Video: Complete iGUIDE Radix Walkthrough - Masterclass | Video courtesy of iGUIDE YouTube Channel | 3 March 2022 | with Planitar (iGUIDE) Sales Development Representative Jordan Haaster

iGUIDE Radix Landing Page

WGAN Forum Related Discussions

✓ Transcript | Intro: iGUIDE Radix for Insurance/Restoration Damage Estimating
New: iGUIDE Radix 3D for Insurance/Restoration Pros to Estimate Damage Cost
WGAN Forum discussions tagged: iGUIDE Radix

--

Transcript (Video above)

[00:00:03]
Jordan Van Haaster: - Awesome. Okay, I'm going to get things rolling here. If more people come in, they can just join from wherever we are. Just so everyone knows, my name is Jordan. I've been with the company for just about a year and a half now. This is my first webinar, so thank you all for attending.

Today, we're going to be discussing iGUIDE RADIX. If anyone hasn't heard of RADIX or is familiar with RADIX, I'm just going to show you quickly, just a quick intro. Everyone can see my screen okay. I think I've got this right page shared here. First off, our marketing team has prepared a nice, beautiful insurance and restoration page, which gives you a lot of information on RADIX.

If you're looking where to find that, it's just on our main website goiguide.com. Under Industries here, we've got Insurance and Restoration, and it'll pull up a nice page here that is tailored to this industry and tailored to a lot of everything I'm going to be talking about today. Moving on here. If anyone isn't familiar with RADIX.

I will give you a full rundown of what it is, features and functionality, and how to create one, and how that works, and everything like that. Just to give you an idea, RADIX is essentially a different type of iGUIDE. When we're processing an iGUIDE, normally we've got the standard, we've got the premium. For those of you who don't know, the premium has more detail on the floor plans as well as the VR capabilities.

RADIX is completely different. RADIX is essentially, you're still going to have a nice 3D tour. You still going to have the ability to navigate throughout that section and I'll make this full screen so you can see what I'm talking about here. But with RADIX, you're essentially not going to have a fully drafted floor plans.

Let me make this full screen. What you're going to see here on the left is you're going to have essentially what is the raw point cloud data. It's going to be in the same type of layout that the floor plan would be drafted in, but instead, you're going to have that raw point cloud data. I'll explain some features and functionalities and how that differs from a normal iGUIDE.

In terms of the navigational purposes on the actual iGUIDE itself, you still got the ability to navigate how you would on a standard iGUIDE. You can navigate on the hotspots, taken with different panels and you've also got the ability to navigate right on what would be the floor plan, but in this case, it is the RADIX data.

In this case here, you can navigate throughout these green camera positions, still to any location that you wish. The cool part with RADIX as well is that you've still got the full capability to use our measurement tools. If I wanted to go in, let me go into this room for example. You can still go in there. You've still got the ability to pan and zoom on the actual RADIX data.

If I want to navigate here, zoom in on this specific room itself, I still can do so here as if it was a fully drafted floor plan and essentially I can go into the measurement tools just like you would on a normal iGUIDE and have the ability to use any one of our measurement tools. For example, if I wanted to measure anywhere on this room or say, for example, a full measurement of the space itself.

I apologize if my hands are a little shaky, too much coffee today. But you've got the ability to do that and set a scale. This is tailored to the insurance restoration industry. One of the main reasons is for extracting that data and setting a scale in Xactimate. I bet you're wondering what I mean by that. Essentially, what it is is say I've set a scale like this.

I've taken this one measurement in the specific room. You could actually go and you can click Download and you can save that as a screenshot. Whatever you have on the floor itself, you can completely download that. Let me show you what a JPEG like that looks like, and you can essentially pull that up in a JPEG format, and you've got this that you can import into an Xactimate software.

