Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseCapture AppFloor Plan ViewFloor PlansReal EstateZillow

Matterport Launches Schematic Floor Plans1650

Zephyr Cove, NV
Maria private msg quote post Address this user

I just received this. What do you think? "Dear Matterport Customer,

We are pleased to announce that you can now generate black-and-white floor plans from your Matterport Spaces, for only $36!

Traditional black-and-white floor plans are a great complement to immersive Matterport Spaces. They can be taken offline, and are still an expected part of the property marketing kit in many markets.

Now, Matterport Spaces bring even more value by allowing you to generate next-level immersive experiences and traditional marketing collateral in the same site visit.

Highlights

Delivered within 2 business days
Automatically generated from your Matterport Spaces - no additional property visits, measurements or labels necessary!
Downloadable in both PDF and PNG formats
Activate your account now under Account Settings. Read our How-To Guide to learn more."

How does this compare to other alternatives?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Maria

I noticed that I received two different eBlasts from Matterport today (Wednesday, 20 April 2016).

I included both below ...

Plus, here is the Matterport Blog Post today ....

Create Schematic Floor Plans online, right from your Matterport Spaces

And, the Matterport landing page for ...

Schematic Floor Plans

And ....

Activate Schematic Floor Plans for Your Account

Dan

---

Version 1 eBlast

Version 2 eBlast

Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Sample Matterport 2D Schematic Floor Plans

Sample - Floor 1

Sample - Floor 2

Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Maria

What are your thoughts?

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
sstarkey private msg quote post Address this user
I think it looks great but is it a $36 flat fee or does it vary by amount of scans?

Additionally, what format do they send it in? Is it a link to a page on their site (like how they do the virtual model/tour) or a .pdf?
Post 5 IP   flag post
AltitudeCinematic private msg quote post Address this user
I mean they are interesting but not sure what good they are for clients. Measurements arent accurate enough to be of any real use as I can see. I had one done as well and simply not sure what Id do with it .
Post 6 IP   flag post
Zephyr Cove, NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
@Maria

What are your thoughts?

Dan

I don't really have a thought yet which is why I raised the question. I think it's a great service to provide but with several options, I'm curious how good any of them are and how well they stack up against each other.

I have yet to try out this or the alternatives but having a Matterport supported version could perhaps offer a more accurate solution since it may not be relying on a screen shot like one of the other options.

Being unfamiliar with the process, I'm curious how accurate features such as Windows and doors are. It should be possible to measure the space in Workshop and get very accurate dimensions of with and height but the window sizes provided when using the Mark Features in the Capture app are usually way off and only give a general width dimension. I also wonder how these schematic services handle features like pony walls, sunken or raised room features that aren't really on a different floor.

If the conversion is automatic, how will it handle models with scans of the exterior as well as the interior?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Zephyr Cove, NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by AltitudeCinematic
I mean they are interesting but not sure what good they are for clients. Measurements arent accurate enough to be of any real use as I can see. I had one done as well and simply not sure what Id do with it .

I am not sure how accurate the new schematic floor plans from Matterport are but I have found the measurements in the Workshop to be very accurate. Hopefully they will be just as accurate. I think even if they are fairly accurate, they can be of use. I can imagine uses such as for virtual staging (professional or otherwise), decorating, buying furniture, estimates for flooring and cabinets.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Noel private msg quote post Address this user
sadly as per Matterport support..

"At this time, we only support imperial measurements. We are working to support metric in the future."

Shavonn Mealing

International Sales
Matterport Inc.

For the Australian, and European market, I trust the future is soon.
Post 9 IP   flag post
davidpylyp private msg quote post Address this user
Many ask for floor plans in addition to Matterport tour
I was prepared to (add collaborator) sub contract this out to others and pay.

This seems smoother.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
PetraSoderling private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

I think it's great to have competition, keeps the service better for everyone. Many of you are already aware of Blue-Sketch floor plans, but here's a recap for any new people here:

We do 2D floor plans for USD 29.95 per house or apartment regardless of number of floors or size of the house, delivery by the following business day. You can invite me as a collaborator to your account, so all you need to do is share a scan with me and receive a floor plan by next day.

Our default floor plans are taupe and blue but we make black and white per order, too, for the same price.

We can display measurements in four different ways, all included in the same price.

AND we do metrics

Send me a private message to get our product sheet if you're interested.

http://blue-sketch.com/2d-floor-plans/

Kind regards,
Petra
Post 11 IP   flag post
pirusan private msg quote post Address this user
So far, I have being drawing the schematics myself but in the near future I don't see how I would even consider using the MP schematic service when you can hire @PetraSoderling to do my floor plans.
Blue Sketch,
1) Delivers Faster
2) Can do metric
3) Can draw 3D
4) is as accurate
5) is $6 cheaper which will pay for my Starbucks addiction

Gus
Post 12 IP   flag post
AltitudeCinematic private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria

I am not sure how accurate the new schematic floor plans from Matterport are but I have found the measurements in the Workshop to be very accurate. Hopefully they will be just as accurate. I think even if they are fairly accurate, they can be of use. I can imagine uses such as for virtual staging (professional or otherwise), decorating, buying furniture, estimates for flooring and cabinets.

I believe it can even be upto 4 inches off to be honest.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Noel private msg quote post Address this user
Yes Petra does drawings in Metric, and her business is great, and this is a winner for me.

I think it's great to have competition, keeps the service better for everyone. Many of you are already aware of Blue-Sketch floor plans, but here's a recap for any new people here:

We can display measurements in four different ways, all included in the same price.

AND we do metrics

Send me a private message to get our product sheet if you're interested.

http://blue-sketch.com/2d-floor-plans/
Post 14 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@Noel

WOW! That's ridiculous!

I have worked closely with MP for at least 8 months before metric measurements were released - the ridiculous thing is that the very first release of MP had metric measurements!

I have actually been told during a skype meeting by Katharine Nevins (who works in the Product Management team) that it automatically creates in metric and they have to convert it to imperial! So frustrating!
Post 15 IP   flag post
101646 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?