Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BIMPricing

Matterport BIM costs?16483

virtuallyreal private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all

A bit of a frustrating conversation with Matterport support just now - thought I'd see what this group thinks.

I have a client who is interested in the BIM add-on for their scan. They are a collaborator on my account, so they can see the quoted cost. What's odd is that even though the scan is 720sqm / 8000sqft, Matterport is quoting the 10k sqft cost and the 5k-10k processing time.

When I pointed this out to the support person on the call, I was basically told 'it's an estimate'. My response was pretty much 'if I estimated 100% swing on a cost that the client has to commit to BEFORE they've seen the end result I'd be out of business pretty fast'.

In the end, I didn't get a resolution. Wondered as a first question if anyone has encountered anything similar.

Second question... before the BIM option came along I had offered a service where I gave the scan and Matterpak to a freelancer (Upwork / Fivrr) who created a Sketchup file and floorplan for me in client colours.... looks like I could do the same thing here and likely deliver the service for a much cheaper price. Anyone done this before?

Thanks all

John

(btw this is the scan in question https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=QSWkkc6sena)

Post 1 IP   flag post
virtuallyreal private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
There are a few companies offering the same service on facebook MOUG group. I have asked around just to compare cost and one has come with rates a few times less than Matterport. I have promised them not to share their rates publicly. Just ask on MOUG for any who can do it to DM you quotes for your size.
Post 3 IP   flag post
SCAN TO CAD FILE SERVICE Baezeni private msg quote post Address this user
Dear @John and other interested in BIM modelling and floorplans and other high quality but price affordable custom or standard content from Matterport or any other input. The many year WGAN service provider and forum member Baezeni have more than 15 years experience in producing all types of engineering modeling and viz services and will be happy to help.

Baezeni can produce from any input and make any type of output format and level of details and from any size to BIM for you. As an example the above we can do LOD 300 (full detailed walls, main structures, doors, windows and all fixed furnitures like in kitchen, bathrooms ++) for 500 USD and we can deliver it in 2 to 3 days.

Baezeni have done hundreds of Matterport to BIM projects and if you send us a email with input or questions we will always give you fast feedback with a fixed binding price before we start. You pay when job done and accepted. We have only good experiences in many years with the fantastic WGAN forum members and are more than happy to help at any time.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101436 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?