Where you can essentially set a scale and begin to sketch your floor or room if you want to as well. Moving on a little bit, you've got the full ability to use the other measurement tools as well in terms of measuring on windows, doors, heights, anything like that. Let me show you how that looks there. If I wanted to measure the distance between this window here, you still have the full capability to do so.

Any heights or anything like that and say the height of this window, you still have the full capability to do so there as well. The cool part about RADIX as well is, in my opinion, the turnaround time. When you're using a normal iGUIDE, I'm sure you're used to submitting it through the portal, which again remains the same, but you're going to send it to our drafters.

Our drafters are going to be the ones drafting the nice floor plans there for you and then from there you're going to get it back the following day. Just so everyone knows too after I'm done this presentation, if you want to drop any questions or answers into the Q&A section, I will answer them afterwards.

I apologize if I'm not answering them on the go, but I will answer all those after the fact as well. You've also got the ability to do essentially upload on site. That's the huge part with RADIX is you're not submitting it to our drafters because you're not getting a fully drafted floor plan here. There's no need to send that to our drafters and have a delay in getting the iGUIDE back.

Essentially, what this is instead is you're uploading it to our cloud and essentially it's being rendered and given back to you within minutes. I'm going to jump out of here real quick. Just give you some more information. We'll come back to this page in just a moment. I bet you're wondering in terms of pricing. In terms of pricing, it's a little different than a standard iGUIDE.

You're not built based on square footage. Because it's tailored to the insurance and restoration industry, again, you have the ability to shoot a full property if you wish. But the other thing is, a lot of times in this industry you're not doing a full property unless it's a massive claim. Sometimes you've got claims that end up being just a couple of rooms in a hallway.

You've got the ability to navigate how you please and shoot whatever you're willing to shoot or not willing to shoot, I should say. But needing to shoot for that specific plane. How that's processed is actually based on scans. There's a flat rate. For the US prices, for up to 20 scans, it's $15. Canadians, it's $20 for up to the 20 scans, and then after that, it's $0.75 per scan, US dollar per scan, for Canadian.

It makes it really easy. Again, there is a flat rate for any of those smaller projects that you do. But it makes it really easy for you to scan whatever you need. Not have to worry really about the square footage, but to navigate throughout and be able to essentially shoot what you need and be only billed for the different camera locations compared to the total square footage themselves.

Moving on here. In terms of the differences here as well, I just want to show you this chart. Our marketing team has done amazing here in terms of putting this on our websites. You can actually find this right on the Insurance and Restoration page. This chart here I wanted to pull up as well because it shows you what each product has in terms of Standard, Premium, and RADIX.

Again, you're not getting the full floor plans here so you're not going to have in terms of the floor plans themselves a DXF file, but you're still going to have the ability to have a full DXF file of the point cloud data. The cool part is too with RADIX is that you have the on-site upload. What I mean by that is essentially you have the ability because you don't have to go through stitch.

You can essentially just have the data itself and you can upload it through the portal. You can save it directly on the device you're shooting with, and you can upload that directly. If you wanted to essentially move on from shooting one property to shooting the next, you still have the ability to do so. But if you wanted to get that on-site upload, for example, say you've got someone back at the office.

That wants to start the claim, they want all the data back, they need to be able to have that tour itself, be able to create those measurements, you can actually be the one that uploads it right away. You'll get it back within minutes, and then that way you can have your colleagues working on that data while you go to the next property and move on from there.

It really takes away any downtime and allows you to essentially be more productive with each and every property that you're shooting. Great. Timing wise, we are okay, 10 minutes here. Perfect. Just so everyone knows too, if you haven't activated RADIX or haven't used a RADIX, I'll show you exactly how that works on the portal. If you haven't done it and you don't see this on your screen, don't worry at all.

I'll show you how to do that. On your portal account, as you log in here, you'll have the ability to create an iGUIDE just like you normally would whether you're shooting Standard or Premium. You've also got the RADIX option here. If you don't see on your portal account a RADIX option, that's probably just because it hasn't been activated for you.

