Video: The Metaverse looks like this...Matterport + Avatar in a VR virtual tour | Video courtesy of Hopscotch Interactive YouTube Channel | 14 February 2022

Hi All,

Video (above) from San Francisco-Bay Area Hopscotch Interactive Founder Emily Olman (@Hopscotch).

Your thoughts?

Best,

Dan

From the Hopscotch Interactive YouTube Channel

We received an inquiry at the agency the other day from someone who wanted to know if they could have an avatar inside of a Matterport model in each of the rooms. The answer is of course, "YES", but it begs a lot of questions about that experience and the many, many ways one could tackle that brief:

1) Is it live?
2) Is it photorealistic, or is it a render?
3) Are the avatars recordings, or are they really people simultaneously in a space?
4) What are you using it for?
5) Most importantly, are you MOTIVATED to make it work?

So, I put together a demo of myself in a publicly available Altspace world, called Matterport "Wine Shop" Demo shared by Altspace user Jimmy (thank you Jimmy for putting this up!) I made a recording of myself in the space as it's an open world in Altspace, and then wasn't totally satisfied with the first-person demo and so I went in again after my hack with the "drone" user as a camera. Let me know what you think in the comments!

I think the next demo will be me showing one of my own models that was scanned specifically for VR and showing what else we can do with it. It's really a pity that Facebook Spaces is no more, because it was 10x more elegant, but this is actually not that bad and perhaps better in some ways because we have free roam capability now in a way that was not possible before.

Shout out to Jimmy and of course to Altspace for the great platform to demo! I love my job!

Source: Hopscotch Interactive YouTube Channel