can we only view my.matterport.com spaces in VR?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

To look at a Matterport tour via the Oculus (Meta) Quest 2, which application do you need?

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
ukvisualimmersion private msg quote post Address this user
To view a standard matterport model in oculus quest you just enter the URL in the search bar and it works. I believe at present Captur3d does not support VR on oculus but it is coming soon, but I may be wrong.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@ukvisualimmersion

Thank you!

Enjoy your weekend,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport works great with oculus browsing to the address. I haven’t tried captur but will later today (if it’s charged up). (Stare at the wall circles to move as I recall - been awhile)
Post 7 IP   flag post
Sdoughtie private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t know of one on oculus quest. But Masterpiece studio, using steamVR a gaming machine and Quest Link/AirLink, will let you import the model or pointcloud from a Matterpak. (though, you’ll need to reduce the size of the texture maps or decimate the pointcloud)

On the Matterport web version of I can’t tell if it’s actually VR or just 360’s. Is it using a depthmap? I’ve used one eye but it still looks the same. I’m not sure if it’s just me or what.

I wish there were tool access in the Matterport VR.

example:
Post 8 IP   flag post
Sdoughtie private msg quote post Address this user
I wish there were AEC industry apps on the Quest…
Post 9 IP   flag post
Seestvaates private msg quote post Address this user
The VR functionality of Matterport is a joke. It is flat, 2D and monoscopic. It doesn't even have the 3D transitions that Matterport is known for, just a crossfade between panos.

Such a flat view in a virtual reality headset is very jarring and offputting. Flat is absolutely fine for virtual tour viewing on a PC screen or a phone, but forcing the same flat perspective on both of your eyeballs in a headset is just so bad and notably unrealistic. It is what people used to show you in a Google Cardboard headset 8 years ago. People would see such a low-level VR experience and conclude that VR is not for them.

But they say that VR is the new rage, more people are jumping in, what am I talking about? Well, VR games and experiences are always 3D, not flat 2D. I am a VR enthusiast myself, with my own headsets and games and whatnot. If somebody would make a 2D VR game, it would be a disgrace.

If you really need an off-the-self VR virtual tour option (without going into game engines like Unity or 3D design software) look into Metareal. I've tried their VR solution in my headset and it is good. Both eyes see a different perspective, achieved by actually imposing the 360 pano texture on the underlying 3D geometry. Transitions between panos are smooth and 3D too, though you could walk around the whole virtual space with your actual feet if you want to.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101641 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?