It's still can be activated, no worries at all. Feel free to reach out via a support ticket. Right in the portal itself, you've got the ability to create an iSupport ticket. From there, you can just say, I want to get RADIX activated, our support team, as quick and lovely as they are, will just nice and easily activate that for you and we will get that started.

Actually, if you see that you're not activated there and you want to drop a quick question or answer in there saying you want to be activated, I can even take care of that after this webinar as well. Moving on here. I'll jump back to the data we were looking at as well, because I wanted to go over a couple of more things.

A couple of other features that you still have the ability to do with a RADIX is, you still have the ability after the fact to add any tags. Again, iGUIDEs, you can add tags, you can add whether it's photos, videos, hyperlinks, specs, anything that you might want to include for a specific project; you still have the full ability to do so directly on an iGUIDE after the fact as well.

Again, that doesn't delay any of that timeline because you can add tags on after it's been rendered, and essentially, you can have someone working on that data and you can go in after the fact to add tags. I know this sample doesn't show it as well, but you still have the ability. Again, you've got the Map tab here showing you that specific location of the property that you shot.

This one doesn't have the other tabs here in terms of photos or videos, but you still have the ability to include that extra media. For example, if you've got still photos that you wanted to include for a specific project or a video, whether that's a regular video or a drone video, you still got the ability to include those with an iGUIDE RADIX as well.

I just wanted to show you essentially how that's delivered. In terms of the iGUIDE report, it doesn't change too much. The iGUIDE report here for RADIX, you've still got everything that you need in terms of the links for the virtual tour links. We give, again, both branded and unbranded just in case you need the unbranded version.

[00:11:33]
Jordan Van Haaster: You've also got the same download options. You can still download a RADIX completely offline, you can still download any images if there were images included there, you've still got the nice embedding tool that you can use to embed iGUIDE RADIX on any website or platform. Although you might not want to, the reason I say that is because when you compare an iGUIDE Premium that you see here, this is the same property.

Here, where it looks nice and neat, you've got the fully drafted floor plans; it might not look as neat when you're using it for marketing purposes. To be honest with you, the iGUIDE RADIX wasn't designed for marketing, it wasn't really designed for real estate sales or anything like that. Because, again, you can essentially see here as I'm zooming in really close.

Essentially what this is is the raw LiDAR laser data. It's the point cloud data itself. Instead of having that nicely drafted floor plan that our drafters take the time to do for you, that way it looks nice and neat for any marketing purposes, you've essentially got the ability to take that information and you can use it yourself if you wanted to set a scale or anything like that.

It doesn't always look nice and neat. If you wanted to use it for marketing purposes, again, you could, but again it always looks nicer when you have a nice fully drafted floor plan itself. Then from there, you can use it for anything you wish in terms of putting on your website, posting it yourself, having it on our link, downloading offline, again, still full capabilities back and forth there.

Let me jump back here. Another thing included with the iGUIDE RADIX as well, not only is the report still pretty much similar in terms of the downloads and the ability to have that offline, you've still got the ability to have the analytics as well. In terms of the analytics, again, this probably looks similar to most of you if you've used the analytics in a Regular, Standard, or Premium iGUIDE.

But essentially you've got it broken down there in terms of all-time visits this week, goes up to the last eight weeks there. I won't go into too much depth there, but I just wanted to show you that these are pretty much the same in terms of the analytical reports.

[00:13:45]
Jordan Van Haaster: Again, this is available on our website. I just wanted to pull this up. Again, I apologize you're dealing with me today. I know you're expecting this guy here, Chris White, on these masterclasses, but you'll have to put up with me for today. Chris White here has put a nice video together of him actually, this was the property I was just showing you in this demo, shooting our office.

Essentially, I'm just going to click play here and I'll make this full screen. I just wanted to show you what Chris has done on this area here as well. I'll make this full screen. Basically what he's done is he's taken this RADIX, I should say, sorry, and he's essentially drawing the lines like I was saying, and then putting them into an Xactimate software.

What he's done is he's essentially taken that and he's setting a scale. You can save that as a JPEG just like I showed you, and from there, you can create your sketch. This is available online. This is a great video that he's put together that just shows you essentially how the shooting process goes, and taking that software or taking that data and putting it into the Xactimate software. Very straight forward, capture, upload, sketch.

Again, this is very descriptive on our website as well. One thing I will show you is the survey simulator here. I bet you're wondering again, what data is this? It's the same data that's actually on the preview of your iGUIDE. If you're in, again, I'm sorry if this looks different for any IMS5 owners out there, but this is the survey simulator for the PLANIX.

Again, you've got your full 360 preview here, and essentially, you've got the raw LiDAR laser point cloud data. As I zoom in here, you can actually see this as the raw laser data that you would actually see on the RADIX itself. Again, that's why the turnaround time is so quick.

You're essentially taking all that LiDAR laser data that the camera system has essentially put together for you from survey, and you're just getting it rendered and put it together in a nice report there for you. Again, it's a lot easier with the PLANIX system itself because you've got the auto align feature. If you're going from location to location, you'll see that snap into place when you use the auto alignment feature.

You do have the ability to use it without the IMS5 system, however, if you essentially need to and you don't have a PLANIX system, again, that's just in terms of the alignment so you'll still have to focus on having that alignment close to perfect. That way you don't have any issues there, the auto alignment feature within the PLANIX systems is spot on and it's a lot easier to use for iGUIDE RADIX specifically.

Then one of the last things I just wanted to show you here before I open it up to the floor for questions, is this page here. Again, just to summarize here, iGUIDE RADIX, it's used to really save time so you can capture and share data quickly easily, cut costs so you don't have to worry about high labor costs or multiple site visits, you can just go throughout.

Just another thing I wanted to mention is upgrading RADIX. Say, for example, you're on a site, let's say it's an office building for example. We'll use the example we had and say, part of it's not fully demolished. You've got some construction workers in there working on, whether they're building some, knocking it down.

You don't have the ability to shoot the whole property that you need to shoot for a specific project or claim. You go throughout and you've only got to say, 50 percent of the scans you want and you don't have the ability to shoot that same day. You can actually get that data rendered. You'll essentially still need to go back if you wanted to shoot that full property.

But instead of having to submit the whole project again and be recharged for the whole project, you can essentially just be only charged for anything that you add to a specific project. What I mean by that is say, let me pull this up as a visual here.

[00:17:48]
Jordan Van Haaster: Say for example, this half of the building here wasn't able to be shot, you can get this whole thing rendered and say this was, for example, 20 panels. You'll get that essentially process and rendered. You go back a couple of days later when that team is done with that, you can essentially have that updated and you'll only be charged for what you're updating it for.

That's something that I know in this industry happens quite a bit in terms of claims with multiple people being in and out of that property or even in the construction industry as well, using that example similar in that case where you might have people working on that same project itself. Jumping back here. Then just a couple of other points here.

The convenience, again, it's compatible with estimating software, you've got the ability to export to the DXF files for any CAD software. Again, it's the same thing where you own your own data. You'll still have that full availability to download, have it fully offline on your own system, and you still have that same quality, lidar accuracy and data.

That is pretty much everything I've prepared for today. I'm going to go through the question and answers sections and go through my notes here to make sure I didn't miss anything myself as well. But while I'm pulling up the questions and answers here, let me see. I've got a question. Can iGUIDE RADIX only be used in the insurance and restoration industry?

No, not specifically in the insurance and restoration industry. That is what it was tailored and designed for, but again, you still have the full ability to shoot a iGUIDE RADIX in any other industries. The ones that makes sense of the top my head too is construction, even remodeling industries, if you're using the system for that.

If you wanted to use it again for any real estate purposes, it just doesn't look as neat and clean for marketing purposes but you can essentially use it for any other industry as well. It's just a quick way to get your data back, get the tour back with a quicker turnaround time and again still owning that same data.

[00:20:06]
Jordan Van Haaster: I see there are more than 20 scans in that RADIX but the website says RADIX is for up to 20 scans, so that mean you can have more than 20 but the price is per 20 scans. John, the 20 scans was just a flat rate. Any smaller projects when you only have 20 scans, essentially that's the minimum.

This processing page here, iGUIDE RADIX up to 20 scans in the US prices here being $15. That's a flat rate for any smaller properties for up to 20 scans. After that, you still got the ability to Add On as many as you want for 75 cents extra a scan.

[00:20:53]
Jordan Van Haaster: I have an IMS5 camera, how do I skip the stitch part? Essentially, this can be done with an IMS5 camera, yes. You're just going to have to focus on aligning your data on whatever device you're shooting with. It is a lot easier on a mobile device with the PLANIX system with the auto alignment feature because it snaps into place.

I'm not sure what device you're specifically using to shoot with but essentially, you'll just have to focus on making sure that when you go from scan to scan, you're still aligning your data properly in order to essentially have that neat looking point cloud data. That's the other thing I'll mention on this question as well.

Say, for example, you're using that IMS5 camera, you've got the property rendered, you get an iGUIDE RADIX, it looks something like this. But let's say, for example, you notice that maybe you didn't align part of this room properly and it just was a little bit to the left, a little bit to the right. Again, you still have the ability to go in and realign that and get it re-rendered.

You won't be charged extra for that. You still have the ability to align the data properly and get it re-rendered, that's not an extra charge at all. That hopefully gives you an answer to that question but also peace of mind in case you notice something after the fact, it's not like it's an extra charge in any way.

[00:22:24]
Jordan Van Haaster: Can I make changes to the data after it's been uploaded? Perfect. I guess I answered that one with the other one there. Perfect.

[00:22:38]
Jordan Van Haaster: Does the portal have the ability to rotate, square up the point cloud data?

[00:22:50]
Jordan Van Haaster: Dan, do you mind being a little more specific in what you mean by rotate and square up the point cloud data? Are you talking about like moving the floor plan completely all around? I'm just trying essentially have the ability to understand this question and properly answer it there.

[00:23:11]
Jordan Van Haaster: I don't believe we have the ability to essentially rotate or square up the point cloud data completely. It is done strictly from the lidar laser data. But again, I'll reach back out to you and confirm that answer. I believe all the changes to the data must be made in either the survey or a stitch.

Thank you, Kelly, for helping me on that answer there, but just wanted to confirm that's what you were meaning there for sure.

[00:23:42]
Jordan Van Haaster: Bill. I use an iPad without cellular plan. Can I upload and send the RADIX to be processed on site using the PLANIX Wi-Fi. Kelly, you might know that one for me to help answer Bill.

[00:24:00]
Jordan Van Haaster: Perfect. Kelly confirmed that for me. I believe you still need the ability to have Wi-Fi to access the portal, the PLANIX camera. When you're connecting with any device using a smart device, whether it's a phone, iPad. Again, you have the ability to connect to the camera to use the survey interface. It's not exactly its own Wi-Fi complex that you can access the Internet with.

It just makes it really easy for you to use any smart device connect to the camera and access the survey interface without having any data or Wi-Fi, or if you're in a rural area or anything like that, you will still need your own cellular or Wi-Fi to do on-site upload. The on-site upload is great. You still could also wait 'til you get back to the office or anything like that.

But if not, and if you wanted to be on-site, you would have to have your own cellular or Wi-Fi. Because essentially, you need to be able to connect to the portal itself. From there, you'll be able to essentially just connect to the portal, submit for a RADIX, and then go from there. But I apologize, no, you cannot do that directly through the PLANIX Wi-Fi.

The other thing I will mention to is, even if you have to wait 'til you get back to the office, you're still going to have that same quick render time. If you're doing a couple of projects getting back to the office, submitting all three of them, you still going to have that quick render time and be able to have all of that data back as quick as possible within minutes.

Perfect. Let me check here, I think that was all the questions I see here. Feel free to drop any more questions in the question and answer. I don't think I see anything in the chat. I'm just going to make my notes here. Different types iGUIDEs, measurements, perfect downloading. If no one has any other questions, I'll wait a couple of minutes here.

But we've also got the tech support team who's happy to answer any further questions about iGUIDE RADIX. You're more than welcome to reach out to anyone that you've contacted on our team as well. Another thing I will mention too is that our YouTube channel, if you haven't subscribed to that, we have lots of these videos and masterclasses up, not just on iGUIDE RADIX but on a lot of other topics.

If you haven't checked that out, feel free to subscribe or take a look at any of those videos. A lot of great content, obviously Chris does a lot of the masterclasses, but there's a lot of the team members that are essentially covering different topics so that you know exactly what you've got going on in different areas. I hope you've enjoyed dealing with me today.

I apologize that it wasn't Chris, but hopefully, I answered all your guys' questions. I see a couple of others come through here. Let me answer those.

[00:27:08]
Jordan Van Haaster: Can we edit the floor plan graphic on our side to make it look cleaner? I'm going to say no to that because essentially what it is, it's not a floor plan graphic itself, it is the raw point cloud data. If you are looking for that neat and clean floor plan, you want to make it look cleaner, I would recommend going through a standard or premium processing because essentially, that's probably what you're looking for in that sense to be able to use that for marketing purposes.

This may not look as neat and clean as a fully drafted floor plan, but it is just the raw point cloud data itself. There's no way to clean that up itself because it truly is that point cloud data. This session is recorded? I missed the start. Am I able to review this later on and how? Yes, we record all these masterclasses. I'll follow up with you, John, on the timing on that. I believe they're all posted online.

Still sharing my screen here, let me show you here. We've got our nice masterclass schedule. Just so you guys know too, this is listed on our website goiguide.com/masterclass. We've got all of them here listed on the topics, the times, who's going to be looking at them, and, again, just the one I'm doing today, you can join, they've got the ones that were January 13th and 27th available to watch right here.

I believe they also essentially get posted to our YouTube channel as well. Essentially, that will be hosted live again at the timeline or when that gets posted. I believe it's a couple of days, maybe to a week, but it will get posted online. Then we always do post to the discussion forum too, just so you know as well. Perfect.

[00:29:12]
Jordan Van Haaster: Do you get the downloadable panel spheres after render or is that also just with the regular iGUIDE? Let me pull up the Deliverables page here just to show you some proof, but you still have the full downloadable photospheres as well for an iGUIDE RADIX. On the iGUIDE report for a regular iGUIDE, you've got a couple other of the features, but again, photospheres for RADIX as well is
included.

Again, you don't have the download options on this one for the images. That's just simply because they're not included for this specific property. But if you did include any photos or photospheres, the photospheres are available for download offline, iGUIDE available for download and then also any of the images if you did include them, they're also available there too.

Perfect. No problem, John. Alex, I think that answers your question.

[00:30:12]
Jordan Van Haaster: Any other questions at all? I believe that is everything on my end. I'll wait a couple of seconds. But, again, if any other questions come up, anything that you didn't answer, feel free to reach out to anyone on the team that you've been in contact with previously or reach out to our tech support team, open a ticket, and they'd be happy to help you or give you any answers you might need.

But I don't see any more questions. I appreciate everyone joining and thanks for joining my first masterclass. Much appreciate it. I'm sure I'll do another one sometime soon. I hope everyone has a great day and don't forget to subscribe to that YouTube channel. Bye everyone.